[Wip|Test] VC Gfx

154 replies to this topic
GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (g30dud3 @ Nov 15 2007, 15:32)
Any updates to the Vice City version, DexX?

Look, Dexx already said that he knows why the "real" reflections aren't working properly [well..simply does not working] but he can't fix the problem. BTW the SA GFX hack is working for me properly.

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

Look, Dexx already said that he knows why the "real" reflections aren't working properly [well..simply does not working] but he can't fix the problem.

Sorry, I know Dexx said he thought he knew why it wasn't working. I asked him if he could explain why and he didn't reply, that's all.. It doesn't matter that much though, I was just curious.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (g30dud3 @ Nov 16 2007, 12:09)
Look, Dexx already said that he knows why the "real" reflections aren't working properly [well..simply does not working] but he can't fix the problem.

Sorry, I know Dexx said he thought he knew why it wasn't working. I asked him if he could explain why and he didn't reply, that's all.. It doesn't matter that much though, I was just curious.

oops blush.gif if my info is correct, it looks like it's due to an internal rw-image conversion problem. it's hard to get more specific, since i can't cite my sources. in any case, assuming i'm right, the problem is out of my reach with the current method, and in VC i haven't explored any other methods of generating the reflection image. In regards to your other question, i have not worked on the vc version in quite some time. Sa and private projects have eaten up my free time.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (g30dud3 @ Nov 16 2007, 18:09)

I didn't wanted to be rude at all, sorry if i were. Just replied in a bit bad mood, because there are a lot of people here on GTAF who don't even read the posts wrote up by a developer, then asks for something that has been answered ^^

Sorry BTW.

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:17 PM

oops blush.gif if my info is correct, it looks like it's due to an internal rw-image conversion problem. it's hard to get more specific, since i can't cite my sources. in any case, assuming i'm right, the problem is out of my reach with the current method, and in VC i haven't explored any other methods of generating the reflection image. In regards to your other question, i have not worked on the vc version in quite some time. Sa and private projects have eaten up my free time.

Oh ok then.. It's a real shame the real reflections won't work but if as you say it's out of your reach then there's nothing I can do about it (aside from buying a new graphics card biggrin.gif ) In any case, I'll be getting San Andreas for PC soon so I can try out the SA version then.

And btw I just thought I'd mention that the specular lighting looks amazing on clean Vice City vehicles (ie. removing the dirty texture)

Sorry BTW.

Heh, no worries smile.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

i've split the posts for the SA stuff into a new topic. From now on, please post only vc-related issues in this topic.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

Is it possible to make cars truly mirror everything,not just what you see on the screen?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

No.

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

Ey, dexx! how's the progress? any good restults? and will it be an early beta release? (not needed, just wondering)
but keep it up! looks so damn good man! icon14.gif icon14.gif

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

Does next version will support ATI, Intel and geforce 4 graphic cards (realtime reflections)?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:22 PM

how's the progress? any good restults? and will it be an early beta release?

......i'm gonna go out on a limb here, and guess that you didn't read my post before yours. The SA stuff has it's own topic now where you will find the answer to your question. The VC stuff has been out for a while..

Does next version will support ATI, Intel and geforce 4 graphic cards (realtime reflections)?

No. the problem is beyond my capability to fix. also, i have no idea when the "next version" will be out, but it won't be anytime soon. there will be no updates to the VC mod before 2008, that much i can guarantee.

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:08 PM Edited by g30dud3, 15 February 2008 - 08:59 AM.

No. the problem is beyond my capability to fix. also, i have no idea when the "next version" will be out, but it won't be anytime soon. there will be no updates to the VC mod before 2008, that much i can guarantee.

Well, I can confirm that the reflections do not work on a top of the range GEFORCE FX 5200! /sarcasm
But I think I recall someone saying it worked on a Geforce 6 something, so perhaps it really is a DirectX version issue?

Also, even if the reflections are beyond your capability to fix, what were your "big plans" for the specular lighting? I would love to see world lighting, or maybe even that fake bloom effect you tested in San Andreas.

EDIT: I just played Vice City and noticed that your mod actually actually *does* illuminate world objects like buildings/roads. The effect is most noticeable with trails on. But what about little things like having a separate multiplier for the peds, this surely can't be too difficult?

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ Dec 18 2007, 19:22)
how's the progress? any good restults? and will it be an early beta release?

......i'm gonna go out on a limb here, and guess that you didn't read my post before yours. The SA stuff has it's own topic now where you will find the answer to your question. The VC stuff has been out for a while..

Did I actually ever pass you some data on the realtime shadows in the VC cutscenes? I know you asked for it but I don't remember whether I actually ever did or whether I forgot about it? Anyway, if I did forget about it - are you still interested?

Alex

H13N.H3N
  • H13N.H3N

Lands with a *Clunk*

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:34 PM Edited by H13N.H3N, 21 February 2008 - 06:02 PM.

Ok pals, i have some news about this, as is in my other post, for some reason i'm working on two projects when i only planed one, my Hardware Emulation sh*t and some real-time reflection mod for no owners of N-Vidia cards (well at moment ATI Radeon owners), i want you to look at this:

user posted image
if this image does still unavailable, click here to see it on imageshack (what a crap of server...ye, i'm talking to you Image Shack!!!)

What did you find? now, stop. I want you to look with care this pic, IT IS POSSIBLE to put real time reflection, at least if you use an ATI card (maybe in some others) if you remember this weird problem:

user posted image

Maybe there are still hope, i did what i could with what i have, i didn't neither tried to modify DexX Asis, y make some little hook (no, no with 3D Analyzer, whit my..err.. skills) just to have some more control, nothing from nether world, what i could do is to make the "reflection" react, it still have "noice", weird colors, no fps update of the map, plus it is not it's right position, and... work more like if the car were taking "screenshots" of it's enviorement, as you see, the BF reflect some building from a street back, after some time later, the weird noice and sh*t come back, it took me like 3 hours of find how to hook right, but i'm not completely happy whit this, i'm keep also on this, but i feel like i'm taking some other way (maybe wrong).

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

No offence H13N.H3N but you haven't really achieved anything.. suicidal.gif

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

I'm not a moderator, but one thing I've learned from others: check the date of the last post before making your own.
you obviously havent, his post was in 21st february, and the day today is: 14th march. gratz mate! a giant bump! Dexx already said he wont update this in a long time, or at all. so no point of posting here is it? I dont know what they will do with you. but have fun with whatever they'll do to you. probably a warning... I dont remember...
just check the last date before posting. and if it's something very important, please say you're sorry for bumping and then say something that makes sense. not like "will it be updated soon?" and the last post the maker did was like 1-2years ago. then a moderator comes or the topic maker and are so angry he cant even think properly. ah ok, maybe not that extreme. but please, c heck the last post date before posting yourself. and if the topic is [COLOR=red]RED like this it's a HOT topic. which means it's a really big topic, so read all the posts before posting. the [COLOR=blue]BLUE ones are new topics or topics that hasnt got a lot of posts. it's shown on the bottom of the topic page. biggrin.gif btw, this mod is really great smile.gif

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (CHILLI @ Mar 14 2008, 22:16)
I'm not a moderator, but one thing I've learned from others: check the date of the last post before making your own.
you obviously havent, his post was in 21st february, and the day today is: 14th march. gratz mate! a giant bump! Dexx already said he wont update this in a long time, or at all. so no point of posting here is it? I dont know what they will do with you. but have fun with whatever they'll do to you. probably a warning... I dont remember...
just check the last date before posting. and if it's something very important, please say you're sorry for bumping and then say something that makes sense. not like "will it be updated soon?" and the last post the maker did was like 1-2years ago. then a moderator comes or the topic maker and are so angry he cant even think properly. ah ok, maybe not that extreme. but please, c heck the last post date before posting yourself. and if the topic is [COLOR=red]RED like this it's a HOT topic. which means it's a really big topic, so read all the posts before posting. the [COLOR=blue]BLUE ones are new topics or topics that hasnt got a lot of posts. it's shown on the bottom of the topic page. biggrin.gif btw, this mod is really great smile.gif

Sorry about that, won't do it again.. blush.gif

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

Ah, showing Dexx that there's still interest in the mod can't hurt... biggrin.gif

Alex

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

Double-Post, I know.

I want to submit two items for possible inclusion into this mod. Even if you're not working on it right now, this way the information at least does not get lost for some time:

1. Making vehicle shadows appear at a greater distance:

Redirect the conditional jump @56E026:

CODE
JMP 56E02F

It's a switch over different vehicle types (cars, bikes, heli, boats, rcbaron).

This way the shadow always appears at greater distance already for all vehicle types.

2. Activating trails in-game:

The problem with activating trails outside the menu is that the variable @9753A4 is not set, which happens apparently on leaving menu. Some MBlur Pointer, I guess.

This assembly code will fix it

@55D849: substitute assembly code with:

CODE
CALL Proc

The Proc itself:

CODE
CMP DWORD PTR DS:[9753A4],0
JE SHORT Label1
MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9753A4]
RETN
Label1:
PUSH DWORD PTR DS:[8100BC]
CALL <55CE20>
POP ECX
RETN

(Two notes: 0x8100BC is the current cameraPtr, I think and 0x55CE20 is the proc MBlurOpen.)

Now I should add this: trails don't work properly on my pc anyway so I don't know if this fix will suffice. All I can say is this: with this fix, you can activate the trails in-game without the game crashing and it my screen looked just as it looked when activating the trails from menu, namely wrong. smile.gif

Alex

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

You can take control of the mod if you want, i no longer have the time to work on it. something has come up, and i'm going to be gone for an undetermined, but extended period of time where i will not have access to a PC at all.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ Mar 31 2008, 17:23)
You can take control of the mod if you want, i no longer have the time to work on it. something has come up, and i'm going to be gone for an undetermined, but extended period of time where i will not have access to a PC at all.

I'd love to. Although I can't promise how much I will be able to implement. I think I mentioned that I'll have to go looking for a job any day now. Anyway, I think I'll be modding VC for long, long time come, preferring to be very good at modding a dated but good game over being able to make small modifications to a state-of-the-art game.

But then again, you never know how it goes in life... smile.gif

So yes, I'd like to take over, if you don't think you'll be able to continue.

Alex

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hi I'm new here smile.gif
I downloaded this mod before I joined, and I must say, it is AMAZING inlove.gif . I'm glad to see that AK-73 is taking over the mod while DexX is gone (Good luck dude).

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (The Kirbster @ Apr 10 2008, 20:42)
Hi I'm new here smile.gif
I downloaded this mod before I joined, and I must say, it is AMAZING inlove.gif . I'm glad to see that AK-73 is taking over the mod while DexX is gone (Good luck dude).

Yeah without the sourcecode it's going to be difficult to update it. :-)

Alex

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

I have some code lying around which is basically the early stages of this; it's stuff that Dexx and I worked on; different techniques, etc. I'll have a look for it all...

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

That would be great. I have considered contacting the ENBS folks too. :-)

Alex

killerkid
  • killerkid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:51 AM

Hey, When i do it, I put all the files in my vc folder and when i went ingame it don't seem to work.
Here is pic: http://uploadffs.com...02-48-55-91.png

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:55 AM

What Graphics Card do you use? If it is an ATI, it won't work.

H13N.H3N
  • H13N.H3N

Lands with a *Clunk*

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (g30dud3 @ Mar 14 2008, 16:00)

jaja, tahts very right, i have just getting in circles, it's far complex than i tought, is not like only move two vars in a dll, so... ye.. i feel a little ashamed, i want to apologize if someone around toke that so serius, i discovered some things that i provabli don't knew lately, like the reflections reacted like a raw files, experimenting i messed my installation of VC like 5 times and after discovered that it is not so.... emm.. intuitive, i trashed up all what i done, i'm looking forward for other things, but definitively this is not my way... welll what i can isay, i have other kind of skills.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (H13N.H3N @ May 5 2008, 23:49)
QUOTE (g30dud3 @ Mar 14 2008, 16:00)

jaja, tahts very right, i have just getting in circles, it's far complex than i tought, is not like only move two vars in a dll, so... ye.. i feel a little ashamed, i want to apologize if someone around toke that so serius, i discovered some things that i provabli don't knew lately, like the reflections reacted like a raw files, experimenting i messed my installation of VC like 5 times and after discovered that it is not so.... emm.. intuitive, i trashed up all what i done, i'm looking forward for other things, but definitively this is not my way... welll what i can isay, i have other kind of skills.

Btw, speaking of hardware emulation, I think it's possible to force GTA to use the reference rasterizer (see directx doc). But that would certainly slow the game down too much, I guess.

Anyway, I am currently getting a bit deeper into Directx 8. :-)

Alex

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

Nice to see some progress. Good luck with the modding. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users