• This topic is locked This topic is locked
250 replies to this topic
rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:14 AM

@zmoonchild
...actually, on spotting your posting I initially thought: Yes, he's got his gold medal now! So how's it going there, any more endeavours with Katie? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (zmoonchild @ Oct 30 2007, 22:56)
I work in radio doing on-air work, and teach audio production at a local college, so I consider myself an expert in that field.
Cool! Years ago I did some radio too (on-air), but my background is less technical and more musician-currently-on-hiatus.

@zmoonchild & Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic
Thanks for your interest in helping out with Rallies and Chain Game Specials. Ideas are always welcome!

OrionSR has given a very good summary of techniques and tools used in altering the savegames. Don't be shy to ask - I've only just started myself on all this and it certainly took me a while to get rid of my initial confusion... wink.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:11 AM Edited by Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic, 01 November 2007 - 10:58 AM.

@OrionSR: Yeah, here's a link: Link. However, I need to let you know that this is on a v1 save. Sorry, but I don't know how to transfer it onto a v2 save.

To let you know of this starting save, it starts out at the Verdant Bluffs save house (in the kitchen), with the clock at 00:00. An NRG-500 is in the garage. Simply drive out of the garage and onto the freeway (using the route above) in a counter-clockwise direction.

By the way, if you can manage to tweak things up with the spawns and that, that would be great. If you ask me, I'd want it to spawn on the NRG on the middle barrier of the small bridge which goes over the entrance to the tunnel (it's part of the freeway), facing north. icon14.gif

As for the medals, I would set Bronze 9:00, Silver 8:35, Gold 8:10 and Platinum 7:45.

@rubregg: Thanks mate, I'm new to this as well. I've done a lot of the Chain Game rallies with the saves I have, except I never posted any times. I regret that, 'cause by now I would have had some medals already. smile.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:50 PM Edited by rubregg, 02 November 2007 - 05:25 PM.

Garage Editing
I started with something completely different, but ended up deciphering one byte in the Garage Car Structure. I have no idea where to post this, and since it came up here...

What I wanted to do is get an engineless NRG into a garage, and tried this method:

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Aug 6 2007, 04:27)

CODE

0000e960h: 00 0A 02 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF; ...
0000e970h: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF;
0000e980h: FF 01 01 00 00 02 00 FF 00 FF 00 BA BA 00 00 00; ...........

0A 02 - model id of NRG-500
01 01 are the color bytes,
02 00 F F 00 FF 00 BA BA is for Engineless NRGs
02 00 F E 00 FF 00 BA BA is for Standard NRGs

E to F is the only thing I changed, I don't know what anything else does in this section of the garage. The information before the part I copied looks like location information.

From the save game wiki I can see that the x,y,z coordinates of the parked vehicles are already known. I'm talking about the last bit of code:

02 00 FE 00 FF 00 BA BA 00 00

For the standard NRG I had in my garage, these bytes were completely different; especially the FE one you changed to FF, that one was 03. Changing it to 04 didn't produce an engineless NRG - so I just copied that whole block of yours in. It produced an engineless NRG, but in a weird angle.

Anyway, the first byte of this block
02 00 FE 00 FF 00 BA BA 00 00
defines the radio station that plays on entering the parked vehicle. I tried these values:
CODE
00 vehicle has no radio
01 playback fm
02 k Rose
03 k-dst
04 bounce fm
05 sf-ur
06 radio los santos
07 radio x
08 csr 103.9
09 k-jah west
0a master sounds 98.3
0b wctr
0c user track player
0d radio off
0e radio off
0f radio off

Some of the last bytes of that block I quoted define the angle of the vehicle, but I haven't figured out details. How are angles usually given, in degrees or in radians?

Update:
I have an engineless NRG in Mulholland now. The end of the Car Garage Block is:
06 19 00 00 09 00 FF 00 FF 00 E4 5F FF 00

So 06 19 are the colour bytes (what's the code for those, actually?), 00 00 are unknown, 09 is the tuned radio station, 00 unknown, FF unknown (non-FF = normal NRG?), 00 FF 00 unknown and E4 5F seems to be the rotation / angle. To find out whether the rotation is 2 or 4 bytes long, I tried changing the 2 bytes before and after E4 5F as well. Before: neither changing the FF, nor the 00 had any visible effect. After: changing the FF caused the NRG to fall over as soon as the garage door opened. Changing the last 00 had no effect.

@Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic
Glad to hear you've tried out the rallies. Now that you've got some practice, you can still claim medals and post screenshots and all...

I'll give your race a try now...

Update: ...hmmm, this race could do with quite some spicing-up... It's a bit long and all just on the freeway...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:18 PM Edited by OrionSR, 02 November 2007 - 06:26 AM.

Damn, you had to pick the most complicated and undocumented records to mess with, huh? Okay, well... I was planning on taking another shot at creating a new working garage, but decided to follow through on a few ideas on the cargarage structure instead.

Offsets are in hex and begin with 0x00, the Floating point X coordinate:
CODE

0x00 float [3] X, Y, Z coordinates
0x0C bytes? [4] (unknown)
0x10 byte Flags
0x11 byte (unknown)
0x12 word Car ID
0x14 word [15] Upgrade ID (see veh_mods.ide)
0x32 byte [4] Primary Color, Secondary Color, Special Color, (unknown)
0x36 byte Radio (see post by rubregg above)
0x37 byte [2] Vehicle Variation
0x39 byte Bomb type
0x3A byte Paintjob
0x3B byte Nitrous Count
0x3C bytes? [4] unknown - something to do with rotation
CODE

Immunity flags
0x01 = BP
0x02 = FP
0x04 = EP
0x08 = DP
0x10 = (unknown) 5th immunuty?
0x20 = Bass Boost
0x40 = Hydraulics
0x80 = Nitrous

Paintjob numbers
FF = no paintjob
00 = paintjob 1
01 = paintjob 2
02 = paintjob 3
03 = paintjob 4? (won't stick on Flash)

Bomb Type, Garage Type, Description
0x01   2   Bomb shop with 5 second detonator      
0x02   3   Bomb shop with engine ignition detonation      
0x03   4   Bomb shop with remote-control detonator
0x05   3   Engine ignition detonation is armed

My best guess on the rotation bytes would be X rotation, Y rotation, and Z rotation.

Vehicle mods appear to fill the Upgrade words from left to right.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

Man, this discussion got way more technical than I was expecting; I should look here more often. tounge.gif

Zoom: if you ever feel like tinkering with SA audio, just follow the links in my sig. wink.gif

Some random thoughts on rubregg's garage editing post: if you found 2 bytes that are car colors, the next 2 probably are colors as well. In SA, vehicles can have up to 4 colors although only the Camper, Cement truck, and a couple boats are setup to have more than 2.

Angles are almost always given in degrees, but sometimes they are floats and other times they are integers multiplied by a constant. Fun, huh?

Regarding the "engineless" NRG, many vehicles have variations based upon what are called "model extras." For cars this usually involves things like side mirrors or advertising signs. For motorcycles, there are actually 2 independent sets of extras: farings and exhausts. The "engineless" NRG has no faring extra, but may have an exhaust extra. Since the lack of an extra is normally denoted by -1, I would expect that byte to be xFF for engineless NRGs but non-FF otherwise. The thing is, I have no idea where xFE would come from unless somehow the two extras values are combined into one byte as xFE would denote either -2 or 254.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:00 AM Edited by OrionSR, 02 November 2007 - 09:13 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 29 2007, 12:52)
Is there anyone interested in documentation for activating and changing the garage camera in the save file? The garage block has only been partially decoded, and the bits I'm flipping are in the 2nd of the 3 unknown flag bytes at the beginning of the record.

bit 0x02, inactive flag: 6A is locked, 68 is unlocked
bit 0x20, camera follows player - grge door type 5 (4-7?): 48 is normal (Johnson), 68 for El Corona (if active)

Other notes:

bit 0x01, set on Loco Low Co, and Transfender in LS
bit 0x04, used on LS PnSs with shared name (sprLAe)
bit 0x08, set on everything except Airstrip Hangar, SF impound, and AT-400 Hangar

bit 0x10, up and in door: used on Carlton Heights (7A or 78 - type 7) and Wu Zi Mu's type 3 garage
bit 0x40, always set except for PnS and Bomb shops*

*PnS and Bomb shops have the 0x01 bit set in the 1st flag byte, otherwise this is always 00.
The 3rd "flag" byte was always 0x13 on the save I examined. This detail is limited to a single save.

I think I've identified another flag for the garages. This is still offset 0x02 of the garage record structure:

bit 0x80, Michelle's garage - Pay'nSprays are free when they have this bit set.

BTW, I might be having better luck creating new garages. I've got one working, but didn't do anything different than before, so I'm not sure what's up.

Edit: What I did differently this time was modify an existing line in an IPL. Before I copied the code to a new IPL file which loaded after all the others. There seems to be a limit of only 50 garages of any type. When I got the new garage working, Dillimore went dead. When I switched the order my new garage failed to work. So... that settles that then I guess.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

There seems to be a limit of only 50 garages of any type. When I got the new garage working, Dillimore went dead. When I switched the order my new garage failed to work. So... that settles that then I guess. [/color]

QUOTE (save game wiki)
[The garage] block can vary in size although in the unmodified game it will always be 0x23C7 bytes because there are 50 garages defined. The 80 saved vehicles (4 each in 20 garages) is a fixed number and probably cannot be exceeded.
I don't know if additional garages can be added via IPL or mission script, but even if it worked, wouldn't that mess up the save file structure (length of the garage block)? Could the altered length of the garage block cause problems with unmodded mission scripts? ...just a thought...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Nov 2 2007, 06:29)
There seems to be a limit of only 50 garages of any type. When I got the new garage working, Dillimore went dead. When I switched the order my new garage failed to work. So... that settles that then I guess.

QUOTE (save game wiki)
[The garage] block can vary in size although in the unmodified game it will always be 0x23C7 bytes because there are 50 garages defined. The 80 saved vehicles (4 each in 20 garages) is a fixed number and probably cannot be exceeded.
I don't know if additional garages can be added via IPL or mission script, but even if it worked, wouldn't that mess up the save file structure (length of the garage block)? Could the altered length of the garage block cause problems with unmodded mission scripts? ...just a thought...

In the context of the modified chain game saves, a placeholder garage would probably need to be created in a new save through IPL to make room for a garage block copy. Although I'm not sure it is strictly required, it would certainly make things much easier if the source and destination saves had identical garage block sizes.

In general, the game can usually handle changes, the blocks grow or shrink to accommodate. For instance, all of the additional vehicles create a much larger vehicle generator block. Also, the game is constantly changing the size of many blocks. Saving indoors or out, saving at night, etc.; various changes alter the size of certain blocks. I always try to keep things the same length, the edits are much safer that way, but I strongly suspect it would be possible to change many block sizes manually, and then trim or pad the slack as needed before recalculating the check sum.

However, I don't think it's going to work. If the 51st garage is inactive (actually, less than inactive - dead. Inactive garages still have the funky camera angles), then I'm stuck with modifying and shuffling around the garages we have. It might be possible to change some of the mission garages to a bomb shop or PnS, but eventually the game will change their properties during the mission - assuming the game doesn't crash.

Here's a thought: retype a mission garage to a PnS or bomb shop, then rename it so the script can't change it, and run the mission to see what happens. The "target" may not be trapped inside since the doors are open on these garage types. Or in one case, the target drives to the Ammu-nation in Angel Pine, but never makes it that far unless the mission is failed. For some reason, this just seems like a modification that would be most appropriate on a 100% save for download.

The other issue is: what's the point? New save garages are not possible, extra Pay'n'Sprays change the game dynamics, and bomb shops are lame. The only thing that might be worth the trouble, and it's a fairly easy edit, is to change 8-Ball's LS shop into an ignition detonator garage. I got a morbid kick out of leaving surprises for the jackers that hang out at Grove Street. One of them ran off with the Mothership I finally got painted correctly.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Nov 2 2007, 19:17)
The other issue is: what's the point? New save garages are not possible, extra Pay'n'Sprays change the game dynamics, and bomb shops are lame. The only thing that might be worth the trouble, and it's a fairly easy edit, is to change 8-Ball's LS shop into an ignition detonator garage. I got a morbid kick out of leaving surprises for the jackers that hang out at Grove Street. One of them ran off with the Mothership I finally got painted correctly.

That's also a way to look at it. lol.gif

Anyway, I had one idea, but I'm quite sure you thought of that: edited the total number of garages in the garage block?
CODE
0x0000  dword         Number of Garages

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

I didn't think to check the garage count, but this was mostly because the other edits, like vehicle generators, always count things correctly. However, I checked anyway, and the garage count matches the garages entered - nice try though. Interestingly enough, with 7 added garages, burbdo2 didn't even get completely recorded in the block. All garages beyond 50 were dead.

So instead I loaded up the End of the Line save I was using to check my BP collection for vehicle flags, and altered each of the garages listed below so they would be Michelle type Pay'n'Sprays. It worked fairly well, except sometimes the doors don't open until after the 1st spray, but usually when this happens the door isn't solid.

MUL_LAN (1640.37, -1520.07, 12.5118) Downtown garage used in "Life's a Beach"
DUF_LAS (1873.97, -2096.55, 12.487) El Corona garage used in "Los Desperados"
MODGLAS (1809.46, -2150.67, 12.4283) Cesar's garage
FDORSFE (-2171.43, 649.416, 49.8742) Wu Zi's garage
TBON (-2735.46, 60.7331, 3.07005) garage a block south of "Wheels Arch Angel"
HBGDSFS (-2057.35, 150.803, 27.8286) Doherty garage #1 left
GHOSTDR (-397.297, 2223.17, 41.3824) garage used in "Interdiction"
AMUMIS (-2114.42, -2462.27, 29.4809) Angel Pine Ammunation garage

Check it out if you'd like: <End of the Line with extra Pay'n'Sprays>

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

Did some checking: 50 garages looks to be a hard-coded limit as it's one of the things Sacky's Limit Adjuster can alter (although it's in the "use at own risk" section)

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:08 AM Edited by zmoonchild, 04 November 2007 - 09:13 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 30 2007, 18:02)
Or, perhaps we should we should invite you into the Development Team. If you are interested, I'd have to check with the rest of the team. Most of the concern would be the restrictions from the small server we are using to host the private forum we are using.

Thanks,
I received the PM, and I am in the process of going through everything.
My work schedule really held me back over the past few days, but I now have more free time to get started.
I have registered on that forum and will be on there from now on as well.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

Hey, I posted my favourite driving route in the San Andreas General Discussion section and was advised to come here by Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic.

user posted image

The red route shows the main route, while the yellow shows routes you can take on the way. There's a jump around halfway through, a cut through the small town (forget it's name, sorry) and back onto the dirt track towards Los Santos, and if you choose, you can do a complete fluid U-Turn and go the opposite way, re-doing the jump and going back to where you started. You can of course use the highway also if you fancy.

I don't know if I was right in posting it here, but just letting you know I suppose.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

Just to let you guys know, Masterkraft posted it there as a Chain Game rally (under my influence). He hasn't told me yet as to what vehicles could be used, although all he specified was the fact that it is great for off-roading purporses.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

Anything off road really, you could try vehicles that aren't for a change.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:29 AM

That's a great route, I'm very familiar with most of it. You should check out the Badlands Endurance Rally; much of your route could be used for the challenge. In fact, much of your route is included in my favorite strategies for this rally so you'd probably do quite well if you decided to take on the challenge.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Nov 22 2007, 21:29)
That's a great route, I'm very familiar with most of it. You should check out the Badlands Endurance Rally; much of your route could be used for the challenge. In fact, much of your route is included in my favorite strategies for this rally so you'd probably do quite well if you decided to take on the challenge.

Unfortunately, he has told me that he has only the PS2 version of the game, sop he is unable to participate in the rallies. He didn't even know the Chain Game existed!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:51 AM

Oh, well... The rallies can still be run on PS2, but he'll need to setup his own midnight save with a Bullet and nitrous. Landing the jumps is not required, only triggering the camera, so it doesn't matter if they've been landed or not. The medal standards listed are for PC with frame limiter off, but I tried to leave enough slack that it should still be possible to earn gold on PS2. We had considered adding 20 seconds to the standard and specifying frame limiter on to make things more compatible with PS2, but the race is more enjoyable with a faster frame rate. I'd be curious what atwyatt could do with this challenge. He's alway been able to match or beat PC times I never thought could be matched on PS2.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

Creating New Unique Stunt Jumps by Editing IPL Files

There are a host of item placement files that control many features of San Andreas, but we don't want to scramble them when we add a few jumps. I would recommend making a backup copy of the entire maps folder for safe keeping, even though we don't intend to modify any standard files - except one. We are going to create a new IPL file for additions to the game in a new folder, and then add a reference to this file in gta.dat so San Andreas will find it.

These instructions assume that San Andreas is installed in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\. Other folders mentioned will be subfolders of this directory (data\, or data\maps\.

Make a copy of data\maps\leveldes\leveldes.ipl in the new folder data\maps\addons\
Rename leveldes.ipl to chainusj.ipl
Make a backup copy of data\gta.dat
Open data\gta.dat with a text editor such as notepad (best not to use word)
Add this line near the bottom, just after IPL DATA\MAPS\audiozon.ipl
CODE
IPL DATA\MAPS\addons\chainusj.ipl

The new file should now be read by San Andreas when a new game is started from a fresh start of the game. This is definitely critical for vehicles and pickups. They only get installed on new games and fresh starts, so I'm in the habit of always following this procedure and never tested if it is true for jumps - probably is. Objects are a different matter, but let's not complicate things for now.

Open chainusj.ipl. There are several sections to this file, they start with a keyword, and end with "end". The unique stunt jumps are entered after "jump". The format for unique jumps (it's all supposed to be on 1 line) is listed below:
CODE
startXmin, startYmin, startZmin, startXmax, startYmax, startZmax,
landXmin, landYmin, landZmin, landXmax, landYmax, landZmax, camX, camY, camZ, reward

You need to define 2 zones. The 1st zone will trigger the remote camera angle when a vehicle enters the zone while in the air. The 2nd zone is the landing zone. You need to specify the lower SW corner (actually the west (x), south(y), lower (z) corner to conform with the X, Y, Z format), and the upper NE corner to define each zone. Then specify a single point of view for the camera angle, and add a reward value. During testing I suggest adding a fairly large reward, enough to buy a house, but don't make it too high or it will count as a negative value.

Unfortunately, I don't have any standard jumps in this format. Below are the IPL format jumps I used for testing some new jumps that were added to the chain game. To test your setup, copy one or more of these lines between "jump" and "end" of your chainusj.ipl, save, and start a fresh new game. Check the stat menu to see if you have more than 70 jumps, and try them out if you want.
CODE
1431.5, -189.75, 31.0, 1435.5, -187.75, 35.0, 1360.0, -322.0, -1, 1440.0, -275.0, 5.0, 1446.567,  -209.14, 41.4, 1000 // Isolated Mound
960.0, -115.0, 21.5, 992.0, -101.0, 25.5, 947.5, -171.0, 10.0, 991.5, -133.0, 20.0, 995.5, -119.25, 25.0, 1000 // Narrows Jump
382.5, -302.0, 9.0, 402.5, -291.5, 14.0, 342.0, -310.0, -0.5, 362.0, -240.0, 9.5, 362.0, -301.75, 7.82, 1000 // Riverside Tree
405.0, -1805.5, 6.0, 410.0, -1798.5, 9.0, 309.0, -1817.0, 3.0, 355.0, -1791.0, 5.0, 369.75, -1806.75, 19.75, 1000 // Yacht Harbor Sign

The tool I use to take coordinate readings for item placement is Cords Compass (see links below). I use the format below for jumps, take 5 readings, add a reward, and edit the lines together for the jump.
CODE
#xcord#, #ycord#, #zcord#,
If you want to experiment with vehicles or pickups, these formats should be useful templates. Actually, I strongly suggest starting with vehicles and pickups, they are a lot less complicated than jumps.
CODE
#xcord#, #ycord#, #zcord#, 0, 522, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, 20000 //NRG-500
25, #xcord#, #ycord#, #zcord# //MP5
For more information on IPL formats check the Wiki for Item Placement.

I recommend using a good trainer for helping during editing and testing. San Andreas Control Center (SACC) and a number of useful features, including a hotkey teleport utility and vehicle spawner. You don't want to spend all day getting the proper vehicle, driving to the jump, driving back to the jump after a practice run, again and again. SACC also has a few bugs, and tons of default hotkeys. I recommend deactivating hotkeys you don't intend to use, and shutting it down for the end stages of testing.

If you want to create jumps in restricted areas of the map then the savegame editor can be used to unlock the cities, lower barriers, and edit some other properties of a gamesave. I'm still a little nervous about using this tool on my good saves, but I have found it very useful for tweaking test saves, and other than a minor problem with armor levels over 100 it does a pretty good job.

The last two links are for MEd, and the Map Viewer. These tools are useful for placing ramps to be used for jumps. And so far I've done this once, so I'm not going to try to explain it. However, there are the link. MEd will actually create the required files and add references to gta.dat, but it seems to get confused my some of my IPL files, so I frequently comment them out by adding a # to the beginning of the line and prevent them from loading until I'm finished with MEd. Currently I'm a litle nervous about adding new objects to the chain game. I suspect there is a limited number of object that can be added, and since I don't know what that limit is, I'm trying to keep the number of object to a minimum.
  • Cords Compass -- takes coordinate readings for X, Y, and Z. Another tool is required if angles are needed. Custom formats can be created for IPL jump parts, pickup placement, and vehicle spawn locations.
  • GTASA Control Center -- general trainer; highly useful but no longer developed and annoyingly maxes your health whenever you do pretty much anything
  • SA Place Manager -- teleport-only trainer; would be a perfect single-job tool if only you could make the window bigger.
  • Savegame Editor -- by pauljtuh. Useful for opening the map for testing.
  • GTA Modding Wiki -- the premier documentation site for SA modding; where we go for reference and to publish new finds.
  • Map Editor - MEd v0.30 Beta - Can be used to place objects properly in IPL format. The rotations displayed in the editor are helpful, but don't quite match the rotation setting used in coding.
  • steve-m's Map Viewer v0.5 Alpha 4 - Very helpful and fast map viewer. The interface is not very intuitive so read the readme. This viewer displays considerable more information and additional types of objects that are not displayed in MEd. One handy feature of the Map Viewer is the ability to right-click when an object is in view, and the viewer will highlight the central object and display the model number in the Window Bar. I couldn't even see the dynamic (?) rotating UFO sign in MEd.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

Thanks Orion. That will help me with making new stunt jumps in the future (as in the conversation via PM).

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hello Guys,
I took the Katie Jumps rally and completed 3 unique stunts before Katie bailed out on the 4th. The main intention of discovering new routes also was there in my mind and i'll try that in the future icon14.gif ..

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:02 PM Edited by rubregg, 22 August 2008 - 02:16 PM.

QUOTE (cacarla @ Aug 22 2008, 13:40)
Hello Guys,
I took the Katie Jumps rally and completed 3 unique stunts before Katie bailed out on the 4th. The main intention of discovering new routes also was there in my mind and i'll try that in the future icon14.gif ..

Hey cacarla, good to see you're interested in the rallies smile.gif . Don't worry about your initial score of 3 in Katie Jumps, you'll get better if you keep trying. The main issues here are probably finding a good route to connect the jumps and not having the tires shot out by roadblocks.

General Note

I brushed up the frontpage of the topic. I didn't touch the races, but there's a new introduction and a clickable table of contents. You can now link directly to the different rallies if you copy the links from the table of contents, for example:

Katie Jumps

Update:
OrionSR, I'm wondering about Katie Jumps in connection with the new modded saves we're using in the chain game, notably the Foster Valley Mall jump. Should we include that jump in the save file and change the platinum medal to 15 jumps? Or leave everything as it is and allow players using chain game saves to include that jump, making medals a tiny bit easier? Or not allow this jump for the rally?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:12 PM Edited by OrionSR, 22 August 2008 - 05:15 PM.

QUOTE (rubregg @ Aug 22 2008, 05:02)
Update:
OrionSR, I'm wondering about Katie Jumps in connection with the new modded saves we're using in the chain game, notably the Foster Valley Mall jump. Should we include that jump in the save file and change the platinum medal to 15 jumps? Or leave everything as it is and allow players using chain game saves to include that jump, making medals a tiny bit easier? Or not allow this jump for the rally?

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. My idea was to hit up the Foster Mall and then cut over to the tunnel jump before going for the airport jumps (since my gates weren't open yet). Um... I suggest letting the players do whatever they want. If the new jumps are popular then I can see about adding them to the custom save. And even with the extra jumps I think scoring 14 is still worthy of the Platinum award; it's something I've never managed.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:30 PM Edited by rubregg, 22 August 2008 - 11:32 PM.

^^
Ok, so let's leave things as they are for now, that's fine with me. You never got 14 jumps? I always thought you had done it, only not documented... I do remember you getting very close. Yup, that jump by the overpass (towards the stadium) can be a real bummer, that one ruined things for me more than once... lol.gif suicidal.gif

What's that with bbcode being disabled? Dammit, that'll be a bunch of illegible postings ahead of us...

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

...so I practiced my Katie Jumps a bit today and tried capturing some videos. Have captured a run with 11 jumps and one with 10 jumps + the chinese jumper one. Are people keen on an upload or should I wait till I have a better run?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:39 PM

I'm always interesting in watching whatever you produce, but I'm not in all that big of a hurry either.

Do you think we should clean up these saves a little? I've got a lot more control of the modifications than I did when we first set up the challenges. My thought is about the low armor and awkward starting location for Katie Jumps. I suspect I can find something a little more suitable.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Aug 26 2008, 01:43)
...so I practiced my Katie Jumps a bit today and tried capturing some videos. Have captured a run with 11 jumps and one with 10 jumps + the chinese jumper one. Are people keen on an upload or should I wait till I have a better run?

Would be interesting to see a vid smile.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:43 AM Edited by rubregg, 26 August 2008 - 09:28 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Aug 26 2008, 01:39)
Do you think we should clean up these saves a little? I've got a lot more control of the modifications than I did when we first set up the challenges. My thought is about the low armor and awkward starting location for Katie Jumps. I suspect I can find something a little more suitable.
Well, the only thing that slightly bugs me is the garage door that often takes quite long to open. I haven't double-checked yet, but could that have something to do with the alternate garage cam (which I prefer)? As for save location and armor, if we changed that then the High Noon achievment would be lost. I must admit I got quite used to and am enjoying that race for 12:00. What save location do you have in mind? Paradiso? We could give it a try but I don't think it's high priority.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Aug 26 2008, 01:39)
I'm always interesting in watching whatever you produce, but I'm not in all that big of a hurry either.

QUOTE (aFinn @ Aug 26 2008, 09:38)
Would be interesting to see a vid smile.gif
Thanks for the interest, guys. At the moment I'm trying to get a better run captured. If I won't make it, I'll make a vid of the run with the 11 jumps.

Edit:...here's a little preview something something - unfortunately this happened during an unlucky run...
()

lol.gif

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Hey Rubregg, Just gave a look into your video and i must say it is damn good to learn how to start a unique jump and how to end as well lol.gif .. Please can you post more videos for the time being like all the 11 jump stunts run or if possible 7 or 8... I just tried the katie jumps rally again and got 5 successful jumps.. biggrin.gif .. More videos will definitely help 'cause we are not yet familiar with the routes and locations of the jumps..

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (cacarla @ Aug 26 2008, 03:15)
More videos will definitely help 'cause we are not yet familiar with the routes and locations of the jumps..

Yeah, but learning the routes is much of the challenge of the rallies. I spent a bit of time practicing without the wanted level to increase my chances that I could hit the jumps and score the bonus the first time, and to see if was possible to complete the route within 6 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users