Photo

Early Side-Missions In Locked-Off Areas

341 replies to this topic
HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:04 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 10 August 2016 - 10:13 PM.

This is still one of my favorite threads.

Acknowledgements

The 13.37% status is a great time achieving before taking on a single main story line mission.  This process for a master start save is top for game pliability, replay of the other missions for multiple purposes while saving time all round.

The number of kills that you will achieve before the mission is likely very high.  The amount of people killed by others is likely to be high as well, especially if you drive carefully to avoid damage in LV, because the police blaze right through crowds pretty often.  This people buffer does reduce the amount of police vehicles that chase you to begin with, presumably in contradiction with the intention of the designers when it results in a high amount of kills by others that it achieves.

Don't forget to check out the GTA SA Special Vehicle Guide in the pinned area of this section to see what other goodies from your girlfriends in locked off areas that are easy to attain during this adventurous process with the other pinned threads. http://gtaforums.com...-vehicle-guide/

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:13 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 10 August 2016 - 10:53 PM.

Stats:

MjcUH8W.jpg?1

xH31ucA.jpg?1

DJFwJ0d.jpg?1

NCvMKoT.jpg?1

7ECQ4ZF.jpg?1

Rare Vehicle Collection:

2CibHLe.jpg?1

nugyDgP.jpg?1

EXgTETP.jpg?1

I did 13.90%.  This includes Big Smoke passed and the acquisition of the EC Black Perennial from Big Smoke.  It's not essential to do Big Smoke, hence 13.37%, but I preferred to do Big Smoke which was the extra .53% which gave me 13.90%.  I also obtained some Rare Vehicles from locked off territories as well as well as Vigilante.  The Turismo from LV to LS was probably the hardest part about any of this.  More annoying to get the Turismo back than it was to get the Phoenix in Vigilante or any other task required for the Starter Save.  I have NO Girlfriends early and I did NOT do any Stunt Jumps.  NO Burglary, either.  NO Fast Food Restaurants, as well.  It's a myth that you actually need to eat in SA.  In one of my Saves on PS2, I have "Meals Eaten: 1" and it's only from the Mission Ryder since you're forced to eat.  You don't need to unlock Fast Food Restaurants in a Starter Save...

Make note that on the Mobile Versions of SA, since the Gyms are open from the beginning, you can learn the Gym Moves in LS/SF/LV, which will bring you to 14.97% (Without Big Smoke Passed) or 15.50% (With Big Smoke Passed).

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy likes this

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia

Starter Save Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

Joshimuz a GTA speedrunner who I've been following for a while - recently posted this video of doing a speedrun of the snapshots at the beginning of the game and he's thinking about doing a 13:37 run on YouTube, would be good to see..

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:17 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 18 August 2016 - 12:18 PM.

Yeah, I saw this about 4-5 days ago.  Showed it to someone else in my PM, too.  THIS is what impresses me.  Watching those VC Speedruns of where they skip half the game through some serious glitching exploits isn't my cup of tea and doesn't impress me in the slightest.  Don't even know what is going on, tbh.  But this is all done normally...

The Snapshots through structures doesn't work very well on anything but PC, though, since the Draw Distance is a lot better.  So where these guy's are aiming the camera on PC is NOT where you can aim on PS2.  You won't get the Snapshot.  So if you play anywhere else other than PC, this won't work and you'll need to find your OWN places to stand differently and aim differently.  I don't really care to do this and I just did them normally with a 4 star wanted level riding around on a Motorcycle to each location, basically...Took about 25-30 minutes I suppose.  Don't really care, though.  I am just glad I finished it all...

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia

Starter Save Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

The Snapshots through structures doesn't work very well on anything but PC, though, since the Draw Distance is a lot better.  So where these guy's are aiming the camera on PC is NOT where you can aim on PS2.  You won't get the Snapshot.  So if you play anywhere else other than PC, this won't work and you'll need to find your OWN places to stand differently and aim differently.  I don't really care to do this and I just did them normally with a 4 star wanted level riding around on a Motorcycle to each location, basically...Took about 25-30 minutes I suppose.  Don't really care, though.  I am just glad I finished it all...

Ah, right. Makes sense. I am able to get a few on Xbox through structures but that's it. Hard to remember the exact position to be in as well to get all these ones through walls. But if this guy does do the 13:37 run it would be good to see. Anyone can keep resetting to get a perfect speedrun time, but with a 13:37 run its more challenging and not everything will go perfect every time and it's fun to watch.

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:07 PM Edited by SpriteFan274, 11 January 2017 - 01:11 PM.

My SA Starter Save on PC has been completed!

I did Big Smoke also and got the EC Black Perennial, so the percentage is 13.90%. All Unique Stunt Jumps except for the Gant Bridge one have been found and completed and Burglary was also passed which gave me a +3 Offset in the Mission Passed/Attempted Stats (the other two offsets were from the Chiliad Challenge).

I apologize for just putting the links here, but the images were too huge and I couldn't resize them...

My Rare Vehicle collection - the same vehicles that Militia obtained in his Starter Save. I also planned to get the Rustler but decided not to, maybe later... 

My stats - I used the Save to File option

Spoiler

Maybe the Save to File option was a mistake, as the Crimes stats show the stats about Gangs, and vice versa. Weird. 

Something I couldn't believe when I uploaded the stats is that Bullets fired and Bullets hit are equal, so 100% accuracy lol. And yes it shows the same numbers in-game. 

I don't like my Safehouse Visits and Days Passed stats, and I know they can be improved, same goes for Playing Time.

Pay and Spray Visits are also at 0, just like Meals Eaten. Wasted and Busted are also at 0, logically.

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

I'm not really sure of the point of doing stuff at other states before they're unlocked unless it gives a reward that can help in earlier states of the game, and also about the idea of stats being kept at as 'perfect' as possible.. I can understand doing like oysters asap to never have to worry about swimming or girlfriends.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

I did Big Smoke also and got the EC Black Perennial, so the percentage is 13.90%. All Unique Stunt Jumps except for the Gant Bridge one have been found and completed and Burglary was also passed which gave me a +3 Offset in the Mission Passed/Attempted Stats (the other two offsets were from the Chiliad Challenge).

Something I couldn't believe when I uploaded the stats is that Bullets fired and Bullets hit are equal, so 100% accuracy lol. And yes it shows the same numbers in-game. 

I don't like my Safehouse Visits and Days Passed stats, and I know they can be improved, same goes for Playing Time.

Pay and Spray Visits are also at 0, just like Meals Eaten. Wasted and Busted are also at 0, logically.

Odd that it's 3 extra Attempts and not just 2.  Burglary adds an Attempt, that's for sure, and so does ONE of the Chilliad Challenges, but not TWO.  I only have ONE Offset in my PS2 13.90% Starter Save and it's from Chiliad Challenge.  I didn't do Burglary, but if I did, it would be TWO Offsets.  Still not sure how you got 3...

Yeah, I don't get SA's Accuracy.  I usually have poor Accuracy in these games, but every time I play SA, my Bullets Fired and Bullets Hit is practically dead on, if not dead on perfect with 100% Accuracy.  It's just a quirk of SA and it's "easy" to have such a Stat.  My Starter Save also has 100% Accuracy, but it's probably wrong or not adding up properly...

Yeah, I am in the same boat.  I don't like my 15:09 Total Playing Time, 40 Safehouse Visits, and 6 Pay and Spray Visits in my Starter Save for SA, but I DO plan on redoing it in the coming months, so at that time, I will have about 13 Hours Total Playing Time (shooting for that, anyways), 25 Safehouse Visits (shooting for that, anyways), and 0 Pay and Spray Visits.

Yeah, it's simple to have 0 Meals Eaten Stat.  I also have that in my current (old) Starter Save, too, and only ONE Meal Eaten for the 100% Saves.  You are forced to eat during Ryder, but that's all.  Just like you are forced to use a Pay and Spray during Drive-Thru.

Anyways, very good you finished and I am glad you also got your Phoenix and now can start working on the 100% Save! :)

I'm not really sure of the point of doing stuff at other states before they're unlocked

For the Challenge.  Also, for people who like to play the games rather regularly.  So if you're a Completionist, would you want to do all 250 Collectibles in SA over and over when ever you want to do another Save and reach 100%?  Or how about Paramedics Level 12 a bunch of times over and over and over and over?  This is why people do Starter Saves.  Not in SA, but you can reach practically 50% with not even doing a single Mission in III, VC, LCS, and VCS and a lot of the annoying stuff in SA can also be done in the beginning.  Not to mention, it's one of the only Starter Saves I enjoy doing due to the challenge with surviving 4 stars while doing a bunch of stuff in SF and LV and then having to make it back to LS to save the game.  It's just like in IV, you do the Starter Save with a 6 star wanted level and it's totally awesome for the challenge and experience.

Experience > Everything Else...

Also, people like obtaining Rare Vehicles in the beginning in which you ONLY CAN obtain from either Vigilante with a lot of reloading and wasted time as well as locked territory and bringing them back to Los Santos early.  They have them early, since during Gray Imports, you can convert ANY Vehicle in SA into EP/FP form.  So if you have these in the beginning within the Starter Save, you also never have to spend WEEKS trying to re-get them.

Starter Saves are the logical step for any Player who is into GTA thriving for perfection while doing many Saves frequently.  Nobody wants to do all the mundane bullsh*t in these games over and over for 100%, so it's best to get everything and anything that is available in the beginning out of the way so you never have to think about it again...

• OrionSR and SpriteFan274 like this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:35 PM

Hm, I saw zmoonchild's stats for his Starter Save. At the end he had 17 Attempts and 15 Passed. Big Smoke was not completed, but he also did Burglary, which means The Chiliad Challenge only gave him +1 Offset, but I do remember checking the stats and I do remember having a +2 Offset when I finished Cobra Run. I think that I did something wrong... Though it makes more sense to get 2 Offsets from Chiliad Challenge as you activate it 3 times and pass the whole challenge at the end.

I'll probably redo the Save in a year or so, just to improve some stats, but as for now I'm happy with it.

Yeah, the Phoenix was hell, I wasted 1 week for it to spawn. Here's the golden moment of it finally spawning: http://i.imgur.com/vwHNNX7.jpg

toomuchinvigilation
  • toomuchinvigilation

Special Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

About this Phoenix - is there a way to speed up the process of obtaining it from Vigilante? I'm currently doing it on Santa Maria molo, so I can see a different vehicle every 3-5 seconds. After about 7 hours (real time of course) I still haven't been able to find a single Phoenix (neither Bullet or Banshee, but these can be obtained from elsewhere). I've seen about 3-5 each rare Vigilante vehicles like Cheetah, Infernus, ZR-350, Comet, Super GT and Turismo. Is it just bad luck?

What colour variations does Phoenix have that can spawn during Vigilante? I'm thinking about not zooming in with a sniper rifle to speed up the process to 1-3 seconds per vehicle, but I don't want to accidentally miss Phoenix.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

About this Phoenix - is there a way to speed up the process of obtaining it from Vigilante? I'm currently doing it on Santa Maria molo, so I can see a different vehicle every 3-5 seconds. After about 7 hours (real time of course) I still haven't been able to find a single Phoenix (neither Bullet or Banshee, but these can be obtained from elsewhere). I've seen about 3-5 each rare Vigilante vehicles like Cheetah, Infernus, ZR-350, Comet, Super GT and Turismo. Is it just bad luck?

What colour variations does Phoenix have that can spawn during Vigilante? I'm thinking about not zooming in with a sniper rifle to speed up the process to 1-3 seconds per vehicle, but I don't want to accidentally miss Phoenix.

Explain what you mean with Santa Maria molo... Do you mean activating Vigilante on the Santa Maria Beach pier and immediatelly seeing what vehicle they're driving is when they spawn on the end of the pier? If so, DON'T DO THAT!

OrionSR confirmed that the Phoenix has a 1 out of 920 chance to spawn, just like the other sports cars (Banshee, Bullet, Comet etc.) and most of the time it would spawn in Rodeo or Verona Beach, but you'll just deactivate and activate Vigilante again until it spawns on the end of the pier. Most of the time it won't spawn on the pier so you'll just ignore those spawns, thus reducing the chance even further!

The best method is to activate Vigilante, drive to the suspect and see what vehicle they're driving is, repeat the process until the Phoenix spawns. OR you can just save a HPV-1000 in your Santa Maria Beach garage, save the game and after each reload get on the HPV-1000 and travel the short distance to see what the suspect is driving, keep reloading and repeating until it spawns (that's how you can also get a No Extra NRG-500).

There is no way of speeding it up, it all plays on random luck, no skill required. I can understand your frustration lol, I wasted a week or so for the Phoenix, but eventually it WILL spawn. It may take an hour, maybe a day, weeks, months, years... It all depends on pure luck.

• MorsPrincipiumEst and toomuchinvigilation like this

toomuchinvigilation
  • toomuchinvigilation

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Explain what you mean with Santa Maria molo... Do you mean activating Vigilante on the Santa Maria Beach pier and immediatelly seeing what vehicle they're driving is when they spawn on the end of the pier? If so, DON'T DO THAT!

OrionSR confirmed that the Phoenix has a 1 out of 920 chance to spawn, just like the other sports cars (Banshee, Bullet, Comet etc.) and most of the time it would spawn in Rodeo or Verona Beach, but you'll just deactivate and activate Vigilante again until it spawns on the end of the pier. Most of the time it won't spawn on the pier so you'll just ignore those spawns, thus reducing the chance even further!

Yeah, that's what I've meant. I've figured it would be faster than driving to each suspect and I think I'm right. I just got other sports cars instead.

Thanks for the advice, but it finally spawned today. Now it's time for other rare vehicles. I'm thinking about Hydra.

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia

Starter Save Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hm, I saw zmoonchild's stats for his Starter Save. At the end he had 17 Attempts and 15 Passed. Big Smoke was not completed, but he also did Burglary, which means The Chiliad Challenge only gave him +1 Offset, but I do remember checking the stats and I do remember having a +2 Offset when I finished Cobra Run. I think that I did something wrong... Though it makes more sense to get 2 Offsets from Chiliad Challenge as you activate it 3 times and pass the whole challenge at the end.

I'll probably redo the Save in a year or so, just to improve some stats, but as for now I'm happy with it.

Yeah, the Phoenix was hell, I wasted 1 week for it to spawn. Here's the golden moment of it finally spawning: http://i.imgur.com/vwHNNX7.jpg

About your offset totals, I remember reading a very old post from Orion_SR from years ago, where he said something about the order of which you do the BMX challenge and NRG challenge can affect the totals. And essentially I *think* he said you're supposed to do BMX before you do the NRG challenge, to keep a normal attempts/passed stat. If Orion_SR could confirm this it would be great, but it was a very old post and I can't remember exactly what he said.

• SpriteFan274 likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

NRG-500 Challenge adds +1 to PASSED and NOTHING to Attempts in my Game.  However, I did in fact do BMX Challenge BEFORE NRG-500 Challenge.  I did everything possible in LS FIRST before venturing out into locked territory.  I was 8.02% Completion out of 13.90% with only LS stuff complete.  But I remember NRG-500 Challenge vividly.  I looked in the Stats before I completed it and after I completed it and it added +1 to Passed and NOTHING to Attempts.

Also, for the RARE Vehicle Collections within a Starter Save, this is probably why the Safehouse Visits are so high.  You'd of course feel the need to save the game after spending so much time getting each and every one of those Vehicles.  I had 40 Safehouse Visits, and saved the game after each of the nine Rare Vehicles I obtained as well as the EC Black Perennial.  So 10 times I saved, due to Special Vehicle related stuff.  Without them?  30 Safehouse Visits.  It's rather easy to do the Starter Save in 25-30 Safehouse Visits.  The problem is I, as well as others, want those Rare Vehicles, too, and you'd be a fool if you'd continue without saving after spending an entire week finding a Phoenix, for instance.

I am curious to see how well I do next time.  It won't happen until the Spring, though.  I have to finish a lot of other GTA Projects before coming back to SA for my new Starter Save + a 2nd Save File.

I am just finishing my ultimate Save right now with 69 Special Vehicles, so I need a break.  All I need is the Fortune and Elegy from the Races which are infinite, and I got all 69.  I am already 100%.  Finished last night.  Amazed I got the AP Fire Truck first try, too :D :p  Anyways, I will show the Photos in my Guide Topic later today...

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia

Starter Save Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:51 PM Edited by Nostalgia, 17 January 2017 - 03:54 PM.

NRG-500 Challenge adds +1 to PASSED and NOTHING to Attempts in my Game.  However, I did in fact do BMX Challenge BEFORE NRG-500 Challenge.  I did everything possible in LS FIRST before venturing out into locked territory.  I was 8.02% Completion out of 13.90% with only LS stuff complete.  But I remember NRG-500 Challenge vividly.  I looked in the Stats before I completed it and after I completed it and it added +1 to Passed and NOTHING to Attempts.

Yes, I was thinking of your save when I made that post because I remembered you did everything in LS before attempting anything in locked territory, therefore completing BMX before NRG and having one less mission attempt then SpriteFan274 at the end of your Starter Saves (well he has 2 more attempts, but did Burglary so 1 offset total).

So the theory I'm thinking is: if you do BMX before NRG it doesn't add anything to attempts when you pass NRG. One way you could test this is  - to start a brand new game and do the NRG challenge straight away and pass it - if it adds +1 to passed and attempts, then this theory is true.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

If Orion_SR could confirm this it would be great, but it was a very old post and I can't remember exactly what he said.

I have no memory of this statement, but it sounds like you are just a test or two from confirming your hypothesis anyway.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:43 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 06 February 2017 - 12:45 AM.

I probably miss the point of this endeavour but a safe house in San Fierro should help. By doing as Rhans does, you get a safe house in SF. If you buy that savehouse regularly (to get rid of the property buying icon) then you get 0.5% more than you deserve. Maybe some of you find this useful. ^^

It was found by PatPatPat, published by Rhans.

toomuchinvigilation
  • toomuchinvigilation

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

I've been trying to get Hydra in my starter save, but as expected it's not going well. During my tests I've been able to renew Hydra's wreck in an impound zone a few times by pushing the wreck with frame limiter off and turning it on just before the invisible impound door. However, I haven't been able to crash Hydra anywhere near the impound lot, it usually crashes at least 50 metres away and disappears shortly after landing. I guess it's a very luck-based method and I despise things that rely mostly on luck.

To mix things up, I've been trying to get Rustler as well, but it seems to be incredibly difficult. The cops are extremely annoying and usually I can't even tow Rustler past this jump over the airport's fence. Getting the cops stuck in a hangar is easier said than done, Rustler is very difficult to tow even without everything trying to get in your way and on top of all that there is this stupid police chopper that shoots at you if you don't move fast enough. It's like running a marathon with a giant glass vase on your back while everybody is trying to run into you.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:16 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 18 February 2017 - 07:18 PM.

Good luck.  fnxrak has the EP/FP Hydra, EP/FP Rustler, and EP/FP Leviathan in the SF Impound for his Save and I believe he got it all for the Starter Save, too.  I once cared for an EP/FP Hydra among other EP/FP Aircraft, but now with the AP Conversion, I don't care for these anymore.  I rather spend time finding the Rare Vehicles (Not Planes/Helicopters) in Vigilante and Locked Territories and having those in a Starter Save to convert to EP/FP, though.

In about 2 months, I will be back in the groove for SA and doing my new and improved 13.90% Starter Save (With Big Smoke Passed and EC Black Perennial Obtained Just Like Last Time) and then the 2nd Save File.  Still debating whether or not I will do Burglary since it adds an Attempt, but nothing to Passed.  I have NEVER needed Infinite Sprint in SA, tbh.  It's the only GTA where I find it unnecessary to have, especially with an extra Attempt.  I am also debating whether or not to do all 50 Oysters in the Starter Save or just 49, since if I do 49 and then get all the Girlfriends below 0% Progress, I can increase ALL of their Progress to 60% or something like that.  I've never done this exploit since I never cared for the Girlfriends and getting their Progress to 100%.  I'll probably just go ahead and do all 50 Oysters, though.

When I redo the Starter Save, I want to have LESS THAN 30 Safehouse Visits and 0 Pay and Spray Visits to make it worth while.  Also the SAME 9 Rare Vehicles as before + the EC Black Perennial.  It HAS to have those Vehicles, so finding the Phoenix and getting the Turismo again is going to suck so bad...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'm not an expert on the early Hydra as I only made enough progress to verify the outrageous new strategy was valid, but I don't think the Hydras completely random. There's still a heavily random component but the Hydra spawns predictably directly behind CJ's view and circles clockwise, so the approach vector should be able to steer the Hydra so it impacts the far side of the invisible barrier just above the impound's movable door as it comes around to approach CJ again. As I recall, I was working above the navy bunker and aimed about 30 degrees left of the impound.

The only Hydras that every came close were the first to spawn on each attempt. My plan for next time was to always reload after a failure, and restart the game as soon as they start to spawn late.

If you can collect a Rustler on a master save then you are cooler than I am.

• toomuchinvigilation likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:59 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 19 February 2017 - 09:01 PM.

Several Videos for the Hydra, too.  rtyuijhggff has one about the Hydra, but for his, it didn't crash into the Impound, but farther away.  Like a boss using a Minigun, he just mowed down all the Police that got out of an Enforcer which gave him Armor when he entered the Enforcer and used it to push the Hydra wreck to the Impound and into it.  Like this:

fnxrak also has a Video for the Hydra.

toomuchinvigilation
  • toomuchinvigilation

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, I think I've watched all these videos and read some posts here on these topics as well. Both vehicles are still difficult as hell to obtain.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

It helps a lot to know it really is possible. Both of these vehicles have been labeled as impossible by some of the finest players I've known. Expect to be frustrated as you struggle to escalate your skills to the highest level. 

toomuchinvigilation
  • toomuchinvigilation

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:52 PM Edited by toomuchinvigilation, 19 February 2017 - 11:58 PM.

I don't even know if I want to obtain them if it requires you to have a lot of luck no matter how high your skills are. I've been trying to find an alternative method, but I haven't found anything. I've been thinking about sinking and undrowning, but the closest spot to undrown Rustler is pretty useless. What about Hydra? Is it possible to sink it on unrestricted territory and get it out of the water?

BTW: Any tips on how to avoid having police on your ass during the towing? I tried using the tear gas and parking vehicles on top of policemen to prevent more from spawning, but it didn't work well. Towing a police vehicle renders it harmless, but you would need more than one tow truck to use it somewhat effectively. Pushing Rustler with CJ's body seems to be very effective, but there are cops spawning all over the place while you're on foot. I'm running out of ideas.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:35 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 20 February 2017 - 12:40 AM.

That's one thing I really hate with SA, there IS in fact a lot of things that revolve around luck more so than skill, or about 50/50 and those things that rely heavily on luck never seem to work out for me in the end.  Anything that has more of a skill factor is usually no problem for me even if it takes a few tries.  Getting the Hydra in the Starter Save reminds me of the DP/EP/FP/MP Police for PS2 Users.  It'll probably take 500 tries of reloading just to get the outcome of the Hydra being near the Impound and that is NOT a guarantee that you will obtain it, either.  It also doesn't help that it uses the SF Impound, which is my least favorite and the only one I don't ever use.  Always Vehicles being put into the Impound underneath your Rare Vehicles inside the Impound.  So much sh*t is always generated in the SF Impound unlike the LS and LV Impounds.

About the Rustler, though, I wonder if it's possible to take off at the Airport (No need for a Tow Truck) and land the Rustler on the road, like using a runway and just land is close by Doherty and just quickly drive it into the Garage and then run away on foot, grab some Armor, grab a Vehicle or the NRG-500 at the Docks for NRG-500 Challenge, and then get back to Los Santos to save the game.

Flying it to Doherty may be farfetched, but it's the only other alternative I can think of for that Vehicle...

Also that is the thing about SA and also IV when doing a Starter Save.  The goal to survive is to NOT stop and KEEP MOVING.  But when doing this stuff with the Rustler, you need to take your time and go slow, but when you do that, tons of foot cops spawn all around you and they never go away.  Kill 'em all?  More will spawn.  It's a never ending uphill battle...

toomuchinvigilation
  • toomuchinvigilation

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:05 AM Edited by toomuchinvigilation, 20 February 2017 - 09:07 AM.

If you could fly the Rustler, then it would be a piece of cake. Unfortunately, Rustler is locked until you complete "Mike Toreno" mission.

There is another Rustler in LV impound, but this one spawns in a weird way, so it always explodes when you are near it.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Really?  I didn't know it was actually locked.  Since you can go to all the Airports and jack a Seasparrow, Maverick, Leviathan, Raindance, Shamal, etc, etc, and none of those are locked so it's quite strange the Rustler is locked.  Damn so literally the ONLY way is towing it, which surely raises the difficulty beyond belief...Again, it's all luck...

• DragonpokeZ likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:30 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 24 July 2017 - 10:33 PM.

Since I am working on a far better Starter Save than my previous one, I wanted to share something.  However, I am not sure if it works on all Versions of SA, probably just PS2 and the PS4 Port.  Maybe the PS3 Digital Versions, too.

But Vigilante Level 12...

We've known for a while now that on these Versions of SA, going inside an Interior like a Cluckin' Bell, Burger Shot, or Pizza Stack and buying food or simply accessing the food Menu will "eliminate" the Suspects in Vigilante.  Well, since I do NOT plan to get any Girlfriends and unlock Fast Food Restaurants early and I do NOT want the Meals Eaten Stat to generate at all, I wanted to test something else out.

I activated Vigilante and went into the Inside Track Betting Enex, however, this one is very unhelpful.  I only was able to get to Level 3 on countless occasions before it just couldn't progress.  I don't even know how it worked, tbh, but it at least got to Level 3.

Then I decided to try and replicate what happens in a Fast Food Restaurant using a "Menu" and realized the Wardrobe inside CJ's Safehouses could potentially be used and help to get this done.  Low and behold, it worked!  I used Ganton (yes, I pass Big Smoke in my Starter Save and acquire the EC Black Perennial and reach 13.90% in total instead of 13.37%) to get this done and simply would leave the Police Vehicle, run inside, up the staircase, and into the red marker to go inside the Wardrobe.  I just shuffled around by pressing X and Triangle on stuff until I heard the BEEP for the Suspect being eliminated.  Of course, leaving the Wardrobe with about 25 Seconds left on the Timer to need to go back to the Police Car to renew it.  I just rinsed and repeated it until I passed Level 12 in all of 10 Minutes without firing a single Bullet...

This was just a test, I didn't save the game or anything, but wanted to see how to do this early on in a Starter Save, so I will be using it in the next "Run" I do...

Speaking of which, my first "Run" for 1 Safehouse Visit today was passing Big Smoke whilst obtaining the EC Black Perennial, Paramedics Level 12 in Montgomery, Firefighter Level 12 in Los Santos, Pimping Level 10 in Los Santos, and Roboi's Food Mart Courier in Los Santos.  Took exactly 2 Hours and 6 Minutes only saving once, of course when I finished it all.

As you can see in my old Photos from last Summer, I had 40 Safehouse Visits and 6 Pay and Spray Visits.  Well this time, I am going for UNDER 20 Safehouse Visits and 0 Pay and Spray Visits.  Furthermore, I am pretty confident I will be able to get lower than 15:09 Total Playing Time, as well.  I also will get the SAME Rare Vehicles, except this time the new addition of the Dune, because why not?

I was very hungry for the 4 Star Wanted Level Challenge once again, so I am glad to be back.  However, just for fun, I took an HPV-1000 and jumped the Flint Intersection and took a trip to San Fierro and just cruised around for a good 30 Minutes with barely any Bike Skill and just had some fun and it's rather easy compared to last time.  Well, yeah, practice makes perfect...

• Nostalgia and SpriteFan274 like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

I'm not convinced that the food menu, or any menu, increases the kill rate. When I exploited this glitch on PS2v1 I had a great deal of success at the Santa Maria Beach safehouse (I rarely entered the wardrobe). My hypothesis was that the low elevation of the entrance increased the likelihood that the targets would respawn below ground level when exiting the interior.

This glitch does work on PCv1. Level 6 or so isn't too tough, but the glitch bogs down terribly as the number of targets increase. This can be an effective strategy for "hardening" a police vehicle with tons of extra health (extra health that is reset in a garage, btw). When this game was new on PC and my son was still interested in playing, I watched him complete vigilante level 12 using only the Santa Maria Beach house. I've never been so lucky, but I know it's possible.

I've got an untested hypothesis on why the glitch is different on PC. It might be related to PS2 having a lot more streaming binary IPL files than PC. These files control which areas of the map are active - the stream CJ is in and any stream it touches, probably. More IPL files implies smaller streamed areas, so PS2 targets at the same distances as PC targets might find themselves on unsolid ground.

And... I think that same thing might be causing problems for PS2 players when trying to collect... the AP police car? Sorry, I'm sure you remember the details better than I do, but I remember reading on several occasions that the car simply isn't there on PS2 - it's too far, the "draw distance" is too low on PS2. I don't think Draw Distance is a factor, but the smaller streams hypothesis might make it look that way.

• MorsPrincipiumEst, Rachel Amber, toomuchinvigilation and 1 other like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:30 AM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 25 July 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Santa Maria Beach, eh?  I only have $113,000 for now and Mulholland alone is $120,000 (not using Inside Track Betting and wasting time, money is not needed) so I didn't buy a single Safehouse yet, thus only had Ganton to try out.  I'm sure it works for other Safehouses, it's just I didn't test that yet.  I am not sure what was going in with Inside Track Betting.  The "Press Triangle to do ISB" came up when I went inside whilst Vigilante was still on, but pressing Triangle on those Machines did nothing.  However, I managed to get to Level 3 every time, but once I got to Level 3, it just stopped working.  So doing this with Ganton was my last shot and it worked perfectly...

I am not sure if a Menu like Buying Food or Changing Clothes is NEEDED, but if I would just go inside an Interior, do nothing, then come back out, nothing happened...

The Police is missing the BP Property.  DP/EP/FP/MP.  But yeah, I thought bad Draw Distance, but maybe the more technical aspect you describe is the reason.  All I know is once I would make the turn to go up the hill in East Los Santos, it's gone.  No matter how good you keep the camera on the area after the Greenwood is destroyed.  It's gone.  And no Pause/Unpause Trick, either, thus you're doomed on PS2 and just need to try like 750 times until the Cops decide to blow the Greenwood up on the SAME, flat, level road that the Police is on and coming out of the alley.  I've had enough trying that, though.  It's torturous.  Everyone else on PC and Mobile just use that Pause/Unpause...

Also a Moderator named Craig said a long time ago when the PS4 Port was released that the Interior Trick worked for him, however, that apparently isn't PS2 V1, but a higher Version on PS2.  I wonder what ALL Platforms/Versions this works on.  I doubt PC, like you said, and I doubt Mobile, as well.  Xbox?  360?  PS3 Physical?  PS3 Digital?  I don't know...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users