How Long Should Abandoned Cars Stay?

71 replies to this topic
Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

First, if this is sh*t, by all means, lock it.

How long should cars that you leave behind stay at that spot before disappearing?

I say maybe 12 hours game time.

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

At least an in-game day.

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

Now this i a good topic i think

on topic yea 12 hours sounds good how long would a burnt car stay for ?

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

I think the reason they disappeared in the past was due to the console not having enough memory to keep certain object around as you left them... It took too much to remember where things were if you kept leaving them. The way I'm explaining it is horrible, but I think with the new consoles, things you leave around should stay a lot longer, and not vanish after you turn a corner and come back. Maybe the police eventually come and take it away, and you see them towing it, etc. Would add to the wonderful realism. each car should stay different amounts of time - it depends where it is. A car parked and left in the middle of Times Square will be towed away a lot longer than one at the docks...

Instead of vanishing cars they should disappear with a reason. smile.gif

jon223
  • jon223

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

i hope there is a repo lot where you can pick up cars you left behind

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

Well, it depends. Could you leave the door open, the car running and nobody will steal it? I think not, so it really depends where you leave the car. The good area or the bad. My thoughts

d00d
  • d00d

Common sense with a baseball bat

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (jon223 @ Jun 11 2007, 20:39)
i hope there is a repo lot where you can pick up cars you left behind

This rocks.

I think it should be somewhere between 1-3 game days. After all, its not like the vehicle recovery systems in cities are REALLY efficient, are they?

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

Well i think if you could lock them then maybe 2 - 3 days? smile.gif

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (PetsOvernight @ Jun 11 2007, 22:39)
I think the reason they disappeared in the past was due to the console not having enough memory to keep certain object around as you left them... It took too much to remember where things were if you kept leaving them. The way I'm explaining it is horrible, but I think with the new consoles, things you leave around should stay a lot longer, and not vanish after you turn a corner and come back. Maybe the police eventually come and take it away, and you see them towing it, etc. Would add to the wonderful realism. each car should stay different amounts of time - it depends where it is. A car parked and left in the middle of Times Square will be towed away a lot longer than one at the docks...

Instead of vanishing cars they should disappear with a reason. smile.gif

Yes, because the only way ever to play games was and will always be are consoles, and since the previous consoles were so crappy, we should compare them. NO, the same thing's with the PC version (by the way, what I said at first was meant to make it clear that consoles blow as etc. and are NOT a showcase of what you can or can't do with computers, goddammit!!!), it's just that there was no reason for cars to stay there. You just need a three-dimensional coordinate point, and the model description. Does that take even more than a byte?

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

12 hours to one car or anycar you get into? After so many it would probally cause programming issues.

IVKobK
  • IVKobK

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Jun 11 2007, 21:03)
12 hours to one car or anycar you get into? After so many it would probally cause programming issues.

He said 12 game hours, aka 12 minutes.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (IVKobK @ Jun 11 2007, 21:06)
QUOTE (Vanzant @ Jun 11 2007, 21:03)

He said 12 game hours, aka 12 minutes.

haha, ok then. I thought he meant that literally. i was beginning to wonder what sad life one would have to have to play anything for 12 hours straight to begin with. tounge2.gif

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:15 PM Edited by Runey., 11 June 2007 - 09:18 PM.

I would want the cars to go away for a reason, whether it be tow away, theft, or whatever, not just going away out of the blue.

engjac
  • engjac

engjac

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Runey. @ Jun 11 2007, 21:15)
I would want the cars to go away for a reason, whether it be tow away, theft, or whatever, not just going away out of the blue.

i agree

towing away cars would be a cool feature, you know..if you left it at the middle of the street or you parked it at a no-park zone tounge.gif But if you parked it in an ally and if you could lock it, then you could maybe be able to have them for a long time without disappearing...that would be cool happy.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

Unless they are towed, stolen, or reclaimed, they should stay FOR EV ER.

user posted image

FOR EV ER

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Until you reload the game or too much memory is being used.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

Unless they are towed, stolen, or reclaimed, they should stay FOR EV ER.

Exactly.

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

If you just stole it and then abandoned it, it should stay for a day or so, when police find it and match it with a recent stolen car report from the owner of the vehicle. If you killed the owner, it should take a day longer, becuase his or her family should have reported the the missing person after about a day, and it should take another day for the police to discover the car.

If you blew it up, people should have called the authorities immediately, and so police should arrive at the scene. If you're not there, then they just take pictures, investigate for a few hours (trying to find DNA samples, fingerprints, etc...) and tow away the traffic obstruction after those few hours.

Fluid Rockstar
  • Fluid Rockstar

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

Yeah I remember having a tricked-out low rider and I wanted to run 2 blocks away to spray a Vagos graffiti and when I came back it was gone. I was like wtf.

death 2 the prom king
  • death 2 the prom king

I KILLED THE PROM KING OF THE CENTURY

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:58 AM

at least half a day it would maybe make sense.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:01 AM

the 12hr seems ok.

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:07 AM

Maybe where you abandon it or the time of day should be a factor like if you leave it in a car park it should stay there for ages but if you leave it in the road it should be gone quickly but not at night cars should only dissapear during the day.

FrozenFire
  • FrozenFire

Holy crap

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:12 AM

Yes, I like the idea of where you park it affects how long it stays.

If you park your car in a bad neighborhood, it should be stolen very fast (Maybe if you stick around, you can watch as some theives come up and take it)

If you park in a nice neighborhood, it will stay there for longer.

If you park in a parking lot, it stays there for days, then it's towed.

Just some thoughts.

XMike
  • XMike

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (soleil @ Jun 11 2007, 19:39)
If you just stole it and then abandoned it, it should stay for a day or so, when police find it and match it with a recent stolen car report from the owner of the vehicle. If you killed the owner, it should take a day longer, becuase his or her family should have reported the the missing person after about a day, and it should take another day for the police to discover the car.

If you blew it up, people should have called the authorities immediately, and so police should arrive at the scene. If you're not there, then they just take pictures, investigate for a few hours (trying to find DNA samples, fingerprints, etc...) and tow away the traffic obstruction after those few hours.

you're kidding, right?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (XMike @ Jun 11 2007, 19:49)
QUOTE (soleil @ Jun 11 2007, 19:39)
If you just stole it and then abandoned it, it should stay for a day or so, when police find it and match it with a recent stolen car report from the owner of the vehicle.  If you killed the owner, it should take a day longer, becuase his or her family should have reported the the missing person after about a day, and it should take another day for the police to discover the car.

If you blew it up, people should have called the authorities immediately, and so police should arrive at the scene.  If you're not there, then they just take pictures, investigate for a few hours (trying to find DNA samples, fingerprints, etc...) and tow away the traffic obstruction after those few hours.

you're kidding, right?

He's not. He is very desciptive.

tacojoe
  • tacojoe

Mother Éucker

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

They should stay there like in realistic life. if you stay away from it for too long about 6h in game hrs. it would get towed or stolen.

Lonely_One
  • Lonely_One

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:48 AM

Are you kidding me, it being towed or stolen in six hours is not realistic. I think a full GTA day until it disappears would be best.

HAYDZBABE
  • HAYDZBABE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:55 AM

No I agree with the different areas affecting how long it takes for your car to be stolen.

And also, what about vandalism or stripping?
You leave your car in a bad neighbourhood, come back the next day and the only thing that's left is the body, nothing else.

rah.gif

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (xNewtype Acex @ Jun 11 2007, 20:36)
At least an in-game day.

depends on the place maybe wow.gif

jon223
  • jon223

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (HAYDZBABE @ Jun 11 2007, 20:55)
No I agree with the different areas affecting how long it takes for your car to be stolen.

And also, what about vandalism or stripping?
You leave your car in a bad neighbourhood, come back the next day and the only thing that's left is the body, nothing else.

rah.gif

cryani.gif someone tried to strip my hubcaps but didnít realized that they where firmly attached to the tire so now I have a half of a hubcap cryani.gif

I like the vandalism idea, I would try to get my car tagged, would be fun if you could do it myself, load in pics and paint them on your car or even generic ones rockstar made would be hella fun and cool way to decorate your car

What would be even more fun would be to load into your buddies game and tag all of his cars in his garage will he/she is not paying attention

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users