Closed or open map
Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:32 PM
Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:44 PM
i think you will be able to explore the city from the beginning (and enter all interiors) ,but this time it won't be so needed or fun, because if you break in in some house, beat someone up, drive over the speed limit you will get busted. and that could make all this mayhem thing too frustrating, that you won't really want to cross the line so much as before (you still be able to do it but it will be harder and not so much fun) because the police would be more real, but you could do small (but fun) things ,like mugging people or threat them with a gun (AND MAKE THEM DANCE OR STRIP NAKED)...
Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:05 PM
But now in GTA4 its going to be really tempting....since rockstars adding more popups...well be able to see cars driving on the FDR Drive and all the beautiful skyline lights....
But i guess its for the better...
Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:08 PM
It will be exciting to see what they have done.
Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:08 PM
sure is a bit less "realistic" but it gives you a chance to learn the section and know your way around with out always looking at minimap.
Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:12 PM
|QUOTE (jack thompson @ Jun 11 2007, 12:50)|
|i know it has not been confirmed yet, and R* themselves are not sure what they are gonna do, but would you prefer an open map from the beginning or closed?|
You should of gave the option "I don't know" because I seriously don't. I almost wonder if I would have played the story if SA was open from the start. The story was great, it's just I'm an explorer.... So I'm on the fence regarding this issue.
I voted closed because it is in my best interest...lol
Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:32 AM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:45 AM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:38 AM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:49 AM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:01 AM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:21 AM
If they do decide to close the map I hope they give a good reason.
Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:29 AM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:39 AM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:02 PM
Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:29 PM
Then i sat and thought about it.
When i first played GTA3, aside from doign the missions straight away i just used to drive around, exploring the Portland, going on rampages etc, untill i really wore the streets out. Then finally wehn i unlocked Staunton Island, i never wanted to go back to Portland, because i had burned through it so much as i was limited to that area, that i became bored of it, there for i dont think i hardly returned there after.
The same goes for Vice City, Restricted to the First side of the city made me bored of it by the time i got to the second side of it.
Now this could be just me i dont know but i love the way in Oblivion, right at the begining of the game you are just chucked into the wilderness with a sense of "There you go, do what you want, go wherever you want, there are no limits"
None of the map in Oblivion is cut off, you are able to explore all you want from the word go. Not only did it reframe from allowing me to become bored of my surroundings but everytime i play that game i discover something new, so theres always a feeling of "unlocking something" or achieving something".
So i say give us the whole city from the start!
Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:04 AM
If a bridge breaks down, it will be fixed in 3-4 weeks depending on damage.
Ferries, pffff, u can take a differnet boat
swimming? why not? u cant swim, well actually thats a good reason......nvm.....
Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:44 PM
1. There will be war on the other territories.
2. If you complete missions for one territory, the war in the next territory ends (you end it with your missions)
3. You can't go to other areas by air or sea (Hunters and armed soldiers in boats)
4. You can go to other areas by land.
5. There will be closed gates on the bridges, and soldiers with tanks and armed cars & trucks guarding it.
6. You are asked nice to leave if you get to the bridges.
7. If you refuse you get arrested.
8. You can not stop at the gates and break the gate with a stronger car or truck.
9. 75% of the soldiers will not run after you and try to blow up your car or truck.
10. The rest of the soldiers will hop on cars, trucks and tanks and try to stop you.
11. 5-star wanted level when going to other areas early.
12. If you manage to run (Pay 'n' Spray or smth), you can stay in the area.
13. In the streets you will be shot (during the war)
14. In the territories in war there is no trafic.
15. No cars to steal except for the army ones.
16. No stores can be visited (all closed)
18. After all it is really hard and useless to stay in other areas before unlocking them.
Tell me now what do you think.
Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:00 PM
Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:06 PM
Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:15 AM
Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:17 AM
Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:07 AM
Lets say that the Russian Mafia (confirmed to be in the game) are based in Algonquin. If you crossed the bridge into Algonquin, all the Russian gangsters would drive up and waste you almost instantly, because Roman owes them money or they don't like you or trust you.
Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:19 AM
Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:25 AM
Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:36 AM
|QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Jul 28 2007, 02:25)|
|...not being familiar with the area...|
I thought that was the whole premise for the game - an immigrant in a unfamiliar place, right?
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users