154 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (shaboobala @ Jul 17 2007, 20:53)
It looks to me like the blonde guy on the right is packing some kind of Desert Eagle.

http://files.gtanet....rk_shootout.jpg

That looks like one but it is a bit different because the hole ( don't know what it is called) points out a bit and a deagle doesn't

user posted image

Land Of Confusion
  • Land Of Confusion

Semper Recolitus

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (The general2 @ Jul 17 2007, 21:00)
It looks to me like the blonde guy on the right  is packing some kind of Desert Eagle.

That looks like one but it is a bit different because the hole ( don't know what it is called) points out a bit and a deagle doesn't

user posted image

That's a desert eagle, it's imprinted on the gun....

shaboobala
  • shaboobala

Caw-sack

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (The general2 @ Jul 17 2007, 17:00)

user posted image

Yeah, I noticed that too. I can't think of any handgun that fits the picture better though... hmm.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

I think i found the pistol the guy is holding

user posted image

It has the hole sticking out.

shaboobala
  • shaboobala

Caw-sack

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (The general2 @ Jul 17 2007, 17:36)
I think i found the pistol the guy is holding

user posted image

It has the hole sticking out.

Nah it's not a beretta for sure. Too thick and the trigger guard curves inwards. There's also a slight slope at the bottom tip of the gun.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:03 PM

found another one

user posted image

Land Of Confusion
  • Land Of Confusion

Semper Recolitus

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

Nope

I'm pretty sure it's not a russian gun

Scotty/chino
  • Scotty/chino

The Hatch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:39 PM Edited by Scotty/chino, 27 May 2009 - 02:44 AM.

KingAnd1
  • KingAnd1

Yardie 4 Life

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

It looks to me like the blonde guy on the right is packing some kind of Desert Eagle.

that looks too small to be a desert eagle

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:55 AM

Here's another handgun pic.

http://files.gtanet....acob_spliff.jpg

libertycity_fiction
  • libertycity_fiction

Dear brother I do not spread rumours I create them

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:26 AM

Nice topic I think it should be pinned because this one looks better then anyother weapon topics and I had never seen the m4 one in the 2nd trailer.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Japp @ Jul 17 2007, 14:12)
Hehe.. guess im more used to the russian, chineese and jugoslavian versions.. Hehe.. cool weapon page.. Got to check it out some day.. First timer ever ive seen an AK-47 with ACE... Looks cool..

The Glock... I think its too hard to tell..

From where do you have your interrest in weapons?

I think the photo I posted is a Vector. They're made with Polish AK parts on receivers made in the US, and the Polish kits are pretty much identical to the Russian version. The one in the game could have been modeled after anything though. From the screens, it looks like it doesn't have mag well dimples, so it might be based on a Romanian version..

The Glock could be a mix-and-match too. I'm guessing they just went with a generic pre-3rd gen setup without a rail to save polygons.

As for my interest in guns, well, they're just fun, and I've got a couple of my own. wink.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Jul 17 2007, 14:53)
That M4 looks like a G3/HK416 hybrid imo  confused.gif

As Japp said, the one in the game has a triangular front sight like an M4, whereas the HK416 has a flip-up sight. The HK416 also has a "seamless" quad-rail on the front instead of the round handguards seen in the trailer. Otherwise, the HK416 is an M4, only with a piston-driven bolt rather than direct gas impingement.

There's a bunch of pics and stuff at the H&K site.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:55 PM Edited by s-paco, 18 July 2007 - 12:58 PM.

I'm thinking about a Baby Eagle... Maybe with a slightly longer barrel?

user posted image

What are your thoughts?

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (TDP992 @ Jul 18 2007, 04:55)
Here's another handgun pic.

http://files.gtanet....acob_spliff.jpg

Yea, ive been looking at that one too... I think that it is too hard too tell. But after messing with it in Photo shop,zooming, adding light and contrast ive come to the conclusion that it looks most like the Glock 17

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (s-paco @ Jul 18 2007, 12:55)

I'm thinking about a Baby Eagle... Maybe with a slightly longer barrel?

user posted image

What are your thoughts?

Well, as i see it.. The baby eagle is to short.. And if they are going to put a Eagle in the game, i think it will be the full-size one wink.gif

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:20 PM Edited by Japp, 18 July 2007 - 08:24 PM.

I think, it is most likely a Desert eagle

user posted image

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:21 PM Edited by Japp, 18 July 2007 - 08:25 PM.

Sry, for all the posts.. Ill start using the edit button... Still kinda new to this forum ... Sorry

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

Japp don't quad post just use the edit button

cioccoloto
  • cioccoloto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

x'cuse me, did someone say spas 12 n sawed off were chambered in 5.56mm dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (cioccoloto @ Jul 19 2007, 12:38)
x'cuse me, did someone say spas 12 n sawed off were chambered in 5.56mm dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif

ooops... Copy paste error.. Ill change it at once

Land Of Confusion
  • Land Of Confusion

Semper Recolitus

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

Lol....A shotgun chambered for assault rifle rounds...

But, anyway...

I'm thinking the gun has to be some varient of the DE

it just might be the 50. AE which was my favorite version of the gun, even if it has sh*tty accuracy, and is (I Believe) twice the cost of a GK17, plus the expensive ammunition.

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Land Of Confusion @ Jul 19 2007, 15:02)
Lol....A shotgun chambered for assault rifle rounds...

But, anyway...

I'm thinking the gun has to be some varient of the DE

it just might be the 50. AE which was my favorite version of the gun, even if it has sh*tty accuracy, and is (I Believe) twice the cost of a GK17, plus the expensive ammunition.

Jep.. also my guess.. Ive added a Desert Eagle lookalike to the weapons list. Still not 100% convinced, but it is also my best guess.

But the way: Do not try fireing 5.56mm rounds with a shotgun tounge2.gif

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

The HK is not a hoplophobised MP5, it's a 7.62 rifle. The grip is too long to be an MP5 grip and the ejection port for the brass is much larger than on the MP5. It's a G3 lookalike of some sort, probably a HK91 since those are more common in the US but you wouldn't tell the difference in-game anyway..

The Desert Eagle is a dead giveaway, if the characteristic shape of the muzzle isn't enough, compare the large safety on the slide with pictures of the DE, and the shape of the trigger guard which is also pretty easy to recognize.

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:57 PM Edited by Japp, 19 July 2007 - 04:01 PM.

QUOTE (jllr @ Jul 19 2007, 15:38)
The HK is not a hoplophobised MP5, it's a 7.62 rifle. The grip is too long to be an MP5 grip and the ejection port for the brass is much larger than on the MP5. It's a G3 lookalike of some sort, probably a HK91 since those are more common in the US but you wouldn't tell the difference in-game anyway..

The Desert Eagle is a dead giveaway, if the characteristic shape of the muzzle isn't enough, compare the large safety on the slide with pictures of the DE, and the shape of the trigger guard which is also pretty easy to recognize.

OMG i have actually had a G3A3 for 2 years and i dident see this.. But you are absolutely right.. It is the Sniper verison of the G3 called H&K G3SG-1.. Its so obvius now suicidal.gif ...

About the DE, im not so sure its a dead give away.. Whats your oppinion on the barrel tip issue?

IVE GOTTA LET YOU ALL KNOW, THAT IM AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE FEED BACK IM GETTING... THANKS ALL

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:13 PM Edited by jllr, 19 July 2007 - 04:16 PM.

QUOTE (Japp @ Jul 19 2007, 16:57)

OMG i have actually had a G3A3 for 2 years and i dident see this.. But you are absolutely right.. It is the Sniper verison of the G3 called H&K G3SG-1.. Its so obvius now suicidal.gif ...

About the DE, im not so sure its a dead give away.. Whats your oppinion on the barrel tip issue?

IVE GOTTA LET YOU ALL KNOW, THAT IM AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE FEED BACK IM GETTING... THANKS ALL

My opinion is that not only is that muzzle shape nearly unique in gun design, the safety switch also has a distinct shape which can be recognized in that picture, and the trigger guard has a distinct shape which is not rounded nor square but bulges slightly inwards. The only thing that is not 'desert eagle' about that gun is the barrel which is extended slightly out of the slide which no production desert eagle has ever had - any barrel extension has been a part of the slide

user posted image

like that. My take on that is a fault on the artists' part.

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (jllr @ Jul 19 2007, 16:13)
QUOTE (Japp @ Jul 19 2007, 16:57)

My opinion is that not only is that muzzle shape nearly unique in gun design, the safety switch also has a distinct shape which can be recognized in that picture, and the trigger guard has a distinct shape which is not rounded nor square but bulges slightly inwards. The only thing that is not 'desert eagle' about that gun is the barrel which is extended slightly out of the slide which no production desert eagle has ever had - any barrel extension has been a part of the slide

user posted image

like that. My take on that is a fault on the artists' part.

I agree then.. Must be a mistake from the artist, but a pretty big one considering how well he got the shape right confused.gif
But i think i will keep the word lookalike, since it dosent look 100% like the real one.. Thanks alot for the help.. cookie.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Maybe the sniper rifle is an MSG90 A1? Kinda hard to tell since there's been like a brazillionty variations of the G3 over the years. mercie_blink.gif

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:13 PM Edited by Japp, 19 July 2007 - 07:32 PM.

QUOTE (illspirit @ Jul 19 2007, 17:59)
Maybe the sniper rifle is an MSG90 A1? Kinda hard to tell since there's been like a brazillionty variations of the G3 over the years. mercie_blink.gif

Well, even though i was wrong with the first one, i know my G3 pretty well. And im 99% sure that it is the G3SG-1.. wouldent explain the lack of a clip in the art though..

user posted image

But, glad you are, back.. Always nice to talk weapons with other enthusiats tounge.gif

Deaneclayton
  • Deaneclayton

bad motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

user posted image

Hi! take a closer look at this gun featured in the artwork on mr Jacob. It may be a failed attempt to resemble a glock, but in my opinion it's closer to a H&K USP or a Steyr GB or M/S series type of gun. But then again, this may all be because of the shadowings in the pic..

One more thing: do you guys think it will be P99s and G19s in the game? i also want the HK 416 and MP7..

Japp
  • Japp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:28 PM Edited by Japp, 19 July 2007 - 06:37 PM.

QUOTE (Deaneclayton @ Jul 19 2007, 18:16)

Hi! take a closer look at this gun featured in the artwork on mr Jacob. It may be a failed attempt to resemble a glock, but in my opinion it's closer to a H&K USP or a Steyr GB or M/S series type of gun. But then again, this may all be because of the shadowings in the pic..

One more thing: do you guys think it will be P99s and G19s in the game? i also want the HK 416 and MP7..

Hi,

Yes, ive been looking at that picture to. Bu i think it is to hard to tell.. Looks like an atept to make a Glock17..
user posted image
The arts arent really that good with detail, just look at the G3SG-1 and the Desert eagle..

That by the way alot of weapons you wish for there, personaly i think you can never get too many different weapons in a game... If anyone remembers Rainbow six with the NATO weapon package, that was f***ing awsome...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users