Quantcast

» «
Photo

E3 2007

135 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's Press Conference are you looking forward to the most? (119 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's Press Conference are you looking forward to the most?

1. Microsoft (60 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Nintendo (8 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

3. Sony (46 votes [40.35%])

Percentage of vote: 40.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Hayden Stasven
  • Hayden Stasven

Bill Watterson's Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Jul 10 2007, 22:37)
It probably isnt going to happen, But id like to see if Sony come up with anything to challenge MS on the episode downloads for GTA4.
This will be the first joint release, and already Xbox users will get so much more than Sony users, 50million MS paid for the content, thats pocket change to both companies. Maybe its just me, but Sony must have something going for them regarding extra's for GTA.
So I voted Sony! smile.gif

Maybe they will say it was an April fools joke and tell everyone that they were never going to have downloadable content in the first place. dontgetit.gif

Hey, I can dream, can't I? colgate.gif

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (bbc)
Two video games developed with director Steven Spielberg are to be shown off at the E3 conference in Los Angeles.

The first, codenamed LMNO, is a contemporary action adventure, said Neil Young, general manager of EA's Los Angeles studio. In LMNO, being designed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the player partners with a female character who evolves over time depending on how she interacts with other characters in the game.

The second, with the codename PQRS, is a puzzle game designed for Nintendo's Wii console.

No details about the third game Spielberg is working on were released.

The LMNO sounds pretty good, cant see any reason why speilberg would be involved in a puzzle game though

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

*Gasp* Another MGS4 coming to 360 rumor! wow.gif

sarcasm.gif

I'll believe when I see it. Too many times we've been led on to believe that's in been in-development for the 360, yet been proven false.

And with $500 USD, you can't really buy anything too noteworthy of a machine, maybe a nice tower I suppose.

~Neon~
  • ~Neon~

Hmmm...

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

Yay, E3 time!

It's a shame that all of the glamor has gone from E3 now, will be interesting to see if it's as entertaining as past E3's.

GameSpot always provide excellent coverage of the show, with plenty of live demos etc. Will be glued to their site all week. I also have access to IGN Insider for high res streaming of the conferences as well as plenty of HD content. Time to free up some space on my ever cramped HDD's.

Personally I'm more interested in Sony this year; purely due to the fact that the lack of games available has left me with quite a large appetite for more.

I'm obviously looking forward to all the highly anticipated stuff like others, though there are a few lesser anticipated titles that come to mind that I hope to see more off. Fatal Inertia being one of them. Looks very promising with it's physics based combat system. Interstellar Marines (Project IM). Will we learn any more of this game after the fantastic trailers that were released last year? And what about L.A. Noir? Another amazing game we know so little about.

It's a shame about the Microsoft Press Conf. not starting until around 4-5 AM over here, will have to download it in the morning.

Just to add - I have just came across this trailer! for Fatal Inertia (Video quality sucks though). Looks like there will be plenty of information about it over the next few days.

Peoples thoughts on Fatal Inertia?

Made
  • Made

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:01 PM

Assassin's Creed IGN Preview

This game sounds so bad ass, looks like I'm going to pick up this game as well this year. Can't wait to see the video of the demo.

As for other games, I'm looking for some more info on GTA IV, Halo 3 (campaign) and Fable 2.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Jul 10 2007, 16:51)
*Gasp* Another MGS4 coming to 360 rumor! wow.gif

No ones saying it's coming to the 360, what I AM saying is that this shows uncertainty on Konamis part over the PS3 having MGS4 only.

Anyways, check it out:

user posted image

they're probably joking though turn.gif

It's a shame that all of the glamor has gone from E3 now, will be interesting to see if it's as entertaining as past E3's.

well for us, the public, it isn't much of a change either way. We're still gonna see the same as last time. Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony showing off their games, hardware, plans, etc. It's for the actual people going that it will cause a change.

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:45 AM Edited by sainraja, 11 July 2007 - 01:50 AM.

I want to see Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and I want to learn more about Home.......so my vote goes to the PS3.

MGS4 to 360? Hmm....didn't Kojima say the game needs more space than 25GB? Was he lying? I thought he was waiting for the 50GB disc.......anyway, let's see what happens. I hope it says exclusive so PS3 has some exclusives that people can look forward to. I don't want to see one company take it all.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:32 AM

Simon hopes for a new Zelda Wii announcement colgate.gif .

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:02 AM

•NEWS UPDATES! Check front page for links!

•HALF HOUR 'TILL MS PRESS CONFERENCE!

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:10 AM

I know I'll be tuning in. 20 minutes left. icon14.gif

Hope they give some news on GTAIV episodic content, and more stuff on other future games I wait for.

And I wonder what tattoo Peter Moore will have. tounge.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:35 AM Edited by gamerzworld, 11 July 2007 - 03:43 AM.

IT'S STARTED! They have some Halo fans performing the theme song. They sound pretty good! icon14.gif

EDIT: Now Peter Moore is playing Rock Band

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:42 AM Edited by E.A.B., 11 July 2007 - 03:56 AM.

DUMBASS YOU'RE NOT REALLY PLAYING A GUITAR STOP SINGING

AND STOP HITTING PAUSE

3rd and final edit-Did I just see mario party 500? Also, Halo GTA and.....Roster update '07 Madden , best games evar.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:12 AM Edited by gamerzworld, 11 July 2007 - 04:25 AM.

Canada and Europe are getting Video Marketplace by the end of the year. Also all the Disney movie studios are going to have some movies on Video Marketplace.

EDIT: GEARS OF WAR FOR WINDOWS XP AND VISTA! Thank god it isn't Vista exclusive!

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:28 AM Edited by TheDude5000, 11 July 2007 - 04:39 AM.

We know about Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, and all the other titles that make 360 superior. But for me, I'm just hoping we get some more info on the new Banjo game. It's been seven years since a new Banjo game has been released on consoles. I freaked out during last year's e3 when we finally got a Banjo teaser from Rare, and I hope they show us more this year.

EDIT: Nevermind. How about that? Call Of Duty 4 MP Beta? Sounds good to me. IW did a phenomenal job with the mp in COD 2, and I think I'll sign up for this BETA. Also, kinda wish they'd show new footage of GTA IV but it's a great trailer anyway.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:41 AM

GTA4 news: Zip, nada. mad.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:42 AM

They just showed the GTAIV second trailer. Peter said both the first trailer and the second trailer was real time footage of the 360 version. He talked a little bit about the exclusive content saying it will be hours of new content exclusive to the Xbox 360.

Nevermind. How about that? Call Of Duty 4 MP Beta? Sounds good to me. IW did a phenomenal job with the mp in COD 2, and I think I'll sign up for this BETA. Also, kinda wish they'd show new footage of GTA IV but it's a great trailer anyway.

I'm trying the site right now but I'm getting a too meany connections error.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:44 AM

Ha for a moment there I thought he was talking about MGS 4 before they showed the RE trailer. And sadly no new GTA IV info, but hey things will pick up in a month or so when we get closer to launch.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:50 AM

Holy f*cking sh*t. Assassins Creed looks even more awesome. I have no more pants to wear because of all that f*cking jizz.

Maleficus
  • Maleficus

Propaganda Inc.

• The Connection

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:50 AM

Assassin's Creed info was good. Pretty sweet gameplay demo.

TEoS
  • TEoS

WE'RE BEING ATTAAAAAACKED!

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:59 AM

Wow that Halo 3 trailer sucked. A lot.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:00 AM

Kick-ass Halo 3 trailer, overall pretty good conference IMO.

Anyone else submit tracks to the official Rock Band website btw?

Link(only if ya promise to submit one of these 4 tounge.gif Soundgarden - Rusty Cage, Pearl Jam - Alive, Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss, Megadeth - Peace Sells).

http://xbox360.ign.c...4/794736p1.html

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Jul 11 2007, 05:59)
Wow that Halo 3 trailer sucked. A lot.

Agreed.

Wasn't too impressed with their conference. Thought they could have shown a tech demo of Alan Wake, new Halo RTS and perhaps a bit more detail about the IV DLC. Other than that though, not much they could have really done better.

Oh and lawl@ the cold reception to the Halo 3 branded console and the CoD4 innuendo.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:07 AM

Well gat damn. That was pretty f*cking slick. Cant wait for the Ubisoft presentation of Assassins Creed. That sh*ts gonna be sick.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:07 AM Edited by E.A.B., 11 July 2007 - 05:10 AM.

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Jul 10 2007, 23:12)
EDIT: GEARS OF WAR FOR WINDOWS XP AND VISTA! Thank god it isn't Vista exclusive!

Well, looks like I'll be buying GoW for the very first time this holiday season.

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Jul 11 2007, 00:00)
overall pretty good conference IMO.

I found it kinda boring. No jaw dropping statements or anything. Just "We got more stuff guyz!"

some of the trailers were nice, though. I found it strange that they didn't mention their failure rate and their new 3 year warranty, afterall, it is good news.

Overall, I'd say it was alright as far as conferences go. But it was lacking in rock montages.

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ Jul 10 2007, 23:41)
GTA4 news: Zip, nada.  mad.gif

My internet died on me at that point, before the trailer was over. So I missed the last 15 or so minutes sad.gif .

topdogkiller
  • topdogkiller

The Unseen

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

halo 3 news was a little upsetting, but it seems alright. What was up eith that holiwood tribute. Taht was pretty gay. But damn that RE trailer. Total kickass. I got a ps3, and sort of been a little bit meh right now. I hope they can shw some real great sh*t tomorrow.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

That Assasin's Creed demo was great.
The girl speaking about the gameplay was a little annoying. She made the weirdest noise after he killed a guy and (I think) his body glitched in mid-air.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:44 AM Edited by gamerzworld, 11 July 2007 - 06:12 AM.

If you missed the Halo 3 trailer,

Halo 3 Trailer 3 HD WMV

And the CoD 4 Trailer....

CoD4 Trailer 2 WMV HD

Bauer
  • Bauer

Pisskidney

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:37 AM Edited by Bauer, 11 July 2007 - 08:01 AM.

bwaaahhhhh I'm downloading so many videos off Xbox Live right now. There's two Halo vids, a Mass Effect and Too Human trailer, and a Viva Pinata trailer that I know is showcasing new pinatas and stuff omfg!!!!!!1

Also, a Blue Dragon demo! um, yay!

Also also, did you guys hear about GTA IV multiplayer? Here's a super link! Kotaku!

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:12 AM Edited by AndySerb, 11 July 2007 - 09:14 AM.

-@ topic starter it would be nice to post previewss pics and videos of coolest games in first post like i wanted to do with my topic.Much easier for people who hate to look on the net for a specific game.
Oh and when is anuj_cop.gif rahkstar2.gif press conference??

-it seems manhunt 2 will be released link

-I also wonder how is that Mirrors edge game going to look like

-Spore is the game i'm also looking forward to because it is really something new in gaming and i think it will be a good one.

-Assasins Creed is an amazing game.You must download the demo version IGN saw!! LINK

-new trailer for PGR 4 for xbox 360 is also pretty cool, to me Video

-Halo 3 trailer is also nice,too bad i'm not getting that game sad.gif

-Resident evil 5 trailer also looks cool now.you can download it from HERE

-Killzone 2 is insane so that will be my cure for not having Halo 3.IGN made a q/a so take a look at it.
linky,also you can see more images from in-gameHERE

That would be my summary of DAY 1 of E3 2007 it is solid,not too hyped like last years but absolutly enough for all ours needs

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

I just realized Nintendos conference is at 12 in the afternoon.

I will NOT get only 6 hours of sleep just to see some video games, so will miss out on it. Will probably miss out on Sonys too sad.gif .

I'd rather watch it LIVE!

ah well, I'll get the run down later on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users