341 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 3 weeks ago

A noticeable difference in the streaming IPL files was the loss of many of the vehicles in rural areas in the PC version. For example, PC doesn't have the Hotdog trucks parked along the Panopticon beach or between Dillimore and Blueberry. 

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Any reasons why Blood Bowl removes the Machine Pistol Ammo?  Second time through an SA Starter Save, second time losing the Weapon + Ammo after passing this Side Mission.  PS2 Only?  All Versions lose the Weapon + Ammo?

This is only my third day playing and I am actually almost done with it, lol

10.16% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 0 Missions Failed, 0 Pay and Spray Visits, 4 Safehouse Visits, 6:22 Total Playing Time, and 1 Special Vehicle and 3 Rare Vehicle. Backed it up on my USB Drive.

The 3 Rare Vehicles I have are the Bloodring Banger, Dune, and Seasparrow.

Today was pretty cool.  I managed to do all 3 Chiliad Challenges in a row, back to back to back, and then came back to Los Santos, lost the Wanted Level and did BMX Challenge.

I have 12 Missions Passed / 14 Missions Attempted (2 Offsets are from Chiliad Challenge(s)).  Although, this is normal.  Cuz just as a test a little while ago, I completed NRG-500 Challenge just to see what would happen in the Stats and that indeed, and like last time in my old Starter Save, adds +1 to PASSED but NOTHING to Attempts.  Thus 13 Passed / 14 Attempts.  Only one Offset by 13.90% Completion like last time.  It'll be 16 Passed / 17 Attempts by the end...

Tomorrow I will do Burger Shot, Dirt Track, and Get Sandking back to Los Santos.

My longest non stop Run before saving the game was 2 Hours and 6 Minutes, but with 6 Hours and 22 Minutes Total Playing Time, you can clearly see that every time I do a Run, it's well over 90 Minutes on average...Like I said, I am going big this time and not saving very often in the process.  Doing it tenfold better than my old Starter Save and from doing it like this, I won't need to do it again.  I already did 50 Taxi Fares in a row with ZERO Pay and Spray Visits while I had 3 just from Taxi Fares in my old Starter Save.  Keeping that at 0 for the entire thing.

• SpriteFan274 likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Bloodbowl saves and restores the SMG ammo so it won't be overwritten by the large ammo supplied by the mission. This process breaks down for Micro-SMG and Tec-9s. If you want to keep your ammo then bring an SMG to the mission. If you've glitched far too much ammo and are annoyed that your clip-count has disappeared then bring one of the smaller uzis.

Note that the Ammu-nation challenge will eat all ammo from the pump action shotgun. I appreciate a strategy for getting rid of too ammo and which there were more.

Gratz on the Chiliad Hit Trick. I've attempted that times and again but never got the timing right. Wanna try 4-star challenge I don't anyone's pulled off before? Complete 50 taxi fares in a row in restricted SF. I've pulled it off a few times with a BP taxi but it seems like it should be possible without that bonus. It would probably help to have Michelle's garage available. But then again, part of the trick is staying outside of passenger zones to freeze the timer for repairs, but PS2 has more peds along the SF waterfront.

You probably know this already but it's worth repeating anyway. Don't carry around a parachute that you don't intend to use right away. I've failed far too many long mission runs due to sort falls that catch a bit of air. 

Two tricks I haven't exploited much are tear gas and honking. I figured I'd learn about tear gas for an early Rustler collection eventually but never really needed it otherwise. And reports suggest that honking will prevent cops from busting CJ in a vehicle, but I never think of it in time. Are these strategies part of your 4-star toolbox?

• MorsPrincipiumEst and SpriteFan274 like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the Blood Bowl explanation! :)

What I hate is on PS2, nothing likes to spawn.  So that Sanchez zmoonchild uses to climb the Mountain with?  It didn't spawn for me after the SECOND Chiliad Challenge, thus I had to use the Mountain Bike to power up the Mountain.  Thing is, Sanchez is actually WORSE.  You can barely use the Sanchez on any near-vertical surfaces, whereas with the Mountain Bike, I was able to do that.  I literally was driving up the Mountain the rocky, grey areas and not even on the paths.  I got onto the Mountain Bike EXACTLY 7:00 and I got onto the Mountain Bike for the third and final Chiliad Challenge, Cobra Run, at 17:25.  Trying to mimic zmoonchild's Video, I was pretty close to being done at the exact times he was, only I used the Mountain Bike to climb the Mountain on the second Challenge instead of the Sanchez.  I even fell off the Sanchez once and ran on foot the rest of the way up, lol...

I'll pass, lol :D :p  Taxi Fares are an absolute nightmare for me even in Los Santos and it's mainly due to the f*cked up AI in this game.  Vehicles love to just T-Bone the sh*t out of you and act like you're not even in their way.  They will just drive into you.  I try and do it with no Pay and Spray Visits.  If the Taxi is damaged, you won't be able to pick up any more fares until it's repaired.  Believe it or not, that happened to me on Fare f*cking 47.  I was so pissed.  Had to redo the entire Run all cuz I don't want any Pay and Sprays.  Glad that nonsense is done.  Taxi Driver is my least favorite part about the SA Starter Save...

Yeah, I don't have any Parachute in my Inventory and don't plan to EVER get one.  I only need that for the Story Missions which contain the AP Vehicles that can't be destroyed any other way unless you use the Parachute on it...

About Honking...You can still get busted.  The only difference is the Cops will be less likely to do it.  For instance, they will throw up their hands at you and act all pissed off, rather than run straight toward your Bike and elbow you off.  So basically, you have a second or two more to get back on the Bike and accelerate forward.  It's not like you can stay still, lay on the horn, and never be busted.  Eventually you WILL be busted...

I can't wait to start doing the Collectibles again in SF/LV.  It's seriously the best part about the Starter Save.  Always kept on the edge of my seat.

I hope Hippy Shopper goes a bit easier this time.  That caused me issues in my old Starter Save.  In fact, had to respray the damn Freeway TWICE just to get through that Side Mission.  Too many Enforcer Roadblocks and their Machine Pistols destroying it.  Also popped tires, etc, etc.  Hippy Shopper with 4 Stars sucks and Taxi Driver sucks.  Those are the only 2 things I hate in the Starter Save, basically...Not tomorrow, but the following day, I will be doing NRG-500 Challenge and Hippy Shopper, probably some Snapshots, too, all in the same Run, of course...

• SpriteFan274 likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 2 weeks ago.

13.90% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 0 Missions Failed (17 Mission Attempts / 16 Missions Passed - 1 Offset from Chiliad Challenge), 0 Pay and Spray Visits, 15 Safehouse Visits, 14:10 Total Playing Time, 1 Special Vehicle, and 10 Rare Vehicles!

anxtZJ5.jpg?1

Rare Vehicle Collection + EC Black Perennial

gdXS7lF.jpg?1

FprH8fb.jpg?1

nUwuoJp.jpg?1

I don't think there has been anyone to do the Starter Save under 20 Safehouse Visits to date, especially not with these Rare Vehicles on top of it...The closest is probably zmoonchild, but he never had such Rare Vehicles included in his 20+ Safehouse Visits Starter Saves.  This one is incredible...Glad that is over...

And like last time, Chiliad Challenge adds TWO Attempts....BUT NRG-500 Challenge adds NO Attempts, but ONE to Passed, thus canceling out one of the Offsets from the Chiliad Challenges.

Weapons That Are Hitman: Sawn Off Shotgun, Machine Pistol, SMG, AK-47, and M4.

Skills That Are Maxed: Cycling Skill and Bike Skill.

Max Stamina and Lung Capacity Reached.

Like last time, ZERO Meals Eaten.  Everything is as low as I could physically do it.  Granted, I saved after NE NRG-500, Turismo, and Phoenix.  Don't obtain them?  12 Safehouse Visits.  It was also a pain in the ass to do such long runs and once finished, bring back a Bullet from SF or a Sandking from the Desert, etc, etc.  Without Rare Vehicles, it's easy to do this Starter Save in 10 Safehouse Visits, tbh...

Oh, and my Total Playing Time is quicker by 59 Minutes compared to my old Starter Save, too.  25 less Safehouse Visits, and 6 less Pay and Spray Visits...

• OrionSR, Nostalgia, GTAGuy1995 and 1 other like this

Pohchi
  • Pohchi

I see a silly face :)

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't think there has been anyone to do the Starter Save under 20 Safehouse Visits to date, especially not with these Rare Vehicles on top of it...The closest is probably zmoonchild, but he never had such Rare Vehicles included in his 20+ Safehouse Visits Starter Saves.  This one is incredible...Glad that is over...

you fooking w0t m9? has 7 safehouse visits on PC and 3 on Mobile, and Vanhela made a starter save together with Ghost Ryder and it also has 7 (or 8) saves. The link to their save is in Lennart's profile.

Also,

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SpriteFan274, 2 weeks ago.

In FR's Video, at the pure beginning, you can clearly see that he has an Autosave called "Big Smoke"... With Autosave you can have an incredibly low Safehouse Visit Stat. Simply, anyone can do that and then brag about the Stats...

Also, at the end of the Video you can clearly see the Phone ringing, which indicates that he most likely used OM0 Stuff too in the Starter Save.

It's funny how people keep posting FR's Videos on the Forums because he can't do it himself because he's banned... I don't know who you are Pohchi, but I can safely assume that he asked you to post his Video here.

EDIT: I know he loads it up from the 6th Save... What I meant is that he clearly has an Autosave from Big Smoke which can easily be used to manipulate very low Safehouse Visits Stats...

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Pohchi
  • Pohchi

I see a silly face :)

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 2 weeks ago

In FR's Video, at the pure beginning, you can clearly see that he loads up the Save with Autosave... With Autosave you can have an incredibly low Safehouse Visit Stat. Simply, anyone can do that and then brag about the Stats...

Also, at the end of the Video you can clearly see the Phone ringing, which indicates that he most likely used OM0 Stuff too in the Starter Save.

It's funny how people keep posting FR's Videos on the Forums because he can't do it himself because he's banned... I don't know who you are Pohchi, but I can safely assume that he asked you to post his Video here.

He loads up the 6th slot, not the autosave. The phone us ringing because after Big Smoke you will get Hernandez's call.

OM0 can't be achieved on the Mobile version before Tanker Commander, so that's nonsense as well.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

I know the Starter Save was loaded from the 6th Slot... But let's assume it like this. He started a new Game, went ahead and did all Save File Name Changing Side Missions (which are only the BMX, NRG-500 and Chiliad Challenges and Stadium Challenges as far as I can remember) and then Big Smoke.

And why doesn't he show the Stats after loading up the Autosave so we can see the Percentage in FR's second Video which clearly tries to provocate me from the Video Title? There's always a way to hide the bullsh*t. We could probably see that he didn't do the Collectibles before entering Carl's House, which would all be used to Autosave for later on...

I'm not trying to argue or anything, I'm asking for evidence that the Starter Save was completed fairly... In FR's History of SA, he used to have very bad Stats for all SS's, but how come he suddenly became good at it?

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Yakuza Y2
  • Yakuza Y2

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A week ago

His SA starter save on PC (Made over a month ago) is nearly perfect as well.

He has just deleted every save except his starter save to run some tests with missions like Architectural Espionage for OrionSR. And before you say that this is bullsh*t, it's not. OrionSR needs help on documenting glitched autosaves (and perhaps making tools to remove these extra objects).

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Its almost consistent and really easy. No need for Vigilante and no need to continuesly drive back and forth (if you try this in a starter save itll be much easier)

Also i am posting it in two topics as it is related to both.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

I would like to point out that 'not letting garage close' has no effect on NE. The only thing that matters is when garage is opened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users