Quantcast

» «
Photo

Helmets in GTA IV may help you lose less health...

29 replies to this topic
Sheeraz30
  • Sheeraz30

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Where the hell did he get helmet from.......did he buy it or is it just in a cut scene???

user posted image

Broker Gangsta
  • Broker Gangsta

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

I think it may be a cutscene like alot of that trailer but I may be wrong. But I guess having a helment would help you loose less health if you decide to go zoomin down the street and hit a pole or a car and fly off like in the other GTAs. I hope it would be optional tho.

XBOXLOVER
  • XBOXLOVER

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hey what bike do you think that is? I think it a PCJ-600. And having a helmat would be kinda cool i guess.

JGJONES
  • JGJONES

2010 - A landmark year for games.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

Mabye the bike was parked on the street with the helmet on it's handlebars or seat. I see that alot in real-life.

Truepatriot
  • Truepatriot

that guy who said that thing

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

my guess is he found bike with helmet and put it on at same time.
it would suck now that they showed the helmet if your not able to wear one all the time like i would biggrin.gif

Ugee
  • Ugee

I pwn n00bs

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

I hope helmets will reduce loss of health in a crash.. would add a cool sense of realsim.. looks good too.

NJ~
  • NJ~

99% Idiot, 1% Knowing I'm an Idiot.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

I remember that you could buy helmets over at PROlapsŪ in San Andreas, could make sense that the helmet will be back for sale in some shop.

Symbiote666
  • Symbiote666

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

It could give the added sense of realism on 2 things..

1. Less damage from a crash

2. Shopkeepers could ask you to remove it/leave the shop if you wear it indoors..

MIKEY GTA
  • MIKEY GTA

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

I dont think any of it is cut sceenes, why would rockstar do that.

kilo73
  • kilo73

Sorry For the Bodies

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

R* has already confirmed that every thing in the trailer is ingame.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

I'm guessing the helmet is automatic with a bike. Like it spawns on your head when you jump on a bike. It's still a game, remember? Stuff can still just appear.

Supa_Shibby
  • Supa_Shibby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

Do you remember in Bully the police came after you for not wearing a helmet on your moped?

Maybe this same rule will apply here???

NJ~
  • NJ~

99% Idiot, 1% Knowing I'm an Idiot.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Supa_Shibby @ Jun 28 2007, 22:45)
Do you remember in Bully the police came after you for not wearing a helmet on your moped?

Maybe this same rule will apply here???

A GTA with strict laws = Driver.

rocky_
  • rocky_

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:52 PM

Where the hell did he get helmet from.......did he buy it or is it just in a cut scene???

I read somewhere that none of the trailers included cut scenes, it was all in game graphics, something to do with no extra rendering, so we should expect to see that quality in the game, just with more normal camera angles...

speaking of which when the bullets go through the windscreen is that one of the new camera angles- over niko's shoulder inside the car? I was wondering because his hands looked a little under drawn, plus its always harder driving from inside because you can't see the tail coming out as soon and control powerslides etc...

roryalexander
  • roryalexander

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:56 PM

LOOOOKKK ATTTT THHIIISSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that i have ur attention

Did everyone else notice these things-

1st- in 2nd trailer when Niko is walking down the street and it flashes from him walking but in different areas well when it changes to different areas his beard seems longer and he has a line in his left eyebrow this could be the passing of time R* talked about

2nd- when Niko is shooting the car just b4 the scene with the cool red car, which gets pumlled with bullets, Niko is standing next to two cars with there boots open hence the possiblity to use car trunks which is where he may of got his big Ak-47 from however he is also wearing a duffel bag which is a cool element to what ure allowed to carry maybe u can store anything in it like a helmet or guns, same with the trunk, cool ey! biggrin.gif .

Ugee
  • Ugee

I pwn n00bs

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

I read somewhere that none of the trailers included cut scenes, it was all in game graphics, something to do with no extra rendering, so we should expect to see that quality in the game, just with more normal camera angles...

speaking of which when the bullets go through the windscreen is that one of the new camera angles- over niko's shoulder inside the car? I was wondering because his hands looked a little under drawn, plus its always harder driving from inside because you can't see the tail coming out as soon and control powerslides etc...

Yeah, if thats all in-game just cinematic camera views, this game will be better then I thought..

I think there will be a in-car view.. its used in two parts of the video, and the steering wheels have a yellow line in the middle/top.. happy.gif
And yeah it is harder, since you can't feel the car brake loose.. but thats what sounds for lol. biggrin.gif

rocky_
  • rocky_

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Ugee @ Jun 28 2007, 22:57)

Yeah, if thats all in-game just cinematic camera views, this game will be better then I thought..

I think there will be a in-car view.. its used in two parts of the video, and the steering wheels have a yellow line in the middle/top.. happy.gif
And yeah it is harder, since you can't feel the car brake loose.. but thats what sounds for lol. biggrin.gif

maybe a bit of vibration too? atleast for the 360...
Yeah forgot about the working mirrors early on, I'm sure you'll be able to pick from a few angles as usual. its looking good

V1ce C1ty
  • V1ce C1ty

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (XBOXLOVER @ Jun 28 2007, 20:32)
Hey what bike do you think that is? I think it a PCJ-600. And having a helmat would be kinda cool i guess.

lol its a sh*tzu, spoofing sazuki make. watch the trailer you will see the logo.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:49 AM

You will probably be able to buy different kinds of helmets of your interest.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (V1ce C1ty @ Dec 15 2007, 07:48)

lol its a sh*tzu, spoofing sazuki make. watch the trailer you will see the logo.

No, it's an NRG-900, sh*tzu is just the manufacturer/company. It's still a funny company name though. But how can you know if the helmet will decrease damage if you can't drive without one?

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:58 AM

In a preview they said 'It magically appeared on the back of the bike'.
TAKE THAT FOR REALISM ASSHOLES.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (rocky_ @ Jun 28 2007, 22:52)

well R* have confirmed working mirrors so mabey you will have to keep looking at the mirrors

Gr@ntis
  • Gr@ntis

Gr@ntis

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

I read some were that when testing a demo of gta iv niko jumped on a bike and his helmet just magicaly apeared on his head.
i hope rockstar makes it more relistick and some how puts the helmet in there so you dont just magicaly appear with it on.
but with the helmet saving ur life from going down i dont think it will your body isnt protected just your head i belive your health will still go down when flying down the street and you smack into the side of a bus and come off colgate.gif

Kelao
  • Kelao

Let's go bowling!

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Dec 15 2007, 07:54)
QUOTE (V1ce C1ty @ Dec 15 2007, 07:48)

No, it's an NRG-900, sh*tzu is just the manufacturer/company. It's still a funny company name though. But how can you know if the helmet will decrease damage if you can't drive without one?

Harry: One time we successfully mated a Bulldog with a sh*tzu.
Mary: Really? That's weird.
Harry: Yeah, we called it a Bullsh*t.

tounge2.gif

The Night Fox
  • The Night Fox

I can resist everything but temptation

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

Exactly, it would be pretty cool if you could be protected by using a helmet, it would also make Bike Riding more realistic.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

I think he will just take the helmet of whoever is riding the bike...but what about parked bikes? Maybe the helmet will be left on the seat of the parked ones? Who knows...I just hope helmets don't just appear on his head out of nowhere like the sims...that would suck...

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:44 PM Edited by fishermanGTA, 15 December 2007 - 02:47 PM.

If you are thrown off the bike it won't make
much difference I don't think.

Speedball
  • Speedball

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Ugee @ Jun 28 2007, 22:24)
I hope helmets will reduce loss of health in a crash.. would add a cool sense of realsim.. looks good too.

Yeah, in real life I just lose 60 hp instead of 80 with my helmet on!

C'mon.... It's cool visually but don't push it too far.

BigRome
  • BigRome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

I hope it doesnt make you wear a helmet when you hop on a bike. Helmets make you look less cool.

rrool
  • rrool

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Sheeraz30 @ Jun 28 2007, 20:27)

read magazines previews......................................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users