Quantcast

» «
Photo

E3 2007

135 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's Press Conference are you looking forward to the most? (119 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's Press Conference are you looking forward to the most?

1. Microsoft (60 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Nintendo (8 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

3. Sony (46 votes [40.35%])

Percentage of vote: 40.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Jul 12 2007, 20:50)
QUOTE (original gangster @ Jul 11 2007, 15:09)
QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Jul 11 2007, 23:20)
QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Jul 11 2007, 15:25)
I'd love to see remakes of the old titles. I'm talking like original Metal Gear on PS4 and Xbox 720. biggrin.gif

[color=orange]Already been done before:

[IMG]http://img463.images...7/ttsboxiu8.jpg[IMG]

Think he meant the older Metal Gear games that came out on the MSX2/NES consoles.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Imagine the hand-to-hand fight with Grey Fox in the middle of a minefield with the power of next-gen graphics. inlove.gif

I still Little Big Planet could've been touched down on more, that game is gonna be fu*kin' sweet imo.

Next gen-remakes of older MG titles! That would be cool. No wait awesome.

For the next-gen Grey-Fox minefield battle

Maybe it will be outdoors on a mine field. Not a small room. No bigger then ones beedroom. With mines around the edge of the room. turn.gif

Striker*
  • Striker*

Red eye mind tricks and homogenized silk

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (6ixThousand @ Jul 12 2007, 17:37)
I was watching G4 and they had "Live" coverage of E3. A lot of people saying this year's E3 sucked compared to the previous years. People are revealing less and less. Last year there were tons of people lining up to play something. This year it's just the complete opposite.

Yeah, I was watching too. It's like that because they don't let regular people in anymore. It's like a media only thing. I heard the guest list got sized down from 60,000 to 3,000. Even though I am a part of the consumers, I think it's better like that because there were too many fans dressed up in silly costumes acting stupid. Save that for Comic Con. It's better to have just the industry and media get enough time with the games since they know what they're talking about.

6ixThousand
  • 6ixThousand

Taste it again, I like it. What's that sh*t?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:41 PM Edited by 6ixThousand, 13 July 2007 - 05:51 PM.

QUOTE (Striker* @ Jul 13 2007, 15:02)
QUOTE (6ixThousand @ Jul 12 2007, 17:37)
I was watching G4 and they had "Live" coverage of E3. A lot of people saying this year's E3 sucked compared to the previous years. People are revealing less and less. Last year there were tons of people lining up to play something. This year it's just the complete opposite.

Yeah, I was watching too. It's like that because they don't let regular people in anymore. It's like a media only thing. I heard the guest list got sized down from 60,000 to 3,000. Even though I am a part of the consumers, I think it's better like that because there were too many fans dressed up in silly costumes acting stupid. Save that for Comic Con. It's better to have just the industry and media get enough time with the games since they know what they're talking about.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense and the idiots in the costumes give video gamers a bad name.

At the same time I always pictured E3 as a utopia for gamers.

Lycanthrope
  • Lycanthrope

WRONG BITCH, I'M SICK OF YOU

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ Jul 9 2007, 14:29)
E3 2007 is just around the corner, so the thread MUST be 2 steps ahead. After each conference, I'm going to have the poll edited to allow voting for specific games that were shown in the said conference.

The News

SonyMicrosoftNintendo
    -

[Note: All News that is/will be posted is only on Major Console Updates. Discuss Games in the thread]

So there wasn't any news from Nintendo at all? Lawl.

eyeswideshut
  • eyeswideshut

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

Nintendo is slacking at E3? Wowzers. I love the PS3 price change, now I just have to wait for 1 more price drop and then I can buy one.

Im also happy they shortened the list. No need for fools running around dressed like Master Chief and ruining other peoples time there. Good job E3 icon14.gif

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

Okay, so Hirai says the 60GB PS3 is out of production, making only one SKU @ the $600 price tag, again.

Seems really dumb to lower the price and stop production in the same week.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ Jul 14 2007, 11:17)
Okay, so Hirai says the 60GB PS3 is out of production, making only one SKU @ the $600 price tag, again.

think of the good press though

now:
headline: 100 dollar ps3 price drop on 60gb ps3
page 2: new 80gb model at 600 dollars
page 8: 60gb model discontinued

november:
headline: ANOTHER 100 dollar ps3 price, drop, 80 gb now 500 dllars
page 2: new 100gb model at 600 dollars
page 8: 80gb model discontinued

they can play leapfrog with a bi-yearly 100 dollar price drop/model discontinuation. get good press with each price drop, and not actually have to lower the price. its brilliant

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:43 PM

Article link:
http://www.itwire.co...iew/13508/1092/

This claim was later refuted by Sony as an incorrect ; "Those quotes from David Reeves are not accurate. He said that if they had lowered the price in Europe, that territory would have run out of their current inventory by the end of July... As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at US$599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for US$499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

According to that, they have enough units for a couple of months....unless people start buying PS3's like crazy.

Lycanthrope
  • Lycanthrope

WRONG BITCH, I'M SICK OF YOU

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:27 AM

That's bullsh*t. There's no need to discontinue the 60gb.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 14 2007, 09:33)
QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ Jul 14 2007, 11:17)

think of the good press though

now:
headline: 100 dollar ps3 price drop on 60gb ps3
page 2: new 80gb model at 600 dollars
page 8: 60gb model discontinued

november:
headline: ANOTHER 100 dollar ps3 price, drop, 80 gb now 500 dllars
page 2: new 100gb model at 600 dollars
page 8: 80gb model discontinued

they can play leapfrog with a bi-yearly 100 dollar price drop/model discontinuation. get good press with each price drop, and not actually have to lower the price. its brilliant

where my burgar?!

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

I feel really sorry for those who bought 20 GB.Now i dont even know what to buy because Sony is going to launch basicly every day a new version with more memo on Hard-drive and i dont want to buy something that will get old in 5 months!!

~Neon~
  • ~Neon~

Hmmm...

• Members

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Jul 16 2007, 07:50)
I feel really sorry for those who bought 20 GB.Now i dont even know what to buy because Sony is going to launch basicly every day a new version with more memo on Hard-drive and i dont want to buy something that will get old in 5 months!!

A lot of people seem to forget that the PS3 doesn't use a custom over priced HDD. It uses normal laptop HDDs. Even if you have the 20GB, it's still future proof as you can install any laptop HDD as and when you want. My opinion would be to buy the lower priced 60GB one now, then, if you really need the space, upgrade the HDD. Also, if you don't want to spend money on the more expensive laptop HDDs, I believe there is a thrid party product available to install the cheaper, larger (3.5") HDDs externally.

Uno Carb
  • Uno Carb

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

I know this is a post-E3, err... post, but I wanted to give my thoughts on what I heard:

Well, firstly and on the front of all consoles, I'm f*cking stoked for this holiday season. icon14.gif

On the Xbox 360 side of things, I'm definitely looking forward to...

- GTAIV (durr)
- Assassin's Creed
- John Woo presents Stranglehold
- Army of Two
- Halo 3
- BioShock
- Unreal Tournament III
- The Orange Box [deal, anybody?]
- Resident Evil 5
- Devil May Cry 4
- Medal of Honor: Airborne [the ONLY WWII-themed shooter that looks promising]
- Skate
- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Man
- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
- Left 4 Dead [this game looks incredible]
- Virtua Fighter 5
- Condemned 2: Bloodshot [impulse add]
- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare [thank f*ckin' god]

As for the PlayStation 3...

- Killzone 2 icon14.gif icon14.gif
- Time Crisis 4 [GunCon reborn, anyone?] icon14.gif
- The Agency

After the Killzone 2 footage, I highly think it will be the reason I get a PlayStation 3. Speaking on this, I hate the 60GB phase out, to be honest. They drop the price and stop production, so essentially, it's not much of a deal. I'm not a huge download goon, so this sh*t just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Besides, I'm not anywhere close to using all 20GB space on my 360, nor do I have an intent to. What Sony should do is make ONE model of a PlayStation 3 (as well as selectable colors, I want a f*cking silver Ps3 goddammit) and have a removable hard drive that you purchase when you buy your console. So it's like, you get a PlayStation 3 and decide if you want a 30, 60 or 80GB hard drive. Wait, does the Ps3 even HAVE a removable hard drive? Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever heard them mention removable storage. confused.gif

But anyway, most of those games above I had to refer back to GameSpot's E3 game list as I forgot alot of them between now and last week, haha.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, it's a removable HDD, Uno. You can replace it with any laptop Hard Drive I hear.

~Neon~
  • ~Neon~

Hmmm...

• Members

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Uno Carb @ Jul 16 2007, 18:18)
Wait, does the Ps3 even HAVE a removable hard drive? Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever heard them mention removable storage. confused.gif

Pfft, read my post. The one right above yours.

Yes. It has a removable HDD. You simply flick off a little plastic cover and take out one(?) screw. Thats it. And it don't f*ck up your warranty. And to add to your point about removable storage, the thing has three(!) card readers. In terms of removable storage, the PS3 is much better equipped than the 360.

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (~Neon~ @ Jul 16 2007, 13:28)
QUOTE (AndySerb @ Jul 16 2007, 07:50)

A lot of people seem to forget that the PS3 doesn't use a custom over priced HDD. It uses normal laptop HDDs. Even if you have the 20GB, it's still future proof as you can install any laptop HDD as and when you want. My opinion would be to buy the lower priced 60GB one now, then, if you really need the space, upgrade the HDD. Also, if you don't want to spend money on the more expensive laptop HDDs, I believe there is a thrid party product available to install the cheaper, larger (3.5") HDDs externally.

Sony definitely needs to advertise that more. It's in the manual, I understand, but they need to talk about it more and wouldn't that third party product be outside the PS3? I don't think it would look that good unless you really need a 500GB hard drive or something.

I am going to upgrade my PS3's HDD. I definitely put a lot of stuff on it so I need to upgrade it. Just looking for a good deal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users