Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official Electronic Music Topic

1,254 replies to this topic
Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:13 AM Edited by Ya Mum, 22 April 2009 - 06:35 AM.

Ok well there's this party that my friend is having in two weeks time and knowing that I am a music fanatic, she has asked me too make a party CD full of Rap and Techno. I myself have all the rap covered but I am not to big of a techno fan, so I am asking anybody out there who has a good knowledge on techno and can give me some recommendations.

Either name a good song or just name a good artist, thanks.

-----------------------------------

user posted image

Welcome to the 'Official Electronic Music Topic'.

Enjoy your stay and play nice.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

I would suggest you get some Daft Punk which is more Funky House than Techno.

Daft Punk:

Harder, Better, Faster, stronger.
Aerodynamic
Daftendirekt
Human After All
Robot Rock

These are all generally good party tracks.

If you want some you can try some Vitalic. Vitalic, like Daft Punk is French and is more Electro-House but he's quite good.

Vitalic:

Dance Like a Machine
Le Rock
Repair Machines

Or you can try Infected Mushroom. They are a mix of of Psytrance and all sorts.

Infected Mushroom:

Streched
I'm the Supervisor
Frog Machine

Well, I hope you try them out and enjoy them even if your not into that music.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

Wow, thanks mate. I actually don't mind techno but I only hear it and I don't follow it and like know the artists but I just like some tracks that I dance to and sh*t. But thanks a lot for that mate, I'll check them all out.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:41 AM

Oh right. I see. That's cool. Well, you are very welcome and enjoy your party. Let us know how it went.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 18 2007, 19:41)
Oh right. I see. That's cool. Well, you are very welcome and enjoy your party. Let us know how it went.

Well it's not until two or three weeks time but sure. I'll let you know how everyone liked the music as well, hopefully it's a hit.

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

Listen to tesco its a cross between disco and techno its quite good

W - J - F
  • W - J - F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 18 2007, 09:33)

If you want some you can try some Vitalic. Vitalic, like Daft Punk is French and is more Electro-House but he's quite good.

Vitalic:

Dance Like a Machine
Le Rock
Repair Machines

Good work, I went to see Vitalic a month or so ago in Liverpool, the only word I could use to describe it would be immense. Possibly one of the best nights I have ever been to, was absolutely wasted, and when he played Newman ass his final tune after the whole clubs chant of 'one more tune' as you can probably imagine, it went off big time.

Mullen
  • Mullen

bon vivant

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

You have to get some REAL sh*t from Detroit:

Jeff Mills
Drexciya
Juan Atkins (aka Cybotron, Model 500, etc)
Underground Resistance
Carl Craig
Derrick May

and if you like some housey stuff check out some:

Moodymann
Theo Parrish
Terry Lee Brown Jr.

jimmy.
  • jimmy.

?

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 18 2007, 09:33)
Daft Punk:

Harder, Better, Faster, stronger.
Aerodynamic
Daftendirekt
Human After All
Robot Rock

These are all generally good party tracks.

I also like the songs Digital Love and Revolution 909 by them too. Those would be good in a playlist.

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• None

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

Daft Punk and Vitalic are both kick ass!

Also try to get your hands on a couple of Junior Vasquez songs. He's an immensely popular DJ in Manhattan. Most of his stuff is great. Sander Kleinenberg did a remix of Mylo's "Muscle Cars" that was sensational. Mike Macaluso's " The Final Chapter is a banger too. I'll hit you with a few more once I can access my itunes...which is on the fritz at the moment.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:10 AM

Check out ATB

a_fool_from_edinburgh
  • a_fool_from_edinburgh

psychonaut

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:24 AM Edited by a_fool_from_edinburgh, 20 July 2007 - 12:26 AM.

I see a techno thread so i have to pop up and say one thing:
HARDCORE, whether its happy or properly hard its great!
I thourghly recommend Scooter some good party anthems from them would be 'weekend' and 'logical song'
Also i highly reccomend Rotterdam Terror Corps doesn't matter which tune cos they mostly sound the same.

Also PinkFloyds reccomendation of Infected Mushroom is superb, quality group there.
As far as I see it they are the godfathers of Psy Trance which is one of my favorite styles of electronic music.

Pendulum is always a good crowd pleaser good tracks 'slam' 'tarantula' 'another planet'

Mix up the styles of techno cos under the 'techno' name comes a great deal of many many diverse genres from DnB to House to Trance, to HARDCORE (note when typing HARDCORE i have decided that i should always be in capitals dozingoff.gif )

I also recomend Cascada now maybe a wee bit neddy for some but nevertheless its pretty happycheeseyfeelgoodhouseytranceyharddanceyish stuff, i reckon it would go down well at a party.

As the killa also says ATB are pretty rocking check out Tiesto especially 'Adagio for strings' proper trance rave anthem that one

Edit: Can't belive I forgot The Prodigy! IMO they are the defintion on what proper 'techno' should be

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:45 AM

try symbion project.
ex synthesised

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

I liek the french when it comes to these things smile.gif

phoenix
daft punk
cassius
icon14.gif

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

You need good techno? - Mario Ranieri

technomm
  • technomm

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:46 PM

I fully agree with you 'a_fool_from_edinburgh'.SCOOTERis all you need for a superb party.Just try some of their samples on the website,i'd promise you won't regret and your party will be HUGE!A bit of their lyrics:
"I am the horseman..i'm mentally mad...i'm a super sharp shooter..sittin on a rooftop.my name's mc h,i got the big breaks and the BASS,1,2 check it's a mixture ,rough to the core,thru the texture,come n get a taste of the fixture! yeah..."

a_fool_from_edinburgh
  • a_fool_from_edinburgh

psychonaut

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

inlove.gif haha f*cking right, their lryics are just well uhm... in a league of their own, thats for sure!
I've just been making up sh*tloads of mix cds (one dedicated soley to scooter) for my plane flight tomorrow. Oh yes i pity the person who is sat beside someone (i.e ME) wearing stupidly large headphones pumping out non stop Scooter and maybe some happy hardcore.

HOW MUCH IS THE FISH???!??

technomm
  • technomm

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (a_fool_from_edinburgh @ Jul 23 2007, 03:12)
inlove.gif haha f*cking right, their lryics are just well uhm... in a league of their own, thats for sure!
I've just been making up sh*tloads of mix cds (one dedicated soley to scooter) for my plane flight tomorrow. Oh yes i pity the person who is sat beside someone (i.e ME) wearing stupidly large headphones pumping out non stop Scooter and maybe some happy hardcore.

HOW MUCH IS THE FISH???!??

lol,i think you should take a big speaker system with you to the plane to make the whole passengers go mad!...Good idea to play 'How much is the fish?' coz the airplane crew will get hungry and thus serve you a delicious fish! cool.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (technomm @ Jul 22 2007, 23:46)
I fully agree with you 'a_fool_from_edinburgh'.SCOOTERis all you need for a superb party.Just try some of their samples on the website,i'd promise you won't regret and your party will be HUGE!A bit of their lyrics:
"I am the horseman..i'm mentally mad...i'm a super sharp shooter..sittin on a rooftop.my name's mc h,i got the big breaks and the BASS,1,2 check it's a mixture ,rough to the core,thru the texture,come n get a taste of the fixture! yeah..."

No offence my friend but Scooter has to be one of the cheesiest tacky 'bands' ever. The blondey guy's like some washed-up early nineties, gay club performer. I don't know how people take them seriously. Maybe if you were 10 years old and a little clueless but even I hated them since I was nine or ten and I'm 22 now and they are still going.

Im Rick James B**ch!
  • Im Rick James B**ch!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 23 2007, 21:36)
QUOTE (technomm @ Jul 22 2007, 23:46)

No offence my friend but Scooter has to be one of the cheesiest tacky 'bands' ever. The blondey guy's like some washed-up early nineties, gay club performer. I don't know how people take them seriously. Maybe if you were 10 years old and a little clueless but even I hated them since I was nine or ten and I'm 22 now and they are still going.

I have to agree. I have not listened to scooter but those lyrics do sound incredibly cheesy.

technomm
  • technomm

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 23 2007, 15:06)

No offence my friend but Scooter has to be one of the cheesiest tacky 'bands' ever. The blondey guy's like some washed-up early nineties, gay club performer. I don't know how people take them seriously. Maybe if you were 10 years old and a little clueless but even I hated them since I was nine or ten and I'm 22 now and they are still going.[/color][/font]

Their music isn't supposed to be serious mate ,neither I do take it that way,it's just for fun ,as H.P says "we just want some fun".However i have to agree their late music is not what i like to hear,it's going cheap and commercial.In any case,it's undeniable that Scooter has made some great material even if you call it rip off,the awards and valuable chart positions they've attained is a proof.And that's why they're still rocking on the case for more than 13 years since you were 10 years old! lol

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:14 PM Edited by vALKYR, 23 July 2007 - 12:18 PM.

I don't know what you lot declare as Techno but all the songs and groups you listed here make House and Dance Music ONLY.

Not a single techno artist / song has been listed here, except for Scooter.

And you can tell by my sig, I know what techno is. Dutch people should know the difference between hardtrance and happy hardstyle or the difference between House and Dance, or else you ain't dutch tounge.gif

REAL Techno Tracks are:
  • Shaun Baker - Xplode 2 (Harder Remix)
  • Shaun Baker - V.I.P
  • Discotronic - Tricky Disco
  • Starsplash - Cold As Ice 2007 (Jumpstyle Mix)
  • Jeckyl & Hyde - Freefall
  • 200 - The Darkness
  • Happ Clubber - Kick That Bass! (DJ Equan Remix)
  • Hardstyle Mafia - Go Insane (Original Mix)
  • The KJB's - Infinity
  • Kim Sozzi - Break Up (Cascada Remix)
  • The Artist Also Known as - Eating Donuts
  • Culture Beat - Mr. Vain (Recall)
  • Rocco & Bass-T - Alright (A1)
  • Showtek - FTS (f*ck the System)
  • Showtek - No Harder
  • Showtek - The Colour of the Harder Styles
  • Zanzalabs - Control your Mind (Tatanka Remix)
  • Mr. Puta ft. Showtek - Puta Madre
  • Mr. Puta - Greenstuff
  • Donkey Rollers - The Fusion of Sound
  • D-Block & Es-Te-Fan - Keep it Coming
  • Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer 2003
  • C-Bool - Would You Feel (Ziggy X Edit)
  • The Hitman - Like I Love You
  • Blademasterz - Masterblade

Yellow Songs = Hardstyle (Hard Hardtechno tounge.gif)
Red Songs = Harder Hardstyle (explicit lyrics tounge.gif)

If you want versions of these songs I recommend http://www.djwitek.prv.pl (then go to MP3 and search the list) You can download the latest techno, remixes of old ones and hardstyle songs there for free.

I'd recommend to at least consider downloading all of these songs, this is about the best techno for a party you can find. And if everyone's drunk enough, I'd put on Hardstyle and you'll have the party of the year. tounge.gif

icon14.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:42 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 23 July 2007 - 05:46 PM.

vALKYR, I noted than mine were Electro or House. tounge.gif

I think Mullen mentioned some Techno artist's like Jeff Mills. The genre and description of Techno is too broadly used over the years. Kraftwerk used the term Techno to describe there music since as early as around 1982 as it does come from the word technology and alot of their music sounded and represented technological sounds such as computers, cars, robots etc. Hence them Headlining I Love Techno festival.

When I think of Techno, I think of more beat orientated with no lyrics (maybe the odd track) and less melodic. (a bit like Richie Hawtin)

I think ya mum may have wanted some good electronic music that would suite a party than specifically Techno. That's why I suggested some Electro-House etc. Would I be right mate?

Jekel & Hyde are a good choice. They mix some old-skool Electro with Techno and all sorts. Tracks like Go Bang etc.

@technomm: I see what you mean. I hope I didn't sound disrespectful towards you. Maybe I take things too seriously sometimes.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 23 2007, 18:42)

I think Mullen mentioned some Techno artist's like Jeff Mills. The genre and description of Techno is too broadly used over the years. Kraftwerk used the term Techno to describe there music since as early as around 1982 as it does come from the word technology and alot of their music sounded and represented technological sounds such as computers, cars, robots etc. Hence them Headlining I Love Techno festival.

When I think of Techno, I think of more beat orientated with no lyrics (maybe the odd track) and less melodic. (a bit like Richie Hawtin)

I think ya mum may have wanted some good electronic music that would suite a party than specifically Techno. That's why I suggested some Electro-House etc. Would I be right mate?

Jekel & Hyde are a good choice. They mix some old-skool Electro with Techno and all sorts. Tracks like Go Bang etc.

@technomm: I see what you mean. I hope I didn't sound disrespectful towards you. Maybe I take things too seriously sometimes.

Yea, Electro / House Music is good for parties, especially Hardhouse (melodic techno mixed with dance and lyrics) though somethings nothing can beat the unbelievable slap on your face with Hardstyle.

Hardstyle Radio Hard.FM

Techno/Dance Live Mix Radio @ Techno4ever.net

(save .pls file to a folder, then start it with WinAmp, WMP, iTunes whatever)

LT.Diablo
  • LT.Diablo

I'm with the stars now...

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (a_fool_from_edinburgh @ Jul 20 2007, 00:24)
I see a techno thread so i have to pop up and say one thing:
HARDCORE, whether its happy or properly hard its great!
I thourghly recommend Scooter some good party anthems from them would be 'weekend' and 'logical song'
Also i highly reccomend Rotterdam Terror Corps doesn't matter which tune cos they mostly sound the same.

Also PinkFloyds reccomendation of Infected Mushroom is superb, quality group there.
As far as I see it they are the godfathers of Psy Trance which is one of my favorite styles of electronic music.

Pendulum is always a good crowd pleaser good tracks 'slam' 'tarantula' 'another planet'

Mix up the styles of techno cos under the 'techno' name comes a great deal of many many diverse genres from DnB to House to Trance, to HARDCORE (note when typing HARDCORE i have decided that i should always be in capitals dozingoff.gif )

I also recomend Cascada now maybe a wee bit neddy for some but nevertheless its pretty happycheeseyfeelgoodhouseytranceyharddanceyish stuff, i reckon it would go down well at a party.

As the killa also says ATB are pretty rocking check out Tiesto especially 'Adagio for strings' proper trance rave anthem that one

Edit: Can't belive I forgot The Prodigy! IMO they are the defintion on what proper 'techno' should be

This man has it down, especially with The Prodigy, bloody legends they are. Got all their albums, and I must say there's no party music quite like The Prodigy, especially their "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" album.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 24 2007, 03:42)

Yeah, I am looking for more of the house type techno with some lyrics and so on. Although I don't mind people recommending hardcore sh*t since I have downloaded some of the stuff you guys have recommended and I have actually come to like techno quite a bit.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (ya mum @ Jul 24 2007, 10:56)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 24 2007, 03:42)

Yeah, I am looking for more of the house type techno with some lyrics and so on. Although I don't mind people recommending hardcore sh*t since I have downloaded some of the stuff you guys have recommended and I have actually come to like techno quite a bit.

Good....

I'd recommend getting Future Trance Albums... it's more House but mixed with Techno. Melodic and good lyrics and you won't need the balls you have to have in order to hear Hardstyle. Future Trance Vol. 40 (the newest) for example:

Disc 1
1. Scooter - Imaginary Battle
2. Topmodelz - Heartbeat
3. Cascada - Miracle
4. The Real Booty Babes - Somebody Else
5. Rocco & Bass-T - June
6. Starsplash - Cold As Ice 2007
7. Limelight - Something About You
8. Groove Coverage - Summer Rain
9. Scarlet - I Touch Myself
10. Blaster, Master - Walking In Memphis
11. Ziggy X - Stormy Crowd
12. Allstars, Rave - The Logical Song
13. Pinball - China In Your Hand
14. Colt Munson - Don't Give Up
15. Mayth - Dare Me
16. Baracuda - La Di Da
17. Sample Rippers - Nobody Likes The Records That I P
18. Katie Jewels - Burnin' Love
19. Discotronic - The World Of Discotronic
20. Thomas Koch - Il Mio Amore
21. Dj Neo - Rock The House
Disc 2
1. D.J. Waakop Reijers-Fraaij - In The Dark
2. Michael Mind - Blinded By The Light
3. Atb - Renegade
4. Dj Lee - Blow The Mind
5. Kindervater, Jens - Time
6. 2 Vibez - I Believe
7. Apollo - Dance 2007
8. Stone, Cj - Feeling So Real
9. Paffendorf - It's Not Over
10. Italobrothers - Counting Down The Days
11. Jeckyll & Hyde - Freefall
12. Blutonium Boy - Dark Angel
13. Ultra - Free
14. Stfu - Shut The F K Up
15. Ultra Djno.S - The Music
16. Headspinz - Just Breathe
17. Le Sound - Blue Monday
18. Dream Dance Alliance - Shinobi
19. Geen Plank - Sonic Empire 2007
20. Danny S - You Keep Me Hanging On
21. Ozi - Juicy Pen

Compilation of the best house, techno and dance music.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 23 2007, 21:44)

OH YOU JUST WANT TO BE f*ckED IN THE ASS.

@yamum: You should get some Australian junk, like TV Rock's new song with the funny lyricist.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jul 24 2007, 11:45)
QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 23 2007, 21:44)

OH YOU JUST WANT TO BE f*ckED IN THE ASS.

Clarification for the public: This is the opening of technoboy @ Sensation Black 2006

ph34r.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:57 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 24 July 2007 - 12:00 PM.

QUOTE (vALKYR @ Jul 23 2007, 20:03)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jul 23 2007, 18:42)

Yea, Electro / House Music is good for parties, especially Hardhouse (melodic techno mixed with dance and lyrics) though somethings nothing can beat the unbelievable slap on your face with Hardstyle.

Hardstyle Radio Hard.FM

Techno/Dance Live Mix Radio @ Techno4ever.net

(save .pls file to a folder, then start it with WinAmp, WMP, iTunes whatever)

Thanks for the links, buddy. wink.gif

If any of you ever find yourself on acid or mushrooms and you want to hear something crazy visit my mates online radio 24/7

Triplag (Psy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users