Photo

SA path tool

35 replies to this topic
Deniska
  • Deniska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

Max script for export nodes**.dat files... Traffic lights support...
Used Steve's interface, so it will be familiar for you...

DOWNLOAD
  • MasterHK likes this

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:59 AM

/me undoes belt, lubes up, and gets to wanking.

Awesome, I cant wait to test it smile.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (dertyjerzian™ @ Jun 28 2007, 00:59)
/me undoes belt, lubes up, and gets to wanking.

Awesome, I cant wait to test it smile.gif

Dont be suprised derty, i tested it and i can guarantee making paths or at least exporting them wont even work properly. here are a few things i hate about this bad clone of steve-m script.

here comes

- no multiple spline export, (created multiple splines but atached to form 1 spline)
- closed splines wont export
- only small paths from a few meters work correctly
- combinding car and ped paths wont work like it should,
- so only 1 kind of paths is possbile to use, or create car or create ped.

And i bet there is even more that just isnt usable or wont work. I rather use steve-m script because that one just exports all stuff you want no matter what you created. devil.gif devil.gif

Please Deniska do something about it dont just release stuff that is harder to use then any other tool arround, add those fuetures i said that were not working and then it may turn out to be a good tool.

BYE

Aad.

Deniska
  • Deniska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

1. This is not clone of Steve's script

- no multiple spline export, (created multiple splines but atached to form 1 spline)

????

- closed splines wont export

JUST OPEN IT

- only small paths from a few meters work correctly
- combinding car and ped paths wont work like it should,
- so only 1 kind of paths is possbile to use, or create car or create ped.

I DONT KNOW, ITS WORKING FOR ME...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And 1more thing - I make script...and final target is my mod, not tool for
making mod.... Its working for me... And if you can't use it - just use
another tool...

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:02 PM Edited by dertyjerzian™, 30 June 2007 - 07:04 PM.

I havent unpacked this yet, I appreciate the heads up, thank you aad.

Deniska, it works fine for you, but aad says he is limited to peds or cars, not both, etc etc

????

I guess this means that he had to attatch all splines to form only one. This can't be efficient.

Out of curiosity, how big is your mod, Den? Do you not need every feature of paths? I'd be in your debt forever and ever if you fine tuned your tools.

For instance, with the (off topic) dff script, no matter what settings I choose, it ALWAYS export very bright dff, so I must export only 1 dff at a time with Kams.

A lot of things lately, but mainly the complicated workflows of modding SA, has slowed me down. (not a bad thing at all smile.gif ) I hope to hear from you on these issues.

Deniska
  • Deniska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:54 PM

Out of curiosity, how big is your mod, Den?

in IMG about 4000 new objects by me (not convert from anywhere)
and about 1500 made by Myhajlo and team...
I working with east and team working with west side of map...

So about paths... look at picture

user posted image

This just main roads for cars and some ped paths...beleave me - its working...
As you see - selected shape not few meters (its few kilometers)... So i dont
know why its not working for AAD... Also one way traffic and highway working too...
Yes, have 2 limits for path shapes
1 - only 1 spline
2 - shapes must be opened

I dont think what it is error...

For instance, with the (off topic) dff script, no matter what settings I choose, it ALWAYS export very bright dff, so I must export only 1 dff at a time with Kams

May be you have very ligth prelit, or white NVC... So PM me how you prelit your model
and ill try help you...

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:24 AM Edited by xrk, 01 July 2007 - 11:36 AM.

I just tested this script with more or less all of portland's car paths and it seems to work fine so far, cars behaved exactly as they were suppose to everywhere I looked.

I guess this means that he had to attatch all splines to form only one. This can't be efficient.

No.. its the opposite way around to that, if you put "show numbered vertex" on. A selected spline should go from 1 to whatever amount of vertices you have and you can export multiple splines they just cant be attached to each other

user posted image

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (xrk @ Jul 1 2007, 11:24)
I just tested this script with more or less all of portland's car paths and it seems to work fine so far, cars behaved exactly as they were suppose to everywhere I looked.

No.. its the opposite way around to that, if you put "show numbered vertex" on. A selected spline should go from 1 to whatever amount of vertices you have and you can export multiple splines they just cant be attached to each other

user posted image

by merging several paths of several mods together you will have several splines for the paths, but when attaching them i cant export them with your tool Deniska, and like XRK says they cant be atached.,

and after looking futher into the path editing i tried the path ID numbers they worked somehow but adding peds, boats , and cars into 1 single pathfile wont work,

currently only got cars and peds running together in the path file.

and i think i need to apologise a bit but then again it really needs some improvement to fit my demands.

Cya

Aad. mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

Im getting crashes now..
After adding ped paths the game started freezing up between 30 seconds and 5mins of playing?

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:14 AM

Welcome to our problem Xrk, with VCSA we have this random crash all the time, whatever script we used.

But instead, only car paths seems to crash our game.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

@ Paroxum and Xrk, didnt you knew there were limits for the total lenght and amount of coordinates used for paths, i doubt that u have used up it all but then again there are some limits of the path size, i also had some crashes when doing the whole Illnorth for Myriad Islands.

Good luck anyone with this path tool i still cant get my head arround with multiple splines, even when i create 1 spline the tool f*cks with me and says i have multiple splines etc hate it, and also the stupid cars warping to outerspace bug i dont know how to get rid of them. dozingoff.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Jul 3 2007, 20:54)
and also the stupid cars warping to outerspace bug i dont know how to get rid of them. dozingoff.gif

That happened with my tool as well, though. I guess we're missing something in the file format. What I remember is that this happened at area borders, where a node is connected to a node of another file. I managed to get rid of some of them by avoiding navi node links across borders, but that didn't solve the problem completely.

As for the delayed crashes, SA streams path area files on demand, so it's likely there's an error in (at least) one of the files and the game crashes when you get near it, but works fine when you're not.

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Jul 5 2007, 18:33)
QUOTE (aad @ Jul 3 2007, 20:54)
and also the stupid cars warping to outerspace bug i dont know how to get rid of them. dozingoff.gif

That happened with my tool as well, though. I guess we're missing something in the file format. What I remember is that this happened at area borders, where a node is connected to a node of another file. I managed to get rid of some of them by avoiding navi node links across borders, but that didn't solve the problem completely.

As for the delayed crashes, SA streams path area files on demand, so it's likely there's an error in (at least) one of the files and the game crashes when you get near it, but works fine when you're not.

I also testet this method. If you only use 2 Nodes, one in section 1 and one in Section 2 (for Example) it doesnt work, and it only sometimes work if you use more sections.
If you have a look to the original Car-Path then you'll see that there are links between 2 files too. At the moment I am working on a possibillity to draw the links and the navi vectors to an image. Maybe this will give some information. I believe that this behaviour between 2 files has to do something with the unknown intersection behaviour flags of the navi nodes. I dont know it cause I havent testet enought. But I can imagine that the "intersection behaviour" is just a flag that makes cars continue driving till they reached the next node. Maybe it is like the TrafficLights with N S W E.

I have to do more tests with this. The starnge thing is that Intersecion Navis only seem to be linked back to the section from one side.

So for Example Nodes0.dat and Nodes1.dat in Nodes0.dat all Navi-Nodes are linked back to the rest of the Nodes0-Entries. But in Nodes1.dat some Navi`s are linked to Nodes0.dat, too!

Strange... ^^

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:03 PM

What's the maximum nodes or vertexs in a path Aad was talking about ? Because for VCSA the whole path is only one spline, of over 7500 vertex for cars, and more for peds.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

I don't think there are any limits, at least not in the file format (other than the obvious data type limitations, such as 2^16 nodes per area).

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Jul 6 2007, 16:39)
I don't think there are any limits, at least not in the file format (other than the obvious data type limitations, such as 2^16 nodes per area).

The only limit I know are too much navi-links so that values in section 5 are to high for UInt16 (Depents on Nodefile)

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Aschratt @ Jul 6 2007, 17:59)

The only limit I know are too much navi-links so that values in section 5 are to high for UInt16 (Depents on Nodefile)

Yea, that's what I said. And there's the limit of 15 links from one node (2^4-1), but i doubt anyone would reach that.

Edit: Sorry, you're right. Actually there can be only 1024 navi nodes per area, i.e. 1024 vehicle path segments. Is that what you meant, aad?

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:51 PM Edited by Aschratt, 06 July 2007 - 06:00 PM.

QUOTE (steve-m @ Jul 6 2007, 17:05)
QUOTE (Aschratt @ Jul 6 2007, 17:59)

Yea, that's what I said. And there's the limit of 15 links from one node (2^4-1), but i doubt anyone would reach that.

Actually I'd mean the mathmatical Limit of 1024 (2 ^ 10) Navilinks in Section 5! tounge.gif

Deniska
  • Deniska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Jul 5 2007, 17:33)

all point in navi nodes - lets make compare between 2 nodes
1 node = (areaID1, nodeID1)
2 node = (areaID2, nodeID2)

So 1>2 if areaID1>areaID2 or else if nodeID1>nodeID2

Now - navi node always have direction from 2 to 1 if 2>1 and
from 1 to 2 if 1>2

And more info -
navi links for each node must be sorted too...

I tested special at borders of zones - and no crashes for me...

question - did you try my tool ?

But I can imagine that the "intersection behaviour" is just a flag that makes cars continue driving till they reached the next node. Maybe it is like the TrafficLights with N S W E

in original SA paths - this parameter is "1" if TRAF LIGHT have direction same as
navi node.... And "0" - if another...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

Ah, that makes sense. Sure it stops the "stupid cars warping to outer space bug" from occuring?

And no, I haven't tried your tool yet.

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Jul 6 2007, 22:34)
Ah, that makes sense. Sure it stops the "stupid cars warping to outer space bug" from occuring?

And no, I haven't tried your tool yet.

Great news! It does!

I've testet you tool Deniska. Realy... great work! Since I created parts of a car path using it I dont have any problems with cars shooting up to space. I'm going to test this stuiff in my tool too! Thanks for the great findings.

I've createt a pretty complex path using your tool and have no crashes. I also testet more than one lane and only 1 lane per line. It was still a little bit confusing but I think now I know that the sinde (right/left) you have to see from where your path-line starts. ^^

PEDs also working great. And I testet junctions with more than 4 Links. No problem! Great Great work!

Only PathWidth for Car-Path dont seem to have any influense (But Its exportet correctly!). Thats silly but I managed it by creating one line for each side of the road.

Sometimes it would be better to set Flags only for single Nodes so you dont have to start a completely new line everytime.

Thanks for this great tool! (I know I said it 100 times but well done wink.gif )

Harmalarm
  • Harmalarm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Hi,

sounds great and all, but i cant get it to work properly.

I set up ped-paths and they work fine, but my car-paths constantly crash the game. I've given every seperate path a diffrent ID. Do i need to do that.

my car path needs to be a single car path, do i need to set only one lane? ( left or right?)

any ideas?

a tutorial would be nice... sarcasm.gif

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Harmalarm @ Jul 14 2007, 14:53)
Hi,

sounds great and all, but i cant get it to work properly.

I set up ped-paths and they work fine, but my car-paths constantly crash the game. I've given every seperate path a diffrent ID. Do i need to do that.

my car path needs to be a single car path, do i need to set only one lane? ( left or right?)

any ideas?

a tutorial would be nice... sarcasm.gif

mmhh... maybe rebuilding your archive helps! wink.gif

Deniska
  • Deniska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Harmalarm @ Jul 14 2007, 13:53)
I've given every seperate path a diffrent ID. Do i need to do that.

NO WAY... dont change Path ID... leave it by default...

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Deniska @ Jul 14 2007, 16:45)
QUOTE (Harmalarm @ Jul 14 2007, 13:53)
I've given every seperate path a diffrent ID. Do i need to do that.

NO WAY... dont change Path ID... leave it by default...

Deniska, maybe a litle to late for this message, but what i wanted to know, earlier on i said multiple splines cant be exported or atached splines cause then you will get the message shape01 or something like that exists of more then 1 spline. Now when using path id numbers it was possible to add all my multiple paths into 1 path file but is there any easier way? Creating miles of paths from only 1 spline is frustating accidently right clicking is fatal and you will understand.

So Deniska please let me know whats the best way of getting some bug free or at least some nice paths. dozingoff.gif

Harmalarm
  • Harmalarm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hi,

in regard to my earlier post i think i first have to say that i really digg this tool! Great work!

I've managed to get the car paths working, but i have just one question. My highway is a circle, but in the readme it says i cannot close a spline. is there a way to close my highway... Now, at both ends all cars crash into one another when trying to turn around... funny, but not what i want. smile.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Harmalarm @ Jul 16 2007, 12:52)
Hi,

in regard to my earlier post i think i first have to say that i really digg this tool! Great work!

I've managed to get the car paths working, but i have just one question. My highway is a circle, but in the readme it says i cannot close a spline. is there a way to close my highway... Now, at both ends all cars crash into one another when trying to turn around... funny, but not what i want. smile.gif

let them overlap just 1 section at the end and dont close them, that will fix it, and be sure you checked the highway flag

and its a common problem cars crashing and turning on ends , i get that all the time i dont know if there is any way of getting rid of all these idiotic problems without closing the spline anyway good luck.

to bad paths cant be edited the way i wanted , just in a visual editor without the need of 3dsmax,.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

3dsmax isn't a visual editor? moto_whistle.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:55 AM Edited by aad, 02 August 2007 - 08:28 PM.

im speechles atm, dont know what to say about it whether its good or bad, i think its just me who f*ckes up all these things, i try to make paths the way they should be made but somehow im always having bugs in them.

so pathmaking is now actualy on a hold for me now untill someone explains me the way how to create bug free and nicely working paths.

cya

Aad.

Ps:
And i still apologise for beeing so rude to everyone deniska, steve-m i somehow hoped to see something like patheditor v1,5 for vice city but to be more accurate a modeling program will be needed yes, so nevermind my reaction.

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

Useless, since we need 3dsmax to snap our spline's vertex to the roads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users