Photo

The Chain Game V2 16th Round

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:14 PM Edited by girishb_86, 16 June 2007 - 04:28 PM.

I'll have a go............

Mission: DON PEYOTE
Called By: girishb_86
Link: **Click Here**
Notes: ---

Completion: 83.96%

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:59 PM Edited by OrionSR, 16 June 2007 - 05:55 PM.

I would like to call the next turn.

Mission: INTENSIVE CARE
Called by: OrionSR
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes:

Cop Uniform
All LV Air Races completed (Heli Hell, Military Service)

Completion: 85.56%

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:07 PM Edited by rubregg, 17 June 2007 - 12:28 AM.

Mission: The Meat Business
Called by: rubregg
Link: here
Completion: 86.10%
Notes: complimentary slamvan in garage

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:14 AM Edited by girishb_86, 17 June 2007 - 08:21 AM.

I'll have a go..........

Mission(s): MADD DOGG / FISH IN A BARREL

Completion: 87.17%

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:47 AM Edited by JAJ, 17 June 2007 - 01:05 PM.

taking a turn...
Mission: Freefall
Called By: JAJ
Notes:
$15000 & respect gained mission reward
collected mini-gun ammo
put a modded Cheetah in the Whitewood Estates garage
put a modded Bullet in the Redsands West garage
Completion: 87.70%

Gray_Eagle
  • Gray_Eagle

Professional Foo'

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:08 PM Edited by Gray_Eagle, 17 June 2007 - 01:46 PM.

I'll have a turn.

Mission: MISAPPROPRIATION
Called By: Gray_Eagle
Link: http://gtasnp.com/3172
Notes:
---
Completion %: 88.23%

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:32 PM Edited by OrionSR, 17 June 2007 - 07:27 PM.

I'll take the next turn.

Mission: High Noon
Called By: OrionSR
Notes: Forgot to do my races before the mission
Collected more mini-gun ammo (I used quite a lot)
Stored a Sandking with Hydraulics in Fort Carson and the Airstrip
Completion: 88.77%

Hey everyone! rubregg and I are talking about doing a little competitive racing on this game save in order to brush up or improve on our survival routes. If you'd like in on the action, get to the races and start warming up. I'm not planning on putting in the time required to set any new records, but I would like to get within a few seconds of the top scores in order to make sure my routes are solid and skills are sharp. I'm hosting a GTASA Record Book - PC over at GTPlanet.net for reference on the top scores. If you are worried about the fairness of these records, then compare the top scores with the records from GTASA Record Book (PS2), you'll notice most of the events have times posted within a second or two of each other.

Controller Notes: Most of the scores in the PC record book are posted by Morgoth22, GTA_Phreak, and myself. I use a gamepad for racing, GTA_Phreak uses a driving wheel, and Morgoth22 plays using a keyboard and mouse. For the most part, the controller doesn't seem to make a difference. The exceptions are: Go Karters with mouse look can stop cars from spawning where they weren't just a second ago. Keyboard players have seldom posted in helicopter races - I'm not sure why. Tapping in order to tuck on a bike may actually be faster than holding a perfect lean.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jun 17 2007, 14:32)

Hey everyone! rubregg and I are talking about doing a little competitive racing on this game save in order to brush up or improve on our survival routes. If you'd like in on the action, get to the races and start warming up. I'm not planning on putting in the time required to set any new records, but I would like to get within a few seconds of the top scores in order to make sure my routes are solid and skills are sharp. I'm hosting a GTASA Record Book - PC over at GTPlanet.net for reference on the top scores. If you are worried about the fairness of these records, then compare the top scores with the records from GTASA Record Book (PS2), you'll notice most of the events have times posted within a second or two of each other.

Controller Notes: Most of the scores in the PC record book are posted by Morgoth22, GTA_Phreak, and myself. I use a gamepad for racing, GTA_Phreak uses a driving wheel, and Morgoth22 plays using a keyboard and mouse. For the most part, the controller doesn't seem to make a difference. The exceptions are: Go Karters with mouse look can stop cars from spawning where they weren't just a second ago. Keyboard players have seldom posted in helicopter races - I'm not sure why. Tapping in order to tuck on a bike may actually be faster than holding a perfect lean.

This'll be cool for me to watch, I watched as those guys did it the first time. I'm out of the competition by about 10 to 25 seconds depending on the event.

idiot05
  • idiot05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:34 PM Edited by idiot05, 18 June 2007 - 12:46 AM.

I'll take a go smile.gif

Never mind, my San Andreas keeps crashing at the part before the main menu. sad.gif angry.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:51 AM

Hey guys. WOW. This round is just coming right along. I would have took a turn this weekend but i have been busy studing for my exams. (hope I pass them so i can go into grade 10). Well by the time i get back here next weekend this round will probley be finished, and hopefully the 17th round will be started, (Please V2 JAJ inlove.gif biggrin.gif ), so have fun finishing this round and good luck.

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif Cookies For every one. Dont eat them untill you are done this round!!!. lol.gif

blentz
  • blentz

>/dev/null 2>&1

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:44 AM Edited by blentz, 18 June 2007 - 02:03 AM.

I'll take a turn...

Mission: Saint Mark's Bistro (Eat 'til you explode!)
Called by: blentz
Link: http://gtasnp.com/3184
Notes:
Completion: 89.30% (assuming +.53%, forgot to check)

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:41 AM Edited by girishb_86, 18 June 2007 - 03:36 AM.

I'll have a go..............

Sorry, I'll have to forfeit. I need to go and bash up my service provider. Got some serious uploading problems.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:11 AM Edited by rubregg, 19 June 2007 - 12:33 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jun 17 2007, 20:32)
Hey everyone! rubregg and I are talking about doing a little competitive racing on this game save in order to brush up or improve on our survival routes. (...)

Yes, we were. However, I just had a closer look at those records, and I must say that I'm miles away from most. There's only very few where I can get within 5-10 seconds over the records, but for most of them I'm at least 15-30 seconds away. Even a minute in the long ones. Seeing how often OrionSR appears in the record book I'm afraid I won't have the slightest chance. Willing to give it a try though.... lol.gif

The only race I so far thought I was good at is Military Service, so in expectancy of all this, I did that one during my [edit] last turn. Improved my personal best by 1 second to 3:52 smile.gif
user posted image

Thing is, I'm only *now* realizing that the times I got in said turn for World War Aces (1:51) and Barnstorming (4:41) were quite alright too, so I'm afraid I didn't make screenshots by the time. d'oh. bored.gif Can try to redo the times....

Anyway, I was wondering how much an old-ish pc affects race times? My laptop (3 year old centrino 1.5 / ati mobil. radeon 9700 / slow-as-hell hard drive) can just so run SA playably. Could that have something to do with the fact that I can do fairly well in flying missions (less detailed graphics) but am so completely lost in the driving races? Or am I just such a crap driver?? .... lol.gif In any case, when I jump out of a plane from great height and freefall looking down, I can sometimes literally watch my game trying to cope with the graphics, stutter and then crash... bored.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

Checklist updated to here.
I missed who got Export list #2 execpt for the ones that Gray_Eagle did.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jun 18 2007, 03:11)
Yes, we were. However, I just had a closer look at those records, and I must say that I'm miles away from most. There's only very few where I can get within 5-10 seconds over the records, but for most of them I'm at least 15-30 seconds away. Even a minute in the long ones. Seeing how often OrionSR appears in the record book I'm afraid I won't have the slightest chance. Willing to give it a try though...

(...)

Anyway, I was wondering how much an old-ish pc affects race times? My laptop (3 year old centrino 1.5 / ati mobil. radeon 9700 / slow-as-hell hard drive) can just so run SA playably. Could that have something to do with the fact that I can do fairly well in flying missions (less detailed graphics) but am so completely lost in the driving races? Or am I just such a crap driver?? ....  lol.gif In any case, when I jump out of a plane from great height and freefall looking down, I can sometimes literally watch my game trying to cope with the graphics, stutter and then crash...

Yeah, well... Like I mentioned before. Getting a top time is impossibly difficult in most of the races. I've been there - days of practice on a single race, and most of the time hoping for a lucky race with favorable vehicle spawns. I don't want to work that hard. However, I've got pretty good lines for most of the races, and can probably frustrate the hell out of everyone by continually bumping their best times by a second or two. Perhaps I'd better sit out on posting times in the Chain Game. I can always practice my routes on any old save. Or maybe I can offer some splits times, so people can figure out where they are losing time during the race. BTW, screenshots are not required for a Chain Game format record book. The gamesave is used to keep the records, and the stats page can build the report. However, you may notice in the PC record book, we kind of got in the habit of posing for the screenshot. Eventually we started using crafted saves so we could have the prize money screeny included - like it's the first time we ever raced in that event, and got a new record - yeah, right!

Lag can be a concern. If the computer can't keep up, slower times will be reported. However, if you can lock the framerate at 25 FPS (may reduce inconsistencies in performance - maybe make it a rule that Frame Limiter should be On) then you should be able to compete in the races. I noticed in LV Ring Road that I tended to drop below 25 FPS for a second or two in the north east section of the course, and this always cost a second or two in over all time. However, you seem to be able to record video without a lot of lag, so I suspect your computer might be up to the task. Maybe reduce detail or some other video settings during the races.

The glitchy not-drawing-the-planet from high above and potentially crashing is a known glitch of the Draw Distance mods. I frequently race with the 4X mod installed, but when I'm recording I usually need to revert to the original DD (and everything else as low as possible) in order to maintain a constant frame rate in a complicated part of the map.

Anyway, it might be fun to do some races, especially if more than that two of us are involved. But I don't want to make a big deal out of it. It was sort of a side comment, and not like you are going to learn anything that's going to make a huge difference. Besides, the street race routes tend not to be the safest routes.

Do they do the rally races here at GTAForums? For a while some people we posting custom races over at GTPlanet, maybe I can find an old link. Field to Plaza is the latest one I could find. There were a few more, but I missed out on the action.

@JAJ, Sorry, I was the one that completed list 2, but I couldn't remember which vehicles I did, and kind of skipped over that part of the report.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:47 PM Edited by JAJ, 18 June 2007 - 11:21 PM.

taking a turn...
Mission: Key to her Heart
Called by: JAJ
Link: <GTASnP> <UnBase>
Notes:
got the key card
Completion: 89.84%

QUOTE (OrionSR)
@JAJ, Sorry, I was the one that completed list 2, but I couldn't remember which vehicles I did, and kind of skipped over that part of the report.
That's ok, thanks, that stuff's easy to forget. It's easier to fix now.

This post originally edited by JAJ on Jun 18 2007, 18:25

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:38 AM Edited by OrionSR, 19 June 2007 - 03:16 AM.

I'll take a shot at the next mission.

Mission: Dam and Blast
Notes: changed hats
Completion: 90.37%

BTW, why are all of the Pay'n'Sprays complementary? I don't remember that being a feature.

pedro212
  • pedro212

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:59 AM

I'll take a shot after hiM!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (pedro212 @ Jun 18 2007, 19:59)
I'll take a shot after hiM!

Hey pedro, welcome to the chain game. If I understand the rules posted on the first page, players are required to wait until the previous turn is posted before calling the next turn. Besides, I'm not even sure if you've been here to download the save since I've posted it, and your timer would be ticking.

If I interpret the rules correctly, anyone can call the next turn . If you've completed the mission before anyone else calls the next turn, go ahead and post it. Or if you are just getting back to download the save, then call your turn again.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:40 AM Edited by girishb_86, 19 June 2007 - 06:56 AM.

I'll have a go............

Mission: COP WHEELS

Completion: 90.91%

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:28 AM Edited by rubregg, 19 June 2007 - 12:37 PM.

I'll take a turn...

Mission: Up, Up and Away
Called by: rubregg
Link: here
Completion: 91.44%
Notes:

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jun 18 2007, 21:32)
Anyway, it might be fun to do some races, especially if more than that two of us are involved. But I don't want to make a big deal out of it. (...)

Yeah, all that racing stuff should be for fun and not at all taken too seriously. I checked out my frame rates. With frame rate limiter on I'm getting a constant flicker between 25 & 24, sometimes down to 23. With frame rate limiter off I'm getting about 30-35. How does that compare to your guys' frame rates? Maybe it's a good idea to have the frame rate limiter on for competitive racing? ...then my flying record entries would have to be withdrawn... oh, and I'm not running any draw distance mods, so it's not them that sometimes crash my game during freefalling.

But I must say I really like that idea of rally racing that OrionSR mentioned. That really looks interesting. Seeing how this round in nearly finished and this whole racing idea is just starting to evolve around here, I'd like to suggest this:

@chain game operators and everyone:
What if next round we include one or more additional missions in the form of rally races? Something like in the style of this topic that OrionSR had pointed to. The extra vehicles in our savegame do provide a wide choice of starting points (like "top of mt. chiliad & pick any of the cars up there" could be a fun one devil.gif ). I'd declare these races 'unnamed' missions so everyone can have a shot at whatever time in the game they like. We'd have to manually take times ourselves as best as we can and possibly we should make it a rule to have the frame rate limiter turned on for them.

So how does that sound? Suggestions for routes??

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jun 19 2007, 15:58)
@chain game operators and everyone:
What if next round we include one or more additional missions in the form of rally races? Something like in the style of this topic that OrionSR had pointed to. The extra vehicles in our savegame do provide a wide choice of starting points (like "top of mt. chiliad & pick any of the cars up there" could be a fun one devil.gif ). I'd declare these races 'unnamed' missions so everyone can have a shot at whatever time in the game they like. We'd have to manually take times ourselves as best as we can and possibly we should make it a rule to have the frame rate limiter turned on for them.

So how does that sound? Suggestions for routes??

That sounds pretty cool. I'm game for it.
But how will we verify the authenticity of the times posted by the players???

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:15 PM Edited by rubregg, 19 June 2007 - 01:32 PM.

QUOTE (girishb_86 @ Jun 19 2007, 14:40)
That sounds pretty cool. I'm game for it.
But how will we verify the authenticity of the times posted by the players???

Good to hear, girishb_86. As for authenticity of times, I can't think of anything but trusting the players. Things like screenshot @ start and finish with ingame clock visible do come to mind, but let's face it, in the end everyone could mod their game or whatnot (for whatever race/mission). But it's all just for fun and there isn't even any stats for what we're planning so I really don't see the point in cheating. Asking for videos? naah, *way* too much hassle for a bit of fun. I myself am doing this for the fun of finding routes and/or surviving tricky jumps/drops etc. If someone really has to cheat to get 1 second ahead, fine by me. Whuh, I say lol.gif I suppose the obvious cheats may be, well, obvious. And I suppose no one will cry 'cheat' if, say, OrionSR happens to deliver a smashing time. wink.gif

I do suggest however that an emphatic reminder could be posted - of how trainers and the like could seriously mess up the game and prevent 100% completion in the long run. Stress that this is not a competition but a friendly affair, and that the rallies are mainly there for finding and discussing good routes. Play fair or get laughed at furiously. etc. ...eerr, I mean, after all, ... c'mon, DIY timing?? biggrin.gif

Edit:
we could also include 1 or 2 '4star rallies' ... devil.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jun 19 2007, 18:45)
Edit:
we could also include 1 or 2 '4star rallies' ... devil.gif

Aww....that's soooo suicidal. suicidal.gif
On second thoughts, it sounds even more fun. colgate.gif

Also, we can include a stats column with the best times to beat along with the 100% checklist on the first page.

About the cheating part, I think it's better to assume that no one is going to cheat since we all are familiar with the rules of the game and have been playing it for so long. Newer players may be excused once, but not the senior players... anuj_cop.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:41 PM Edited by JAJ, 19 June 2007 - 11:41 PM.

I'll take a turn...
Mission: Breaking the Bank at Caligula's
Called by: JAJ
Notes:
$100000 & respect gained mission reward
I actually made it (with the parachute) to the roof where the Police helicopter is waiting!
modded a few cars & parked them in San Fierro
collected ammo
Completion: 91.98%

I'm for the rallies/races, whatever we can figure out. I also have a few ideas to add for discussion/consideration.
For example: best time from a starting safe house to a destination safe house; with or without using mandatory transportation(?). The same save could be used to insure the same starting point/time & conditions(?).

The 3 cars at the top of Mt. Chiliad could be used (as rubregg suggested) for a starting point for a race to (?) It could be a best time race from a common save with the same starting point/time & conditions(?). Two levels; 4-starland or regular(?).
Just some random thoughts...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:13 AM Edited by OrionSR, 20 June 2007 - 04:28 AM.

I'm up for another mission.

Mission: A Home in the Hills
Completion: 92.51%

Does anyone know why we get free Pay'n'Sprays? I don't remember that being a bonus in San Andreas.

Perhaps we should consider developing the racing idea as a different thread. Even if we just do the races after 100%, the rules for posting will probably need to be modified to be more flexible. Also, many of the Chain Game vets may have no trouble integrating rally races with the normal progression of gamesaves, but it will probably confuse things to no end for anyone unfamiliar with whats going on. Actually, I can see it getting confusing for anyone.

Of course, we can still use chain game saves to seed the events, but we don't need to be restricted to them either. I can see people crafting custom saves to get everything arranged just so. Or, perhaps some of the challenges can be more generic, like the original events at GTPlanet, so people playing on PS2 or XBox can also participate.

Other ideas for rally goals include: Weapon swapping or required ammo pickups. Special vehicles stored in specific locations as verification that the vehicle survived the trip. Collecting specific horseshoes, oysters, snapshots, or tags. Completing specific unique jumps as part of the journey.

I'm not sure if this idea would count, or be interesting to other players. I suggested it a long time ago as a custom 4 star challenge, but no one took me up on the idea. Anyway, I call the mission;

Katie Jumps

Requires Katie as a girlfriend when SF is still restricted, and the SF jumps are not completed. Meet Katie for a date while driving an NRG. The date will automatically fail due to the high wanted level, but Katie will remain on the back of the bike for 6 minutes before she bails and runs off. The goal is to complete as many SF unique stunt jumps as possible and score the bonus with Katie as a passenger.

This isn't that difficult of a 4 star challenge if you know how to land the jumps properly without a wanted level. CJ is fairly safe on a bike, but road blocks and the high speed required for jumps makes it fairly challenging. The fun part is listening to Katie moan I Love You in slow motion again and again.

Gray_Eagle
  • Gray_Eagle

Professional Foo'

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:49 AM Edited by Gray_Eagle, 20 June 2007 - 11:41 AM.

ill take one

Mission: VERTICAL BIRD
Called By: Gray_Eagle
Link: http://gtasnp.com/3220
Notes:

Sorry - no armor

Completion %: 93.02%

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:00 PM Edited by quartet1977, 20 June 2007 - 04:13 PM.

Mission: Home Coming
Called by: quartet1977
Link: chain game

Completion: 93.58%

@OrionSR: here's my video of CJ dating michelle with a five star wanted level: the date from hell. the end is pretty cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users