• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic
JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:20 PM Edited by JAJ, 20 June 2007 - 09:08 PM.

I'll take a turn...
Mission: Cut Throat Business
Called by: JAJ
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes:
respect gained mission reward
saved at the Johnson house in Ganton, the mission trigger is on the front steps right outside the house
Completion: 94.12%

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:25 AM Edited by rubregg, 21 June 2007 - 12:57 PM.

I'll take a turn...

Mission: Beat Down On B Dup
Called by: rubregg
Link: here
Completion: 94.65%
Notes: took some territories; Edit: Did a bit of 'Sweet Jumps'; but he no Katie, too boring to post screeenshots wink.gif

Rally comments:
I don't think we should make it all too complicated. I don't think using a specific save file / save game (so all rally participants have the same conditions) is a good idea to implement into the chain game because it would stop the flow of the game and players who don't want to rally race would have to wait until all the rallyists have finished their turns. Stuff like that would be better in a topic of its own. Same holds for integrating collectibles and the like as rally goals.

I'd suggest, that for starters we keep it really simple and only specify a starting point, a vehicle and an end point (we can always evolve things in upcoming rounds). This way everyone can have a shot at it anytime in the game and players who don't give a wank can simply ignore the whole thing. The conditions won't be the same, but so what, the time taking isn't all that accurate either. Eh, this should be fun and not weeks of practice for that perfect run and that final lead by milliseconds... wink.gif

So, let's talk business, here's my Suggestion for Chain Game Rally Racing Rules:
  • One "Regular Rally" and one "4star Rally" will be added as optional side-missions. Each Rally consists of a starting point, a vehicle (or choice of vehicles) and a finishing point.
  • You'll have to manually take the time yourself.
  • The given vehicle has to survive. You may be asked for a screenshot or to store a special vehicle in one of the garages.
  • The Regular Rally can be done anytime in the game after all of the according areas have been officially unlocked.
  • The 4star Rally can be done anytime in the game before any of the according areas have been officially unlocked.
  • Rallies count as unnamed missions .
  • Each round of the chain game will officially feature max. one Regular and one 4star Rally. Everyone can suggest Rally Courses for upcoming rounds. The final decision is with JAJ when he puts up the new round. However, if old Rally Races are still popular, players can still do them and post their times/routes. (This rule is only there so the 'Rules' of the chain game won't get blown up by an ever growing number of Rally instructions.)(aaarghh, rules-whoring lol.gif )

So much for the general stuff.

As for specifics, I'd like to suggest this 4star Rally for the next round:

"Redsands Westking"
Start: Desert - The Big Ear
Vehicle: Sandking
Finish: LV - Unique Jump at Redsands West
Timing: Go to the Sandking and enter it without pushing it anywhere first. Start timer when you press the 'Enter' key. Stop timer as soon as you hit the ramp of the unique jump.

This should be relatively easy-going. The Sandking is a very decent vehicle for 4star survival, and the route is not that long, so unexperienced 4starers can give it a shot too. The unique jump slomo gives enough time for a decent screenshot, if you are so inclined.

Sooo - whaddaya guys say?? All in favour? Suggestions for a Regular Rally?

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn. (Between JAJ & rubregg's turns & after rubregg's turn)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:05 PM Edited by OrionSR, 22 June 2007 - 07:12 AM.

I'll have a go at it.

Mission: Grove 4 Life
Called by: OrionSR
Notes: ---
Completion: 95.19%

Rally racing sounds like fun, but I hate making up rules. Whatever plan works out will be fine by me. Still, I'm not sure how to begin the Redsands Westking Rally . It would seem that the current save is not valid for this challenge.

Edit: Okay then. How about this? <1:27>

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jun 21 2007, 20:05)
Rally racing sounds like fun, but I hate making up rules. Whatever plan works out will be fine by me. Still, I'm not sure how to begin the Redsands Westking Rally . It would seem that the current save is not valid for this challenge.

Well, I just tried to offer some brief description / guidelines that JAJ can (if everyone agrees and if he wants to) copy&paste into the rules section. wink.gif Like I said, I don't want to get things too complicated.

As for my suggested rally course - that was a suggestion for the *next round*, seeing how this round is nearly finished.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:47 PM Edited by JAJ, 22 June 2007 - 12:17 AM.

taking a turn...
Mission: Little Loop; City Circuit
Notes:
got my best times :49 for Little Loop & 1:42 for City Circuit
took over a few territories - got 50%
Completion: 96.26%

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:00 AM Edited by OrionSR, 23 June 2007 - 03:18 AM.

Here's my first suggestion for a Rally Race. For this example, I'm using this <Badlands Endurance Rally> gamesave. This gamesave is the one I was using for the Wu Zi Mu race from Chain Game Round 15; CJ only has 34% driving skill. I think there's still a modified Bullet in the current Palomino garage, and perhaps a Cheetah as well. However, part of the challenge is surviving a few stray bullets from the Ballas that shoot CJ on sight, and choosing a proper route to compensate.

Badlands Endurance Rally

Using the modified Bullet provided with the save, complete the following Unique Stunt Jumps and return the Black Bullet to the Palomino Creek garage. Completing the jump for the bonus is not required, but the jump must at least be found to trigger the slo-mo camera angle. Jump numbers (#) referenced are from maps provided by dark52. The timer starts with the loading of the save at 07:04, and ends with a screenshot in the Palomino Creek garage. Optionally, the Rally can be raced with other gamesaves, and an overall time recorded as the difference in time from the first jump until the car is parked in the garage. Additional screenshots of jumps or other highlights may be included in the Finishing screenshot.

1) Palomino Creek (#25)
2) Montgomery Intersection (#27)
3) Dillimore (#28)
4) Unity Station (#9)
5) Jefferson's Pedestrian Overpass (#13)
6) Palomino Creek garage (Finish)

For this example, I'm providing a sample Finishing Screenshot. Also, instead of competing directly, perhaps some sort of achievement scale can be suggested. I ran a few attempts on this route, and as author of the challenge, would like to suggest the following measure of honor. These numbers are flexible, and can be modified as needed based on the experience and recommendations of other racers.

Gold - 11:20 (4:00)
OrionSR

Silver - 11:40 (4:20)

Bronze - 12:00 (4:40)

This Rally is much more difficult than intended if the Frame Limiter is On during the race. So despite any concern over fairness between systems, I am recommending the Frame Limiter be set to Off, and medal of honor times have been adjusted to their original values.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:25 AM Edited by rubregg, 22 June 2007 - 10:03 AM.

^ instant try-out biggrin.gif fed up with horseshoe cycling for the day anyway... wink.gif

actually, is the order in which to do the jumps compulsory or can they be done in any order? (edit - after having a closer look at the map, following this order might just be a good idea to start with...)

Edit:
Are we having the frame rate limiter on or off?

huge lol at my first 4 tries. lol.gif mind the already resprayed bullet in my 1st try blush.gif ...anyway, aiming for that bronze medal now... lol.gif
user posted image

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:24 AM Edited by OrionSR, 22 June 2007 - 11:41 AM.

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jun 22 2007, 01:25)
actually, is the order in which to do the jumps compulsory or can they be done in any order? (edit - after having a closer look at the map, following this order might just be a good idea to start with...)

I like your thinking. I had originally planned an unordered checkpoint race, but as the route developed it didn't work out that way. If this type of event generates some interest, then I'll see what I can do to permit more choices. I discovered fairly quickly that too many jumps would destroy the vehicle, even if they were landed fairly cleanly and other obstacles were avoided. I was painting fairly often to practice the end of the routes, and frequently using the garages to preserve the the color. Also, the mod shop is along the route, and could be used to repair the car instead of the nearby Pay'n'Spray. But all this take time.

It's not a 4 Star Rally, but the race is designed to encourage 4 star thinking. Protecting the vehicle is implied in the name, and based on the SF race using the same vehicle. I'm dying to discuss routes, but don't want to spoil things, so I'll try not to provide too many hints. I'm really worried about the fairness of the suggested times. The bronze medal time is about 10 seconds slower than a fairly clean route using standard routes - driving on the map. The Gold standard is about 10 seconds slower than a very clean route following all the best shortcuts that I'm hoping people will discover. By "clean" I mean driving fairly quickly with a priority for avoiding collisions. Jumps and drops were managed without rolling, tumbling, or spins.

BTW, I like your Redsand Westking Rally. I posted a response in an edit above. It's a nice short route, and allows for many attempts to get things right. I jumped the Black Bullet across that NRG2LV jump and drove it up to get the Sandking. I'm pretty sure the nitrous is required to make the jump, but I'll keep working on it.

I enjoyed your screenshots. It looks like you've discovered the propane tank.

Edit: I forgot about the Frame Limiter, and had it off for my test runs. Maybe I'll run another test and see if it makes a difference. GTA_Phreak did all the testing for the frame limiter in the PC Record Book. The rule he suggested was Frame Limiter On for air races, and it probably didn't matter in other events. I suppose if you wanted to be really picky about it, then Frame Limiter On would be better, but I'm hoping we don't need to be so specific.

Re-Edit: Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm tired, but Frame Limiter On seems to make more of a difference than I thought. More testing will be required, but this run wasn't all that bad, and was much slower than my previous attempts. For now, I should probably add another 20 seconds or so to the goals or I'll lose my gold medal. So far I just barely managed the silver.

user posted image

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:35 PM Edited by rubregg, 24 June 2007 - 09:48 AM.

QUOTE (JAJ @ Jun 22 2007, 00:47)
got my best times :49 for Little Loop & 1:42 for City Circuit
Wow, congrats on that little loop !!! My personal best is 0:51...
Don't know about my 'City Circuit' from memory now, but I'm sure it's a smashing time too.

operator's shout @ everyone
Are you guys, especially the newer chain gamers, confused by and annoyed with all that rally talk?? JAJ??? Is this blowing up the topic and do you feel this should be in an extra topic, like OrionSR suggested a while ago?

Pro 'extra topic' - it blows up the chain game topics and may cause confusion
Pro 'leave it here' - the rallies discussed at the moment could be worked into chain games (my suggestion) or originate from a chain game save (OrionSR's rally).

An extra topic could either be "The Chain Game Off-Topic Topic" ('chagamoft' wink.gif ) or an extra topic for each rally.

Comments / suggestions ??!!??
[/shout]

...whatever the outcome, existing postings could easily be moved somewhere else, if so wished --> so for the moment I'll ramble on here.... moto_whistle.gif

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jun 22 2007, 12:24)
I like your thinking. (...)
Thanks, hehe biggrin.gif ...and I really like your 'type' of rally race, i.e. the fact that you can just load a savegame, enter the car in the garage and go. This saves a lot of time when you want to re-try icon14.gif As much as I like this, it's probably not really applicable for 4star rallies, is it? monocle.gif ...it could be for 4star rallies that start in unrestricted territory and end in 4star territory...

QUOTE (OrionSR @ cont.)
It's not a 4 Star Rally, but the race is designed to encourage 4 star thinking. Protecting the vehicle is implied in the name, and based on the SF race using the same vehicle. I'm dying to discuss routes, but don't want to spoil things, so I'll try not to provide too many hints.
You're certainly right here. It wasn't in the screenshots I posted, but YES, I have 'discovered' the propane tank. Well, I don't know if it was 'the propane tank', 'a propane tank' or just 'something that went boom' lol.gif - Anyway, I'm also dying to discuss routes (especially the last leg) but I don't want to spoil things either, so I'll only post my proudly achieved gold medal screenshot. 11:16 -- yayy, only one sec behind OrionSR biggrin.gif (done with frame rate limiter OFF, gold medal according to the old frame rate limiter off standards which have now been edited as I'm typing this)
user posted image

Actually having the frame rate limiter (FRL) on or off makes a *huge* difference for all my racing times. Same here. I'll have yet to see what I can do with frame rate limiter on in this rally, all my recent tries were done with FRL off. I've checked my frame rates: FRL on = 24/25, rarely 23 --- FRL off = 30-40 (driving) and 60-70 (flying). I have the feeling that frame rates are highly connected to racing times, so my suggestion for fair rally racing would be: FRL = on

If we made this a 'rule' (yeah, I know, that word again lol.gif ), then you'd probably have to reconsider the timings for the medals in your Badlands Endurance, OrionSR. Edit - funny to see your edits to your posting while I'm typing this. lol

QUOTE (OrionSR @ cont.)
BTW, I like your Redsand Westking Rally. I posted a response in an edit above. It's a nice short route, and allows for many attempts to get things right. I jumped the Black Bullet across that NRG2LV jump and drove it up to get the Sandking. I'm pretty sure the nitrous is required to make the jump, but I'll keep working on it.
Cool, I'll have to try out that jump with the black Bullet. As for my own suggestion, I haven't even timed myself on that one yet lol.gif ...just too much to do around here at the moment... lol.gif

--> next - Badlands Endurance with FRL on...

Raged
  • Raged

Chain Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

Not that I'm confused or anything, but I do think this should be in a separate topic, 'cause to be honest this has nothing to do with the chain game. (?) Plus it would be more organized and not so confusing for other members.... I think it's a great idea though smile.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:04 PM Edited by OrionSR, 22 June 2007 - 09:19 PM.

For the moment, I hope our topic host will tolerate discussions on Rallies as we develop the idea. This is a spin-off of the Chain-Game, so it's not completely off-topic. However, I suspect a Rally Topic will be more appropriate in the long run. Perhaps someone will host a Rally Topic with content links to Rally Event submissions, and Rally Creators can monitor the standards of their own race. This format would allow for more longstanding topics, and the creation of Rally Packs, a collection of related events and their associated saves that can be hosted on a more persistent site.

I'm leaning strongly toward changing the Badlands Endurance Rally back to a Frame Limiter Off event, but I'd like the opinion off rubregg and/or anyone else who has practiced the event with the Frame Limiter On and Off in order to compare the difference. The race times are not as important as the ability to finish the race, and something changes when the Frame Limiter is turned On that causes consistent increased damage to the vehicle. However, I'd like to know if others have made the same observation, or maybe it's my imagination. So..

Is there a dramatic difference in damage with the Frame Limiter On or Off?
What causes most of the damage?
Are inconsistent times due to system performance that much of a concern?

BTW, rubregg. We're getting pretty much the same frame rate while racing.

And to get back on topic, I think I can take the next turn, the 6 hour rule must be in effect by now. So..

Taking a turn.

Mission: Into the Country, Backroad Wander, Freeway
Notes: A few more gang turfs (now 65%)
Completion: 97.86%

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn. (OrionSR is right, it was after my last turn should've posted it earlier but I was busy.)

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:57 PM Edited by ryan92, 23 June 2007 - 07:55 PM.

OK CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE FU*K IS GOING ON. dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif I am really confused with all these races, and race times.
Thanks

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Jun 23 2007, 17:57)
OK CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE FU*K IS GOING ON. dontgetit.gif   dontgetit.gif   dontgetit.gif   I am  really confused with all these races, and race times.
Thanks

There has been a suggestion of integrating some additional races into upcoming rounds of the chain game. Since this was mentioned, some racing ideas have been discussed (at quite some length I admit blush.gif ) and one or two concrete suggestions for these races have been made.

yeah, it's become a bit confusing, that's why I recently asked whether we shoud move all that stuff into an extra topic....

the usual chain game stuff is all still here as well, you'll probably only have to look a bit harder to find the according postings...... blush.gif

So, I'd humbly ask for a bit of patience until things are sorted out.... and SORRY for the confusion!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:18 PM Edited by ryan92, 23 June 2007 - 10:22 PM.

Thanks for the info rubregg smile.gif It all makes sence now blush.gif

Its been close to 26 hours since JAJ said "It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn." Now heres my version

It's been more than 26 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone in the whole universe may now call a turn.

I would but I have no idea what is going on so I wont.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Jun 24 2007, 00:18)
I would but I have no idea what is going on so I wont.

Go ahead, please take a turn. As I said, the chain game is still going on *completely normally*. Just load this last save and go ahead as if no additional racing had ever been mentioned.

This holds of course for whoever calls the next turn.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:35 AM Edited by ryan92, 24 June 2007 - 01:17 AM.

Well ok then. thanks rubregg.I'll take a turn

Mission: Riot
Called By: ryan92
Link: Chain game
Status Complete
Completion: 98.40%

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:37 AM Edited by JAJ, 24 June 2007 - 04:01 AM.

I'll take a turn...
Mission: Los Desperados
Notes:
respect gained mission reward
Got 2 phone calls from Sweet, he's got some info on were Big Smoke is hiding out.
wink.gif biggrin.gif Sweet also said to do the Vinewood LS Race Tournament before meeting him to take 'care' of Big Smoke. wink.gif lol.gif
Completion: 98.93%

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:18 AM Edited by rubregg, 24 June 2007 - 12:06 PM.

QUOTE (JAJ @ Jun 24 2007, 04:37)
wink.gif   biggrin.gif   Sweet also said to do the Vinewood LS Race Tournament before meeting him to take 'care' of Big Smoke. wink.gif   lol.gif

hahaha lol.gif

...guess I will do that, then... (i.e. calling a turn)

Mission: Vinewood (2:35)
Called by: rubregg
Link: here
Completion: 99.47%
Notes: 3 territories left; would have taken them but have to cut my turn short.

--> Have fun ending the line smile.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn. I would do it but I dont have enough time.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:55 AM Edited by OrionSR, 26 June 2007 - 08:01 AM.

Do you want it JAJ? Or should I go ahead and post my 100% save?

Mission: End of the Line
Link: <End of the Line>
Notes: Last 3 turfs are under control
Completion: 100%

Thanks for the game, ladies and gentlemen. I enjoyed playing this round with you, and look forward to the next round.

BTW, I never got an answer to my question about this save. I noticed that all Pay'n'Sprays have been free for quite some time. Where did that bonus come from? Is it something to do with Michelle? Or perhaps a random glitch, or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, I'm curious.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

Congratulations everyone who played this round, even though I didn't participate in this one. I was going to, but by the time I got back from vacation, the game's progress was already in Las Venturas section, so I thought it would be best to wait for the next round when I can start at the beginning.

@JAJ, please do another V.2 round for the next round. btw, I rated this topic "good". Also, do you have anymore sigs for the chain game?

In conclusion, CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE WHO PLAYED THIS ROUND.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:15 AM Edited by rubregg, 26 June 2007 - 01:05 PM.

Edit: The Rally discussion has its own topic now .

yeeeyyyyyy -- another 100% !!

Congrats to all who played:
JAJ, ryan92, OrionSR, blentz, girishb_86, quartet1977, Raged, Gray_Eagle, jetwells and idiot05. icon14.gif --> Hope to see all of ya back next round. And pedro212 too, I hope you can play next time.

Special thanks to JAJ for putting this together! Great job as usual biggrin.gif

Honorary greetings to our vet on the road and Keeper Of The Territorial Knowledge, crazyanurag wink.gif

Sorry again for all that confusion caused by extensive rallying discussions. I finally have a day off and I'll make an extra topic for that, righties...? wink.gif --> I'll edit this posting and put the link in once it's up. [Edit - done]

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jun 26 2007, 09:55)
(...) all Pay'n'Sprays have been free for quite some time (...)
yes, oops, I have read it but I always forgot to get back to you. The thing is that I hardly ever use spray shops. I like to keep the respray stat low and practice my bribes and all, so I never actually noticed this. I would have missed it in previous rounds too. Someone else noticed anything?? We should pay attention to it next round.

Speaking of next round, OrionSR and I decided *not* to do any 4-star side-missions in upcoming rounds. We might go there and do some other stuff (jack special vehicles or whatnot; perhaps rally racing), but we won't do any actual missions (or collectibles). We'd like to give less-experienced players some space to try it all out and explicitely encourage them to do so. It's fun! (I had a lot of my own 4star practice in the chain game... wink.gif )

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:51 PM Edited by JAJ, 27 June 2007 - 01:25 AM.

Wow! another fast round!
Thanks to all who played and rated the topic as 'Good'! We got another 2 stars!

I'll try to get the next round started within the next few days.
I'd like to play another V2 game so that people with both versions can play. It could be the usual save with the extra pickups & vehicles, a regular unmodded save or we could use the first pdescobar modded save that just has the extra vehicles, what do you think?

Here's a link to the 16th round chain game saves:
http://www.unbase.com/n/3556336562

QUOTE (OrionSR Jun 26 2007 @ 03:55)
BTW, I never got an answer to my question about this save. I noticed that all Pay'n'Sprays have been free for quite some time. Where did that bonus come from? Is it something to do with Michelle? Or perhaps a random glitch, or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, I'm curious.
Sorry, I've forgotten to reply to this a few times. Seems to me that I have noticed being charged $100 when the vehicle is damaged & that there's no charge when there's no damage. But I could be mistaken because I hardly ever use it. I'll try to keep an eye on it, so-to-speak.

Edit:
I just did a little test. I loaded 5 saves from this round:
Big Smoke
A damaged vehicle cost $100
Reuniting the Familys
Snail Trail
A damaged vehicle cost $0
You've had your Chips
Los Desperados
(respray was complementry)
I didn't check the pay'n sprays in the desert or the Badlands.

That sounds logical to me; about it being something with Michelle & the 100% reward. I think I'll try to check some saves from before & after - 100% Michelle, I think the Snail Trail is after 100%.
I'll also try some V1 saves & see if there's any difference between the versions (after work tomorrow).

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Jun 26 2007, 16:51)
Wow! another fast round!
Thanks to all who played and rated the topic as 'Good'! We got another 2 stars!

I'll try to get the next round started within the next few days.
I'd like to play another V2 game so that people with both versions can play. It could be the usual save with the extra pickups & vehicles, a regular unmodded save or we could use the first pdescobar modded save that just has the extra vehicles, what do you think?

Here's a link to the 16th round chain game saves:
http://www.unbase.com/n/3556336562

QUOTE (OrionSR Jun 26 2007 @ 03:55)
Sorry, I've forgotten to reply to this a few times. Seems to me that I have noticed being charged $100 when the vehicle is damaged & that there's no charge when there's no damage. But I could be mistaken because I hardly ever use it. I'll try to keep an eye on it, so-to-speak.

Yeah, I am aware that there is no charge if there is no damage and no wanted level, but this is different. I am sure that I had a wanted level, and quite a lot of damage on several occasions, and was never charged for painting. I use the Pay'n'Sprays quite often, it's never been one of the stats I've worried about.

My best guess so far is possibly it is a bonus from Michelle at 100%. At least, Michelle wasn't a girlfriend before, so that would have been a change from the previous round.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:33 AM

@JAJ, I'd like to have another round with the extra vehicles and weapon pickups.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Jun 27 2007, 01:51)

I think we should definitely play v2 so that everyone can play. Maybe we can alternate between the 3 different versions?

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

nice going, everyone!

for the next chain game, my vote is for version 2, modded or unmodded doesn't matter

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Jun 26 2007, 19:51)

Edit:
I just did a little test. I loaded 5 saves from this round:
Big Smoke                   
Reuniting the Familys   
Snail Trail                   
You've had your Chips 
Los Desperados           
(respray was complementry)
I didn't check the pay'n sprays in the desert or the Badlands.

That sounds logical to me; about it being something with Michelle & the 100% reward. I think I'll try to check some saves from before & after - 100% Michelle, I think the Snail Trail is after 100%.
I'll also try some V1 saves & see if there's any difference between the versions (after work tomorrow).

Just to follow up on this, I tried the Badlands save & it was before Michelle was a girlfriend. The save was in Dillimore & there was a charge for spraying a damaged vehicle.
@OrionSR: It seems that your observation on this is correct.
I always thought that the bonus of free sprays was just at Michelle's garage but I never paid that much attention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users