» «
Photo

GTA 3 "unhandled Exception" on vista

9 replies to this topic
Duckay
  • Duckay

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:33 AM Edited by Duckay, 08 July 2007 - 09:44 AM.

Well, i recently decided i was going to start from the first gta ever, so i did, all the way to gta 3, it launched fine, on its first start, it worked great!, did some mission did some riots, until, i exited it to go on Windows Live Messenger, after a hour or so on that, i decided to go back on gta 3, thats where it started to happen, now everytime i launch the game, nothing comes up, no sound, picture, i have press the M$ button to get back to desktop top, where a diolog box, says "unhandled exception c0000005 at address 00581aa4" and ive tried compatability mode, nothing, ive tried updating it but "Unknown version" appears whilst trying to update via patch 1.1, ive deleted my game save in my user file, but still nothing!

HELP!

EDIT:
No mods
1st install of gta on vista
512mb RAM
1.6 ghz intel familiy chipset (GFX integrated with that)

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

Read the pinned posting requirements.

PS: Unless you're experiencing the exact issue the patch addresses, don't apply it. Patches aren't the solution to every problem - rather, their use is very limited and often detrimental to your experience (especially for modding purposes).

lt.jones
  • lt.jones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

This sounds like a driver problem. Hundreds of GTA3 user get this problem when the upgrade their OS. Some people have reinstalled Windows, removed their mods, reinstalled gta, and it hasn't really worked for the majority of people. I think GTA won't run problem free on Windows Vista, becasue GTA was made in a era when Vista wasn't even thought of. Vista planning began in 2003, GTA 3 was made in 2002. I don't think the game won't run right.

But you say that it ran fine on your first play. dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif whatsthat.gif

I think Windows messager may have corrupted your GTA3 files, becasue it was still in WPM(Windows Physical Memory) and ram. Try reinstalling it. If that dosn't work, well, I don't know m8t. sarcasm.gif

suicidal.gif

emeryrulz
  • emeryrulz

#1 in the hood g

• Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, I just got this problem. I just reinstalled. And now it works.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (lt.jones @ Jul 8 2007, 08:37)
This sounds like a driver problem.

No it doesn't. Because he said it worked at first. But I agree with your later assessment that the game somehow got corrupted and a reinstall should do the trick.

I thought Vista was supposed to be better? Applications stealing focus doesn't corrupt GTA on any other OS sly.gif

lt.jones
  • lt.jones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

I imagine that the some application could do it, because its happened to me.

Duckay, try using this utility: EndItAll link: http://www.docsdownl...r1/enditall.htm

It closes all application running in the background except the ones needed for VIsta (Explorer, System, ect). Im not fimilliar With Vista, so I don't know how this will work on it. It DOES NOT SAY IT WILL RUN ON VISTA!!!!!!!!If you don't have your operating system on disk, don't use End it all. Use caution with End-It-ALl. If you don't use caution with End-It-ALl, this could happen to Vista: suicidal.gif

If you don't want to try end-it-all, just reinstall GTA3, and delete GTA directory:(C:/Program File/Rockstar Games/GTA3/) and delete you save games.

Vinnie
  • Vinnie

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

It closes all application running in the background except the ones needed for VIsta (Explorer, System, ect). Im not fimilliar With Vista, so I don't know how this will work on it. It DOES NOT SAY IT WILL RUN ON VISTA!!!!!!!!If you don't have your operating system on disk, don't use End it all. Use caution with End-It-ALl. If you don't use caution with End-It-ALl, this could happen to Vista: suicidal.gif

Well then you'll be liable if something goes wrong. Don't post things that may not work.

grahamdodds9
  • grahamdodds9

Texture modder and graphic modder

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:30 PM

Try reinstalling the game and reinstalling your drivers and try deleting the set file in my documents\gta3 user files.
I think it is supported on vista because i'm playing gta3, vice city and san andreas perfectly on my windows vista. Never had any problems with any of the gta's on vista.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

Run GTA3 in windows XP compatibility mode.

Right Click on "GTA3.exe" >> Properties >> Click on compatability tab >> Check the Compataility mode box >> apply

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:57 AM

You know you just bumped a 3 year old topic?-lol I think the Original poster has found a solution already...Please check the date of the last post before replying. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users