Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 24 2007, 20:17)
QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jul 24 2007, 11:45)
QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 23 2007, 21:44)
Yellow Songs = Hardstyle (Hard Hardtechno tounge.gif )
Red Songs = Harder Hardstyle (explicit lyrics tounge.gif )

OH YOU JUST WANT TO BE f*ckED IN THE ASS.

Clarification for the public: This is the opening of technoboy @ Sensation Black 2006

ph34r.gif

What the hell is that?

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

Laurent Garnier and Derrick May definitely..also Carl Craig..personal favourites like.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jul 24 2007, 13:04)
QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 24 2007, 20:17)
QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jul 24 2007, 11:45)
QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 23 2007, 21:44)
Yellow Songs = Hardstyle (Hard Hardtechno tounge.gif )
Red Songs = Harder Hardstyle (explicit lyrics tounge.gif )

OH YOU JUST WANT TO BE f*ckED IN THE ASS.

Clarification for the public: This is the opening of technoboy @ Sensation Black 2006

ph34r.gif

What the hell is that?

Hard Music... nothing for pussies.

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

Above + Beyond, ATB, Antoine Clamaran, Tiesto, Roger Sanchez, and for abit of a mix up Eric Prydz.

You've got a rocking party there mate.

Where the hell is the Techno/Trance gen chat topic? It's my favourite music type of art there is tounge.gif

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Parky. @ Jul 29 2007, 18:08)
Above + Beyond, ATB, Antoine Clamaran, Tiesto, Roger Sanchez, and for abit of a mix up Eric Prydz.

Where the hell is the Techno/Trance gen chat topic? It's my favourite music type of art there is tounge.gif

I declare this now the official topic for techno and trance music.

Regards,

user posted image

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:20 PM

Sweet. Well, this year I passed up the chance of going to Ibizi, Cream, Es Paradis, Amnesia, etc because I was skint sad.gif Gutted that I couldn't go, but should be next year ( Fingers Crossed)

Just started listening to Antoine Clamaran, and damn, I love his music. It's great.

I'm sure you've got plenty of stories about the clubs aswell Valk, been to anything decent since your birthday?

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:55 AM

I have downloaded most of the music all of you have recommended and it all seems really good and I have put it onto my ipod for the party which is this weekend so hopefully everyone will enjoy the music. Thanks for all the recommendations and stuff guys.

@vALKYR - Yeah, I guess this can be the new techno music topic. A quick little topic title change by a moderator and all should be good. I will probably post regularly in it as well since I have come to a liking of most of the music you guys have recommended. It really gets you moving.

Im Rick James B**ch!
  • Im Rick James B**ch!

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 30 2007, 03:16)

And house?

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

"You gota love HOUSE, music, alll night long..."

SF-UR tounge.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:30 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 30 July 2007 - 02:33 PM.

I made two sh*tty videos at Life Festival in Galway, Ireland.

Mainly, Psytrance - Progressive, Full On, Dark etc, Mininmal Techno, Drum & Bass, Electo, Chill Out.

The Vids I made are from the PsyTrance stage. (First two) Please excuse the quality.

This video is just funny. I love this little guy.

Drum and Bass tent at around 5 am: (Grooverider)

Can't wait for the After Life festival on in Sept. They said they couldn't wait til next year 2008 for the next Life so they will have another one in September!

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Im Rick James B**ch! @ Jul 30 2007, 09:34)
QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 30 2007, 03:16)

And house?

sure... Q-Dance was a House thingy anyway in the beginning (HouseQlassics Parties)

QUOTE (Parky.)
I'm sure you've got plenty of stories about the clubs aswell Valk, been to anything decent since your birthday?

Yea INDEX again a few times, nothing special though, VIP Nights n' sh*t. Next up is ZANY, Cascada and Lady Dana on their 2x Weekends of "Europe's Biggest Beach Party" (17/08 - 18/08 and 24/08 - 25/08, Fridays is more Hands' Up and Saturdays Hardstyle and Hardtrance Only)

INDEX Flyer 07-08/07

If anyone wants their weekly update on Harder Styles, go look at "StraightOn Recordings" or sites like http://www.musicincontrol.nl

StraightOn Recordings

You can download the sets at http://www.musicincontrol.nl under "Live Sets"

------------------

My Videos from all kinds of Disco Visits:

http://youtube.com/valkyr64

LT.Diablo
  • LT.Diablo

I'm with the stars now...

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 30 2007, 14:30)
This video is just funny. I love this little guy.

Drum and Bass tent at around 5 am: (Grooverider)

Can't wait for the After Life festival on in Sept. They said they couldn't wait til next year 2008 for the next Life so they will have another one in September!

Hahaha, that little guy is awesome!

The DnB video was sweet, looks like a pretty good atmosphere there too!

.:R2D2:.
  • .:R2D2:.

Mostly Harmless

• The Precinct

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

A lot of people are enjoying electro house a lot more lately, you'll probably get people recognising tracks if you play a mix from those Djs who're playing mainly electro nowadays. Especially people from and connected to the Ed Banger label, like Justice (everybody seems to know "D.A.N.C.E" and "We Are Your Friends" now) and MSTRKRFT. Try those two for some fun mixes (and remixes) along with Digitalism, Felix Da Housecat, 2manydjs, Erol Alkan and - perhaps with more of a traditional house bent - Sasha and Digweed, Gabriel & Dresden, Eric Prydz, Sebastien Ingrosso and Steve Angello.

The perfect place to find a great mix of that sort would be Radio 1's weekly Essential Mix. Two recent good ones would be Justice's and last week's by Digitalism, both highly recommended. They're a lot of fun and mix great house beats with older/more popular tunes people will recognise. The same goes for the "As Heard On Radio Soulwax" series by 2manydjs. And Resident Advisor provides a lot of reviews of new electronic music, and their weekly podcast is very good as well (I'd recommend Joris Voorn's recent offering).
Music blogs can help you find a lot of good music of any sort even though you have to sort through a lot of sh*t to get to the good stuff, but a blog I regularly read offered this wonderful mix which hasn't been out of my playlist for about 6 weeks. :)

And if that doesn't tickly your fancy, try Girl Talk's "Night Ripper" album for a bit of insane, 20-tracks-mixed-together mashup insanity, it's bound to get people dancing. (We Want Some Pussy by 2 Live Crew mashed together with Silly Love Songs by Wings? How can you go wrong? :p )

Also I realise this post isn't technically about techno, I don't follow that scene well enough to give any kind of recommendation about it, but the OP seemed to ask for dance music in general - and 'techno' has become almost synonymous with 'electronic dance music' to the uninitiated anyway so I thought I'd go ahead and give my recommendations.

Im Rick James B**ch!
  • Im Rick James B**ch!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

Good electro (dirty) house compilations:

Onelove - Smash Your Stereo
Just got this myself. Check out the 3am (Andy Murphy) cd.

Miami 2007 - David Piccioni

Sessions Four
Like most Australian MOS cds, this has alot of mainstream recognition.

Future Music Festival 2007

Mashed 2
Mashed. Need i say more.

Mashed 3

Onelove - Your Disco will Eat You
3am.

Onelove - Volume 4
(Couldn't find a decent link)

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

I really like a lot of Tiesto's stuff, and Robert Miles is also pretty damn good, 'Children' is a f*cking sweet song. Paul Van Dyk is another one of my favourites.

But there is one song that can make or break a party imo, and that's 'Sandstorm' by 'Darude'. This song is so damn good that I nthink most people in the party will die tounge.gif . You HAVE to play this one.

CJVercetti
  • CJVercetti

LazyTown Lover

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Let's see

Anything - Daft Punk

D.A.N.C.E. - Justice

Eurodiscoteque - Figurine

Science Genius Girl (hi-phive mix) - Freezepop [always a good song]

Strict Machine (We Are Glitter Mix) - Goldfrapp

If I Don't Return - dntel

Dentaku - Kraftwerk

Bing Bang (Chris "The Greek" Panaghi Club Mix) - Chris "The Greek" Panaghi & Julianna Rose Mauriello

Anthem - Moby

Sinnerman (Felix Da Housecat's Heavenly House Mix) - Nina Simone & Felix Da Housecat

Little Girl Blue (Postal Service Mix) - Nina Simone & Postal Service

Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix) - The Postal Service

Mother Ship Connection (Daft Punk Remix) - Scott Grooves

Couches in Alleys - Styrofoam

Overdose (Lady Mix) - Tomcraft

Just some suggestions

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

The party was last night and I must say, it wouldn't have been a party without all the techno you guys recommended. A lot of people at the end of the night came up to me asking for the songs and what artists were on the mix etc.

Thanks.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (ya mum @ Aug 4 2007, 05:28)
The party was last night and I must say, it wouldn't have been a party without all the techno you guys recommended. A lot of people at the end of the night came up to me asking for the songs and what artists were on the mix etc.

Thanks.

what songs did you play?

And you know it: Techno makes Parties.

Ask ID&T and Q-Dance wink.gif

btw: Sensation Black Aftermovie (A MUST WATCH FOR ALL TECHNO AND HARDHOUSE FANS!!)

This is sparta a party!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

Thanks.

That's good news. So just like vAlk, I'm curious. Post the mix you played!

@CJVercetti: Dentaku/Pocket Calculator is a great track. Sung in Japanese!

CJVercetti
  • CJVercetti

LazyTown Lover

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Aug 6 2007, 08:05)

Thanks.

That's good news. So just like vAlk, I'm curious. Post the mix you played!

@CJVercetti: Dentaku/Pocket Calculator is a great track. Sung in Japanese!

Hell yeah. I actually prefer it to the english one.

BTW, I agree with these fellers. Please post which songs you played.

technomm
  • technomm

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Aug 3 2007, 06:48)
But there is one song that can make or break a party imo, and that's 'Sandstorm' by 'Darude'. This song is so damn good that I nthink most people in the party will die tounge.gif . You HAVE to play this one.

wholly agreed.I love that song inlove.gif @ya mum:like others said please post what you played at party bored.gif

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

Can we talk about noise and avant garde in here?

technomm
  • technomm

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (XN22 @ Aug 10 2007, 22:09)
Can we talk about noise and avant garde in here?

Why not?There are other threads about Metal,Rock so i think we can start a Dance/Techno discussion here,maybe?

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

Woo. Well, I have really nothing to say, besides The Residents and Merzbow kick ass. That will be all.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:23 AM

Well, after a large number of people requesting me to post the mix I played I finally got off my ass and posted it. I will just post the techno/dance music I played at the party:

Professional Widow – Armand Van Helden
Technologic – Daft Punk
I'm the Supervisor – Infected Mushroom
You’re Hot – Sneaky Sound System
Human After All – Daft Punk
Dance Like a Machine - Vitalic
Flaunt It – TV Rock
Daftendirekt – Daft Punk
Hip Hip Hooray – Sneaky Sound System
Satisfaction – Benni Benassi
Le Rock - Vitalic
The Others – TV Rock
Aerodynamic – Daft Punk
With Doktor – Armand Van Helden
Repair Machines – Vitalic
Streched – Infected Mushroom
Anything – Daft Punk
Natural Women – Benni Benassi
Frog Machine – Infected Mushroom
Harder, Better, Faster, stronger – Daft Punk
Put Your Hands Up For Detroit – Fed Le Grande
Robot Rock – Daft Punk
UFO – Sneaky Sound System
Bimbo Nation – TV Rock
NYC Beat – Armand Van Helden

That's about it, thanks for all your suggestions and what not. I have really started to enjoy this type of music now after I have listened to these song. Daft Punk are incredible, Technologic would have to be my favorite.

Anyway, does everybody want me to ask a mod to make a topic change for this topic and make it techno or trance discussion and I will make the front page official or don't you really care and you would be fine with leaving it how it is and just continue with the genre chat anyways?

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

Ya Mum: Why? ...Just why? Daft Punk is terrible IMO.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

As much as a f*cking hate Techno i'm going to be a smart ass and link you to this

http://www.homestarr.../sbemail45.html

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (XN22 @ Aug 11 2007, 19:53)
Ya Mum: Why? ...Just why? Daft Punk is terrible IMO.

Well, we all have our own tastes and tbh I don't know how you can think they are terrible. Their music really gets me pumping and onto the dance floor, I ripped it up at the party.

Girls digged my dancing.

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:09 AM

Here we go, Merzbow live.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:48 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 11 August 2007 - 11:08 AM.

Thanks for posting that. That's a real Funky-House/Electro mix you played there. I'd be happy to party to those tracks. (although usually I'd be partying to something a little 'heavier' like some PsyTrance)

I see you played Frog Machine by Infected Mushroom. It's a great track. Also to point out that Professional Widow is a Tori Amos track originally. Anyone remember this?

So I think you should send a request to to a Mod and ask for a name change. That's a good idea. Maybe, Electronica or Electronic Music thread. Sounds a little stiff but it covers all styles, from Trance to Techno. smile.gif

Dark PsyTrance:

"Mario Brothers" by Electrypnose (great music to trip to) I love when it get to 1min:30 and after.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users