446 replies to this topic
A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

of course it will happen, there is so much $ to be made out of it for both boxers !

Audley Harrison is a joke, the guy needs to be told he's sh*t and should probably just do pantomine or some other sh*t instead.

Tyson Fury, what an epic name, is it really that? or something he's changed, like instead of Albert Jones? or Dick Smith.

I've enjoyed seeing a lot of boxing on tv through boxnation tv channel too bad its soon notgoing to be free to watch.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

Well his name is Luke Tyson Fury but everyone just calls him Tsyon Fury because it sounds better tounge.gif

Anyone watching Martin Murray vs Felix Sturm on Friday? It's for the Middleweight title. I think Murray is going to have to be on form to beat Sturm but I do think Murray can do it, he just can't be reckless going forward. If he does then Sturm will catch him everytime and it will be over inside the first five rounds but I think this will be decided on points and it's important Murray wins the first few rounds. Sturm was taken the distance by Macklin so we know Sturm can be taken the distance but like I said, Murray needs to win the first rounds. If he does then he stands a real chance.

Amir Khan is fighting Lamont Peterson in Washingston D.C. Now I've being watching a few videos on Peterson and he looks a guy who can beat Khan. He only has one loss and one draw so I think he stands a good chance against Khan but Khan has been on form lately so this will be a great fight. I still think Khan will win but it's not going to be easy.

Wladimir Klitschko is fighting Jean-Marc Mormeck, Personally I think this is going to end up Klitschko winning by knockout. I'll be honest though, I haven't seen much of Mormeck so he pull off a shock win but going by Wladimir form lately he will win.

Now what do you guys think of Haye v Vitali Klitschko? I actually want this fight to happen so Vitali can destroy Haye and embarrass him one more time. Apparently they are in negotiations and Vitali's camp has given David Haye a deadline sometime in December to decide. If Haye accepts it then the fight will happen on 5th March.

December is a great month for boxing fans!

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 03:26)
of course it will happen, there is so much $ to be made out of it for both boxers !

Audley Harrison is a joke, the guy needs to be told he's sh*t and should probably just do pantomine or some other sh*t instead.

Tyson Fury, what an epic name, is it really that? or something he's changed, like instead of Albert Jones? or Dick Smith.

I've enjoyed seeing a lot of boxing on tv through boxnation tv channel too bad its soon notgoing to be free to watch.

Ironically enough, out of the blue, Tyson came in my place of work yesterday, we were told not to pester him so aside from pleasantries, the only thing I asked was "are you looking forward to touching gloves with Audley, Tyson?" His reponse? He simply smiled at me and carried on walking. So, its safe to say it will be happening (because any other normal human being would have refuted having such a connection with Mr Passed-It Harrison) and as you do indeed mention, no doubt both boxers will be coming away with a tidy pay packet.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 12:00)
Well his name is Luke Tyson Fury but everyone just calls him Tsyon Fury because it sounds better tounge.gif

Anyone watching Martin Murray vs Felix Sturm on Friday? It's for the Middleweight title. I think Murray is going to have to be on form to beat Sturm but I do think Murray can do it, he just can't be reckless going forward. If he does then Sturm will catch him everytime and it will be over inside the first five rounds but I think this will be decided on points and it's important Murray wins the first few rounds. Sturm was taken the distance by Macklin so we know Sturm can be taken the distance but like I said, Murray needs to win the first rounds. If he does then he stands a real chance.

Amir Khan is fighting Lamont Peterson in Washingston D.C. Now I've being watching a few videos on Peterson and he looks a guy who can beat Khan. He only has one loss and one draw so I think he stands a good chance against Khan but Khan has been on form lately so this will be a great fight. I still think Khan will win but it's not going to be easy.

Wladimir Klitschko is fighting Jean-Marc Mormeck, Personally I think this is going to end up Klitschko winning by knockout. I'll be honest though, I haven't seen much of Mormeck so he pull off a shock win but going by Wladimir form lately he will win.

Now what do you guys think of Haye v Vitali Klitschko? I actually want this fight to happen so Vitali can destroy Haye and embarrass him one more time. Apparently they are in negotiations and Vitali's camp has given David Haye a deadline sometime in December to decide. If Haye accepts it then the fight will happen on 5th March.

December is a great month for boxing fans!

probably the longest post I've ever seen you write Tommy. Finding out you are a fan of boxing though has changed my opinion of you smile.gif

Where is the Felix Sturm fight taking place? Let me guess Germany? If so Murray will have to be in top form, ridiculous decisions get made in some fights in Germany.

The Khan Peterson fight is something to look forward to, can't stand Amir Khan but I hope he does win.

Mormeck is going in as a big underdog vs Klitschko, I'll be backing him, but I don't think he'll stand a chance unless he's get the knockout in the early rounds, he's older, shorter and naturally a lot lighter than Klitschko, so I don't see him standing much chance rolleyes.gif , but you never know, pity there isn't more decent heavyweights.

Haye might aswell stay retired, and look after his fragile toes.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:30 PM Edited by Tommy., 30 November 2011 - 01:35 PM.

Yeah Sturm is a good boxer. A brilliant Middleweight champion so I do hope Murray has his tactics right because I have high expectations for this fight, hope Murray wins.

Like I said, Amir Khan v Peterson is going to be a brilliant bout and I can see it going the distance. Lamont will be so up for it since the bout is in Washington D.C and that's his home town so the crowd will be on his side but no doubt Khan will have a lot of support. I do hope Khan wins though because that boy has potential.

JoeyLeone, that is ironic! I would love to meet Fury and thanks for letting us know that Fury is most likely fighting Harrsion in Blackpool. Not saying it's a good thing tounge.gif Looking forward to his fight on St Paddy's day at the Madison Square Garden though.

EDIT: Just re-watched the Matthew Macklin and Felix Sturm fight and watching it back over I'm so shocked Sturm won! He won by four rounds which is a disgrace so I'm thinking Murray should probably go for the knockout. Sturm has a point to prove.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

Wow what a brilliant fight that was between Sturm and Murray.

Martin was in the fight of his life and handled the pressure really well and throw back whatever Sturm throw at him. It was one of the closest fights I have seen in ages. On my scorecards, I had Murray the winner 114-115 Murray. It was a draw which in a way is a fair result but if that fight was in England Murray would of clinched it. I can see a rematch happening.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Klitschko has pulled out of this weekends defence! Kidney stones...

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Oh for f*cks sake, I was actually looking forward to that fight sad.gif Oh well there is still Khan v Peterson.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Murray did well in Germany, be nice to see Sturm fight outside of Germany though.

The Klitscho fight got called off right?

And Khan lost last night on points, and some dodgy refereeing, anyone have a link to where I could see this fight, normally I get lucky with youtube before it gets removed.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Haven't watched the Khan fight but I heard Khan should of won. I will make my judgement when I see it icon14.gif

I said Khan would have a tough night...

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Judging by the highlights on sky sports news it was a close fight, seemed like the ref was harsh on Khan though

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

It was very close, I had just Khan up by a round myself (including the 10-8 first round), but the two point deductions changed everything and while they may have been within 'the letter of the law,' there was nothing Khan could really do about it as Lamont's head was in line with his front foot and therefore he had keep pushing him away. Mind, I'll agree with the commentators who have said that Lamont chose the right tactic in deciding to do this as it not only made Khan lose two points, but it also allowed him to consistently damage Khan on the inside where he seems weakest.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

Want to see this fight for myself, any videos of it on the net yet?

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Vitali Klitschko v Dereck Chisora? lol.gif

What has the heavyweight division come to I mine why the f*ck is Vitali fighting Chisora? I would of rather seen Tyson Fury fight Vitali Klitschko or even Haye.

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Dec 14 2011, 18:06)
Want to see this fight for myself, any videos of it on the net yet?

Of course! This is the link I used myself on Sunday. Even the HBO commentators couldn't believe the point deductions, but I don't see what Khan gets from appealing the decision (if every boxer appealed a potential 'hometown' decision then we'd have many a boxers with only 20 fights on their records...).

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for sharing Joeyleone icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Decent fight, and it was refreshing to hear the American commentators siding a lot with the British fighter, there has to be a rematch.

Carl Froch also lost last night too, not a good year for British boxing.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

Yep, bad night for carl froch. Ward is just too quick and crafty.

Kell brook is looking pretty good nice strong jab too. Want to see him in there with someone like victor ortiz then see what he can do.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Froch was just out skilled. Andre Ward is a pretty good boxer with a lot of potential, I knew Froch would loose on points.

Kell Brook looks like a good boxer. He is a quick and powerful, looking at his record I think this guy will go on to big things. 26 fights and winning all of them is something to be proud of. Give him a year or two and he will be holding a decent belt in the welterweight division. The guy looks like he could be a major belt holder in the future.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:55 PM Edited by Darrel, 02 February 2012 - 11:06 PM.

Very close to getting a Pacquiao VS Mayweather fight now, it seems.

I just want them to f*cking both sign and get this sh*t over with. But i can see where arum and koncz are coming from why throw away 30 million when they can build big out door arena at the end of may. More people can see the fight live too, which would be a good thing.

But Mayweather is adamant he is fighting on may 5th.

Edit Mayweather Vs Cotto is on. Should be interesting if cotto is at his best

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Did anyone see the brawl between Chisora and Haye? Haye apparently hit Chisora over the head with a glass bottle and he chucked a tripod at him but he missed and hit his former trainer.

Chisroa put up a good fight against Vitali but it was over shadowed by the brawl.

Der_Don
  • Der_Don

2014 FIFA WC Prediction League 15th place.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

That was hilarious, Haye is such a massive bellend.

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

They're both massive bellends. Chisora is trying to maintain this 'Bad-Boy East End' gangster image, while Haye is still attempting to come across as the 'Best Fighter In The World' despite the fact he failed spectacularly in his last bid. Throw these morons on the scrap-heap and give me Cleverly, Gavin, Brook, Price, hell, even DeGale, any day of the week instead...

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:50 AM Edited by OH NO, 04 May 2012 - 11:04 AM.

Getting hyped for the Floyd - Cotto contest now. Should be good contrast of styles, Floyd will have to watch Cottos body shots,some power in them.Cottos record is impressive as well, two losses and one of them to Pacquiao which was contentious.Still expect Money to take Cotto in his usual manner, f*cking love watching Mayweather fight. Defensive genius.

Oh, and regarding Haye and revealing his bad toe after the fight, one of the lads immediately said "Shouldnt have gone toe to toe with him then" turn.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'm skeptical if i should pay for this fight or not.

Last time i was really disappointed with floyds fight against ortiz

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:06 AM Edited by Cuban Warlord, 05 May 2012 - 07:35 AM.

QUOTE (OH NO @ Friday, May 4 2012, 10:50)
Getting hyped for the Floyd - Cotto contest now. Should be good contrast of styles, Floyd will have to watch Cottos body shots,some power in them.Cottos record is impressive as well, two losses and one of them to Pacquiao which was contentious.Still expect Money to take Cotto in his usual manner, f*cking love watching Mayweather fight. Defensive genius.

Oh, and regarding Haye and revealing his bad toe after the fight, one of the lads immediately said "Shouldnt have gone toe to toe with him then"  turn.gif

Should be a good fight I agree. I totally dislike Mayweather so hopefully Cotto gets it done. I think Mayweather wins by decision though as he will be too much for Cotto.

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Friday, May 4 2012, 15:32)
I'm skeptical if i should pay for this fight or not.

Last time i was really disappointed with floyds fight against ortiz

Buy it, fights with Cotto in them are always entertaining.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

That's what I'm pondering.

I really like cotto, and want to buy for him. But he is guaranteed i think 20 million so he wont lose out if people dont buy.

I cant support mayweather anymore. A guy who says he only fights for him, and is dodging manny pacquiao.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:10 PM Edited by Supreme., 05 May 2012 - 10:56 PM.

My heart hopes Cotto sufficiently roughs him up early on, finally catches (like Mosley did) and explosively seizes it (which Mosley was obviously unable to) for a dramatic TKO in one of the middle rounds. My mind says Floyd will 'weather' those rounds and dominate the latter ones for a comfortable UD, or maybe even a late TKO off of Cotto's questionable stamina then.

I'm with you guys, Cuban Warlord & Darrel, on Floyd personally; pathetic character indeed. Altho as OH NO said, he's an undeniable defensive genius with very 'old-school' skills, which is all the more shame they go so underemployed. Humbly, I'm of a similar counter-punching style, except that I (slipperily) engage much more. So while I give a fair degree of in-ring respect, I ultimately look to him far lesser than I would Sweet Pea (my personal favorite), JMM, et al.

Obviously I'm pretty split on this. To be sure, tho I'm more in the WAAAR COTTO camp, I'm not too invested with either corner and am really just looking forward to the fight itself and a pretty good one it should be user posted image

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Mayweather needs to fight Paqman.

until then he's a coward and all other fights he arranges are poor attempts to simply try and maintain his undefeated record.
they're not real challenges for him.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:22)
Mayweather needs to fight Paqman.

until then he's a coward and all other fights he arranges are poor attempts to simply try and maintain his undefeated record.
they're not real challenges for him.

I dislike Mayweather as much as the next guy but Manny was just as responsible for not making the fight happen as Floyd's camp. Mayweather wanted Pacman to take a blood test and also wanted 60-40 of the money from the fight. I know the deal wasn't fair and Pacman was getting shafted but if he really wanted to prove he was the better fighter he could of taken the deal and fought him. I mean whats a couple million dollars to someone who is already a millionaire? I think Mayweather is more responsible for the fight not happening but it's not like Manny couldn't have swallowed his pride and donated some blood to make it happen.

In the end I don't think this fight ever happens.... and that is the problem with boxing. If boxing is to ever return to what it was mega fights between the 2 best fighters needs to happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users