JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Aug 12 2007, 09:54)
Btw. is it ok to pick up some molotovs for the turfwars ??? Haven't done it yet, - CJ still has those smoke grenades, which are fun but not terribly effective rolleyes.gif

yeah, that's fine, I like to use them myself...

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:51 PM Edited by JAJ, 12 August 2007 - 10:15 PM.

I'll take a turn...
Missions: Riot
Called by: JAJ
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes:
mission completed
Did San Fierro Fastlane + $10000
got a Phoenix from the SF Hills race modded it & stored it in the Doherty garage
picked up some mini-gun ammo & Molotov cocktails
Completion %: 97.86%

For side missions we just got the two San Fierro Race Tournament Races to go:
San Fierro Hills <Video by GTA Phreak> & Country Endurance

This post has been originally edited by JAJ on Aug 12 2007, 17:11

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

An Announcement:
girishb has already been doing the things that an 'officer' of the chain game would do. So I'm gonna make it official. girishb is now an 'officer' of the chain game. He has earned my respect & confidence & joins crazyanurag, quartet1977, rubregg & me as an 'officer' of the chain game. Thanks for all your support & help!
icon14.gif

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:46 AM Edited by girishb, 14 August 2007 - 02:12 PM.

QUOTE (JAJ @ Aug 13 2007, 22:26)
An Announcement:
girishb has already been doing the things that an 'officer' of the chain game would do. So I'm gonna make it official. girishb is now an 'officer' of the chain game. He has earned my respect & confidence & joins crazyanurag, quartet1977, rubregg & me as an 'officer' of the chain game. Thanks for all your support & help!
icon14.gif

Thanks for showing faith in me and thanks for the recommendation too, John.
And a special thanks to Anurag (crazyanurag) for asking me to be recommended.
This really makes me blush.... blush.gif
Thanks again, both of you.... inlove.gif

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:47 AM Edited by girishb, 14 August 2007 - 11:51 AM.

I'll have a go............

Mission: LOS DESPERADOS
Called By: girishb
Link: **Click Here**
Notes: SF Street Races completed:
San Fierro Hills
Country Endurance
All Street Races completed.

Completion: 99.47%

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:59 PM Edited by GTA Phreak, 14 August 2007 - 05:10 PM.

I'll have a go ...

Mission: END OF THE LINE
Called By: GTA Phreak
Link: http://gtasnp.com/download/4169
Notes:
Despite several attempts of collecting the SWAT (without failing the mission), - it still kept disappearing from the garage.
So if you want the SWAT, somebody else has to try, I can't stand watching more credits suicidal.gif

Completion: 100%

QUOTE (JAJ @ Aug 12 2007, 19:51)

For side missions we just got the two San Fierro Race Tournament Races to go:
San Fierro Hills <Video by GTA Phreak> & Country Endurance

Don't know if that was a hint, - but thanks for the honorary mention blush.gif

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

Yet another successful Chain Game completed. smile.gif
Though I feel this was one of the slowest rounds, not taking away any credit from the contribution of all players, CONGRAGULATIONS to everyone who played along and took this game to 100%.

CONGRAGULATIONS!!!

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:45 AM Edited by radioman, 15 August 2007 - 07:49 AM.

Congratulations to everyone who participted in this round, (grishb, JAJ, rubregg, radioman, zmoonchild, gta phreak, orion sr, and anyone else who participated that I forgot to mention). This may have been a slow round, but I like slow rounds as they make it easier for everyone to take turns when they want and gives new people time to participate.

@grishb, congratulations on becoming an "officer" of the chain game. And thanks for the tips on getting the glitch fixed with my game.
@Rubregg, also thanks for the tips on helping me get the barrier glitch straigtened out.
@JAJ, can we do another round? And please host the saves for this round, please. Also, can we do the next round with the extra weapon pick ups, and vehicle spawns?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:53 AM Edited by OrionSR, 15 August 2007 - 10:26 AM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Aug 15 2007, 00:45)
Also, can we do the next round with the extra weapon pick ups, and vehicle spawns?

I'll second that. Now that I know how much work must have gone into creating the custom saves, I'm all for using them, and taking advantage of the vehicles and pickups whenever I get the chance. I still can't figure out how he got the clerks in the clothing stores. However, it was really nice to have a round with "normal" saves. They provided a good baseline for some of my experiments.

If you came here looking for something to play, check out my latest experiements in <Enex Switching>. Most of the doors have been redirected to hidden interiors. It can be quite a challenge to find all 50 doors without the blips. It's a tight fit to get close enough to the door, but if you slide in next to the wall, it's possible to get cars and bikes into the 8-track and Dirt Track interiors.

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Aug 15 2007, 13:15)
@grishb, congratulations on becoming an "officer" of the chain game. And thanks for the tips on getting the glitch fixed with my game.

Thanks!!! smile.gif
And you are most welcome.

QUOTE (radioman @ Aug 15 2007, 13:15)
Also, can we do the next round with the extra weapon pick ups, and vehicle spawns?

I'll third that. Maybe we could use pdescobar's special vehicles save. Or if OrionSR and rubregg decide to create a similar special save, we could use that too.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

WOW! Another completed game! Thanks to all that played.

Yes, I'm down for another round & it'll be with the save from pdescobar that has the extra vehicles & pick-ups. smile.gif I'll try to get it posted after I get home from work today, tomorrow at the latest.

I'll also post the saves from this round.

QUOTE (OrionSR)
I still can't figure out how he got the clerks in the clothing stores.
I don't know either, I think it was the IPL stuff, pd was working on that kind of stuff when he disappeared. He did indicate to me that he was trying to open up the Race Tournaments (so that they'd be there at the beginning of the game) when he'd misstakenly deleted the phone calls for mission triggers. I'm pretty sure that I still have that (or those) broken file(s), let me know if you'd like to have a copy(s).
I'd like to challenge (or ask) you and/or rubregg to create a special starter save we can use for the chain game if you'd like. No pressure intended. smile.gif wink.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Aug 15 2007, 10:09)
QUOTE (OrionSR)
I still can't figure out how he got the clerks in the clothing stores.
I don't know either, I think it was the IPL stuff, pd was working on that kind of stuff when he disappeared. He did indicate to me that he was trying to open up the Race Tournaments (so that they'd be there at the beginning of the game) when he'd misstakenly deleted the phone calls for mission triggers. I'm pretty sure that I still have that (or those) broken file(s), let me know if you'd like to have a copy(s).
I'd like to challenge (or ask) you and/or rubregg to create a special starter save we can use for the chain game if you'd like. No pressure intended. smile.gif wink.gif

That is an interesting challenge. I've been considering ideas for new starter save, but still haven't quite figured out everything pd had in the current custom start. I think towards the end of pd's editing frenzy he may have started digging into the scripts for some of the features, but I can't tell. Text IPLs are fairly limited in what they can do, so I suspect a lot of the changes were made with a hex editor.

If I was to consider crafting a custom starting save, which process do you think would be more appropriate: develop the save in relative secrecy so all the new items are available for a treasure hunt, or have an open topic for developing the save and document the process? The treasure hunt seemed like it added a lot of spice to the rounds where it was introduced. An Open Source starter save would allow people to contribute their ideas to the project, or even mix and match selected items for their own custom save.

I still can't get the clerks in the ammu-nation, barber, or food stores to appear, but that's a fairly minor concern. I'll check, but I suspect all the clerks will appear as soon as the first restaurants and Binco opens up anyway. Besides, buying clothes is a pain in the butt; I'd much prefer to check the All Clothes option on the gamesave editor and be done with it.

Oh hey, JAJ, would you happen to have any of pdescobar's IPL files? I'd like to keep all of his best ideas, but it would take a while to track everything down for a new IPL. It wouldn't take as long if people contributed their favorite pickups and vehicles. All I need are the X, Y, Z, and angle coordinates from various tools, and any notes on vehicle color. It won't take long to plug them back in with an IPL editor.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

Here's the link for the 17th round chain game saves: http://rapidshare.co..._saves.zip.html
I failed to save the 'NRG-500' & 'Dam & Blast' saves in sequence so I added them in using the previous save # with an 'A' suffix (59A & 80A).

@OrionSR: The easter egg hunt was fun & I would pick that choice though there is also merit in getting some input from the users. Maybe there could be a sort of compromise between the two, one where we get some input about items but don't say where the locations are. I also likt the idea of not having to buy the clothes (what a long process!).

I don't have any of the IPL stuff, sorry about that. pd did say that he had 'turned on' or 'opened' the Barber's shops, Tatoo parlors, restruants & some of the 'interiors' before they were opened by the game & that they wouldn't show in the map until that point in the game.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

Here's a link to the next round of the chain game: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=291366

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:19 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 August 2007 - 01:21 AM.

Thanks for the links.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users