Photo

Official "What are you playing now?" thread

2,228 replies to this topic
Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:32 PM Edited by Wu-Tang Forever, 17 May 2017 - 02:44 PM.

I've been playing AC Unity, both to hype myself for Empire... I mean, urg, Origins, and because it's the only AC I haven't beaten. And I was chugging merrily along (had just beat the Court of Miracles mission) when I accidentally fast-traveled to the mission marker that activates Dead Kings, and without a way to exit it (at least, not one I could find), and not wanting to play it until after beating the main storyline, I had to start over. Yay me. Oh well, at least I didn't make it that far (I mostly did side-stuff) and this time, I'm taking my time exploring Paris. If you just go ahead and do all the viewpoints, the sheer amount of stuff on the map can be kinda daunting, even if you use the filters to only show certain things. But now I'm taking my time, and the experience is a little better for it.

That out of the way, I still have to say that I really like this game. The story's pretty meh so far (and Arno's a decent leading man with a lot of potential, but he's written and presented as just Ezio Lite, right down to an early-game outfit that makes him look pretty much identical to Ezio in the first hour or so of II) and the historical aspect is pretty f*cked, but the gameplay is pretty great. Mission design is excellent and wide-open so far, and I even kinda like the controversial combat. You can get good at it, and it's satisfying once you do, but even then it emphasizes that you're a stealthy cloak-and-dagger type, rather than Conan the Barbarian. It requires you to think on your feet about positioning and which guys you need to attack first and so on, rather than the older games which (to be brutally honest) were basically "just counter everybody and dodge the heavy guys until you win" (as much as I love AC III, that game's combat was so easy (if fun and empowering) that I distinctly remember just slaughtering a bunch of redcoats for sh*ts and giggles and basically covering the street with their corpses, haha). 

And one thing no one can deny about this game is that it looks gorgeous. While they dropped the ball when it comes to the story's accuracy, Paris is staggeringly detailed and authentic, and really makes you feel like you're living in the times. (And I just have to mention that so many locations in this game - Notre Dame, the Palace of Justice, the Court of Miracles - have me nostalgia-ing hard about Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, haha.) But overall, Ubi bit off more than they could chew with the graphical presentation, especially with having so many people on screen at once. Even though the game's been pretty much fixed after that godawful launch, the framerate still hitches and stutters from time to time. It's not really a big deal, especially compared to something like Just Cause 3, but still pretty annoying.

Lastly, I have to praise the character customization, which for my money is the best of the series. I'm a sucker for virtual paper dolls, and Unity gives you a metric ton of hood, coat, belt, pants and gloves options that truly let you make Arno your own with a unique look. It's not perfect (I do wish there had been an option to wear the hood down, or even hats - I want a tricorn, dammit!), but it's really fun to play around with, and I'm so glad to hear that Origins' customization will be similar to this.

Oh, one more thing. If I were any good at video editing, I'd totally make a video of the game set to this.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

I regularly play to GTA 3 , Vice City & San Andreas and make a 2 hours party everytime.

I bought them more than 7 years and a half ago but I still love them.

• Mister Pink, KilnerLUFC and Wu-Tang Forever like this

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:01 AM

Replaying the Uncharted series again, I lost count of how many times I beat these games

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

I started Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360, I like the game so far!

Spoiler
  • Nero likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:14 AM

Been playing Htman: Absolution thanks to that cool sale on the Xbox store.;)

I must say I was a bit hestiant to try this game at first because of the criticism directed at it being more linear than the other games, but I'm really enjoying it. It kind of feels like blending a Hitman and Max Payne game together. The level design is really top notch and I appreciate there's still some freedom of approach despite being more linear.

As I'm not a hardcore Hitman fan I'm finding Absolution easier to get into without feeling as overcome by the open ended feel of the other games. The smaller (but highly detailed) levels makes if more comfortable to digest and take in IMO.

• Mister Pink and Great Britain like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

Is anyone here still playing MMOs? I know they're time sinks which is why I've given up on them for the most part, but some of my best times were in MMOs and I feel that urge to pick one up again. It seems like that whole genre is slowly quieting down with WoW still at the top. I've never tried WoW, and I don't really want to. The recent ones I've heard of are Black Desert and Archeage. I've tried Elder Scrolls Online recently but it wasn't that great. What else is out there?

i did play ESO a year ago and i did all the story for the three races on the playstation, tried it on the free weekend on Pc but i just didnt had the will power to do it anymore since you cant transfer your account. i know the Elders Scroll Online Morrowind is going to be released on 6-6-2017 but i still didnt read mutch about it, if its a new game ill get it and lose a few hours in it, if its just some sort of expansion ill skip it

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

ESO wasn't too bad when I tried it. I'm thinking of going back if you want to give it another try. I'm on PC.

Don't know what else to try. I could always go back to Aion, that was fairly enjoyable.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:01 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 22 May 2017 - 01:02 AM.

Playing clash royale

just need to grab a quick chest to be stocked up

kicking some dudes ass, already took down his tower and working on the other 2 while he has failed to damage me at all

dude says "good luck" and then I lose connection right after he says that

wow thats weird

I haven't had my internet go down in months

come back to having lost 3 crowns to some lava hound deck I was obliterating 

surely my connection going down after having my victory assured and him messaging me good luck was just a coincidence. 

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Enjoying some peace & quiet with a game of, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Started it yesterday, really loving it till now!

Been playing Htman: Absolution thanks to that cool sale on the Xbox store. ;)

I must say I was a bit hestiant to try this game at first because of the criticism directed at it being more linear than the other games, but I'm really enjoying it. It kind of feels like blending a Hitman and Max Payne game together. The level design is really top notch and I appreciate there's still some freedom of approach despite being more linear.

As I'm not a hardcore Hitman fan I'm finding Absolution easier to get into without feeling as overcome by the open ended feel of the other games. The smaller (but highly detailed) levels makes if more comfortable to digest and take in IMO.

I think I can agree with that even though I find absolution not that appealing when compared to the other hitman games in the saga and that's coming from a hardcore fan of the franchise. I do however think absolution isn't that bad. It has some creative elements to it tbh. My favourite one in the saga is Blood Money. If you haven't played that yet, check it out. It is literally the definition of an out-standing hitman game. 

• Mister Pink and Algonquin Assassin like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Saints Row IV, I'm probably going to listen to my own playlist since the radio sucks.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:48 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 23 May 2017 - 10:52 PM.

Been playing Htman: Absolution thanks to that cool sale on the Xbox store. ;)

Yeah man, sweet game. Not the best Hitman but a solid game. Most of the controversy surrounding the game was fixed by some simple menu changes, well, when turning off hand-holding stuff like seeing where people were going to walk kind of nonsense. Switching to a harder options gave more of the true stealth Hitman feel of classic titles like Blood Money. 

I'm not sure the older games were more open-ended. The levels were pretty much similar in Blood Money and Absolution, size-wise it's just that absolution there wasn't as many multiple ways to get creative in your approach. It seemed some times, linear in that respect but the level sizes seem similar. 

But yeah Absolution is worth a playthrough and it might be a good introduction to the series, albeit, not "classically" Hitman but more Hitman-lite. I think if you are enjoying it, you'll love the new Hitman. (I've only played through the first episode) but the fans are pretty unanimous in saying it's a great Hitman and a return to form. 

Also, like GB said, try Blood Money. That's also my favourite so far but also my introduction to Hitman. 

Loved this level..

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

Now I'm onto Sniper Elite 4 and Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger. I play too many games. :ph34r: 

• Mister Pink likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:42 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 24 May 2017 - 02:44 PM.

im amazed how no one have spoken on the Surge on this forum yet.

it lacks a good story, but the gameplay and combat seem to be very good

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

I'm back in Skyrim.. oh how I love Skyrim's map. It's just full of beauty, wonder and danger. 

I'm also playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2. Man, some parts are tricky but I'm really loving it. I remember playing it briefly when I was a kid. We never owned it, just rented it but I'm only getting to see it now for real. 

• Algonquin Assassin and 21:6 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

I'm back in Skyrim.. oh how I love Skyrim's map. It's just full of beauty, wonder and danger. 

I'm also playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2. Man, some parts are tricky but I'm really loving it. I remember playing it briefly when I was a kid. We never owned it, just rented it but I'm only getting to see it now for real. 

I have the original Sonic. Can never get tired of that jingle.:D

• Mister Pink likes this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:23 AM

Playing Black Desert Online. Still at the character create. The damn creator is so good it's frustrating.

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Friday the 13th.

It's actually quite fun.

I only played as Jason 2 times so far, it's quite hard but very satisfying when you get a kill. (some kills are brutal asf)

It's similar to Slasher adv. mode, someone in the session become Jason and have to hunt down and kill the others.

The others have to survive until the timer expires or manage to escape, there are several escape routes but it's not easy.

Jason can be killed, but so far I haven't seen anyone do it. He's super strong and have abilitys to help him. 

You can upgrade and customize both Jason and the victims with perks and clothes.

Yesterday (release day) it was almost unplayable, had to wait like 20 minutes for a session and after one match the session broke so you had to find a new one.

Today they released a patch and it works ok, waiting for session is faster and when you join you can continue playing with the people in that session, which you coulden't yesterday.

Graphics are pretty bad, so people that care about that probably won't like it.

I don't care though so it's all good.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

Busted out my GameCube and played a bit of Rogue Squadron II.

Goddamn, I wish they would make an HD version of this game. It looks extra bad on a big screen HDTV.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, p dope game from my childhood.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Now I'm onto Sniper Elite 4 and Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger. I play too many games. :ph34r:

Dude, me too. I've got so many incomplete games on rotation. Not a bad complaint but I miss when I was poorer not interested in so many games and I would get one game and play it to death. :D

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

I ordered The Witcher 3 GOTY edition today, should be here tomorrow. I watched some reviews when it came out in 2015 but didn't feel the need to buy it at that time. Now I was looking for a new game to sink some hours in now and Witcher 3 is relatively cheap these days, so what the heck.

Everyone seems really positive about it and from what I've seen the gameplay looks good, maybe a bit overwhelming. Looking forward to play it tomorrow.

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

stisni pisni, pusti zviždi

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:06 PM Edited by turbocharger, 29 May 2017 - 07:11 PM.

For the past few weeks I've been playing NFS Most Wanted all over again like a madman, with a Junker M3 GTR save file. Completed the story, but still jump in every now and then to play again, can't have enough. It relaxes me and it's fun. Also, after college stuff clears out (because right now it's fcking cray cray with the exams), I plan on playing Underground 2.

I'm stuck with the old games, because there's nothing out there nowadays I would buy or even pirate. The only game(s) that I would play sh*t out of right now are Forza Horizon 1 and 2 (I don't like the third so much), but unfortunately I don't have an xbox, and I never got to play them so I missed out big time. But then again maybe it's a good thing, because I probably wouldn't go outside at all, those are damn good games.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

Mario Run is quite fun.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Dude, me too. I've got so many incomplete games on rotation. Not a bad complaint but I miss when I was poorer not interested in so many games and I would get one game and play it to death. :D

Lately I've been buying games every couple of weeks. I try to get the cheap ones though. I guess it's not a bad habit to have.:D

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

I'm going to play Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time.

• Algonquin Assassin and Payne Killer like this

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:29 PM Edited by AnotherDave, 01 June 2017 - 10:59 PM.

I never got around to playing Mass Effect 3 beyond the opening 20 minutes or so so I've been working my way through the whole trilogy again as they're on EA Access. I just need to wrap up the DLC for ME2 and I'll finally be able to have a proper crack at 3.

And once that's done I'm thinking I'll move on to another trilogy (at least in terms of last gen/remasters). I only had an Xbox 360 last generation and didn't have the chance to play any of the Uncharted games. They've been on my 'to play' list for ages so I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into them on PS4.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

I'm going to play Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time.

Hope you enjoy it mate. Best Assassin's Creed IMO and my personal favourite.;)

• KilnerLUFC and anthony like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:44 AM

Saints Row IV, I'm probably going to listen to my own playlist since the radio sucks.

To each of their own.. Taste in music is personal preference..

But Mix 107.77 though...?

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

To each of their own.. Taste in music is personal preference..

But Mix 107.77 though...?
Not my thing tbh, and the game's main problem is that the stations don't have that many songs. It's like the makers aren't even trying. I prefer Turbonegro and GG Allin, fits well with the game's chaotic atmosphere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users