Official "What are you playing now?" thread

2,228 replies to this topic
Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

So I recently played through Mad Max, and I know it didn't really set Metacritic on fire but I really loved it. At the time I played it, the only film I'd seen was Fury Road (like I'd imagine a lot of people, haha), but since then I've seen both the first film and Beyond Thunderdome (still looking for The Road Warrior and the game's really faithful to the series. I think it was to Mad Max what Red Dead Redemption was to Westerns, or Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag was to the Golden Age of Piracy. Yeah it's a bit repetitive, but I had a blast driving around the wasteland and taking out fortresses, f*cking up convoys, exploring old ruins, and other Mad Max-y things, and I liked the story too. It's pretty bare-bones for a while, but I liked how it was lean and mean and actually really gelled well with the sandbox formula. You spend most of the game looking to upgrade your car, and pretty much everything you do ties into that goal. And when the story kicked into gear later on, it really worked for me.

Spoiler

I've also been playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and still loving it, even on solo. I can perfectly understand how a lot of longtime fans were let down, as even if I haven't played any of the others, it still feels like a departure from the rest of the series. But I'm taking it as a third-person Far Cry on steroids mixed with Watch Dogs, and it's completely working for me. And the map's still blowing my mind. I went down to the heavily forested section in the southeast, and holy sh*t, it's the forest I wanted from GTA V but never got. 

And hey, speaking of which... I've started up a new playthrough of GTA V, and this time I'm really gonna aim to finish it on XB1 and get 100%. Maybe it's because we're approaching the game's fourth anniversary (HOLY SH*T I can't believe this game is that old and I remember going to the midnight release like it was yesterday and I saw a grey hair in the mirror the other day dammit), but I'm feeling nostalgic and hungry for GTA V. But one thing I've noticed about this game after getting into The Fast and the Furious series is that it actually feels quite a bit like that series, especially if you do Franklin's street races. The Los Angeles setting, street racing, how it starts out fairly grounded but winds up having you fly a car out of a plane, chasing a train on a motorcycle and other assorted action/espionage missions (like how the series has changed over time), the mix of action and humor, I'm getting major The Fast and the Furious vibes. It's not the Breaking Bad/Heat tone I wanted, but hey, I really like The Fast and the Furious, so whatever.

• HaythamKenway likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 4 weeks ago.

Mad Max was awesome. I've played through it last year and haven't gone back since but still, it was a great game overall.
I'm on the same boat as you, Fury Road was the only movie I've seen. The vibe actually reminded me of Fallout games.
I haven't collected every single little thing but took my time finishing those fortresses and whatnot. I pretty much skipped those minefields though.

Overall I'd give it a 8/10. It took a lot of elements from other games but everything just worked well, the atmosphere ensured the game still had it's own identity along with the fun upgrade systems. Slowly upgrading Max, his ride and the fortress just felt pretty damn good.
A lot of games throw you a silly skill tree but here most upgrades were visible on the character/car/fortress/weapon.

Repetitive? Maybe a little, but it was still one hell of a ride. Played more repetitive games in my life than this one.

My only gripe with this game was the damn silence. There was a music score here and there, but when exploring it was so silent it made me sleepy sometimes. I don't ask for a 10/10 soundtrack, just something to make it a bit more enjoyable.
  • Wu-Tang Forever likes this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

After weeks in the Capital wasteland of F3, I'm currently in Empire Bay, enjoying Mafia 2 for the first time.

And for now, my ps3 version is a pure nightmare

- Horrid italian dub (weird, we should be among the best in understanding mafia stories)
- out of synch dub (like blabbing mouth with no voice and vice versa)
- misplaced voices (the old newspaper vendor speak with a yougster voice...WTF???)
- bugs and glitches, bugs and glitches EVERYWHERE (first 5 minutes of Vito in Empire bay, a woman walked in place and a policeman floated gracioulsy over a wall... way to break the immersion in the first real scene)
- low, blurry cutscene and in game quality (i don't usually mind about graphic, but where's the vibrant world described in many reviews?)

I hope it gets better, because I'm a sucker for mafia stories, and I survived and half-enjoyed The godfather 2 (a DISASTER of a game)...
  • Le Shark likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ I said the same thing back when MGS4 came out. It's 2017, and I've played MGS1 for a combined total of, like, half an hour... 2, 3, and 4 are sitting on my shelf looking at me.

Having a blast on MGS1 to be honest - Just forgot how much of the game feels like a continuous boss battle at times, if you know what I mean. I've only ever really played 1 and 2, yet own all of the games up to 5, so it's always been on my to-do list to complete them all, since 5 looks pretty amazing.

Le Shark
  • Le Shark

trustno1

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Downloaded Victoria II yesterday. Now I'm addicted, playing all day long when I should be learning Ruby and Rails. I always loved strategy games, but this one is special.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Matrelith, 4 weeks ago.

Just finished Half Life 2 Episode 1 for the umpteenth time, so tonight I'm gonna start Episode 2 again. And after that Episode 3.

Oh wait....

lODNvyA.png

Finished episode 2. The feels man... it doesn't get any easier, not even after 10 years.

• maxi2643 likes this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

So XCOM 2 was free weekend on Steam and I figured I'd try it. I played about 10 minutes of it and one of the cutscenes made it seem like it would be more interesting if I had played the first game. So I bought XCOM Enemy Within and XCOM 2 on sale. Those free weekends are basically bait for players to buy the full game, but this is the first time it worked on me. But boy, am I happy I did.

Playing through the first one right now, and it's a damn good game. I don't really play turn based games, but XCOM is something I regret looking over.

Anyone else got some good turn based games for when I inevitably finish XCOM? I'd prefer if it had a good level of customization/control like XCOM with the whole facility construction/squad building/abilities/etc. The only other turn based game I've played is Divinity (also good).

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Recently I went back to my first two PS3 games I got with the system, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and MotorStorm.

Both still look good as I remember them, but... there are some issues.

MotorStorm lacks in tracks and you can rarely do races where all vehicle classes are available, on the other hand it's still fun to wreck everything in a Big Rig and take different routes with a bike.

Uncharted though, it's a shooter with few puzzles and some platforming. Throughout most of it I was just shooting waves and waves of enemies.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Richard Power Colt, 3 weeks ago.

The Wolf Among us, only played through episode 1 so far.

Spoiler

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

In recently replayed Jedi knight : Dark forces 2 and despite being 20 years old it's still good.

zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

JC3_Cover.jpg

Gotta say, it's like a good book. I keep on turning the pages. Next thing I know I've been playing 3 hours!

maxi2643
  • maxi2643

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

I played fallout 1 and it's good

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by .Emmi, 3 weeks ago.

Uncharted The Lost Legacy (PS4)

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

... and after I have completed both I'll go back to finish Grand Theft Auto V on PS3.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Was going to get back into The Division, but since it's an "always online" game, I've got to wait half an hour for the update file to install.

I REALLY HATE ALWAYS ONLINE GAMES. The Crew, The Division, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Need For Speed... They can all suck brontosaurus dicks.
  • Ertan Soner likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago

Was going to get back into The Division, but since it's an "always online" game, I've got to wait half an hour for the update file to install.

I REALLY HATE ALWAYS ONLINE GAMES. The Crew, The Division, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Need For Speed... They can all suck brontosaurus dicks.

To be fair, Crew and Division are always online MMOs so you knew what you're getting into when you bought those.

Wildlands can be played offline. You can turn off your internet and play.

I wholeheartedly agree with NFS though. What the f*ck were they thinking? You can't even pause mid-race when alone. It's so frustrating being kicked from a singleplayer game when you loose your connection.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Earlier went through 'American ' Saga of Assassins Creed games,and then played RDR and  rented AC Unity and Syndicate. After that again returned to some GTA Online.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

Earlier went through 'American ' Saga of Assassins Creed games,and then played RDR and  rented AC Unity and Syndicate. After that again returned to some GTA Online.

Is renting games even worth it? I haven't heard of a single store in my country that rents games.
Used games are already very, very cheap unless they're new titles and you can always sell your used game back.

Once I even made a plus: a store sold DOOM new copies for 10 bucks at a discount and I sold it for 15 at a different store. Didn't trade for cash but for a 15 discount. Haven't finished DOOM. I liked it first, but the color palete gave me headaches.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is renting games even worth it? I haven't heard of a single store in my country that rents games.
Used games are already very, very cheap unless they're new titles and you can always sell your used game back.

Once I even made a plus: a store sold DOOM new copies for 10 bucks at a discount and I sold it for 15 at a different store. Didn't trade for cash but for a 15 discount. Haven't finished DOOM. I liked it first, but the color palete gave me headaches.

Renting of Ac Syndicate was definitively worth it. Heck,I managed to finish the main story for a weekend. I actually rented PS4 and game from a guy who is doing that for extra bucks. There is also no stores that rent consoles and games in my country (Bosnia and Herzegovina)but private persins are doing that. It costed me circa 30 euros.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

To be fair, Crew and Division are always online MMOs so you knew what you're getting into when you bought those.

I wholeheartedly agree with NFS though. What the f*ck were they thinking? You can't even pause mid-race when alone. It's so frustrating being kicked from a singleplayer game when you loose your connection.

I honestly didn't know that The Division and The Crew were MMO's when I bought them. I thought they were a story-driven shooter and a racing game, respectively. I should have done my due diligence I suppose, but it's still annoying.

Hakuma
  • Hakuma

The Spirits

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Hakuma, 2 weeks ago.

At the moment I am playing a lot of things, but mainly I've been playing Gangstar New Orleans.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

At the moment I am playing a lot of things, but mainly I've been playing Gangstar New Orleans.

Wait, I remember the Gangstar series. I played the sh*t out of Las Vegas. The best mobile game I've ever played.
I think it even was free to play at one point and there were many microtransactions, even pay2win ones, but you could play the whole thing without them. It was like Saints Row for mobile.

I'm currently playing Child of Light, a free title for psplus subscribers. After the first 10 minutes, I thought I'll stop playing because it seemed like some childish platformer game. I kept on playing and found so much more.

Child of Light has a gorgeus art style, Final Fantasy-like soundtrack, turn based RPG system, a cute fairytale story and the mix is quite addicting. I understand where all the praise was coming from. Never seemed like my type of thing but it's a beautiful game.

Edit: New Orleans is the new one? I need to dig out my tablet then.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wasn't NFS: Rivals also another game that was always connected to the internet - I have the game but been a long time since I played it for this fact alone. It just f*cking ruined the whole game imo, no need for a racing game to be online only.

Not really had much time for gaming lately, but spent a couple hours on various titles - 

Sonic Mania (Switch)

Metal Slug XX (Switch)

Ocarina Of Time: Master Quest (Never played this one through properly) (Gamecube)

Golden Axe (X360)

Streets Of Rage (X360)

Yep, had a really retro week thinking about it now...

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

Nadia. I've, uh I've got reserves.

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

spider-man from 2000 - i didnt know it had a pc release but it did and im enjoying it

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

Decided to reinstall Trials Fusion - need to play a more casual game once in a while. I remembered I barely touched most of the DLC. Game was my first PS4 digital purchase. I didn't really enjoy the futuristic theme as much as the Trials Evolution feel.
  • RedDagger likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Blew the dust off of the PS3 and started Saints Row 2 from the beginning. I forgot how good and well-rounded this game was. It's a little rough around the edges nearly ten years after the fact, but it's a GREAT sandbox, even by today's standards. And you can mod literally any vehicle you find... :D

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Uncharted: Lost Legacy came in the mail yesterday. So far it's really good, and I'm so glad to have Chloe back again. 

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I only really play State of Decay now. Play a few hours. Check my survivors and resources. Kill sh*t. Then quit. I'm practically bored of games though.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

I only really play State of Decay now. Play a few hours. Check my survivors and resources. Kill sh*t. Then quit. I'm practically bored of games though.

Heh, SoD was one of the last games I've played on xbox before switching to PS4. It was great fun, thanks for the reminder actually. I just might hop back in for a while.

Heard there's a sequel coming? Shame it's an exclusive.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Neon_Dreaming, A week ago.

Started playing Skyrim again, had a save with a level 10 character so started from there, such a good game, I've sunk so many hours into this game. Come on Bethesda we all want another Elder Scrolls game, just annouce it already.

I also found this site which has all the books in Skyrim available to read, good for some light bedtime reading. ;)
https://www.imperial...fo/books/skyrim
  • Mister Pink likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, The LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, A week ago.

Had a grate time yesterday with some old homies. F*ck though, thank good i have my day off. Drank a little to much :whistle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users