» «
Photo

Early Side-Missions In Locked-Off Areas

304 replies to this topic
HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:04 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 10 August 2016 - 10:13 PM.

This is still one of my favorite threads.

Acknowledgements

The 13.37% status is a great time achieving before taking on a single main story line mission.  This process for a master start save is top for game pliability, replay of the other missions for multiple purposes while saving time all round.

The number of kills that you will achieve before the mission is likely very high.  The amount of people killed by others is likely to be high as well, especially if you drive carefully to avoid damage in LV, because the police blaze right through crowds pretty often.  This people buffer does reduce the amount of police vehicles that chase you to begin with, presumably in contradiction with the intention of the designers when it results in a high amount of kills by others that it achieves.

Don't forget to check out the GTA SA Special Vehicle Guide in the pinned area of this section to see what other goodies from your girlfriends in locked off areas that are easy to attain during this adventurous process with the other pinned threads. http://gtaforums.com...-vehicle-guide/

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:13 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 10 August 2016 - 10:53 PM.

Stats:

MjcUH8W.jpg?1

xH31ucA.jpg?1

DJFwJ0d.jpg?1

NCvMKoT.jpg?1

7ECQ4ZF.jpg?1

Rare Vehicle Collection:

2CibHLe.jpg?1

nugyDgP.jpg?1

EXgTETP.jpg?1

I did 13.90%.  This includes Big Smoke passed and the acquisition of the EC Black Perennial from Big Smoke.  It's not essential to do Big Smoke, hence 13.37%, but I preferred to do Big Smoke which was the extra .53% which gave me 13.90%.  I also obtained some Rare Vehicles from locked off territories as well as well as Vigilante.  The Turismo from LV to LS was probably the hardest part about any of this.  More annoying to get the Turismo back than it was to get the Phoenix in Vigilante or any other task required for the Starter Save.  I have NO Girlfriends early and I did NOT do any Stunt Jumps.  NO Burglary, either.  NO Fast Food Restaurants, as well.  It's a myth that you actually need to eat in SA.  In one of my Saves on PS2, I have "Meals Eaten: 1" and it's only from the Mission Ryder since you're forced to eat.  You don't need to unlock Fast Food Restaurants in a Starter Save...

Make note that on the Mobile Versions of SA, since the Gyms are open from the beginning, you can learn the Gym Moves in LS/SF/LV, which will bring you to 14.97% (Without Big Smoke Passed) or 15.50% (With Big Smoke Passed).

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy likes this

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia

Starter Save Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

Joshimuz a GTA speedrunner who I've been following for a while - recently posted this video of doing a speedrun of the snapshots at the beginning of the game and he's thinking about doing a 13:37 run on YouTube, would be good to see..

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:17 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 18 August 2016 - 12:18 PM.

Yeah, I saw this about 4-5 days ago.  Showed it to someone else in my PM, too.  THIS is what impresses me.  Watching those VC Speedruns of where they skip half the game through some serious glitching exploits isn't my cup of tea and doesn't impress me in the slightest.  Don't even know what is going on, tbh.  But this is all done normally...

The Snapshots through structures doesn't work very well on anything but PC, though, since the Draw Distance is a lot better.  So where these guy's are aiming the camera on PC is NOT where you can aim on PS2.  You won't get the Snapshot.  So if you play anywhere else other than PC, this won't work and you'll need to find your OWN places to stand differently and aim differently.  I don't really care to do this and I just did them normally with a 4 star wanted level riding around on a Motorcycle to each location, basically...Took about 25-30 minutes I suppose.  Don't really care, though.  I am just glad I finished it all...

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy likes this

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia

Starter Save Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

The Snapshots through structures doesn't work very well on anything but PC, though, since the Draw Distance is a lot better.  So where these guy's are aiming the camera on PC is NOT where you can aim on PS2.  You won't get the Snapshot.  So if you play anywhere else other than PC, this won't work and you'll need to find your OWN places to stand differently and aim differently.  I don't really care to do this and I just did them normally with a 4 star wanted level riding around on a Motorcycle to each location, basically...Took about 25-30 minutes I suppose.  Don't really care, though.  I am just glad I finished it all...

Ah, right. Makes sense. I am able to get a few on Xbox through structures but that's it. Hard to remember the exact position to be in as well to get all these ones through walls. But if this guy does do the 13:37 run it would be good to see. Anyone can keep resetting to get a perfect speedrun time, but with a 13:37 run its more challenging and not everything will go perfect every time and it's fun to watch.

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy and MetalMilitia89 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users