• This topic is locked This topic is locked
250 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:12 AM Edited by OrionSR, 05 September 2008 - 11:29 AM.

Just figured out how to jump into the SF airport on either side of the... mote out front. The left side is a fairly consistent jump. Still wringing the bugs out of the right side jump. It should save a lot of time if I don't need to go through the guardhouse.

Update:

"Holy, crap." as Katie would say. This is not what I was expecting. No wonder I've been having problems with my landing zones. I need to revise my theory on what this data means. Below is an optional IPL file that marks the boundaries of the "landing" zones for the Katie jumps.

Katie Jumps Landing Markers (http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html)

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

A minor update: Got 9 jumps lol.gif icon14.gif . Orion, you're jump strategy seems good to me but how about adding one jump right near the banks of the water so that we can access it to get into the airport? Or do we have to take the route through the gate, then get on the runway?

Also you guys saw the jump right next the San Fierro medical centre( there's one adjoining the building), is that a unique jump?? So do we have 15 in total?

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 5 2008, 11:12)
Just figured out how to jump into the SF airport on either side of the... mote out front.

"Holy, crap." as Katie would say. This is not what I was expecting. No wonder I've been having problems with my landing zones. Below is an optional IPL file that marks the boundaries of the "landing" zones for the Katie jumps.

Katie Jumps Landing Markers (http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html)

What is a mote please?

Would it be possible to get a beginner's guide on how to put in ipl files? I have the armory ipl waiting, and this landing zones would probably also help, but I'd need newbie's step-by-step guide what to do.

cacarla
  • cacarla

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

Yup, even i'd like to know what a mote is? blush.gif .

@Afinn: You can download the Katie Jumps 2T file. It is beautifully designed with all probable help being provided like No wanted level, Jumps marked clearly. You could watch the fantastic video provided by rubregg and orion when they completed their 14 jumps. Also, damn even you kow to operate the Ipl files huh lol.gif icon14.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (cacarla @ Sep 5 2008, 03:06)
A minor update: Got 9 jumps lol.gif icon14.gif . Orion, you're jump strategy seems good to me but how about adding one jump right near the banks of the water so that we can access it to get into the airport? Or do we have to take the route through the gate, then get on the runway?

Also you guys saw the jump right next the San Fierro medical centre( there's one adjoining the building), is that a unique jump?? So do we have 15 in total? The mostly north angle is much easier. Start up the grass hill a ways from the camera spawn and find a good line between the post. On the east

Congrats on the Silver Medal, cacarla. Any feedback on how the goals influence, represent, or encourage your progress would be appreciated.

At this point we are working with default configurations plus just what we need to help with the rally. Otherwise the new saves are perfectly normal starter saves. I don't think we'll be adding extra ramp objects or new unique stunts for this event. However, we could always start a new rally with different requirements. I would suggest something in another area, something that could be built into a larger epic cross-state rally. And no, that ramp by the hospital isn't unique. Too, bad. It would be great for barrel roll stunts.

No, you do not need to use the airport gates. You can take the long was around and jump down from the hillside, but that would waste a lot of time. Or, you can learn the stunts to jump the mote. A mote (sp?) is the water that surrounds a castle. There's no draw bridge, but I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Anyway, if you get the angle right, it's not too difficult to cut across the water from the road to the tarmac and miss the fence. The mostly north angle is much easier. Start up the grass hill a ways from the camera spawn and find a good line between the post. On the eastward jump is tricky. Start in the intersections under the freeway and stay on the road, lean right at the bottom of the hill, then lean left and forward as you cross the last road.

SF Mote East (http://img399.images...moteeastkh2.jpg)
SF Mote North (http://img399.images...otenorthak6.jpg)
Magic Katie Ride (http://img206.images...01025748go6.jpg)

Will work up IPL instructions. Give me a bit.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

Katie Jump Markers (http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html)

Instruction for installing the optional IPL:

Open Windows Explorer and browse to the San Andreas Program\Data folder. Usually:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data

Make a backup copy of gta.dat. I advise making a backup of the Map folder as well. It is not very large.

Make a new folder under data\ named IPL\

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\IPL\

Place katieusj.ipl in this folder.

Browse to data\ and open gta.dat with Notepad or other text editor (not Word). Scroll to the bottom of the file.

Locate audiozon.ipl and SPLASH loadsc4. Place a reference line to the optional IPL file as shown below between these two lines.

CODE
IPL DATA\MAPS\audiozon.ipl

IPL data\ipl\katieusj.ipl

SPLASH loadsc4

I also have the chain game armory objects added to my list of IPL files. The example below shows my old line (commented out with a # symbol) and my current location for this file. You can remove the optional objects by commenting the reference line for that file.
CODE

# IPL DATA\chain\armorobj.ipl
IPL DATA\ipl\armorobj.ipl
IPL data\ipl\katieusj.ipl

SPLASH loadsc4

Save the text file, and restart San Andreas. Inst objects will appear on any save. Other types of IPL lines require a new game start.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 5 2008, 21:13)
A mote (sp?) is the water that surrounds a castle. There's no draw bridge, but I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Will work up IPL instructions. Give me a bit.

Ah! Now I know what it is. Thanks. I looked it up from Finnish-English dictionary and it gives the spelling as moat. Thanks a lot for the pics and explanation on the routes, will help us a lot.

And thanks a lot for the IPL instructions. I have plans to try that and practise with the 2T Katie Jumps save tomorrow if things go as planned.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:27 AM

Congrats on your silver medal, cacarla icon14.gif

@OrionSR
...your landing zone markers... just an idea, have you considered the different coordinates for jumps in script / ipl format? I guess you have...

they seem off, but mainly way too small (pick'n save!) mercie_blink.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:46 AM Edited by OrionSR, 06 September 2008 - 09:58 AM.

Here is another set of jump objects. All standard jumps are included. Two files, one for starting zones and another for "landing" zones.

Unique Stunt Jumps - San Andreas - Object Markers (http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html)

I was very much surprised by the landing zones as well. Look at them again, but this time consider them as in-air goal zones. CJ must fly from start zone to goal zone, after that it doesn't matter where he lands. See if the zones make more sense then.

All coordinates are based on the game scripts; center point, plus and minus Radius settings. The uniquely colored markers in the bottom, south, west, and top, north, east should be the coordinates recorded in the save file.

Added:

Objects for the Chain Game Unique Jumps (http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html)

CODE

# My IPLs
#IPL DATA\IPL\pick.ipl
#IPL DATA\IPL\enex.ipl
#IPL DATA\IPL\jump.ipl
#IPL DATA\IPL\cars.ipl

# Chain Game IPLs
#IPL DATA\chain\armorobj.ipl
#IPL DATA\ipl\armorobj.ipl

# Jump Zone Objects
#IPL data\ipl\katieusj.IPL
IPL data\ipl\usj_cg_obj.ipl
IPL data\ipl\usj_sa_start.IPL
IPL data\ipl\usj_sa_land.IPL

SPLASH loadsc4

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:02 AM

Do these new files go to same place as the Katie Jumps ipl instructions above? I would guess so, but just making sure before I make my editing.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 6 2008, 02:02)
Do these new files go to same place as the Katie Jumps ipl instructions above? I would guess so, but just making sure before I make my editing.

Yes. Sorry. I suppose I should start writing help files. It doesn't matter where the files go as long they are under the data folder so San Andreas can find them, and you add a reference to that location in gta.dat. However, may as well keep everything together in the same folder. Then you can copy and paste the working IPL lines and modify the filename accordingly.

I had them all loaded at once for a while.

70 Standard Jumps
20 Chain Game Jumps
16 Markers for each jump
1440 Objects

I was surprise the game didn't protest.

I'll update that other message.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 6 2008, 12:55)
Yes. Sorry. I suppose I should start writing help files.

I'll update that other message.

Thanks a lot. Sorry for all the questions, but since I have never done this before I want to make sure I'll do it the right way so I don't end up reinstalling the game in the end, lol.
Since all this is basic stuff for you, it must be difficult to think how a newbie thinks biggrin.gif

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:50 PM

I just put in the ipl files, and it seems to have worked. My game didn't crash and the armory has the extra items, and the jumps show markers.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 4 2008, 02:38)
The time was reset to just before noon.
Katie Jumps 2T
*2T has max wanted level set to 0 and lightblue blips marking the jumps.

I just tried the 2T save for the first time, had a rather random route, did 9 jumps, 7 of which I got the bonus. I didn't look, but if the save loads at noon, why did Katie bail after 21.00 on me? Has the bail time been edited on this practise save? I understood from before that she bails out after 6 minutes?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 6 2008, 08:50)
I just put in the ipl files, and it seems to have worked. My game didn't crash and the armory has the extra items, and the jumps show markers.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 4 2008, 02:38)
The time was reset to just before noon.
Katie Jumps 2T
*2T has max wanted level set to 0 and lightblue blips marking the jumps.

I just tried the 2T save for the first time, had a rather random route, did 9 jumps, 7 of which I got the bonus. I didn't look, but if the save loads at noon, why did Katie bail after 21.00 on me? Has the bail time been edited on this practise save? I understood from before that she bails out after 6 minutes?

On the Training version of the save the date doesn't fail with Katie for 3 minutes, then the 6 minute timer kicks in.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:10 PM Edited by rubregg, 06 September 2008 - 09:31 PM.

@aFinn
Hehehe, actually I can very well understand your confusion about the IPLs etc. It's not too long ago that I started to learn about modding and I must have been at least as confused as you. Don't worry, it gets clearer after a while. And don't hesitate to ask. smile.gif

Having a look here (http://www.gtamoddin...=Item_Placement) might help.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 6 2008, 20:06)
On the Training version of the save the date doesn't fail with Katie for 3 minutes, then the 6 minute timer kicks in.

Ah so! This explains it. Thanks, very good idea to give extra time for practise. icon14.gif
I had second try, this time going for route rather than succession. I did not go back to try again if I missed the bonus. I missed some (too many) bonuses, and I still only managed 13 jumps in 9 minutes, without 4-stars. I suck. Though I did lose time in 2 unsuccesful tries at hospital jump, that I did try 2 times on this go. I can't seem to get Michelle jump, Doherty jump or the stadium jump together. Plus I am having big difficulties with the jump to west from Michelle towards Katie's house.

QUOTE (rubregg @ Sep 7 2008, 00:10)
@aFinn
Hehehe, actually I can very well understand your confusion about the IPLs etc. It's not too long ago that I started to learn about modding and I must have been at least as confused as you. Don't worry, it gets clearer after a while. And don't hesitate to ask. smile.gif

Having a look here (http://www.gtamoddin...=Item_Placement) might help.

Thanks rubregg. May I just say you seem like a very nice guy and you are very supportive icon14.gif
As you may have noticed, I am not ashamed to ask. I like to know what I am doing, and I'd rather ask than mess things up.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 7 2008, 00:05)
Thanks rubregg. May I just say you seem like a very nice guy and you are very supportive  icon14.gif

Thanks a lot mate, compliment returned biggrin.gif
QUOTE (aFinn @ cont.)
As you may have noticed, I am not ashamed to ask. I like to know what I am doing, and I'd rather ask than mess things up.

Perfect. This is Mission Help after all... smile.gif

Anyway, here's a little something that came up during save file testing. Outdoor date, sort of.
http://www.isarapix.org/pix80/1220744408.jpg (http://www.isarapix..../1220744408.jpg)
She stayed with CJ and got back on the bike when we were back on the shore.

cacarla
  • cacarla

• Members

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

Alright,

CODE

#
#  Interiors
#
SPLASH loadsc4

Orion, this is the details of my gta.dat file. Should i add the katieusj tagline in between the splash and audiozon.ipl by erasing the interiors and Hash marks or just add the usj above the interior line.

@ On topic: the YKBB factory jump is really making me break my head guys. I never trigger the Slo-mo camera in either of the save files(2t and the actual one). I feel that the mistake is definitely on my side but i desperately need help. I've got speed but still the camera doesnt show up. I havent checked the jump markers savefile yet. I'll do that and get back when i'm free. Thanks.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

Oops, sorry. I had forgotten that one of the tools I tested got rid of my comments in this file. I put those comments back (I think) and disabled all my extra IPLs except for katieusj. Now the end of my gta.dat looks like the code below. It doesn't really matter though. The lines that start with # are not executed, so it wouldn't matter if your code went before or after the comments, or if those lines are missing completely.

CODE

# My IPLs
#IPL DATA\IPL\pick.ipl
#IPL DATA\IPL\enex.ipl
#IPL DATA\IPL\jump.ipl
#IPL DATA\IPL\cars.ipl

# Chain Game IPLs
#IPL DATA\chain\armorobj.ipl
#IPL DATA\ipl\armorobj.ipl

# Jump Zone Objects
IPL data\ipl\katieusj.IPL
#IPL data\ipl\usj_cg_obj.ipl
#IPL data\ipl\usj_sa_start.IPL
#IPL data\ipl\usj_sa_land.IPL

#
#  Interiors
#
SPLASH loadsc4

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

While I was testing out how the weather changes over time I came up with a couple ideas for new challenges. The ideas are still a bit vague, but might be developed into full fledge Rally events if people show an interest.

Long Distance Dating: 3 minutes each way

What is the furthest destination possible for a successful food date?
How many of the establishments preferred by a girlfriend are within reach if you find a good route?

Example: I was using a Katie Jump Training save with the wanted level disabled and barriers removed, but this should work on any post Yay Ka-Boom Boom save. Katie prefers Diners, usually marked with a milkshake icon. Perhaps this challenge would be better if adapted for Barbara but the notes on difficulty are for Katie.

Katie and Barbara - Diners
Helena and Millie - Restaurants
Michelle and Denise - Bars
*Denise - Fast Food

Diners:
Juniper - close
Pier 69 - close
Tierra Robada (truck stop) - close
Blueberry (bar icon) - moderate
Dillimore (truck stop) - moderate
Fort Carson - moderate
Fort Carson - moderate
Santa Maria Pier - challenging
Redsands Ballpark - challenging
Venturas Steaks (Old Strip) - almost made it
East Beach (LS) - impossible?

Restaurants:
Las Barrancas - largest cow
SF Downtown - adjacent to Zombotech
Rodeo - near Victim
Biffin Bridge Hotel - near Queens hideout
Old Venturas Strip - Vice
Redsands West - Steakhouse (not the diner named Restaurant)

Bars:
LS Disco Bar - Idlewood
SF Disco Bar - Queens
LV Disco Bar - Camel Toe
Ganton - 10 Green Bottles
Garcia - Misty's
North of Ft Carson - Lil Probe Inn (UFO)
Old Venturas Strip - Craw Bar

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:08 PM Edited by OrionSR, 08 September 2008 - 11:41 PM.

The other idea is also based on test version of the Katie Trainer save with no barriers or wanted level, but I'm working to adapt it for all girlfriends.

Epic Dating Jumps

The main idea is that a food date can be extended to 12 minutes if you make a stop for food at the 3 minute mark. It doesn't matter if the girl likes the food since this is a failed date mission anyway.

How many of the specified unique jumps can be completed within the time allowed? The jumps are chosen to be in different areas of the map and easy to score with a passenger. The challenge is route planning, not difficult jumps. Details can be adjusted.

Jump Map by dark52 (http://faqs.darkspyr...to_sa_jumps.png)

Challenge: In order to count as a successful run one of the following remote jumps must be completed last.
55 - Arco del Oeste
35 - Panopticon to SF Airport
62 - Emerald Isle North
53 - Gant Bridge (jump sucks)
38 - Cobra Run

Jump List: others are optional
11 - East Beach Ped Overpass
16, 17, or 18 - Mulholland Intersection
19 - Out of Gully in Commerce LS
25 or 26 - Broken Bridge at Palomino Creek
32 - Blueberry Acres Barn Roof
56 - Chicken Jump in Las Payasadas
65 - Creek Hideout Ramp

That's what I had for Katie (Arco for the finisher and not in that order).
I'm considering adding a few more in other sections of the map. Maybe:

02 - LS Dock Pair Southbound
23 - Santa Maria Pier
37 - Angel Pine Ramp
44 - Doherty Transfender
51 - Katie's Diner

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

This page does not load for me, would it be possible to upload this map to another image hosting service?

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 7 2008, 17:20)

This page does not load for me, would it be possible to upload this map to another image hosting service?

Here, try this:
(http://img300.images...ajumpsbyer2.png)

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 7 2008, 23:20)

You might also want to have a look here, I don't know if the numbers match the other map but it's got map and ingame screenshots.
http://hem.bredband.net/708145/jumps.html (http://hem.bredband....8145/jumps.html)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

The hem.bredband.net numbers don't match dark52s. The Jump map hosted at GameFAQs.com was created by dark52. I posted a link to the author's site, but perhaps this link will work better.

(http://www.gamefaqs....le/924362/34098)

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

Had a first brief glance at Diner Dates; flew Katie around in a News Chopper and waited until the time limit was up. For sure, Katie just bailed out of the chopper from great height. She didn't die though, I didn't get the 'Your girlfriend is dead.' message. Maybe she unspawned before hitting the ground? Or survived due to the increased girlfriend health. Anyway, was fun to watch.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

Sorry for the double-post; wanted to edit but ended up clicking in the wrong window.

QUOTE (cacarla @ Sep 7 2008, 17:27)
@ On topic: the YKBB factory jump is really making me break my head guys. I never trigger the Slo-mo camera in either of the save files(2t and the actual one). I feel that the mistake is definitely on my side but i desperately need help. I've got speed but still the camera doesnt show up. I havent checked the jump markers savefile yet. I'll do that and get back when i'm free. Thanks.

Hmm, you mean the jump over the containers from inside the ykbb factory? That one's very easy actually. Maybe you have too much speed? Try starting at the beginning of the ramp and just go straight up the middle of the ramp. Don't touch the containers at the sides.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

Thanks JAJ and OrionSR, those new links worked for me. icon14.gif
And thanks rubregg, interesting site that too with the screencaps etc. I still have some jumps uncompleted so it might help.

BTW, has anybody got a video of getting ready for the Gant Bridge jump, I've only seen vids with the actual jump. I'm kind of looking for the easiest way to get up there.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 8 2008, 16:49)
BTW, has anybody got a video of getting ready for the Gant Bridge jump, I've only seen vids with the actual jump. I'm kind of looking for the easiest way to get up there.

You'll have to go up the scaffolding. Never looked for another way though.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

You can also wheelie a bike over the railing from the bridge above, - high risk of ending up in the water though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users