Photo

Early Side-Missions In Locked-Off Areas

290 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Master Save File update: Rustler acquired in Doherty garage before first mission

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ May 20 2010, 21:03)
Master Save File update: Rustler acquired in Doherty garage before first mission

Sorry for replying so late but congrats, buddy. I've been trying to get the Rustler for ages and never could. If you're still here, could you point out what strategy you used to obtain it?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

Cant believe I didnt think of this, why not try go for the Black Perennial? Basically start Big Smoke mission, push the destroyed perennial to the santa maria garage ( use another car to keep it open, can you even store it like this as long as the door doesnt close?)

Now that you have it, fail the mission and save. You should have the Black Perennial and Big Smoke still hasnt been completed, so you still havent done the first mission in the game yet, just thought I would mention this as I thought we had found everything to do early in the game

However downside is you will trigger the audio thingy at the start of the game. Is it possible to have burglary mission on, and stand right on the mission trigger so that the audio isnt triggered? I mean by this as soon as the burglary mission is over due to time running out, the red marker should appear, maybe it will trigger the mission faster than the audio is triggered

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jul 31 2010, 04:32)
Is it possible to have burglary mission on, and stand right on the mission trigger so that the audio isnt triggered? I mean by this as soon as the burglary mission is over due to time running out, the red marker should appear, maybe it will trigger the mission faster than the audio is triggered

I got some bad news. It won't work. I tried it but the "Grove-Street" audio sequence will be triggered in the small fraction of time after Burglary ends and before "Big Smoke" starts. I didn't hear it completely before the mission started, so I failed the mission and tried to see if the audio could still be triggered but it didn't. So I guess you're gonna have to risk a mission failure and triggering the "Grove-Street" line if you're thinking of getting Smoke's Perennial using this method.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

Eh, I find having a rare black car more valuable than the audio trigger and a failed mission stat. If we could keep the mission attempts and passed stats equal maybe I would re consider, but because of Mt Chiliad Challenges you cant so eh why not. About getting this car, is it even possible to store cars that have been destroyed? In most of my attempts the garage closes on them halfway and they dissapear, if I were to hold the garage open with another car would it work?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jul 31 2010, 05:32)
Cant believe I didnt think of this, why not try go for the Black Perennial? Basically start Big Smoke mission, push the destroyed perennial to the santa maria garage ( use another car to keep it open, can you even store it like this as long as the door doesnt close?)

Now that you have it, fail the mission and save. You should have the Black Perennial and Big Smoke still hasnt been completed, so you still havent done the first mission in the game yet, just thought I would mention this as I thought we had found everything to do early in the game

However downside is you will trigger the audio thingy at the start of the game. Is it possible to have burglary mission on, and stand right on the mission trigger so that the audio isnt triggered? I mean by this as soon as the burglary mission is over due to time running out, the red marker should appear, maybe it will trigger the mission faster than the audio is triggered

I acquired Black Perenial more then once, first thing to do after I decide that master save is completed (take some GSF with you, they kill these pesky Vagos and chase off any Cops if you get a star by bumping the wrong car) but I do not see how one can fail this mission, save from geting CJ wasted/busted. Which kind of sucks on master save. Sweet and the others seemd immortal. And if you lag behing, they will wait for you indefinitely.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

It might work. I tried it long ago with a Euros that got blown up near Katie's house. I was able to push it all the way to the Paradiso safe-house. The garage had a bike that I used to keep the door open and then let it close when the wreck was fully inside. Presto, the Euros was good as new. This method also worked when I tried to acquire the Infernus (Beat Down on B-Dup) and Phoenix (Home in the Hills), both of which got blown up along the way.

The problem with Smoke's Perenial is that the beach safe-house is way too far (possibly making the wreck vanish along the way) and when you're pushing it, the pink Voo-Doo of the Ballas will constantly attack you. Also, if the PS2 version has the option of turning off the frame-limiter then turn it off. It makes pushing locked cars or wrecks a little faster in my PC version, at least.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

What? As I said, I got Black Perenial into the garage about three times, during diferent playthroughs, sometimes it disappears, you just need to be quick, put the wreck parallel to the garage doors, then push it in. After that you can go to complete the mission. I just don't see how this missin could be failed without killing CJ.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

damn that sucks, I thought I could go up to them at the end, not enter the red marker and blast them away. Is it possible to somehow push them into the water at the end, or does the cutscene start if you get too close?

The bike you are supposed to ride, what happens if you put that into the water?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:22 PM Edited by pomor, 01 August 2010 - 09:26 PM.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Aug 1 2010, 21:52)
The bike you are supposed to ride, what happens if you put that into the water?

That is good idea, never tried it. Frankly I have never thought about geting Black P. on the master save, I merly wanted to acqire it, fail the mission, and then complete it without detours, as it is supposed to be played.

As for attempting to kill them, you just need to leave your bike behind and go to the place where they wait for you, and shoot away. Come to think about it, I am not so sure they are indeed immortal. As I remember I have emptied several clips of AK47 into Sweets head, and somewhat less into BS and Ryder, and didn't get any reaction from them, but maybe they can be killed with explosions or fire... My attempts to murder them were half hearted at best devil.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Aug 1 2010, 09:45)
What? As I said, I got Black Perenial into the garage about three times

Sorry, I was responding to Jack. I couldn't see your post before mine since we posted at nearly the same time. suicidal.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:25 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 02 August 2010 - 02:53 AM.

Alright il try it now, first il try destroying the bike as that seems easier by simply diving it into water, then il try kill them from a distance with sniperfire headshots and rockets. If that fails il try get close to them without triggering the cutscene and see if I can push them out of grove street to east each and drown them, im leaving that method for last because its ridiculous

Update: Success, drove the BMX into a pool and the mission failed. Zmoon showed me in a video you can pass this mission with any vehicle actually, but if you crash the bike into the water it will fail. So, you dont have to sacrifice your death stat.

Im thinking of keeping this car on a seperate file, so those who download my latest update on GTA Garage will have 2 files, one with the car ( for collection purposes I guess ) and one without it but with the audio at GSF.

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

I guess I can ask this here.. I have done some side missions before any story mission. I try to do the same as Zmoonchild on youtube. I wonder why I can keep all my guns even if I get wasted or busted? It happened before I met Barbara or Katie. I have not used any cheats.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

It has something to do with one of your other save files having that girlfriend

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

When you played the game before and had the girlfriends the data was written beyond any other date.
Since you didn't Delete the previous save game and only wrote 'over' it the extended girlfriend data remained intact. Very useful in replays. If you don't want the 'benefit' you can always Delete the file and save again.
(this is really a matter of Game Play, not Early sub-missions.)

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

Oh ok.. Well, I was not as good as Zmoonchild, you know when he did it CJ was never wasted or busted and even if I'm doing pretty well on early side missions, CJ has been wasted and busted several times biggrin.gif But the only "bad effect" on that is the decrease of criminal rating?

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Tookaot of hard work into doing this thanks alot icon14.gif cookie.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by lil weasel, 17 February 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Just wanna point out for anyone still interested, some members found a way to get the Hydra legit, no cheats wastes or busts. Check out the cheats and tricks section.

http://www.gtaforums...entry1062235497

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by Jioyt, 17 December 2013 - 03:52 PM.

How about we try getting 13.37 on the mobile version of the game, I will, after getting a hang on the controls and techniquest

EDIT: I probably won't do it now, my game crashes after about 15 minutes of free play, that includes missions to

ishotbatman
  • ishotbatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

How about we try getting 13.37 on the mobile version of the game, I will, after getting a hang on the controls and techniquest

EDIT: I probably won't do it now, my game crashes after about 15 minutes of free play, that includes missions to

I have a work in progress posted on SNP if you're interested. http://gtaforums.com...ave-androidwip/

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

I'm 20% cooler than you! :)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Hey i forgot my password for my other account ( jioyt) so i made this one with my xbox name as the name.

Anyways, i CAN play more than ten minutes now. I deleted and redownloaded san adreas on ios.(thank goodnes for cloud save) i completed the game ages ago, but i may give the 13.37 a go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users