Photo

SA path tool

36 replies to this topic
Harmalarm
  • Harmalarm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

Sorry for bumping this rather old topic... eh eh...

First off, Deniska, I LOVE your scripts. (both the dff export for the vertex lighting, and the pathtool) I've finally got the the hang of it, and it's actually very easy to use and make the proces of building paths and testing them a LOT faster. (mostly because of the automatic compiler!) Really, Great work icon14.gif

But I have a question. My trafficlights seem to act a bit weird. They work, but when cars take a green light and then go around the corner, they wait for the other red light sometimes. (the other direction, 90 degrees rotated towards the previous light) I have a nod in the middle of the cross section, just like in the original SA, and I apply all directions correctly I hope. (the light facing the orientation) Is there any way to solve my little problem? confused.gif

johnhurc
  • johnhurc

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

sorry bump the link is dead

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

It works, you need to click the link then click the same link on the following page. It is an error page or something, or a page about hotlinking, I don't know, I can't read russian.

Tool is in English, thankfully. Just look at the download link, and see that link on the page where it led to, it will work.

Parsa.h
  • Parsa.h

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

link is corupted.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:55 PM Edited by ZAZ, 08 February 2011 - 10:02 PM.

QUOTE (Deniska @ Jun 30 2007, 22:54)
Out of curiosity, how big is your mod, Den?

in IMG about 4000 new objects by me (not convert from anywhere)
and about 1500 made by Myhajlo and team...
I working with east and team working with west side of map...

So about paths... look at picture

user posted image

This just main roads for cars and some ped paths...beleave me - its working...
As you see - selected shape not few meters (its few kilometers)... So i dont
know why its not working for AAD... Also one way traffic and highway working too...
Yes, have 2 limits for path shapes
1 - only 1 spline
2 - shapes must be opened

I dont think what it is error...

For instance, with the (off topic) dff script, no matter what settings I choose, it ALWAYS export very bright dff, so I must export only 1 dff at a time with Kams

May be you have very ligth prelit, or white NVC... So PM me how you prelit your model
and ill try help you...

would you help please, what do i wrong?
ingame i must wait 1 minute till cars appear, then they drive around the first point

download maxfiles (3dmax7) and nodes.dat

could you show again a screenshot with correct splines

user posted image
no traffic lights created, i just set pathwith to 1.0 and left lanes to 0, then pressed store button

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

maybe weird to bump this topic but lately im getting this error > see screeny

http://s187.photobuc...t=bug_paths.png

user posted image

it only conflicts at 1 newly created line, recreating that line and trying again doesnt work also i have tried

- creating new max file and draw lines in there and export ( sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt work) and i get the same error

so i was hoping that someone could help me out with this strange error.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Jul 5 2007, 17:33) That happened with my tool as well, though. I guess we're missing something in the file format. What I remember is that this happened at area borders, where a node is connected to a node of another file. I managed to get rid of some of them by avoiding navi node links across borders, but that didn't solve the problem completely.

As for the delayed crashes, SA streams path area files on demand, so it's likely there's an error in (at least) one of the files and the game crashes when you get near it, but works fine when you're not.
all point in navi nodes - lets make compare between 2 nodes
1 node = (areaID1, nodeID1)
2 node = (areaID2, nodeID2)

So 1>2 if areaID1>areaID2 or else if nodeID1>nodeID2

Now - navi node always have direction from 2 to 1 if 2>1 and
from 1 to 2 if 1>2

And more info -
navi links for each node must be sorted too...

I tested special at borders of zones - and no crashes for me...

question - did you try my tool ?

QUOTE But I can imagine that the "intersection behaviour" is just a flag that makes cars continue driving till they reached the next node. Maybe it is like the TrafficLights with N S W E

in original SA paths - this parameter is "1" if TRAF LIGHT have direction same as
navi node.... And "0" - if another...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please explain this again. Is an old thread but I am having the issue of "super sonic car speed/warping".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users