Boxing Discussion

446 replies to this topic
Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Bought the fight anyway.

The most interesting fight is Canelo Vs Mosley. I really hope mosley redeems himself , because he needs to. Hope he didnt take this fight for a payday. Canelo aint the hardest to hit, and if mosley connects with one of his big left or right hands will be interesting to see how canelo handles it

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Supreme. @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 11:10)
My heart hopes Cotto sufficiently roughs him up early on, finally catches (like Mosley did) and explosively seizes it (which Mosley was obviously unable to) for a dramatic TKO in one of the middle rounds. My mind says Floyd will 'weather' those rounds and dominate the latter ones for a comfortable UD, or maybe even a late TKO off of Cotto's questionable stamina then.

Ugh, your mind was correct. Cotto dominated in round 8 and then came out far too conservatively in round 9. He must have gotten tired or something, because it almost seemed like he had Mayweather on the ropes prior, literally and figuratively.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Haye is going to knock out Chisora. Cant wait for that moment .

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

So the Kahn fight has been cancelled due to Peterson testing positive for drugs.
Does that mean the belets are vacant now?

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 07:26)
So the Kahn fight has been cancelled due to Peterson testing positive for drugs.
Does that mean the belets are vacant now?

Nah the belets are still on the line. Not sure about the belts though. rolleyes.gif

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 17:36)
Haye is going to knock out Chisora. Cant wait for that moment .

Chisora is a prick and I hope Haye knocks him out. I'm not a big fan of Haye too but I hope he wins.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

No doubt. I know exactly what Haye is trying to do, said it the very second this fight was confirmed.

Not only does he get to beat up Derek Chisora for a payday and finish what they started, but the fight will also lead to a Vitali showdown.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Haye, Chisora f*ck both of them, disgraceful, arrogant and useless fools, perhaps Chisora only needs to stand on Haye's toes to beat him.... anyways let's discuss a real boxing fight.

Froch vs Bute

Bute fighting outside Canada, Froch back in his hometown after that elite showdown, who's going to win?

I think it could be a great fight, as a Brit I'll be backing Froch, but I don't think he'll win.

Jack.
  • Jack.

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 08:41)
Haye, Chisora f*ck both of them, disgraceful, arrogant and useless fools, perhaps Chisora only needs to stand on Haye's toes to beat him.... anyways let's discuss a real boxing fight.

Froch vs Bute

Bute fighting outside Canada, Froch back in his hometown after that elite showdown, who's going to win?

I think it could be a great fight, as a Brit I'll be backing Froch, but I don't think he'll win.

I predict Froch cool.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:49 PM Edited by Darrel, 30 May 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Just want to give a mention to Paul Williams set to face Saul 'Canelo Alvarez is September. Paul was involved in a motorcycle accident on Sunday in Atlanta Georgia. The accident has left him paralyzed from the waist downwards. Doctors and mangers say there is "No chance" he will ever walk again.

Terrible news for Paul. He was once the most feared and avoided person in boxing, especially the welterweight division.. No one wanted to tango with Paul williams. He is okay though and in good spirits, and vows to walk again regardless. But obviously his boxing career has come to a permanent end. sad.gif

user posted image

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:31 PM Edited by Darrel, 08 June 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Pacquiao VS Bradley

user posted image

Who you got.....?

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Be surprised if Bradley makes it to the last round, Pac Man to win by K.O. , it's going to lead to the super fight .

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

the bigger question is; does anyone care?
once again it's Pacquiao versus the wrong black guy.

I don't know anyone who actually wants to see this fight.
because the only matchup that everyone really wants to see is not this one.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Pac Man will win on points. Bradley is a good boxer but not good enough to beat Pac Man yet. It will be interesting to see what Bradley does for tactics though.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

It's all build up El Diablo, the major problem with boxing at the moment in my view, are boxers only fighting for money and the right amount at that, rather than honestly wanting to prove they're the best in their weight class.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 16:20)
It's all build up El Diablo, the major problem with boxing at the moment in my view, are boxers only fighting for money and the right amount at that, rather than honestly wanting to prove they're the best in their weight class.

and that's why I'm upset with boxing right now.

Mayweather doesn't want to lose his undefeated record so he only picks people that he knows will not present much of a challenge.
he's a coward and a bitch. because then he goes up to the press conference and fakes tears and acts like hes so emotional at overcoming such a worthy opponent.
bullsh*t.

Pacman acts like he wants the fight, but then he always blames Mayweather's camp for holding it up.
meanwhile each of them continues to fight but they never go with a real contender. and ultimately no one wants to see these fights.

there's plenty of meaningless matches every week on Showtime and HBO.
if you just want to watch boxing you can. but if you want to watch the top contenders in the world actually face EACH OTHER then you're continually being let down. this is exactly why boxing is losing so much popularity around the world.

just like horse racing can never seem to get another triple-crown winner to get the casual fans excited, boxing can never seem to get their top-dollar draws in the same ring at the same time. and so casual fans begin to drift away.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 01:00)
QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 16:20)

and that's why I'm upset with boxing right now.

Mayweather doesn't want to lose his undefeated record so he only picks people that he knows will not present much of a challenge.
he's a coward and a bitch. because then he goes up to the press conference and fakes tears and acts like hes so emotional at overcoming such a worthy opponent.
bullsh*t.

Pacman acts like he wants the fight, but then he always blames Mayweather's camp for holding it up.
meanwhile each of them continues to fight but they never go with a real contender. and ultimately no one wants to see these fights.

there's plenty of meaningless matches every week on Showtime and HBO.
if you just want to watch boxing you can. but if you want to watch the top contenders in the world actually face EACH OTHER then you're continually being let down. this is exactly why boxing is losing so much popularity around the world.

just like horse racing can never seem to get another triple-crown winner to get the casual fans excited, boxing can never seem to get their top-dollar draws in the same ring at the same time. and so casual fans begin to drift away.

Well said mate, feel 100% the same, it sucks, money plays too big a part in the sport.

Mayweather and Pacquiao are top fighters though, and I'm surprised they don't simply just say f*ck the $ and let's just get this sorted. Maybe Mayweather wants to end his career undefeated, so maybe he is being a pussy.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Really hoping Manny shows is ruthless killer instinct tonight. Bradley seems way over confident, and manny needs to punish the hell out of him in that ring. No mercy is to be given.

Hope manny knocks this kid out, and brings him back down to earth, even though i do like Bradley.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

DID SOMEONE SEE THAT BULLsh*t DECISION WITH THE PACMAN AND BRADLEY!!!!

THE f*ck!!!!! THAT WAS A CRIME AGAINST NATURE!!!!

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

Completely gutted atm, so freaking shocked that Manny lost - I knew he definitely had it in the bag!! All sorts of conspiracies are popping up surrounding the match and the true intentions of boxing, including a conspiracy suggesting Bob Arum had plotted the loss due to Manny's apparent leave of Top Rank (I think!). The best thing is, basically everyone who watched the fight knew Pacquiao won - Drake, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus etc. are all shocked!

Unbelievable sad.gif

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

I'm actually waiting for Pacquiao to lose but not this way (Yes, I'm Filipino but I'm tired of his winning streak). It got the whole Philippines in an uproar, my twitter and facebook is going crazy over this. The good thing here is there's gonna be a rematch in November.

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

Lol boxing's a joke...

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I didn't watch this fight, but it seems like everyone is pissed off about the decision.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if the fight was fixed since it appears as though Pacquiao will never agree to fight Mayweather, and thus, Arum needed to position Bradley as the next big superstar to challenge Mayweather.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:36 PM Edited by Tommy., 08 July 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Did Anyone see the Fury v Maddalone fight last night? Tyson Fury won by stoppage in the 5th round. He destroyed Maddalone and looked very comfortable, his jabbing was pretty good and was setting up the big right hand quite nicely. He has a long way to go if he wants to challenge one of the Klitschko brothers but he is definitely going in the right direction. A couple of more fights and if he wins them then maybe that is the time when he faces his biggest challenge of his career. I have heard rumours that Fury will be fighting Mormeck (who Wladimir beat quite comfortably) or Adamek (who Vitali beat) so if he beats both of them (or one of them) then he should deserve a title shot!

Kell Brook won too. I have recorded the fight and haven't seen it yet but I heard it was a close one and Kell had to dig deep to win. He is now 28-0 which is very impressive. I can see a Brook vs Khan bout coming in the next two years and that would be epic! smile.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (TDP992 @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 23:58)
Lol boxing's a joke...

it certainly is today, that's for sure.
didn't used to be...

the problem is unification and boxing promoters.
there shouldn't be more than one governing body and promoters shouldn't choose the match-ups.

boxing has a handful of governing bodies and they each issue their own championship belts and they rarely agree on outcomes. the promoters are allowed to pick and choose who fights who based on money instead of talent or skill level.

what the sport needs is ONE committee that also arranges all of the fights.
they can tell boxers like Manny and Floyd "ok guys, you're the 2 best fighters in the world, so you're going to fight."

no argument.
no backing out.
no running your mouth and pretending you want to fight but never getting around to it.

if you guys want your next paycheck and your next Pay-Per-View, then you're going to fight the top contenders.
you don't get to decide.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Sunday, Jul 8 2012, 19:23)
QUOTE (TDP992 @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 23:58)
Lol boxing's a joke...

it certainly is today, that's for sure.
didn't used to be...

the problem is unification and boxing promoters.
there shouldn't be more than one governing body and promoters shouldn't choose the match-ups.

boxing has a handful of governing bodies and they each issue their own championship belts and they rarely agree on outcomes. the promoters are allowed to pick and choose who fights who based on money instead of talent or skill level.

what the sport needs is ONE committee that also arranges all of the fights.
they can tell boxers like Manny and Floyd "ok guys, you're the 2 best fighters in the world, so you're going to fight."

no argument.
no backing out.
no running your mouth and pretending you want to fight but never getting around to it.

if you guys want your next paycheck and your next Pay-Per-View, then you're going to fight the top contenders.
you don't get to decide.

Amen to that. icon14.gif

---

Also Tommy. i watched the Tyson Fury fight too, he seemed very dominate with the jab, a few more tougher tests, and can see him fighting one of the big guys, not sure if he'll win, but he has all the potential to do very well.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Sunday, Jul 8 2012, 15:36)
Did Anyone see the Fury v Maddalone fight last night? Tyson Fury won by stoppage in the 5th round. He destroyed Maddalone and looked very comfortable, his jabbing was pretty good and was setting up the big right hand quite nicely. He has a long way to go if he wants to challenge one of the Klitschko brothers but he is definitely going in the right direction. A couple of more fights and if he wins them then maybe that is the time when he faces his biggest challenge of his career. I have heard rumours that Fury will be fighting Mormeck (who Wladimir beat quite comfortably) or Adamek (who Vitali beat) so if he beats both of them (or one of them) then he should deserve a title shot!

Kell Brook won too. I have recorded the fight and haven't seen it yet but I heard it was a close one and Kell had to dig deep to win. He is now 28-0 which is very impressive. I can see a Brook vs Khan bout coming in the next two years and that would be epic! smile.gif

Yeah I watched that. Maddalone didn't stand a chance from the start. Wladimir Klitschko has said a fight with Fury could be on the cards for next year. Hope so.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:52 PM Edited by Tommy., 10 July 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Yeah Wladimir has said that the Fury fight will happen in the next 12 months which is interesting I mean for all we know it could be Fury's next bout but I doubt that. Fury needs to fight somebody who is actually a challenger in the division.

I watched a video of Fury saying that he wants to fight the winner of Haye v Chisora fight and the winner of that fights one of the Klitschko's which will be most likely be Wladimir.

EDIT: Apparently Chris Arreola is fighting Wladimir Klitschko on the 10th November at Madison Square Garden. Well deserved title shot imo. Arreloa has 35 wins, 30 of them coming by KO and only 2 losses.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Well a fight against the winner of the Haye/Chis bout would be a great warm up for a Klitschko fight - if Fury wins of course. Say Haye wins this Sat and a fight between him and Fury happens, it would be difficult to pick a winner imo.

BTW who's your money on this Sat?

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Fury should fight David Price, before those two clowns called Haye and Chisora.

Also Povetkin the russian based in Germany, should be forced to fight one of the klitschos rather than fighting hasbeen's like Rahman..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users