17 replies to this topic
chani
  • chani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:36 AM

[COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier][SIZE=7]

ok this may sound like i am writing a book but ok
well u go to the brigde that leads to star fish island but the gate is shut so u have got 2 get a car a moon beam is a prettie good 1 to use but u can use any any way there is a rail on each side of the road drive the car in to the one were the little gate is so u should be on the foot path now drive the car just so the frount of the car is on the metal rail and the back bit of the car is on the brick wall any way then get out of the car and jump on the car the get in the right persion and jump u will be on starfish island (unles of cource u miss and end up in the water lol) the out of the garden (there will be lots of gangsters there) so u will no were u are ) anyway go and get a car and drive to the other end of the island run in to the last wall on right hand side and then get out and jump on the car u will be in a yard any way a boat comes and smashes in 2 the wall u jump on it and wala

chani
  • chani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:38 AM

also if a boat dose not come run to the other end of the yard or get out of the yard a look and see if u can see a boat
ps hope i could help

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:12 AM

With size=7, I sure am glad you couldn't make the tags operate correctly. If you want your words to be read, use proper English and punctuation. And there's no need to double post.

There are MANY ways (and topics) to get across the water legitimately ahead of schedule. You should maybe add to them instead of creating a new thread.

chani
  • chani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:15 AM

oh ok i am new to these forums so thankes for the tip

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:02 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 07 July 2007 - 07:06 PM.

Boats always crash into the bridge that leads to Starfish Island from Little Havana because it was a mistake for R* to put those big boats onto the ocean near to the tiny, curved part of the bridge with the road on top. Even though boats may appear, they do not spawn close to you because you will still be behind the gate!

This is a false glitch. Only a screenshot or a video of it will make us to believe it... I'll add it though if it's true. smile.gif

Vinnie
  • Vinnie

Slackware Linux

• Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (chani @ Jul 7 2007, 06:15)
oh ok i am new to these forums so thankes for the tip

Read the rules. Or wait around before to see how things function before starting to post.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

Search being disabled forgives the duplicate topic mistake-- however I'm betting you didn't try.

Welcome to user posted image

blue blaze
  • blue blaze

Rokin' Blaze

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

Also go to the starfish island & go to Diaz's mansion & go at the backside and there's a boat parked there.Sit in it and woosh.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (blue blaze @ Jul 8 2007, 14:21)
Also go to the starfish island & go to Diaz's mansion & go at the backside and there's a boat parked there.Sit in it and woosh.

Liar, there are no parked boats earlier on in the game! You have to finish a couple missions first. Plus, Dem would have thought about that trick for his quick-start guide anyway if it was really true. moto_whistle.gif

blue blaze
  • blue blaze

Rokin' Blaze

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Sorry,I forgot to mention the thing of the missions

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:35 AM

Once you get to the W island, you can use the Coast Guard boat--it's there from the start of the game.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

i can get to the west island by going through the sea on a boat head to leaf links bridge and on the right of the brigde (i think also on left) there is a thing to go down so go down the thing and there will be a predator (police boat) over there tounge.gif

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:12 PM Edited by Heihachi_73, 21 December 2008 - 10:08 PM.

Once again, only when the other side is unlocked.

The way I go island hopping is by the Marina; get a car, push it into the water right next to the pier at the first gate (you have to knock out a tree). If the car floats high enough, you can jump up and grab the Reefer boat (probably the best one at the docks that early in the game). The Cheetah nearby will not float high enough, nor will the Banshees that tend to spawn in the carpark.

Starting a new game, I just did this second time around. I used the white Admiral from the start of the game, but it didn't make the distance so I had to find another car. In the carpark, I grabbed a Rancher (the closest vehicle around), knocked out the tree again (which respawns when out of sight), lined it up and pushed it from behind while running. It landed on the roof of the other car still in there (usually a bad thing), however the SUV stayed on its side rather than its roof so I was able to make the jump. I lost 5 health after jumping on the car. Note: Don't jump too far or Tommy will roll straight off the car and into the water.

user posted image

This is by far the best method of discovering the other side early. The quickest spot to 'dock' the boat is Vice Port, near the large blue container ship. Once you get out of the gate, there's an Uzi across the road next to a parked van.

Edit: Um, that was a year and a half old bump, hotwheels83...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Heihachi_73 @ Dec 21 2008, 16:12)
This is by far the best method of discovering the other side early. The quickest spot to 'dock' the boat is Vice Port, near the large blue container ship. Once you get out of the gate, there's an Uzi across the road next to a parked van.

There is no "best" way-- just different ways...

If there were a "best" way, it would definitely be the one I discovered back in Jan 03... tounge.gif

http://www.freewebs....725/barrier.wmv

P.S. I've already discussed the thread bumping with hotwheels

TruSake
  • TruSake

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

here's another trick on how to get to the 2nd island, ready?

play the game, and eventually the 2nd island will open up! YAY

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (TruSake @ Dec 25 2008, 14:26)
here's another trick on how to get to the 2nd island, ready?

play the game, and eventually the 2nd island will open up! YAY

Well thanks, Captain Obvious.

However, you do kind of approach it the way I do. I've never really bothered much with going to the other side early in VC, because the whole map does become accessible fairly early in the game compared to GTA3 or San Andreas. The only reason I really see for going over there before then is to get all the hidden packages for all the pickups at the hotel. Others may want to do it just because they can colgate.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

To access the 2nd island takes about 30 minuites of gameplay if your taking your time, you have to do about eleven or twelve fairly simple missions. Or as soon as you open the Diaz strand just do them, his missions are fairly easy.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:45 PM Edited by flicko, 11 March 2009 - 10:20 AM.

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 10 2009, 15:53)
To access the 2nd island takes about 30 minuites of gameplay if your taking your time, you have to do about eleven or twelve fairly simple missions. Or as soon as you open the Diaz strand just do them, his missions are fairly easy.

It's exactly nine-

Ken Rosenberg
"The Party"
"Back Alley Brawl"
"Jury Fury"
"Riot"
Colonel Juan Cortez
"Treacherous Swine"
"Mall Shootout"
"Guardian Angels"
Ricardo Diaz
"The Chase"
"Phnom Penh '86"

Also, as soon as you finish the mission Guardian Angels, drive straight to the gates leading up to starfish Island and you'll see the gates open as you as you exit the vehicle. Which, as most may now know, only takes seven missions to unlock.

For a full list of ways to access restricted areas before schedule, check out my guide; here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users