aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Sep 8 2008, 18:21)
QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 8 2008, 16:49)
BTW, has anybody got a video of getting ready for the Gant Bridge jump, I've only seen vids with the actual jump. I'm kind of looking for the easiest way to get up there.

You'll have to go up the scaffolding. Never looked for another way though.

Oh darn. I was afraid of that. See my first attempt to get up there was rather long and embarrassing, then I ended up dead after the jump. I did get the bonus, but died right after since I hit the bridge column. So I didn't save. Is there an angle I can try to take that won't hit the column?

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Sep 8 2008, 18:25)
You can also wheelie a bike over the railing from the bridge above, - high risk of ending up in the water though.

Ah so, this is what I hoped to hear. Thanks GTA Phreak. But I also had hoped there would be a sweet spot that would be easy but I missed that when I went looking up there. It's so close and tempting. But with my modest skills I'd probably end up in the drink. *sigh*

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

After you've managed it once I recommend finding a more interesting jump to play with. The Gant Bridge sucks. It's been cut from the chain game. Also, if the barriers to LV are up it can't be completed. I think I'll pull it from the challenge.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:21 PM Edited by GTA Phreak, 08 September 2008 - 05:23 PM.

I just had an idea, and it worked:

Pic: (http://img380.images...19125040oj9.jpg)

It's fairly trivial to bunnyhop over the rail, - use bunny assisted take-off for the jump.

There's a convenient BMX spawn nearby.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Sep 8 2008, 20:21)
I just had an idea, and it worked:
It's fairly trivial to bunnyhop over the rail, - use bunny assisted take-off for the jump.

Haa, very interesting idea! I'll try that, if nothing else then it will be just fun even if I fail biggrin.gif

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 8 2008, 20:01)
After you've managed it once I recommend finding a more interesting jump to play with. The Gant Bridge sucks. It's been cut from the chain game. Also, if the barriers to LV are up it can't be completed. I think I'll pull it from the challenge.

Yeah, I just want to do it once in my master save.
Seeing it in your challenge list made me come up with these questions. But it would be good to see it gone or be totally optional.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

At one point I tried to get a vortex to fall over the rail, drop through the start zone, and then float to the landing zone. I was hoping it might work with the barriers up, but no luck. Couldn't get it to fall correctly.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Gant Bridge jump on a bicycle - cool idea, Phreak smile.gif

Apart from that I'm with OrionSR - the Gant Bridge jump sucks. Good idea to cut it from the challenge...

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:15 AM

With clickable links re-enabled, the latest medal achievements have been added to the front page.

Congrats once again: OrionSR for platinum and cacarla for silver on Katie Jumps.

Kusak
  • Kusak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:43 PM Edited by Kusak, 14 December 2008 - 11:16 PM.

Hi guys,

after a lot of practicing the "Katie Jumps"-Challenge, I can proudly present you a medal-run !

Katie Jumps by Kusak

Damn, that wasn´t easy!

Greetings !

PS: Next time i fear i´ll have to go for 15 Jumps suicidal.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

Hallo Kusak, sehr nettes Video und Glückwünsche auf einem feinen Lauf!

Hello Kusak, very nice video and congratulations on a fine run!

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Kusak @ Dec 14 2008, 17:43)
after a lot of practicing the "Katie Jumps"-Challenge, I can proudly present you a medal-run !

Katie Jumps by Kusak
Woo-hoo, 14 jumps - excellent achievement. icon14.gif biggrin.gif And a fine video too, some insane jumping there lol.gif .

Well-deserved Platinum Medal, Kusak, congrats!
(added to the front page.)

Note:
The jump at Foster Mall (no. 13 in video) is one of the Chain Game's additions and not in the original game. It's also not in the published save for the rally, but Kusak is testing the new save which loads on Katie's porch (rather than at Doherty) and has the engineless NRG in her mission sphere. The new save will also have this one extra jump, so the new max. no. of jumps will be 15 then. Platinum standard will remain at 14 though, that should be obsessive enough.

Kusak
  • Kusak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:07 PM

Vielen Dank JAJ + Rubregg !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users