Photo

Official "What are you playing now?" thread

2,179 replies to this topic
AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I though I would be part way through the Uncharted series and at least have started The Witcher III on PC, but alas no. I have so, so many games I want to play but I'm not going to let myself fall into the trap of playing a hour or so and then realising that I don't really have enough time to get into something new and then abandoning it. I do that way too much already and I'm sure as sh*t not going to do it for a third time with The Witcher.

For now I'm using my gaming time on stuff I can dip in and out of. I just finished the story of The Witness yesterday but I'm sure I still have 200 odd puzzles to solve, plus the challenge. I also fired up GTA III on PS4 for the first time in ages and actually got into it a bit so it'll probably keep my occupied for a good while.

One thing's for sure, the III era games will promptly rip the rose tinted glasses off your face, stamp on them and then piss in your eyes. They will always be great and hugely important games of course but I'm certainly enjoying the nostalgia more than the actual game, if that makes sense. The awkward controls, frequent stutter, very noticeable pop-in and even the stretched (and huge, by current high def standards) HUD take away from the experience some. Getting back a tiny bit of that feeling I had when I first played III back in 2001 makes the negatives very easy to ignore though. I love the GTA series more than any other.  :inlove:

"We're going to Aruba"

• Mister Pink likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

So I got my HTC Vive set up. So far I've tried out Superhot VR, Gorn, Google Earth VR and Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand grenades. I can safely say now that VR is here to stay, it's a completely different experience to playing traditional games and the tech is really impressive. There are definitely some drawbacks in the current generation of it like the fact that it's not wireless and the somewhat noticeably pixelly resolution, but it already feels incredibly immersive when you have the headset on and interacting with objects using the controllers is a ton of fun. All the games I played were super cool too tho it does remain to be seen how long they'll hold my interest. H3VR actually has quite a lot of content to it, but it's sort of a sandbox with no story or anything and I feel that it's the type of game that would really benefit a bunch from having multiplayer. I actually have a friend of mine who got the Rift so I'm really excited to play some multiplayer VR stuff with him.

I would definitely recommend anyone who has a powerful enough PC to pick up the Oculus Rift right now as it's on sale for 450 bucks. I got the Vive on the Steam summer sale, but I definitely would have picked up the Rift had I known it would get discounted so soon. Based on what I've read from people who own both devices, the experience is roughly the same with some minor pros and cons for both devices. Though if you want proper 360 tracking with the Rift you actually need to buy a 3rd camera which makes the total price 520, but it's still much cheaper than the Vive which still costs 800. HTC will probably be forced to drop the price soon to stay competitive not only, because of the Rift price but also, because LG and Microsoft are supposedly releasing headsets of their own fairly soon. Really excited to see where this technology will be in a couple of years.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 3 weeks ago

five nights at freddy'sµ

Honestly, now i've played it a bit, i find it quite boring to be honest, which surprised me.

Should have bought something way more scary.

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Soon The godfather, look amazing; pure criminal game.

The Ghost 206
  • The Ghost 206

H.N.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The Ghost 206, 3 weeks ago.

Been playing vice city stories alot lately such a fun game I forget all about the story missions to busy with the empire missions
  • Payne Killer likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Playing RDR. Unlocked the Marshal outfit last night, died a couple of times because of enemies spawning out of nowhere in the hideouts when you first enter. It was a rush trying to complete all five hideouts within one in game day. Next up is the master hunter outfit.

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've been replaying the original Ratchet and Clank trilogy, these games are absolutely amazing

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've been replaying the original Ratchet and Clank trilogy, these games are absolutely amazing

I have the trilogy on my vita, but I haven't even finished the first game yet. I didn't remember it being so challenging. How the hell did I even complete this as a kid? :D
The humor is surprisingly good in the first game. I didn't understand half of the jokes because I didn't knew english back then yet.

R&C3 had the best spilt screen multiplayer back then. Had a lot of fun with it.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ratchet and Clank 3 was my favourite, the rift gun was boss, can still remember the layout of the starship Phoenix. Kind of missed the space battles from 2 though.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Max Payne, been a long ass time since I've played it.

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

[PROTOTYPE]

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

Picked up Planetside 2 again.

Got my ass handed to me, I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

ChickenAndBeer
  • ChickenAndBeer

witty remark

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Been playing through the first four Silent Hill games, started with 2 first. Currently on 4, and while I'm really enjoying it so far, the gameplay is super f*cking frustrating and the ghosts can just go eat a huge dick. 

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted A week ago

Playing Attack on Titan atm.

Got this game today for 20$ from my local shop. I'm having a blast with this game & it's def. one of those hidden gems you have to play on PS4.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I played like 5 hours of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice today. I usually don't buy games so soon and at full price, but this one had me really interested in it. The psychosis narrative in the game is super cool and so far I think it's one of the most effectively told stories I've seen in video games. Gameplay-wise the game really isn't anything remarkable as it mostly consists of simplistic combat and puzzles, but it's a really cool experience if you enjoy games that are really immersive and more story-focused. I kinda wanted to beat the entire game in one sitting, I feel like I was pretty close to the end already. However I ended up stopping due to some frustrating crashes. It probably has to do with my PC, but there was one section where I ended up dying twice and both times the game crashed. What made it worse was the fact that for some reason my task manager was barely responding as a result as well, meaning it took forever for me to actually kill the process. So yeah that kinda made me wanna play something else for a change. I'll probably come back to it tomorrow and try to avoid dying.

• anthony and fashion like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 6 days ago

I'm 5-6 hours in and about halfway through, I think. I just got to where
Spoiler

I think it's an excellent game. While the combat isn't anything too complicated, the tension and the camera angle make every encounter incredibly fun.
I've seen people complaining about the puzzles. While it's no Portal 3, the puzzles are decent and all you need to do is to look around. I'll look around in this beautiful world and atmosphere with pleasure.
Btw, you can go into photomode even during cutscenes and have full control of it.

Sorry to hear you have some PC trouble. I'm on PS4 and have 0 issues.

I think it's not a game for everyone, for people who expect too much gameplay or get irritated by the easiest puzzles.

So yes, I've been playing Hellblade in short sessions, been playing GR Wildlands again and bought Skate 2 for the X360. Dunno why I skipped it.
  • Richard Power Colt likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Matrelith, 6 days ago.

Just finished Half Life 2 Episode 1 for the umpteenth time, so tonight I'm gonna start Episode 2 again. And after that Episode 3.

Oh wait....

lODNvyA.png

• anthony, RedDagger and Richard Power Colt like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 5 days ago

I finished Max Payne, so now I'm replaying the sequel.
  • anthony and Payne Killer like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 2 days ago

I just finished up MGSV: TPP.

The prologue was so good. So good they let you play it twice. But then the rest of the game just feels irrelevant. The twist is not so much a twist, but a plot point that they hoped you forgot happened. Does it do anything for the overall story? Really?

Granted I never played Peacewalkers or MGS4. But from what I've gathered it only really means that one character you think is dead, is actually not dead.

The gameplay was fun, but it just never feels like a MGS game.

Anyway, on to the Telltale Batman game. I really like how it's less action focused, and more focused on the detective work of the world's greatest detective.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A day ago Edited by fashion, A day ago.

Telltale's Batman S1 wasn't one of my favorite telltales. In fact, it's the only telltale I haven't finished at least twice. I'm gonna wait for a significant price drop before jumping into S2.

Oh and I quit Minecraft Story Mode after episode 2. Didn't have a season pass for that one.

Right now, I'm replaying GTAIV and switch it between GR Wildlands. Haven't touched The Crew in a while.
FC primal landed in my backlog. Still like that game and want to finish it sometime, but Survival mode is a real kick in the dick when you're halfway through. It's gotten a bit repetitive as well.

GR Wildlands taught me, when a game gets a bit repetitive, push it back for a while. I've given GR a two month break and am enjoying it again now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users