Quantcast

» «
Photo

E3 2007

135 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's Press Conference are you looking forward to the most? (119 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's Press Conference are you looking forward to the most?

1. Microsoft (60 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Nintendo (8 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

3. Sony (46 votes [40.35%])

Percentage of vote: 40.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:29 AM Edited by Jonny Tightlips, 11 July 2007 - 02:59 AM.

E3 2007 is just around the corner, so the thread MUST be 2 steps ahead. After each conference, I'm going to have the poll edited to allow voting for specific games that were shown in the said conference.

The News

SonyMicrosoftNintendo
    -

[Note: All News that is/will be posted is only on Major Console Updates. Discuss Games in the thread]

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:38 AM

I'm looking most forward to Microsoft's in the hopes that they'll show Alan Wake.

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:46 AM

Sony, since I have PS3.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:53 AM

My heroes, sony

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:54 AM

Just so you guys know, you dont JUST have to vote. Discuss anything related to E3. Just saying since it seems like this is turning into a vote&respond thread.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:02 AM

Sony, being that they're in last place right now and a couple major announcements are expected. Killzone is also one of the highlights, even if it is behind closed doors. MS places a close second, though.

I wonder how all the media outlets are going to be covering it this year, considering it's been sized-down pretty good. I would keep the tube on G4 and watch their coverage, but the network's went to hell over the past couple of years, hardly anything videogame-related left on there.

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:15 AM

Where is E3 this year anyway?

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Torcidas @ Jul 9 2007, 06:15)
Where is E3 this year anyway?

CA like it's always been....

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:18 AM

There was loads of rumours of a leaked report on what MS was going to do at E3 - i cant remember what it said but i know it sounded exciting so my vote went to them.
All in all i'm hoping for some GTA4 news mainly. Some brand new games would be interesting too smile.gif

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

I am curious with what sony has to offer this time round...

having held off store updates for E3 seems like saving candy for Halloween night~

things I look forward from sony:

- games line-up
- home
- price cuts
- rumble sixaxis
- new psp offering

thyzza
  • thyzza

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

To be honest, this year I have little interest in any. Infact, a more truthful statement would be: I have equal lack of interest in all three.

Nintendo if I had to choose.

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

I wanna see a Preview of "Bon Voyage" for the sims 2.

That and Something good about PS3.

Hayden Stasven
  • Hayden Stasven

Bill Watterson's Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:20 PM

IGN had a poll like this, and when I voted Sony was leading by a while. I for one am interested in Sony, some might say that's because I like eggs, but I like to think that I vote Sony because I own a PS3 & PSP.

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

sony because they announced they will make ps3 cheaper smile.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (NZ Herald: What they think might appear)
1. Price drops for consoles
2. A handheld Xbox machine
3. The debut of PlayStation Home and a public beta announcement
4. A re-designed PSP
5. The Wii gets a hard drive

Interesting, I'm most interested in 2+4...Hopefully they will come true smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

Sony.After the announcment of 80 GG version and the bad sales i'm very interested in what do they have to show.Then Microsoft and lastly Nintendo...
Wonder if they'll anounce eyetoy for ps3 or PSP2 so we can see GTASAS

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

I'm really curious to see what Killzone PS3 looks like. I still occasionally play the original Killzone's campaign, and I'm really wondering what Guerrilla Games is capable of producing on a next-gen console.

I think it'll live up to my expectations, so I'm looking forward to it. smile.gif

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:15 PM Edited by original gangster, 09 July 2007 - 06:04 PM.

I'm most looking forward to Microsoft's, however it will be interesting to see what Sony have planned. Nintendo's should be good if they have some new stuff on the big titles: Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid etc.

Also, for the past month or so I've been playing a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and the devs have said they've got some new news planned for E3 so I'm looking forward to that - I'm betting it's about an expansion pack/sequel. Which is great because this game has SO much potential. It's a shame that so much was cut out of the final game and it's looks like they're trying to bring it all back to make the game what they envisioned it to be.

edit-- New MGS4 trailer, with english voice acting. wow.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:43 PM Edited by Seddo, 09 July 2007 - 05:45 PM.

As i'm a 360 owner i'd probably look forward more to Microsoft's press conference more, but it's always nice to see what the other consoles have to offer.

As there have been a few 360 release day titles that have still not yet come out, i'd like to see how far they have gone with the developing of the games and then giving the release dates.

Maybe a bit of new information about the GTA 4 episodic content. wow.gif

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:11 PM Edited by deathdealer, 09 July 2007 - 07:13 PM.

i'm intrested in sony's coverage. i want to know more about these 380 that are coming out next year, let's see if they made a sound prediction.

before anyone asks:

http://www.cheatcc.c...x?PostID=373950

i'm also intrested to learn about the new killzone game.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

UPDATE: Analysts expect 360 price drop!

Here.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (original gangster @ Jul 9 2007, 09:15)
edit-- New MGS4 trailer, with english voice acting. wow.gif

wow.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if MS dropped the price, didn't they do the same with the original Xbox after a price drop on the PS2?

Nintendo's is always great since they're showing some old-school crowd favorites that always gets excitement, but the new Smash Bros. (w/Solid Snake) is going to be something to watch for imo.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Jul 9 2007, 13:11)
i'm intrested in sony's coverage. i want to know more about these 380 that are coming out next year, let's see if they made a sound prediction.

they later clarified the 380 games is worldwide. NA will see about 140.

i want to see what all three have to offer. see what sony is going to pull out of their hat, see what microsoft has for 08, see what mini-game collections are coming to the wii.

oh, and i NEEEEEEED more PGR 4 info, hopefully a september release date, and a demo on xbl during E3. that game looks like pure sex wrapped in bacon

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hopefully a new lineup of classics from MS would be good, theres a couple of old games i'm slightly interested in but the price tag is off putting, a classic version would be good

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:30 AM

I'm looking forward to Sony's

I want to see just what they have to say about the PS3. I also want to see how they'll try and put a positive spin on all of this. I also hope for more giant enemy crabs.

I really don't care for Microsofts. Just more shooters, and more minigames from Nintendo.

But if I had to vote based on the games they will be showing, I'd say Nintendon't, for Smash.

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:48 AM

Well, to elaborate further:

Microsoft comes in first for two big reasons. Number one: Alan Wake. I'm actually awaiting Alan Wake more than I am Halo 3, which is a GIGANTIC deal coming from me. Alan Wake looks like its seriously going to shake up the industry and looks to put Remedy, which did Max Payne, above "just another shooter developer" status. Showcasing absolutely revolutionary technology, and, from the sounds of things, absolutely revolutionary gameplay that has to do with using actual light as your defense. Hopefully we'll see some gameplay, and possibly a release date.

Second, everything else coming from Microsoft: Too Human, Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, GTA4, XBLA games, I could go on and on.

Second is Sony, simply because I want to hear what they have to say about their performance on moving consoles, and how they're going to put their spin all over it. Also, they will probably show off Killzone and MGS4. As far as I'm concerned, MGS4 is the only thing Sony still has going for it, and it will be interesting to see if they'll give new info on it. But I'm not gonna hold my breath. Chances are, we'll see a new 5-10 minute trailer, perhaps in a new location, with Japanese voice acting, that ends with a startling cliff-hanger to get all the fans excited again.

Nintendo comes in last simply because they will undoubtedly be showing a bunch of games I respect, but nothing I would really want to run out and buy a Wii for. Sorry, but the 900th installment of Super Mario, and Metroid don't get me all giddy like it used to. And the last thing I need is a collection of mini-games when I can pop in World of Warcraft and play something really deep and complex for 12 hours.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:54 AM

On that, I'd like to say Nintendo. They got the people to buy the Wii. Now I want to see what they will do to get people to buy games.

Hayden Stasven
  • Hayden Stasven

Bill Watterson's Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:19 AM Edited by Hayden Stasven, 10 July 2007 - 06:22 AM.

QUOTE (AlianAnt @ Jul 10 2007, 15:48)
Well, to elaborate further:

Microsoft comes in first for two big reasons. Number one: Alan Wake. I'm actually awaiting Alan Wake more than I am Halo 3, which is a GIGANTIC deal coming from me. Alan Wake looks like its seriously going to shake up the industry and looks to put Remedy, which did Max Payne, above "just another shooter developer" status. Showcasing absolutely revolutionary technology, and, from the sounds of things, absolutely revolutionary gameplay that has to do with using actual light as your defense. Hopefully we'll see some gameplay, and possibly a release date.

Second, everything else coming from Microsoft: Too Human, Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, GTA4, XBLA games, I could go on and on.

Second is Sony, simply because I want to hear what they have to say about their performance on moving consoles, and how they're going to put their spin all over it. Also, they will probably show off Killzone and MGS4. As far as I'm concerned, MGS4 is the only thing Sony still has going for it, and it will be interesting to see if they'll give new info on it. But I'm not gonna hold my breath. Chances are, we'll see a new 5-10 minute trailer, perhaps in a new location, with Japanese voice acting, that ends with a startling cliff-hanger to get all the fans excited again.

Nintendo comes in last simply because they will undoubtedly be showing a bunch of games I respect, but nothing I would really want to run out and buy a Wii for. Sorry, but the 900th installment of Super Mario, and Metroid don't get me all giddy like it used to. And the last thing I need is a collection of mini-games when I can pop in World of Warcraft and play something really deep and complex for 12 hours.

Yeah Alan Wake is gonna be awesome, I signed up to an Alan Wake forum and made some fan art for it back in the day. Too bad it's now being developed by Micrososft Game Studios (name?), so it wont be coming the the PS3.

http://www.alanwake....&type=post&id=3
http://www.alanwake....&type=post&id=5

Edit: Linking the attachments didn't work.

user posted image
user posted image

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:00 AM

ruh roh

"I don't expect a substantial impact ... With $500, you can buy a personal computer."

"Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game. But we might have to take some steps,"

moto_whistle.gif

A sign of things to come? We'll have to wait and see. If they were to release it on the 360, I'd expect it to be released a year after or so.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

It probably isnt going to happen, But id like to see if Sony come up with anything to challenge MS on the episode downloads for GTA4.
This will be the first joint release, and already Xbox users will get so much more than Sony users, 50million MS paid for the content, thats pocket change to both companies. Maybe its just me, but Sony must have something going for them regarding extra's for GTA.
So I voted Sony! smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users