Photo

Official Electronic Music Topic

1,275 replies to this topic
Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:27 AM

Like OMG I got UNKLE's War Stories a few ago, damn thats one kick ass album.

Another current favorite album is The Chemical Brother's We are the Night, Do it again and the Salmon Dance are pure sex.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Tryst @ Aug 22 2007, 12:27)

Another current favorite album is The Chemical Brother's We are the Night, Do it again and the Salmon Dance are pure sex.

My Chemical Brothers are awesome.

'Do It Again' has like over 100 plays on my iTunes.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

I had a brief but good affair with Chemical Bros. Don't really listen to them now though. I've seen them twice. Once at festival and a 7,000 capacity warehouse. That venue was too big though. It didn't encapsulate the sound like smaller clubs. At least my German friend got us free tickets for it. Everyone was just chomping pills. ph34r.gif

I love the track Got Glint. Anyone know this track? You should get it. The chorus line reminds me of the tune from Duran Durans, Save a Prayer.

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Poetry Master [All Time]

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Tryst @ Aug 22 2007, 02:27)

UNKLE are great, went to see James Lavelle recently, and whilst it was good, just found myself getting annoyed for his whole set wishing that it was UNKLE.

rx7 rr4
  • rx7 rr4

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:47 AM

I sleep, breathe, eat, sh*t, piss, listen and live house, electro, progressive, dance, etc. Love it to death. BUT, 99.9% of the people you've listed I've never heard of. So, I've got some stuff to look up.

Anyways, this is the sh*t I listen to daily;
Dani Moreno (The Cock/El Gallo Maximo), David Guetta, Benassi Bros., Peter Gelderblom, Mylo, Sander Kleinenberg, Kaskade, Martin Solveig, Tiga, Bob Sinclar, Wally Lopez, The Egg, Stylophonic, Roger Sanchez, Outwork, Jesse Garcia, Jerry Ropero, Gabi Newman, Eric Prydz, David Amo, Julio Navas, Axwell, Haji & Emanuel and much more..

Ciao.

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

Found some rather cool noisy/ambient music from one of the men behind Darkthrone.
Neptune Towers - Caravans To Empire Algol

Quite cool sounding so far, but its ambient noise so most people won't get it. He's got some cool subtle synth lines on this first song.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

Hmm...haven't strayed into here yet.

I must agree, CB really are awesome, never been into em much at all, just loving the odd song like Under the Influence, thanks to Wipeout for getting me into that.

Who here's into Bonkers?

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:17 PM Edited by vALKYR, 25 August 2007 - 06:19 PM.

New pics from INDEX (sorry, I went to Cascada tounge.gif )

'twas a nice live act though, she's hot as hell and apart from the girl I had to help to carry out because she got sick or so it was a nice hour of music to be honest... with 2100 People in one Music Area tounge.gif

Also met some Englishmen from Portsmouth who went all the way to Schüttorf, Germany to see Cascada tounge.gif And they used the Swimming Pool as well...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

So if anyone know these folks, pay them my greetings wink.gif

DJ Oliver Swéd, the Resident DJ in INDEX:

user posted image

Other Pics from Main Area INDEX during Hardstyle:

user posted image

user posted image

Also, if you're interested in some quality Hardstyle, give the "Donkey Rollers" a go, especially "Followers, Evil, No One Can Stop Us and Atrocity"

Linky McLink

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

Looked like a nice party vAlk.

So I just popped in to ask if anyone listens to Autechre? I've got the album Bike (i think it's called). It's pretty good.

jake6
  • jake6

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:15 AM

hey guys i love all electronic music! but i need help finding some ambient because the only good ambient artist i know is ulrich schnauss who is amazing i also want some good DnB

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:33 AM

I have this CD from Neptune Towers, Transmissions from Empire Algol, which is quite good.

Aphex Twin put out a couple of ambient albums, little bit beat driven than most ambient music though.

Ulver's had a few ambientish albums.

Ummmmm thats all the ambient I can think of right now.

New album you guys need to hear, well I've actually had it for a few now but haven't listened to it for a while till now.
Mindless Faith - Momentum, its like industrial dance music, its awsomeness.

Never heard of Autechre, whats it like?

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

SLAM - Live, Justin Robertson, LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad, Kissy Sell Out, High Contrast, Commix, Aki (Womb, Japan), Revo, Tane, MC S.A.S, More Guests TBA!

Excited about this night 15th September, going to get messy I think.

Risky
  • Risky

got blunt....?

• Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (jake6 @ Aug 29 2007, 00:15)
i also want some good DnB

well one nation 2007 is a quality CD pack. i'm also downloading random concept vol. 8 & 9 right now, i'll give my verdict in a bit but from what i've heard its some good stuff.

some good DJs:

Nicky Blackmarket (going to see him next month biggrin.gif )
Andy C
Hype
Friction
Fabio
Grooverider
Mampi swift
Hazard
Goldie
Fresh
Bailey
Shy FX

some good MCs (if u like the live stuff)

Shabba
Skibadee
Eksman
Herbzie
Det
IC3
Fearless
Bassman
Fatman D

Some good artists (if u want "instrumental" drum & bass)

Roni Size (and Reprazent)
High Contrast
DJ Hype
Shy FX (the album "Diary of a digital soundboy" may be a good starting point for drum and bass... its quite commercial sounding)
Clipz

i would also recommend the album "Drum & Bass Essentials (3CD)" if u are trying to get a feel for the genre.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:30 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 29 August 2007 - 12:54 PM.

They're all great Drum & Bass artists. If you can get your hands on 10 Years of Drum & Bass mixed by DJ Randall - it has most of those artist on it. Good for D&B newbies like me! Had the pleasure of catching Grooverider this summer icon14.gif

@W-J-W: Sounds excellent. Is it a one day festival?

I'm torn apart for the 15th of Sept. Electronic Drum percussionist pioneer and ex-member of Kraftwerk is playing here in Dublin..

Wolfgang Flur (second from right) 1978

Still plays live electro percussions but here he is DJing in Moscow

Or AfterLife for PsyTrance, Drum & Bass, Electro for one day/night. confused.gif

@Tryst: Yeah, I have Selected Ambient Works which is really nice to do college work too etc. Was litening to him just there.

So Autechre are two blokes from England who have been around since the same time as AFX basically doing the same thing as AFX. They are credited as pioneers of IDM (I hate using that term). The album I mentioned, Bike, was out in '93 and can easily be mistaken for a cold beat-driven Aphex Twin track with nice little ambient hooks.

And Tryst, can you reccomend some good Ambient for me? icon14.gif

I particulary like Eutow by Autechre.

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:09 PM

If your not above independent artists, [ur=http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/03/default.cfm?bandID=427414&content=music]Zoios[/url] He doesn't classify all of his music as ambient but quite a bit of it has the same principles.
We also have this guy William Edge

Soundclick has alot of real decent artists if you look.

If you want some real cds, you can always go for Fantomas - Delivrium Cordium, its more experimental but with the same principles behind it.

And another thing you could branch out to if you like ambient/experimentalish stuff is some of the cold/darkwave artists. Chaostar is great, then Arcana.

It all really depends on your mood, Fantomas will apeal probley apeal to you more if your into Aphex, Chaostar will apeal more to people who like slighly gothic/epic/industrialish sounds. and Arcana apeals a bit more to people who like classical stuff, they draw heavily on the romanticised 'medieval' sound

loved that Autechre video, I might have to find some of that stuff. Also, damn I love Kraftwerk videos.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

Thanks mate. William Edge is great. I listen to lots more of him.

Is it Arcana as in Nox Arcana? I found a video on youtube Music Box by Nox Arcana. Is it the same? It's really good.

Thanks for those reccomendations icon14.gif

jake6
  • jake6

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

thanks guys this is some real good music!

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

Nah, I mean arcana as in these guys - their site

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Aug 29 2007, 12:30)

Nope, just a club night in Liverpool, absolutely immense line up though, easily the best I will have seen this year, although Vitalic will be pretty hard to top.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

Nice one. Sounds like fun. I missed Vitalic earlier this year. sad.gif He'll be back though! ph34r.gif

.:R2D2:.
  • .:R2D2:.

Mostly Harmless

• The Precinct

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Tryst @ Aug 29 2007, 03:33)
Aphex Twin put out a couple of ambient albums, little bit beat driven than most ambient music though.

Yeah, SAW 85-92 is definately a lot more beat-driven, SAW II less so. I'd rate Selected Ambient Works II very highly but just a tip - don't go dozing off late at night with it on. Waking up to distorted children's laughter and windchimes is enough to make you spend the rest of the night with the light on.

Some more ambient you might wanna check out - on the more beat-driven side I'd recommend the debut album by The Field, entitled From Here We Go Sublime, probably one of the best electronic releases of this year. (If you enjoy that you might enjoy the Pop Ambient 2007 compilation released on Kompakt, which featured the first track by The Field). Also notable would be Biosphere's latest full-length, Dropsonde which makes use of looped jazz drumlines alongside traditional ambient tracks. It's not a typical ambient LP but it's very good nonetheless. Try Endless Summer by Fennesz as well for some interesting electronic/ambient tomfoolery.
And of course there's the huge amount of ambient house which came about in the nineties. Chill Out by The KLF is probably the pinnacle of that, along with The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld. Some others of mention would be Motorbass' Pansoul and Sculptured by Beaumont Hannant, 74:16 by Global Communication and Flying High by The Irresistible Force.
For more traditional ambient try Brian Eno's work, especially 1983's Apollo and the Ambient 1-4 series. Recently I've enjoyed some stuff by Tor Lundvall, especially Empty City, which like its name conjures up images of desolate industrial graveyards. It's nice though, still manages to remain organic in sound. Try his Last Light album as well, I dunno if it'd be technically classifiable as ambient because it's got vocals on most tracks. It's nice though, if a little depressing. Also worth mention are the rest of the Biosphere catalogue (apart from maybe Autour De La Lune, which is just recordings from space). Substrata is their best and arguably one of the highlights of the genre.

A few more albums worth checking out:
William Basinski - El Camino Real
Various Artists - Good Night: Music To Sleep By
Max Richter - Songs From Before
Steve Roach - Dreamtime Return
Steve Roach - Proof Positive
Phelan Sheppard - Harp's Old Master

Pancho the great
  • Pancho the great

Hang the DJ!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (W - J - F @ Aug 30 2007, 14:19)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Aug 29 2007, 12:30)

Nope, just a club night in Liverpool, absolutely immense line up though, easily the best I will have seen this year, although Vitalic will be pretty hard to top.

Nice man!

just got my ticket;s for next months Pressure in the arches featuring

Richie hawtin
Felix Da Housecat
Vitalic

and a few others...Should be a wild night!!!

I saw 2 many DJ's, Daft Punk and the Chemical Bro's bout 2 months ago at Rockness.....OMG!

2 Many DJ's are just fantastic...thats the second time Ive seen them!!

WOO!

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:13 PM

Sounds like an excellent night man.

You are in for a treat if you haven't seen Vitalc before.

I have seen 2 Many DJ's a couple of times too. Had a great time both times.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

I've seen 2 Many DJ's at the Electric Picnic in and got free tickets to Chemical Bros too. They're good but I've moved more towards Psy-Trance and Drumb & Bass. Still like Daft Punk. You'll have an excellent night.

I decided to go to AfterLife. It's part 2 of Life which I went to in July. Here's some pics from the last couple of years...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

There's a fancy dress competetion so it should be interesting to see what wierdos will be there this time.

Reincarnated
  • Reincarnated

feels good man

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

If there's one song that can give you a religious experience, its man with no name's teleport. Just make sure your tripped out on something

Sixdust
  • Sixdust

April 2nd, V2

• Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:30 AM

user posted image

Nuff said.

Spectre95
  • Spectre95

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:28 AM Edited by Spectre95, 13 September 2007 - 07:32 AM.

^Gods

One of my favorite ambient tracks, Tokyo Nights!: http://www.musicv2.c...am.php?id=37470

An short improvised ambient track I created: http://www.musicv2.c...am.php?id=14620

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

Just got Leftism by Leftfield. f*cking amazing opener. I remember hearing the opening track Release the Pressure but never knew who done it.

OK, the guys organising AfterLife and Life fest couldn't get the license for the outdoor venue. It's now gonna be in Dublin City centre between two venues. 50 DJs, 18 bands. Starts at like 12pm to closing and in the bigger venue/club/theatre there's gonna be the bigger DJ's including Drum & Bass legend DJ Krust. Can't wait!. I'll post pics. BTW, my mate (a bloke) is dressing up as Wonderwoman for it. I'm dressing up in a Fez and a traditional Arabian robe thingy and we'll be hanging with our mate Cid if you catch my drift wink.gif smile.gif smile.gif !

@Spectre:Nice track icon14.gif

DJ Krust...

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:59 AM

Do you consider Honest mistake by The Bravery Electronic Music?

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:18 AM

No, if that song is anything its synth enhanced rock, falling under the same ideas that the Killers had on their first album.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users