Photo

Early Side-Missions In Locked-Off Areas

290 replies to this topic
bman_triads
  • bman_triads

The Last Dance - Of Lance Vance

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:36 AM

good job m8(im mariomanlite on youtube) i liked it. Its just too bad i have the muscle glitch (icant get my muscle to stay) its always going down sad.gif suicidal.gif

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (jheath @ Nov 7 2007, 01:45)
Good point.  I think you either need to drop to two stars while flying, or drop to three stars and then exit and re-enter the aircraft to make the hydras fly off.  At any rate, it looks like my "collect one star" suggestion was off.

You are for sure a much better pilot than I am.  I haven't had much luck collecting the Fallen Tree bribe by plane.

Well, - judge for yourself wink.gif

Although it will fit in any decent sized puddle, - I don't know if it will fit in the Corona garage.

Some nice finds there Orion! I never thought of checking the NRG challenge NRG-500.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Nov 12 2007, 15:56)
Well, - judge for yourself wink.gif

[snip vid]

Although it will fit in any decent sized puddle, - I don't know if it will fit in the Corona garage.

Some nice finds there Orion! I never thought of checking the NRG challenge NRG-500.

Very nice. I guess that's why they call it the Skimmer biggrin.gif

Steve

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:10 PM Edited by OrionSR, 12 November 2007 - 05:12 PM.

Mercy. It seems you are getting the gang of that new controller. Perhaps you'll soon be back to your old form and ready to try out a few river jumps. Well done Phreak, another nice video to add to your collection. BTW, there's a nod to our old Fun with NOE buddy in the chain game, but I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will ever find it.

The Night Fox
  • The Night Fox

I can resist everything but temptation

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

give this a Pin, it is a great guide for master save game makers.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (The Night Fox @ Nov 12 2007, 14:17)
give this a Pin, it is a great guide for master save game makers.

It is pinned you fool.

And will please stop spamming in the SA forums. There are quite few poeple in mission help that are annoyed by all your spamming.

xt0ny
  • xt0ny

Whoa

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (The Night Fox @ Nov 12 2007, 17:17)
give this a Pin, it is a great guide for master save game makers. i am gay

Wow, I didn't know that... you son of a bitch!

The Night Fox
  • The Night Fox

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:29 PM Edited by The Night Fox, 12 November 2007 - 06:30 PM.

QUOTE (xt0ny @ Nov 12 2007, 18:26)

stop f**cking editing my posts you moron, because if anyone is gay it's you

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (The Night Fox @ Nov 12 2007, 15:29)

How the hell can he edit your posts. He isn't an admin he doesn't have that right or ability. And your the one calling us moron's . Go look in the miror buddy.

Also im sick of you spamming in every SA topic, so i have sent a PM so a Moderator.

The Night Fox
  • The Night Fox

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Nov 12 2007, 18:33)
QUOTE (The Night Fox @ Nov 12 2007, 15:29)

How the hell can he edit your posts. He isn't an admin he doesn't have that right or ability. And your the one calling us moron's . Go look in the miror buddy.

Also im sick of you spamming in every SA topic, so i have sent a PM so a Moderator.

did you not notice that when he was quoting my post, he edited it, what an Asshole

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:12 PM

Stop fighting. Please take it to Yahoo chat if you want a fight, or at least Habbo. Not here

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

Seems like the flames has died out sarcasm.gif Time to tie up a few loose ends.

I said earlier on this thread that undrowned News Choppers wasn't chased by Hydra's, turns out that isn't the entire truth.
In fact once CJ has undrowned a News Chopper he isn't chased by Hydra's at all!, he can change aircraft as often as he likes! Only helicopters give chase.
Something in the procedure stops the Hydra's from comming.
It probably isn't related to undrowning, - because Hydra's do chase your own undrowned helicopter (one you brought yourself).
And News Choppers jacked in the air is also chased (vigourously) by the Hydra's.

Haven't had much luck getting a Hydra to fall in the water off Santa Maria beach (for possible recovery).
But I did notice something funny, - the missiles do work underwater! They just move ridicously slow, - like walking pace lol.gif

The Hydra's drop in the water liberally above the Dam though, - but CJ seems unable to move them while swimming (I don't know a way to trigger the underwater glitch up there)

As for getting a Stuntplane, - I'm getting doubts about those actually flying around? Lately I've only seen Beagles, Rustlers and Cropdusters.

I almost airjacked a Beagle comming down low over a hill around Vinewood, - had CJ going for the doorhandle.
But I don't know if that will work with a Rustler (with the "door" being behind the wing).

Btw. the Beagle is obtainable early using other methods, - the one in Ft. Carson spawns unlocked from the beginning.
But it's going to be difficult to get it out of driveway with 4*'s.
  • OG Viking likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Nov 14 2007, 15:48)
I said earlier on this thread that undrowned News Choppers wasn't chased by Hydra's, turns out that isn't the entire truth.
In fact once CJ has undrowned a News Chopper he isn't chased by Hydra's at all!, he can change aircraft as often as he likes! Only helicopters give chase.
It probably isn't related to undrowning, - because Hydra's do chase your own undrowned helicopter (one you brought yourself).
And News Choppers jacked in the air is also chased (vigourously) by the Hydra's.

I think you are on to something. I've had the no-hydra glitch/feature on a very few occasions, and never figured out how to trigger when I wanted. Do you think this might be the answer to easy horseshoes and snapshots?

The only thing I can think of that might be related, is an observation that the SF airport seems to provide some temporary protection from Hydras. I've noticed this mostly with the Maverick. CJ can usually get in, get off the ground, and travel some distance without getting chased by the Hydra. However, exiting and re-entering seems to clear this protection. Strangely enough, on a modified save with an enlarged PnS, the Hydra spawns immediately after the spraying begins but before the stars are cleared, so he gets one free shot on a new painted aircraft, and CJ can't move until the spraying ends.

jheath
  • jheath

Nameless Redshirt

• Members

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Nov 14 2007, 16:48)
... once CJ has undrowned a News Chopper he isn't chased by Hydra's at all!, he can change aircraft as often as he likes! Only helicopters give chase.

Add this to the list of damn interesting things you've discovered. I wonder if perhaps the game engine gets confused about the altitude it should be spawning the Hydras when you jack the news chopper underwater... the exact combo of circumstances for this to happen (only a News Chopper, only when jacked underwater) is pretty unique.

The missiles underwater thing is pretty funny... I noticed it when I ditched my plane into the water, and then saw the previously fired missile slowly working its way to the drowned craft.

The Hydra's drop in the water liberally above the Dam though, - but CJ seems unable to move them while swimming (I don't know a way to trigger the underwater glitch up there)

I've tried entering blue hell and trying to see if there is any weak spot in the walls and floor of the lake, but no luck. What's more, I haven't had any success getting them to drown intact; the only ones I get are the stupid ones that fly right into the cliffs surrounding the dam, so their planes have already blown up by the time they reach the water.

Now that you mention it, I can't recall if the biplanes periodically flying overhead are Stuntplanes or Crop Dusters, or both. Seems like it's only Dusters.

Btw. the Beagle is obtainable early using other methods, - the one in Ft. Carson spawns unlocked from the beginning.
But it's going to be difficult to get it out of driveway with 4*'s.

I can't even get it out with no stars, my friend. I'm probably incompetent. In any case, that Beagle spawn is really odd; it slides effortlessly within the space of that driveway (other Beagles are much more difficult to push), and it looks like it gets critically damaged during the spawning process itself. Just after the Beagle comes into view, you can see smoke drifting off from the left engine (it probably drops through the roof of that house). The plane blows up soon after you hop in, even if you don't move anywhere. Towing it out also destroys the plane real quick. I haven't had much luck pushing it out, partly because of the obstacles surrounding the wings, partly because the only parts you can push are the fuselage and the engines. The only methods I've found for obtaining that plane involve cheating. All this effort, for a plane that flys slow, handles poorly, and can't be saved in a garage. tounge.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (jheath @ Nov 17 2007, 19:45)
QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Nov 14 2007, 16:48)

I've tried entering blue hell and trying to see if there is any weak spot in the walls and floor of the lake, but no luck. What's more, I haven't had any success getting them to drown intact; the only ones I get are the stupid ones that fly right into the cliffs surrounding the dam, so their planes have already blown up by the time they reach the water.

I remember reading an old Vortex as a Submarine glitch, but I'm not sure if it works on PC, and never tried it on any system. It has something to do with the unique jump into the water of the upper dam. The camera tends to hold the "uniqueness" and something about driving by radar to the far corner of the map turn the vortex into a submarine. So, perhaps this would provide a method to underwater glitch in the upper dam, but there isn't much hop of finding a vortex on a master save. Still, it's nice to keep all the information related to glitches in one spot. So, has anyone every gotten the sub-vortex glitch to work on PC?

jheath
  • jheath

Nameless Redshirt

• Members

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Nov 17 2007, 22:30)
I remember reading an old Vortex as a Submarine glitch, but I'm not sure if it works on PC, and never tried it on any system. It has something to do with the unique jump into the water of the upper dam. The camera tends to hold the "uniqueness" and something about driving by radar to the far corner of the map turn the vortex into a submarine. So, perhaps this would provide a method to underwater glitch in the upper dam, but there isn't much hop of finding a vortex on a master save. Still, it's nice to keep all the information related to glitches in one spot. So, has anyone every gotten the sub-vortex glitch to work on PC?

I just tried it. Triggering the glitch is simple enough; start the vortex from the gas station up the road for a good angle and to build up enough speed. The camera will indeed stay in cinematic mode after you land on the water. The instructions say to drive to the side of the dam, which will end the cinema and leave you underwater. That last part isn't working on my PC version: I just end up on the surface of the water.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:49 PM Edited by OrionSR, 20 November 2007 - 10:00 AM.

Hey! I got it to work. I don't think this will help with undrowning or anything, but it's still sort of fun to play with. This is what I've got so far:

Take a unique jump with a vortex and land in the water so the cut-away camera maintains it's position. The jump into the SF airport never triggers the camera for me, but I was able to trigger the glitch with the jump near the narrow gap out of the airport. It requires a lot of flight control to avoid hitting anything and land in the water upright.

Anyway, once you've got the camera thing going you need to get out of draw distance range (best guess, about 500 units). The Vortex will start to sink, but it's difficult to tell if it is sinking until you touch something that cancels the camera angle. I'm not sure, but I think it helps to stop and let the vortex settle a little. Once I got lucky and noticed the camera angle was aiming gradually lower, so I knew I had the glitch working then, and bumped into a wall to set the camera to normal.

Added: It appears to help if CJ gets out of sight of the camera. Moving around a corner or hill seems to start the sinking. Touching bottom will cancel the camera; this strategy requires fewer restarts if it's not working. Be careful to avoid hitting things once in sub-mode, this often cancels the effect.

Add the broken bridge jump (eastbound worked, didn't try west) to the list of jumps that can be triggered by a Vortex and landed in water. It's actually a pretty good spot since it doesn't take long to get out of sight or back up to the jump if it doesn't work.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:56 AM Edited by GTA Phreak, 22 November 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Got it to work after a couple of attempts. Very cool cool.gif , - my Vortex flying skills put to new use.

Once you're on the water keep full throttle and full nose-down control, - after some distance (but still in view) there's a splash (like the one you get if you ditch an aircraft), keep full throttle and full nose-down and you'll soon hit the bottom and cancel the camera mode. Works every time. I used the jump by the export ship.

Under water the Vortex has positive boyancy so you need to keep your speed up to stay under (sort of opposite aircraft).
If you want to resurface just slow down to a stop and hold full nose-up. Driving it full speed to the surface is likely to flip it.

user posted image

Created a new topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=300524

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

SA Restricted Area Map

Seemann managed to dig the restricted area coordinates out of the executable, and pdescobar used this information to create a map of the 4 and 5 star restricted areas of San Andreas. The only detail that seems just a tad off, is that the gap to cross the bay is on the LV side of the Amphibious Assault Ship, even though it looks like there is more room on the other side. <Reference Link>

user posted image

70 out of 70 Jump Completed

If someone really wanted to score all 70 jumps on a master save, it should be possible by script switching and alternate executables. The idea is that v2 doesn't see v1 barriers, and the other way around. So, someone with access to v1 and v2 or v3 executables could swaps the scripts appropriately to complete the Gant Bridge jump that is blocked by an invisible barrier.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:24 PM

Cool, - very useful map !

One thing though, - there's definitely a 3rd dimension to the military areas. If you fly over at some height (you don't need to be very high) then the stars don't trigger.
Also if you approach the navalbase on the seabed (underwater glitch or Vortex sub) you can get much closer without triggering, and the seabed under the Carrier is totally unrestricted.

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

The box over area 69 should be wider.
You get stars if you just drive with a car on the road around the area sad.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Jan 11 2008, 18:24)
Cool, - very useful map !

One thing though, - there's definitely a 3rd dimension to the military areas. If you fly over at some height (you don't need to be very high) then the stars don't trigger.
Also if you approach the navalbase on the seabed (underwater glitch or Vortex sub) you can get much closer without triggering, and the seabed under the Carrier is totally unrestricted.

Based on what Orion quoted from the IPLs, there are indeed Z limits for the military bases.

At Easter basin, the stars should trigger between altitudes of -10.6598 and 140.26
At Area69 the stars should trigger between altitudes of -1.06643 and 73.9336

There's basically no way to map them though.

------------------------

@Bad~Boy: If you look closely you'll see that the only part of that dirt road which triggers the stars is in the SE corner. Try it out in-game and you'll see the map is accurate.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:19 AM

Sorry for the random bump, but just to check...

All rubregg's videos show him flying out of LS in a Shamal... Is he spawning it? I can only find the Rustler, which is nowhere near fast enough to get to, say, the Emerald Isle without Hydras shooting me down.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:31 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 25 January 2008 - 12:46 PM.

QUOTE (Struff Bunstridge @ Jan 25 2008, 06:19)
Sorry for the random bump, but just to check...

All rubregg's videos show him flying out of LS in a Shamal... Is he spawning it? I can only find the Rustler, which is nowhere near fast enough to get to, say, the Emerald Isle without Hydras shooting me down.

There's one Shamal inside Los Santos Airport, two inside Las Venturas Airport, and at least one inside San Fierro Airport, but all fixed-wing aircraft in SF Airport have locked-doors until Pilot School has been completed.

To answer your question: The Shamal inside LS Airport is available from the beginning of the game, for PC anyway, not sure about other platforms.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:08 PM

Thanks zoom, guess I'll have to look harder. I'm on PS2, and I've never seen one...

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:26 PM

The Shamal can be found here: http://www.gtasanand...0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

It should be there on PS2 (I think sam works with data from the PS2 version?)
On rare occasions it won't spawn, - move away and approach it from a different direction.

Also I guess you're mixing up the Rustler and the Dodo, - there's only 1 Rustler spawn from the beginning (at SF airport) and it is locked.

The Dodo is perfectly usable to enter 4* territory, you just need to dodge some of those missiles.
A missile shot directly from behind is hard to dodge because the Dodo is slow, - so keep zig zagging (hugging buildings and/or terrain if possible) to avoid that the Hydra gets that perfect shot.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:42 PM Edited by Struff Bunstridge, 25 January 2008 - 01:46 PM.

Fantastic, thank you.

And yes, I was confusing Rustler and Dodo. I seem to do that with a lot of vehicles, just forget all the names really quickly. I generally use BMX's to get around for manoeuvrability.

Edit: Interestingly, the map provided in the Maps of San Andreas topic in this forum doesn't show any spawns at all in LS airport, although there are plenty in SF airport.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Struff Bunstridge @ Jan 25 2008, 08:42)
Edit: Interestingly, the map provided in the Maps of San Andreas topic in this forum doesn't show any spawns at all in LS airport, although there are plenty in SF airport.

That map only shows the SCM-defined vehicle generators; the planes in the LS airport are all defined in IPL files.

And Phreak is correct that SAM (mostly) uses data from the original PS2 version; that's why the extra hotdog trucks that never made it to the PC are shown.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Jan 25 2008, 23:49)
That map only shows the SCM-defined vehicle generators; the planes in the LS airport are all defined in IPL files.

I'm afraid I don't know what SCM and IPL mean sad.gif

But I think I get the gist. Thanks pdescobar icon14.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

Guide updated

I've finally come around to updating the guide and adding some of the things that have come up in this topic and elsewhere. Shout if I've missed a biggie. All updates are coloured yellow .

Enjoy biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users