33 replies to this topic
DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

Ok, the vc version of this sucker is ready to go:
http://www.3dhole.co...sc_vc_final.rar

Data is in the readme, along with a link to the tutorial forum for installation instructions. Yes, i'm feeling very lazy at the moment.
requires dmagic wheel mod, or similar game modification.

VC Screenshots:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Vc screenshots taken with the VC Gfx Hack
woo! 2 releases in one day!

Sa version will be along in a few days, it is NOT just a straight port, there are significant, noticeable differences. more on that later.
See below.

6/24/07
The Sa version is now officially out, and you may download it here:
http://www.3dhole.co...sc_sa_final.rar
Read the readme.

I also have some extra goodies for the Sa version including:
-body template for creating paintjobs
-a working sample paintjob that i made quickly (import your image over mine, then simply add the txd to the img - done)
-the max file, in 3ds max 7 format, with textures. the model is ready-to-export if you have kam's maxscripts installed (you will need them). You will also need to extract the collision file from the released version of the vehicle.

esc_body_template.rar
sample paintjob
esc_sa_sdk.rar

Edit: i caught it pretty fast, so i don't think too many people were affected, but i tweaked the materials settings for the body (SA), to make it somewhat less reflective. if your escalade is bright and/or shiny, re-download it (link is the same). people who got the max model will want to make the following changes to material 1 on the chassis:
-change specular from 75 to 55
-reflection/blend from 0.35 to 0.2

Also a word on the max model: change the export scale from 1.0 to 0.029 to get the model the same scale as I have.

I didn't quite get a chance to fix the vc version yet, i'll edit/bump the topic when i do though.

Significant differences between the sa/vc versions:
-SA has a higher resolution body texture, plus the textures are mipmapped
-VC has a damaged version of the body texture (the paintjob system in SA means only one body texture can be used for normal and damaged pieces)
-Different material settings to take advantage of each games capabilities. VC has better lighting (since it doesn't flicker, nor is it too overblown) but SA allows for more advanced texturing and reflection systems
-Various game-specific objects, naming conventions, hierarchy tweaks and upgrade pieces
-VC allows for more detailed collision options (note the rear glass that damages and taillights that go off)

GaduS!
  • GaduS!

GTA: Truth City Member

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Nice car DeXX
Good work i give cookies for you cookie.gif cookie.gif

.59 Reverse
  • .59 Reverse

VIP, bitches!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ Jun 13 2007, 09:19)
Ok, the vc version of this sucker is ready to go:
http://www.3dhole.co...sc_vc_final.rar

Data is in the readme, along with a link to the tutorial forum for installation instructions. Yes, i'm feeling very lazy at the moment.

VC Screenshots:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Vc screenshots taken with the VC Gfx Hack
woo! 2 releases in one day!

Sa version will be along in a few days, it is NOT just a straight port, there are significant, noticeable differences. more on that later.

liek, were are da link 4 da SA download?

relase plezz?!

you know what you should really been doing instead of poking these wack GTA games... tounge2.gif it'll fatten up your portfolio considerably too.

n³wton
  • n³wton

webmonkey

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Excellent Model smile.gif , I installed VC last night for the first time in months.... this is gonna be the first vehicle I install smile.gif (if I can remember how LOL blush.gif )

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:22 PM Edited by MasterK, 13 June 2007 - 05:36 PM.

Well, it looks nice, judging from the pics.. But there's a problem.. When i install it, the game crashes when i spawn it with car spawner, or either it shows up... I've did everything in the right way...

BTW, the specular lights at me looks a bit weird... is it supposed to be like this, or my Radeon 9600 XT is the problem?

user posted image

_F_
  • _F_

«««« † »»»»

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

nice car, but only one thing
user posted image
why i can see trow them?? (places wit red line)
and why the front glass is green? turn.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:17 AM

@ master k - not sure why your reflection is like that. first guess is that you have a different exe than i do (american 1.0). video card shouldn't matter. and please try to keep discussion for that mod to this topic.
Also if the car crashes when you spawn it, be sure to double check absolutely everything. as me and _F_ proved, the vehicle does work...

@ _F_ - there's some weirdness to how GTA handles alpha transparency, i've seen the same problem with normal vc cars. i'll see if i can do something about that.
The glass is green, because it really is green on the front windows on the real vehicle, though my green might be a bit too intense.

Will make these minor changes, and upload fixed VC version at the same time i put the Sa version up.

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (DexX @ Jun 15 2007, 09:17)
@ master k - not sure why your reflection is like that. first guess is that you have a different exe than i do (american 1.0). video card shouldn't matter. and please try to keep discussion for that mod to this topic.
Also if the car crashes when you spawn it, be sure to double check absolutely everything. as me and _F_ proved, the vehicle does work...

@ _F_ - there's some weirdness to how GTA handles alpha transparency, i've seen the same problem with normal vc cars. i'll see if i can do something about that.
The glass is green, because it really is green on the front windows on the real vehicle, though my green might be a bit too intense.

Will make these minor changes, and upload fixed VC version at the same time i put the Sa version up.

I remember having a ghetto solution to stuff disappearing through glass~

something like detaching the glass or something, or the order of things in hierarchy... I forget

_F_
  • _F_

«««« † »»»»

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (DexX @ Jun 15 2007, 01:17)

ok good... cuz it my favourit car

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (DexX @ Jun 13 2007, 09:19)
...it is NOT just a straight port, there are significant, noticeable differences. more on that later.

RIMS!!!

derty greedily prepares for the SA release <3

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

Nice car, hope youll fix the windowbug and make the green much more nicer tounge.gif . Are you planning to release an EXT Version of the Escalade? Would be awesome, like Matrix Reloaded cool.gif

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

OK, I gotta ask a question which shows me as ignorant, but it's been buggin me. I'm from Australia, so don't know anything of American culture other than what I see on tv etc.

What exactly is it with Escalades in the US? From watching Cops 'n stuff, it appears they're like the latest gangsta accessory or something? IS this the case, and if so, why the escalade? biggest bling parts catalog? I don't get it? 4WDs sh*t me in the city, they're topheavy and cause neck injuries in a higher percentage of accidents, coz they have a tendency to roll... and that has me wigged as well - why is it offroader style cars commonly have a tendency to be topheavy and roll??? of all the vehicles to have that characteristic?

Sorry, I know, slightly offtopic and rantish - but I feel better now.

jp245
  • jp245

Retired Modder

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:19 AM

only people wiht alot of money drive em or people who steal em ph34r.gif yea they are gangsta

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:31 AM

being "gangsta" (for lack of a better term) is more of a side effect. Cadillac didn't design the suv with "gangtas" in mind, rather the "gangstas" adopted it as one of their flagship vehicles. the stock vehicle is actually very nice and not as "blinged out" as you might think. contrary to what might be seen in popular media, most of the people i see driving these are rich white males.

personally, i just happen to like SUVs, which is why i did an excursion, and suburban (years ago, for gta3) before this. Gta doesn't ship with alot of SUVs, so it's more fun for me that way.

Are you planning to release an EXT Version of the Escalade? Would be awesome, like Matrix Reloaded

i've been asked that alot for this vehicle, and all i can say for sure, is i wasn't planning too.
i would essentially have to remodel the entire rear end, and i'm kind of sick of working on this model after so long. i won't give an outright no, but at the very least i wouldn't expect an ext anytime soon.

RIMS!!!

...will be exactly the same, save for maybe the texture size wink.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:10 AM

Wow, beautiful car.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the answers peoples.. but I did forget to say, it is an awesome vehicle... I like having cars that replace similar ones to those in game, but with higher details - yours is just the ticket for this use 8)

Thanks again.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:49 AM

finally got the Sa version ingame, and working properly. it's actually been ingame for a little while but caused random crashes. i appear to have fixed that, after playing today for a long time, w/out crashes.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
There were transparency issues, especially with the headlights. it's been fixed.

Only major things left to do are add a shadow mesh, get the upgrade pieces working, and do some final material tweaks. People who used the vc gfx hack, will be pleased to know everything is possible in SA, and although not yet real, the reflections in these screenshots are the first test of something that replaces SA reflection system with one of my own.

raresh_r
  • raresh_r

raresh_r

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

you've madded my dream car inlove.gif
can you make new bumpers for it ? or make it more off road whit bullbars etc tounge.gif

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

Great mesh, but I dont like this reflection. turn.gif Otherwise a great car, cant wait till the release.

DOHC_VTEC
  • DOHC_VTEC

A.K.A Herc

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

Nice one Dexx, looks real good.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (raresh_r @ Jun 23 2007, 03:55)
can you make new bumpers for it ? or make it more off road whit bullbars etc tounge.gif

i'm debating that now. the escalade, just by itself, will be bone stock. However, most of the stock SA upgrade pieces look awful on it, so i don't think i'll support very many standard upgrade pieces.
infact, most of the real-life mods for escalades are wheels/suspension/grille and window tint. there aren't a lot of offroad escalades, because nobody wants their shiny new Cadillac all beat up and dirty tounge.gif

Right now the customization options are:
-paintjobs
-carcols-compatible interior
-carcols-compatible glass (window tints)
-wheel upgrades
-hydraulics
-nitro
That will probably be it. i will leave the upgrade objects on the vehicle model though, incase someone wants to add their own pieces.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

worth the bump and double post:
San Andreas version is now out. See the first post of this topic.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:20 PM Edited by GTAuron, 24 June 2007 - 01:42 PM.

Excellent. Well worth me digging out SA again.

EDIT: Love it, except is there any way of making the Ref map a little less blue? It just down to the texture or is it due to the way the hack works? Hmm, I'll play about a bit I guess. I'm interested on getting this on my NSX when I finally release it.

Tennesse
  • Tennesse

Slaughterhouse

• Members

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:10 PM

this is amazing
having window as the 3rd color is amazing, the combinations come out brilliantly biggrin.gif
but the reflection is exaggerated and the whole truck is a bit bigger than it should be
I trully hope you'll release a v2... plz biggrin.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Jun 24 2007, 08:20)
EDIT: Love it, except is there any way of making the Ref map a little less blue? It just down to the texture or is it due to the way the hack works? Hmm, I'll play about a bit I guess. I'm interested on getting this on my NSX when I finally release it.

it's mostly down to the image you use. you can use any image you want like in VC, i just used that one for convenience.
but the reflection is exaggerated and the whole truck is a bit bigger than it should be

i did tweak the materials, so if you downloaded it right away, download it again. The escalade is a big vehicle in real life, and i think i got the size about right.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:19 AM

Looking very cool Dex, hope to see more outa you.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hi!

Very nice car man. Please make an EXT from it. I love that car.

thanks

Mike4391
  • Mike4391

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:27 AM

Please help... I think I've got everything down.. except the carcols.dat file... how do i set that up?

"carcols.dat (get rid of the first huntley entry, and put this line at the bottom in the "car4" section"):
huntley, 37,1,8,0, 42,1,8,0, 53,13,8,0, 62,1,8,0, 7,1,8,0, 10,1,8,0, 11,1,8,0, 15,1,8,0"

In the "car4" section there is no way to create a new row to add the huntley information? Do I replace one of the other cars? Also, if I try to replace one of the cars in the "cars4" section, there are too many columns that are left unfilled.. if i try to do it in the other section "Car" there are still not enough numbers.. Please somebody help me with this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

~MIKE

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
  • Mercedes CLS 55 AMG

Knight Industries Modding

• Members

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Mike4391 @ Dec 27 2007, 07:27)
Please help... I think I've got everything down.. except the carcols.dat file... how do i set that up?

"carcols.dat (get rid of the first huntley entry, and put this line at the bottom in the "car4" section"):
huntley, 37,1,8,0, 42,1,8,0, 53,13,8,0, 62,1,8,0, 7,1,8,0, 10,1,8,0, 11,1,8,0, 15,1,8,0"

In the "car4" section there is no way to create a new row to add the huntley information? Do I replace one of the other cars? Also, if I try to replace one of the cars in the "cars4" section, there are too many columns that are left unfilled.. if i try to do it in the other section "Car" there are still not enough numbers.. Please somebody help me with this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

~MIKE

Download San Andreas Mod Instaler (SAMI) and it will install your mods in a safe procedure.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

What program are you using to edit the carcols.dat file? It should be NotePad, in which case to create a new row, you simply just select the whole "huntley" row, erase it, then place the color line that came with the read me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users