Quantcast

» «
Photo

Boxing Discussion

682 replies to this topic

Poll: Mayweather vs McGregor (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Mayweather (17 votes [77.27%])

Percentage of vote: 77.27%

2. McGregor (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote
El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

I've just seen this documentary Floyd put out recently. The dude is at his club more than he is training

c'mon you can't be that gullible...

this is the oldest trick in the Fight Promotion book.

pretend you're slacking off and not training. pretend the other guy has a better chance. pretend you hate each other's guts. pretend it's going to be a good fight.

this is all classic promotion tactics.

AKA bullsh/t.

• LL Cool L likes this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award, 2018 Trumptonshire Trilogy Award

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:13 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 26 August 2017 - 07:13 PM.

All I know is, this isn't a fight I would ever pay for....

If I thought this was going to be another 11 round classic like Joshua - Klitschko was, earlier this year, I wouldn't hesitate to slap the cash down for the fight.  But this is all about money, plain and simple.  While I'll enjoy it as a happy neutral, I think it'll all be over in 3 with Mayweather taking it.

I'd prefer McGregor to win, but I just don't think he will.

Either way, it's one fight the radio coverage will be worth listening to.

Jonesizzle
  • Jonesizzle

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

I cant wait for all the excuses conor fans will come up with

- paid the ref
- he ran
- conor is not a boxer
- its his 1st match
- floyd would never last in an ocatgon

like him or floyd is pure boxing genius

50-0 TBE

Pretty valid excuses.. but hey, I couldn't even make a list of excuses Floyds fans will make if he manages to take a L ala get knocked out.
  • LL Cool L likes this

Bare
  • Bare

mass debater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:30 AM

I don't know anything about boxing and fighting sports are boring to me but I really want to see McGregor get outclassed and embarassed tonight.

• LL Cool L likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

MAYWEATHER 50-0

• Ruin and LL Cool L like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl/Meh Queen

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Japan

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

Yasssss may weather won!
  • Ruin likes this

Khaisz
  • Khaisz

Flight of Valkyria (°¬°)7

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:00 AM Edited by Khaisz, 27 August 2017 - 05:00 AM.

Well.. I really thought that McGregor would win, but guess that Mayweather still is the best at his game.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl/Meh Queen

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Japan

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

Good fight.

Gotta give props to both and now may weather is hof

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:17 AM

how can any1 doubt TBE?

He didn't "run", came forward, never looked tired or in trouble or hurt....looked like his easiest fight, conor talked his way into a pay check and more fame...was not even close

where are those saying floyd is sh*t etc?? loooool 

50-0, like his personality or not...he is pure boxing genius

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:23 AM

Did he ever stand a chance?

Respect tho.

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

no respect from me

I called it before....he is just after the big money paycheck......he cant possibly believe he could beat floyd

then he had a whole bunch of dumb ass casual fans disrespecting one of the greatest ever boxers of our time...nah

I wonder how the conor fans felt watching that lol, the 1st two rounds they were hyped!

• Mukkus likes this

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:36 AM

I'm not blinded by hate. it's all very clear.

the man went to prison for domestic assault and has paid off more than one woman to shut down additional charges. he's threatened the mother of his own children. he's a low life piece of thug trash whose fights are extremely boring to watch.

if Floyd died in a car accident tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough.

/2 cents

Go cry yourself to sleep

https://pbs.twimg.co...EG2lQ.jpg:large

• Ruin, Jonesizzle and Mukkus like this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:16 AM

what exactly does the fight have to do with Floyd being a convicted wife beater?

if you can't tell that I don't have a horse in this race, you're exactly the kind of moron who watched this fight.

• Tchuck likes this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

I wish the ref had given Floyd just 5 more seconds
  • Ruin, Triple Vacuum Seal and LL Cool L like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

no respect from me

I called it before....he is just after the big money paycheck......he cant possibly believe he could beat floyd

then he had a whole bunch of dumb ass casual fans disrespecting one of the greatest ever boxers of our time...nah

and Mayweather wasn't after the money?? Lolol

Would've been great if Conor pulled it out.

Still funny how someone who never boxed, took 'tbe' to 10 rounds. Lol

Either way, everyone and their mom would have Conor with them in a bar fight. Mayweather would've been killed if it was mma rules haha

Whatever, idc, ufc and such is better to watch out of the two
  • El Dildo, Tchuck and Tech-Noir like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:37 PM Edited by LL Cool L, 27 August 2017 - 02:59 PM.

So he should come out of retirement and fight for free at 40 years old after being publicly called out? for months too before the fight was even agreed....

He didnt take it to anything, floyd was in total control and was toying with him, making him look amateur, punishing him, winning every round with ease, barely broke a sweat, landing at will....its a more convincing defeat than knocking out a guy in one round, people got their money's worth...

You are clearly not a bixingg fan, you just like to watch fights, there is a difference

I knew conor fans would say boxing was lame adter he lost

• Ruin, Triple Vacuum Seal and Mukkus like this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

the issue is that boxing has been lame since 1997.

excuse me while I toot my own horn. everything I said about this fight came true.

I said there would be a bunch of dumb sh/t-talking but that nobody would actually land a KO. I said Floyd would win by points or a technicality and then both fighters would just laugh their way to the bank. I said it would be a boring dance that only hurts the reputation of boxing.

go ahead.

ask me if I ever get tired of being right all the time...

iScSI7d.gif

• Tchuck, Triple Vacuum Seal and iBUCKEYE like this

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:02 PM Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal, 27 August 2017 - 10:02 PM.

For being a Mayweather fight, it was pretty entertaining.  Some of the best fighters even in MMA are prone to being boring af because perfect technique isn't really entertaining (notice the lack of camera focus on footwork) and entertainment is nonessential for winning.  The guy's a scum bag no doubt, but he's pure greatness as a defensive boxer.

• LL Cool L likes this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Not a pretty nigga but my mom thinks I'm handsome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

I gained more respect for Connor after the fight. He fought the best fighter of this generation and was able to hold his own and not get embarrassed. The fight went down pretty much exactly how I thought it would but Connor looked better than I thought he would be able to.

Floyd won but the biggest winner was the sport of MMA. Connor was only able to use 25% of his stand up weapons and still was able to be in the fight and landed more on Floyd than Manny in two less rounds. The argument of boxers being on a different level striking than MMA fighters is no longer valid because Connor was able to go into a boxers house under boxing rules and hold his own. If Connor could have used kicks, elbows, knees, the clinch, or the ground it would of been a completely one sided fight in Connors favor. Boxers will always have the advantage within the very limited rule set of boxing compared to MMA fighters but MMA is a real fight were people of varied disciplines lock themselves in a cage to see who is the better fighter. I'll always be a fan of boxing because I can appreciate it for what it is but this fight just cemented the fact that MMA is the superior sport to find out who is a better overall fighter to me.

I'd love for there to be a rematch to this fight but under MMA rules. Floyd wouldn't have to worry about his 50-0 boxing record because it wouldn't effect that and it would truly answer the question as to who is the better fighter not just the better boxer which is only a fraction of what can be used in a true fight.
  • Triple Vacuum Seal and Tech-Noir like this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

☆ (◕‿◕) ★

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:06 PM Edited by Tech-Noir, 27 August 2017 - 11:07 PM.

I know Mayweather was going to beat Connor McGregor but to trash McGregor is just childish.  Another example of why I got out of following sports because the fanbases can be so awful and illogical.

Also boxing is lame as hell and I'm not even a fan of UFC or Connor McGregor.  But if I had to follow either sport, it sure as hell wouldn't be boxing haha.  I knew Mayweather was going to win but I only wanted McGregor to win because Mayweather is a very talented toolbox.  It's a UFC fighter against a boxing fighter who's 49-0.

To say Connor would win would be to say Mayweather would win in a UFC ring.

I also respect a fighter more who can utilize all tools of his body, so that made me favor McGregor from the start as an athlete and competitor.  But he was out of his realm.

KornbreadMafia above me really said it best.  

• Triple Vacuum Seal likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

McGregor took "TBE" to 10 rounds. That just shows that "TBE" is just a great defensive fighter who has extremely boring fights. 

I'm glad to have been able to see some awesome boxing when I was a child in the 90s, with Tyson, Holyfield, Lennox Lewis et al. 

If there was a rematch under UFC rules, Mayweather wouldn't even last a round imo. 

Much respect to him. And both of them are laughing even harder all the way to the bank.

• Tech-Noir likes this

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:11 AM

MMA is a real fight were people of varied disciplines lock themselves in a cage to see who is the better fighter

Though I would stop short of comparing it to a street fight, one has to wonder just how close MMA or any legally-sanctioned combat sport can get to a real fight.  Today's UFC is close enough, but the stuff that used to go down in the early UFC was straight brutal.  Groin strikes, 12-6 elbows...the works.  For obvious reasons the sport had to be sanitized and still struggles to gain legal acceptance even with such changes.  

Apparently there are MMA brawl sports but that's not quite what I mean.  Professional MMA is more like a highly-focused petri dish of various hand-to-hand martial arts, whereas actual fights are just wild habitats with weapons, alliances, and all.  As much as I respect the UFC, there's still a part of me that want's to see something more 'real' y'know?  But hey I guess that's what WSHH is for.

• Tchuck likes this

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

Mayweather haters all have one thing in common...Ill just leave it at that

tumblr_n92do9ZdNI1qarjjvo1_400.gif

• LL Cool L and Mukkus like this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

well yeah.

they all hate wife beaters.

• Tchuck, Triple Vacuum Seal and Tech-Noir like this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

☆ (◕‿◕) ★

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Pretty awesome video

• V4S, El Dildo and Tchuck like this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:00 AM

all day

• V4S likes this

Saggy
  • Saggy

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

all day

When the f*ck do they talk about the fight? 3 hours of rambling it seems

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Not a pretty nigga but my mom thinks I'm handsome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

the issue is that boxing has been lame since 1997.

excuse me while I toot my own horn. everything I said about this fight came true.
I said there would be a bunch of dumb sh/t-talking but that nobody would actually land a KO. I said Floyd would win by points or a technicality and then both fighters would just laugh their way to the bank. I said it would be a boring dance that only hurts the reputation of boxing.

go ahead.
ask me if I ever get tired of being right all the time...

iScSI7d.gif
I've seen thousands of fights in my life and this one was anything but boring so I don't get where you're getting that from. The fight also didn't end on a technicality it ended in a technical knockout which happens all the time in combat sport and while I don't have the numbers in front of me I'd be willing to bet there are more TKO stoppages in boxing and MMA than KO stoppages. The reason the ref stopped it when he did was because Connor had zero boxing experience going against Floyd in his fiftieth pro fight and if Connor got seriously hurt then there would of been a ton of backlash on the NSAC and the NSAC is the commission that hired the ref.

You can toot your own horn all you want but you didn't predict the outcome like you think you did. Floyd won via stoppage not points or technicality. The fight wasn't a boring dance either Floyd let Connor have the first three rounds while he figured him out then he came forward throwing power shots and wore Connor out with body shots before he hurt him and followed up with a barrage of punches causing the ref to stop it.
  • LL Cool L and Mukkus like this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

when the referee stops the fight, that's a TKO.

like I said. Floyd would win on the technicality or on the scorecard.

I was right.

the reason the fight was stopped wasn't because the ref was worried about his job. the fight was stopped because Connor clearly ran out of gas, didn't have his legs under him, and had failed to keep his hands up to defend himself. Floyd won but Floyd didn't even knock the guy out. by not building up his stamina any better, McGregor knocked himself out.

• Tchuck likes this

Jonesizzle
  • Jonesizzle

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:51 AM Edited by DOOM!, 30 August 2017 - 03:52 AM.

congratulations, you predicted a guy who was 49-0 to beat a guy who has never boxed professionally... are you gonna go out on the limb and say the Patriots and Warriors will win their leagues chanpionship?
  • Banks., LL Cool L and Mukkus like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users