Quantcast

» «
Photo

Closed or open map

160 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you want the map open or sectioned off from the start? (621 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want the map open or sectioned off from the start?

1. Open. I'd like to be able to go anywhere from the start. (167 votes [28.11%])

Percentage of vote: 28.11%

2. Closed. I prefer playing through one section at a time. (340 votes [57.24%])

Percentage of vote: 57.24%

3. It doesn't matter. (87 votes [14.65%])

Percentage of vote: 14.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:23 PM

Open : )

matt_hrkac
  • matt_hrkac

Grove st OG!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

i want the bridges to be closed but open up in real time (there is a calander in this game so somthing could be marked on a day a bridge is expected to re-open) rather then compleate sertain missions as you will be doing (or can do) more than 1 mission at a time which would make t kinda confusing.

Vendetta IV
  • Vendetta IV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

I think all the bridges should be unrealisticly closed or w/e, but they take off the wanted level for entering a new area, in essense its both realistic and unrealistic and everyone gets what they want. If you want to explore the whole city from the start, have fun swimming half a mile to another island (Or catch a boat) If you want to unlock the other areas, do the missions which- after doing your certain cliche' mission- will unlock the new area(s). If all you people who have no self control and are selfish little turds who want them to be locked because you can't keep yourself from swimming or stealing a boat to go to a new island, I pity you.

My two cents. orly.gif

fatcity
  • fatcity

You'll get nothing and you'll like it

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

Someone may have mentioned this.... since so much of the map will be interiors, what if the interiors of all but the section you start in are closed at the beginning of the game? Rather than opening up new portions of the map as you progress, all of the map is open, but interiors are closed.

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

I dont know...

It only happened in III, When we first started the game we was in portland for quite a long time, when i unlocked staunton i couldent memorize it all and stuff. I get bored then go back to the place i'm familair with...

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (fatcity @ Jan 22 2008, 13:38)
Someone may have mentioned this.... since so much of the map will be interiors, what if the interiors of all but the section you start in are closed at the beginning of the game? Rather than opening up new portions of the map as you progress, all of the map is open, but interiors are closed.

hmm... nah don't like that.. i'd prefer the map closed... i'd like to be in one are and just get so hyped to unlock a new area biggrin.gif tounge.gif
+ u get to know the different places mmore when it's closed...

chapman_bobby
  • chapman_bobby

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:57 PM

I'd prefer a closed map. It's both traditional to the series, plus it's a great way to learn a section well before proceeding further. I also find the achievement of opening up the other map to be a great deal of fun. However, I would like to be able to get to the other areas early if I really want to ie swim or jump a gap or whatever. That way I can explore if I want.

-Bobby

Randomhero157
  • Randomhero157

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

How would it ruin anything? IF it was open just go there and explore...How is that ruining it? You people are weird.

LCM
  • LCM

o.0

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Randomhero157 @ Jan 22 2008, 16:03)
How would it ruin anything? IF it was open just go there and explore...How is that ruining it? You people are weird.

Alot of us like to pace ourselves.

Randomhero157
  • Randomhero157

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

Is Albany a place in the city? I heard it was but wasn't sure if it were true.

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

It doesn't matter if it's locked or unlocked. The only problem they'll have if they lock is that they'll need a good excuse this time to lock Liberty (remembering, GTA3 = broken bridge + tunnel construction, GTAVC(S) = hurricane, GTASA = earthquake + police on your tail, GTALCS = ferry strike + bridge construction).

But both is good. Locked to increase your curiosity, and unlocked to let you cruise around since the begining.

QUOTE (Randomhero157 @ Jan 22 2008, 14:07)
Is Albany a place in the city? I heard it was but wasn't sure if it were true.

Maybe Alderney, not Albany, unless it's a street name.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users