Boxing Discussion

446 replies to this topic
Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Great fights last night.

Haye with a brutal knockout over chisora as he promised.

And Amir Khan knocked out by garcia wow.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Damn guys. Bump.. 

Floyd Mayweather VS Saul Alvarez

Lucas Matthyse VS Dany Garcia. 

Thoughts/ predictions? Also this saturday. Seth Mitchell vs Chris arreloa If you are a heavyweight fan. That should be good. 

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Mayweather will be too quick for Canelo and I'm kind of worried about Canelo's stamina. I'm going for Matthyse against Garcia. I rate Matthyse, he has tremendous power.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Bump.

So who is watching Mayweather vs Canelo and the under card fights? Think it starts around 2am so God knows what time it's going to finish though. I reckon it's going to be worth staying up though considering Garcia v Matthysse is a under card fight so should be a good night.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm only watching the Mayweather/Canelo fight in hopes of seeing Mayweather get KTFO.

I know it won't happen, but a man can hope, can't he?

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

45 have tried 45 have failed

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

Mayweather took that boy to school. 45 and ZERO!!! Money May All Day!

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Maywhether is still a bitch who avoids any serious challenger that could threaten his undefeated record because he cares more about money and PPV sales than pride or the sport of boxing itself. he's a joke and his fights are boring

he should have fought Manny Pacquia 2 years ago when everyone actually wanted to see it.

• A J likes this

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Maywhether is still a bitch who avoids any serious challenger that could threaten his undefeated record because he cares more about money and PPV sales than pride or the sport of boxing itself. he's a joke and his fights are boring

he should have fought Manny Pacquia 2 years ago when everyone actually wanted to see it.

It wasn't just Mayweather's fault. Pacquiao's camp played a big part in that fight not happening. . 

• OH NO likes this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Excuse after excuse from Mayweather is why the Pacman fight never happened. Even the hardcore Mayweather fans know that.

Too late now.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Excuse after excuse from Mayweather is why the Pacman fight never happened. Even the hardcore Mayweather fans know that.

Too late now.

It doesn't matter now. It's a debate that has been done to death.

Anyway, Pacquiao faces Rios in a few months. If Pacman can put in a class performance then I can see a few fans to call Mayweather v Pacquiao for 2014 but personally I want Floyd to face Danny Garcia in May. I'm looking around and don't see many fighters capable of giving Floyd a good go. Garcia is a clever boxer with a great left hook. I was impressed with his performance against Matthysse so I think he is the only one capable of facing Floyd. Khan has being making a lot of noise and doesn't seem interested in facing Devon Alexander for the IBF title anymore. I think he really wants the fight to happen but Khan would get school'd off Floyd. He has the speed but not the brain and chin that is needed to beat Mayweather.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Unfortunately I don't see Garcia giving Mayweather any problems, as much as I'd love to see it.

I honestly, truly believe that once Mayweather and Pacman are done there will never be another big name in boxing. There certainly won't be any more $75 PPVs.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

So Canelo school'd Angulo last night and stopped him in the 10th. It was quite a soft stoppage tbh but I do see why the ref jumped in as Angulo was taking a lot of big punches from Canelo and just didn't look like the same boxer who put Lara down twice. Credit to Canelo, he had a lot to prove tonight after his disappointing display against P4P #1 Floyd Mayweather and he delivered. The shots he was hitting Angulo with were very impressive and he we all know what Angulo is like, he's one of the toughest fighters in the game and he was rocked a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo moves up to 160 as he struggled to make the weight of 154 and had to extend the weight to 155 limit. I would like to see him face the slick Cuban Erislandy Lara or face the winner of Martinez v Cotto.

Floyd Mayweather jr will face Marcos Maidana on May 3rd. I'm going to be honest here, I would of rather of seen Mayweather v Khan. Maidana is a great fighter don't get me wrong but I feel he's very one dimensional and will just walk on to shots. Khan has speed so at least it would be more entertaining than Mayweather v Maidana but we'll see. Pacquiao is going up against Bradley in April in a rematch that a lot of boxing fans were desperate to see after Pacman lost to a stupid decision. This one is very hard to predict.

Now for the big showdown at Wembley on May 31st. Froch v Groves 2 which has fight of the year written all other it. The first fight Groves was coming in as a massive underdog and most people thought Froch would stop him very easily and it would be one sided. They were wrong. Yes Froch did end up stopping Groves but everybody knows the ref got that one wrong. Groves had Froch on his back in the first round and out boxed him throughout the fight. Everyone laughed at Groves when he said he'll win the exchanges but Groves did it, he out fought and out smarted the much more experienced Carl Froch. Shame it was stopped when it shouldn't of been but I'm confident Groves will get his revenge and will beat Froch in May.

• A J likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Now for the big showdown at Wembley on May 31st. Froch v Groves 2 which has fight of the year written all other it. The first fight Groves was coming in as a massive underdog and most people thought Froch would stop him very easily and it would be one sided. They were wrong. Yes Froch did end up stopping Groves but everybody knows the ref got that one wrong. Groves had Froch on his back in the first round and out boxed him throughout the fight. Everyone laughed at Groves when he said he'll win the exchanges but Groves did it, he out fought and out smarted the much more experienced Carl Froch. Shame it was stopped when it shouldn't of been but I'm confident Groves will get his revenge and will beat Froch in May.

Froch is a jerk. Last year after beating the semi-retired Kessler he was declaring himself the best ever British fighter or something like that, the ref saved him in that fight, it was a ridiculous decision to stop it so soon. 

Also not sure whether to believe my cousin or not, but he also reckons Froch once sent him a message directly on Twitter in response to criticism along the lines of 'f*ck off, you'll never achieve anything I've done'.  :lol:

• Tommy. likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Anyone seen this Bafta-worthy performance from Tyson Fury?

This tit actually makes me feel affection for Chisora- a one time alien emotion to me. Regardless, Klitschko will demolish whoever comes out of this scrap victorious.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

So, who you guys picking in the rematch? The guy who won the last fight, or Bradley? :)

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

So, who you guys picking in the rematch? The guy who won the last fight, or Bradley? :)

I can't pick a winner to be honest with you. When the fight was first announced I went with Pacquiao but now I'm starting to lean towards Bradley after seeing the interviews and the HBO face off. I think I'm just going to sit on the fence with this one.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:32 AM Edited by W3BB13, 13 April 2014 - 05:33 AM.

Spoiler

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Is that Justin Bieber holding his belt??

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, Mayweather likes to hang out with Bieber. As if I didn't already have enough reasons to dislike the guy.

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:19 AM Edited by AussieAustin, 27 April 2014 - 02:26 AM.

Alex Leapai fights the world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko for the heavyweight belt today.  I hope Leapai puts on a good show.  Would be an awesome thing to see if he can win.

EDIT:  And he lost TKO in the 5th.  Shame.  Amazing combos from Klitschko.  Not sure if anyone is going to beat this guy.

• DMC14 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

Yesterday I watched boxing for the first time when I arrived home late at night and gotta say that I've got hooked on it. Unfortunately, I think the combats they were broadcasting were all quite old (Mayweather vs. Cotto)...

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:25 AM

My boy money about to show why he's my favourite boxer. Saw the kkhan fight too was good

Josh
  • Josh

I don't even see one familiar star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:30 AM

Maidana going to go down swinging I think. We've got a damn good fight on our hands until he gets tired I reckon.

• OH NO likes this

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:34 AM

What a round but floyd eluded a lot of punches scientifically
Yeah defo josh he's playin into floyds hands but still he came out vicious doubt hell last long

Josh
  • Josh

I don't even see one familiar star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:38 AM Edited by Josh, 04 May 2014 - 04:39 AM.

He's brutal. Those chopping downwards rights are more like a pub fight in Croydon than the MGM Grand...

Floyd got rocked a couple of times, but even now he's so quick with his jabs watching him move around is one of my favourite things in sport.

Mayweather cut over his right eye. Street fight...

Xyn
  • Xyn

Đɇłɨrɨʋs

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

Mayweather's streak is near dead.
That's what happens when you bring along bieber again.

Maidana's going to make history.

Also, anyone think the ref is being slightly biased?

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

What's the punch stas moneys up ainthe hiS defencE is slopply tho

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

mayweather is getting blown the f*ck out

which means he'll hold on and get the decision.

• Xyn likes this

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

Floyd got rocked a couple of times, but even now he's so quick with his jabs watching him move around is one of my favourite things in sport.

That's why he my favourite boxer. Man I lovE a defenSive style counter punching
  • Josh likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users