How Long Should Abandoned Cars Stay?

71 replies to this topic
sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

my guesses:

blowed car: 5-6 hours(i dunno how long it takes in real for the towtrucks to get to the car, tow it and drive away but i guess 5-6 hours)

parking car(not exploded/wrecked): 24 hours(24 minutes in real), maybe even less, i wont need a car that long..

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

Until someone steals it biggrin.gif

I can just imagine watching the car from a distance and seeing
some crack head rush over, jump in, start the car and ram it into a street light biggrin.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:42 PM

The realistic thing is likely less seen car ped jackings, despite those claiming alarming statistics. This doesn't relate directly to cars parked after you've used them, but will be fun to note, because I can tell you, after a car is immediately jacked, you don't have to worry about a cop seeeing you if they think it's your car... as has worked in the past GTAs. I often yank a thief out of a car they just jacked for fun. REcall even some regular drivers would proclaim Hey, I just stole that!... Or Now I gotta go steal me another one!

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jan 7 2008, 15:42)
The realistic thing is likely less seen car ped jackings, despite those claiming alarming statistics. This doesn't relate directly to cars parked after you've used them, but will be fun to note, because I can tell you, after a car is immediately jacked, you don't have to worry about a cop seeeing you if they think it's your car... as has worked in the past GTAs. I often yank a thief out of a car they just jacked for fun. REcall even some regular drivers would proclaim Hey, I just stole that!... Or Now I gotta go steal me another one!

Dude I don't want to be rude, but
you often make 0 sense when you post.
I feel a bit stupid when trying to read 90%
of your posts actually.
Try to be more clear?

*C-Note*
  • *C-Note*

Original Gangster

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

As long as possible. For a day,maybe.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

I could say the same for you, I make sense when I double check my spelling, what are you on about? I'm stating some of my own findings relating to the last few posts, not so specific to the thread subject, as I already discussed that earlier

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jan 7 2008, 15:51)
I could say the same for you, I make sense when I double check my spelling, what are you on about? I'm stating some of my own findings relating to the last few posts, not so specific to the thread subject, as I already discussed that earlier

Hey I said I didn't mean to be rude.
Even this post you just made, made almost no
sense in relevance to my post in which I talked about you making no sense.
It just didn't make any sense, something about peds stealing cars, and cops not knowing?
I just wanted you to clarify it as I thought it would be making no sense to other posters.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

Explain how I make no sense? I am using plain English, I am an American and maybe you just don't get our perception of things in the States? I am confused by your comments
I said when NPCs, in reference to 'peds', are jacking cars it won't be a frequent event in GTA4, as some have speculated, and it should allow US as Niko to steal a car with less trouble, as my observance is while playing GTA SA

KillerKabel
  • KillerKabel

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

One hour IRL...

But of course if you enter 20 different cars then that will leave alot of cars around...

Kabel says:
Once the vehicle has been clearly out of sight for one hour IRL... It shall disappear mysteriously...
AND..!
If thou shall change cars fast, and you enter and leave 25 vehicles, the second you enter the 26th, the one that has been out of sight the longest, will mysteriously disappear...

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

Just to be safe, I think we CAN all agree that testing these theories early on would behoove those who hope to rely on the cars they need staying around and they don't. I often try this when I need my own getaway car on a mission, and it often depends just where you leave it in relation to cutscene events! You must know how this works if you played GTA SA anytime recently

KillerKabel
  • KillerKabel

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jan 7 2008, 16:24)
Just to be safe, I think we CAN all agree that testing these theories early on would behoove those who hope to rely on the cars they need staying around and they don't. I often try this when I need my own getaway car on a mission, and it often depends just where you leave it in relation to cutscene events! You must know how this works if you played GTA SA anytime recently

Yea... In a mission where you have to steal from a small bank, I parked my awesome car right outside of the door, so I thought I'd be easier to get a car, (I presumed that there would be a cop chase), but then, four men enden coming out, right where my car was parked, and then the car was just, gone...

Turk_B
  • Turk_B

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

Well i remember back in the early days of San Andreas where i heard a rumour that tow trucks and impond lots were going to be implemented and that is where your cars where gonna go to after a short peroid of time if you left them and you could go to the impound lot to pick up your car.... Maybe they may do that in this game who knows....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users