Quantcast

» «
Photo

Health/Armor Meters

132 replies to this topic

Poll: Which style of health/armor meter do you prefer? (392 member(s) have cast votes)

Which style of health/armor meter do you prefer?

1. The number system (125 votes [34.06%])

Percentage of vote: 34.06%

2. The bar system (188 votes [51.23%])

Percentage of vote: 51.23%

3. Other (54 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote
libertycity_fiction
  • libertycity_fiction

Dear brother I do not spread rumours I create them

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

the bar

nvte
  • nvte

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

I would like a digital matrix of all my stats when i press a button

GycuBrun
  • GycuBrun

Jeapany

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

Scrap Bars or Numbers we need a NHS ( New Health System )
We need someting like this

user posted image

... of course, improved
Where is colored in ... that part is ...
Green = Healthy
Yellow = 25 % damage
Orange = 50 % damage
Red = 100 damage

Of course, with consequences ... If your leg is damaged 50 % wont walk normaly , and so on ...

mzfckr106
  • mzfckr106

GOPSTOP SUKA !!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

I agree, Max Paynes health system was much better.

CDT_boss
  • CDT_boss

Just Chillin' N Cruisin'

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

Hmm i like health rings like in Driver PL, it's (i think) confirmed that:
If Niko gets shot in the leg,he will hold his hand over the leg and walk slower,like a crippled.
viddy_pirate.gif

JimmyKimmel
  • JimmyKimmel

Live!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

Maybe, we can choose, Classic Style or Bars.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

BHOS Lieutenant

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

Other.

As the damage that Niko receives will be visible, I suggest that the health bar be removed.

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Now Mr Raspberry Jam...He died a noble death

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

In my opinion I think we should definately have both. A visual bar and a logical numerical thingymabob. It would just be the easiest way to tell exactly how much health we have left.

EDIT - By the way, I voted "other", implying I would like that idea ^^

redwolf206
  • redwolf206

Sikamikanico

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hows about this: You have a health bar that can be turned off and on, and depending on our level of health, your character will act differently like limping or have very unsteady aim or something...Everyone gets what they want!

Stefan
  • Stefan

Krimea

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

I really enjoyed the number system to be honest.

Increasing health and all that bullsh*t we had to go through in San An was sucky.

Number system for me.

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:58 PM

I prefer something new. New generation, new sh*t.

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Civkiller @ Jun 4 2007, 14:50)
how about this...NEITHER!!! i like the idea of depending where u get shot is how ur life goes...shot in the head BOOM instant death, shot in the arm then either the arm is weakened or unusable, shot in the leg u stumble but on top of all of that if there's a certain amount of blood that comes out of ur body then u should die of internal/external bleeding...these bars and numbers are dated now and so blah, doesn't really add to the games anymore and it makes the games easier cause u can judge what u can do with the amount of life u have left or until u get the next health pack which i'm sorry but if u have 2 bullets in u, i'm pretty sure that ur foot wouldn't step on it and u're automatically healed...in a shooting game it would be cool to see u hide in a corner while u patch urself up...

Now that's what I'm talking about! Bars and Numbers are WEAK. I wan't a more realistic system. I would be happy with NO BARS and NO NUMBERS. Physical damage should be determined by LOOKING AT your character. If he's a bloody mess and limping, he's obviously close to death and you need to formulate a strategy for RETREAT quick!

Jecreg
  • Jecreg

Rocking person of the night

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (A.M.G @ Jun 4 2007, 18:43)
QUOTE (jeremy_jeremy00 @ Jun 4 2007, 17:52)
hows about both?? a percentage and a bar

How about you can switch when you pause the game and go to settings. I like the bar.

Thankyou smile.gif rahkstar2.gif

Jecreg
  • Jecreg

Rocking person of the night

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (GycuBrun @ Jun 8 2007, 10:48)

user posted image

... of course, improved
Green = Healthy
Yellow = 25 % damage
Orange = 50 % damage
Red = 100 damage

Of course, with consequences ... If your leg is damaged 50 % wont walk normaly , and so on ...

Now THAT is what I want smile.gif rahkstar2.gif

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Jecreg @ Jul 19 2007, 14:33)
QUOTE (GycuBrun @ Jun 8 2007, 10:48)

user posted image

... of course,  improved
Green = Healthy 
Yellow = 25 % damage
Orange = 50 % damage
Red = 100 damage

Now THAT is what I want smile.gif rahkstar2.gif

You mean like the health system that SVR'07 has? When your limb is damaged, it changes from clear to yellow, to red, to pinkish red that glows.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

I'd rather stick with the health bar, when your health upgrades you can get shot more times than when you suing numbers. tounge.gif

I just liked the health bar in San Andreas so i would prefer that to return in GTA 4 than the number health method.

Wischy
  • Wischy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

The numbers are more accurate, but the bar looked better as you extended it, instead of having "150%" health.

90skid
  • 90skid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:48 AM

with the bars your health seemed to go down quicker, lol.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Trideez @ Jul 19 2007, 21:25)
QUOTE (Civkiller @ Jun 4 2007, 14:50)
how about this...NEITHER!!! i like the idea of depending where u get shot is how ur life goes...shot in the head BOOM instant death, shot in the arm then either the arm is weakened or unusable, shot in the leg u stumble but on top of all of that if there's a certain amount of blood that comes out of ur body then u should die of internal/external bleeding...these bars and numbers are dated now and so blah, doesn't really add to the games anymore and it makes the games easier cause u can judge what u can do with the amount of life u have left or until u get the next health pack which i'm sorry but if u have 2 bullets in u, i'm pretty sure that ur foot wouldn't step on it and u're automatically healed...in a shooting game it would be cool to see u hide in a corner while u patch urself up...

Now that's what I'm talking about! Bars and Numbers are WEAK. I wan't a more realistic system. I would be happy with NO BARS and NO NUMBERS. Physical damage should be determined by LOOKING AT your character. If he's a bloody mess and limping, he's obviously close to death and you need to formulate a strategy for RETREAT quick!

I dont like this idea, its a game so damage has to be seen some way. Blood, and wounds on the body wouldnt work enough alone. How would you know when you're
gonna die soon, or when you got a few shots left in you? I dont wanna walk slower when I'm shot in the leg, because if he is shot in the leg then he shouldnt be able to walk in most cases. I dont want my arm to be unusable when i get shot in it because I might need that arm to shoot.

Bars...like they said there will be around the map.

@GycuBrun: Thats exactly what I wanted, like Max Payne.

discontinu
  • discontinu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:06 AM

What i see alot in the newer games is an invisible type health bar. You cant see it, but if you take alot of bullets your vision gets blurry and you limp around or whatever. So you go hide, or learn to dodge bullets, whatever you gots to do, and it regenerates.

If anyone has played COD you'll understand.

But GTA has always had bars or numbers so id go with the bar because i played San Andreas the most

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (soleil @ Jun 4 2007, 20:59)
If we are going for realism, maybe Niko goes down in one shot, unless he's wearing armor. But even then the force should put him on his back.

R* actually said health would be a green border around the radar.

As for the armor, i want to wear it under my clothes, it would horribly suck if you were walking down manhattan with your kevlar on full view confused.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:21 AM

Yeh the green border is pretty confirmed. I kinda like the green border though, its not too much that it gets in the way, but you'll notice when it gets low. Also I think you should have an option to wear the vest under or over clothes. I mean why not?

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Dec 6 2007, 02:21)
Yeh the green border is pretty confirmed. I kinda like the green border though, its not too much that it gets in the way, but you'll notice when it gets low. Also I think you should have an option to wear the vest under or over clothes. I mean why not?

Why the hell would we even wear it over? Not even cops wear it over when doing the job confused.gif

leftylucky
  • leftylucky

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:52 AM

Physical damage SHOULD be the indicator for how the characters health is. I figure there is a cover system in the game for a reason. Why would they have a cover system in the game if bullets hitting you just bring down your bar while you simultaneously run around in circles shooting everybody? If it is confirmed that their is a green bar wrapped around the radar, I guess thats fine, because it seems nicely tucked out of the way. But, for the people who dont want to glance at a colorful bar while your character is pinned behind a car with bullets whizzing, then impact shots should show the bullet penetrating your body and Niko should react according to where he was hit. Seeing a bullet rip through his head while he keeps on shooting would make me ask myself, what the hell is he using cover for then?

It would also just be much more exciting during gunfights if bullets were actually dangerous instead of seeming like rocks being pelted on his chest. A sound of a bullet whizzing past your head would actually make you leap for the nearest piece of cover and give that sense of an intense gunfight. It would also make a gunfight with say only two people something you had to struggle to survive with, instead of depending on wave after wave of enemies.

Some people have great ideas on here, and others have no vision.

Toni Antonio Cipriani
  • Toni Antonio Cipriani

http://www.hotdvl.co.nr

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:04 AM

No, we shall stick with what Rockstar officially told us. Minimalistic.

cherkov
  • cherkov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

i think the option to choose which meter we use would be good but personnaly i would have numbers. there easier to understand and know exactly how much energy nico has left.

zacn138
  • zacn138

"Nigggguuuh"

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

Other [ 33 ] [19.30%]

I want to tell how bad Im Injured by On Screen Display, Blood ect.

BTW Why are you bumping old threads cherkov?

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

Numbers, the bar was too dull.

K-E316
  • K-E316

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:14 AM

bar ftw