» «
Photo

Official "What are you playing now?" thread

2,227 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

It's the only CoD I've actually looked forward to playing. I mean I enjoyed playing through the campaigns of a couple of CoDs but this actually looked exciting to me.

The only COD games I've played are Modern Warfare, World At War, Black Ops and Ghosts. Ghosts is the only one I still own though.

I wasn't sure about Infinite Warfare due to the theme/setting, but it's getting more and more interesting each time I play. I also like that it's not completely linear. You get to choose which missions to do first.

It's a little more sandboxy which is cool.:)
  • Wu-Tang Forever likes this

NOSRacing_
  • NOSRacing_

I gotta go on vacation.

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

Nfs underground 1

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

GTA: The Lost and Damned, baby - such a badass game!
  • B Dawg and Neon_Dreaming like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

I finished Infinite Warfare. Great game IMO. Now I'm onto The Last Of Us: Remastered, continuing Resident Evil 7 and GTA IV in between.
  • Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Still getting stuck in to Wildlands and have an urge to return to GTA but only if it's with a group like an MC group. Also put Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on hold and I'm getting an urge to continue with The Witcher 3. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Jeez Pink, how can you have so many games on the go at one time? I get itchy if I don't finish a game before starting the next one (unless it's pure sh*te and I don't want to bother finishing it). 

Just about to finish Horizon: Zero Dawn, then probably the next thing I'll play is ME:Andromeda. Although the missus won't be able to play it until April she says, and she was going to pick it up, so... might just have to play something else for a bit. 

I've been thinking about playing Witcher 3 again as I never played any of the DLCs, but it's SO MUCH GAME, I'm not sure I can get back into that world just yet. I can't be enslaved by the Gwent again. 

I suppose I could dig back into For Honor for a while. 

• Mister Pink likes this

Hakuma
  • Hakuma

The Spirits

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:23 AM Edited by Hakuma, 07 April 2017 - 01:55 AM.

Actually playing and enjoying Black Ops II.

• boyy likes this

YocIedecic
  • YocIedecic

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

At the moment im in chapter 2 Of Super danganronpa 2 and also replaying GTA Vice City because i can never get enough of that game... :r*: On my work computer, I've been playing Atlantis-queen a lot more now.

Im also playing a fangame based on a youtuber: Nicob s bizzarre adventure. Certainly recommended :^:

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Started playing the new Zelda on my Wii U that's mostly been gathering dust in the last few years. As someone who mostly plays on PC nowadays, the low resolution and huge amount of aliasing really bothered me when I started playing and sorta made me wish I had bought a Switch to play this with. But I got used to it after a while. Didn't play it for too long, but it seems really fun so far. Idk how heavy this game is on the RPG side of things yet, but it definitely seems a bit more sandboxy than games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim since you can mess around with physics objects and fire and such which makes the combat more interesting too, because you can for example kill enemies by pushing a giant boulder down from the top of a hill. I also like that you can disarm enemies and they have to run over to get their weapon back giving you a brief window to smack them for free. I've noticed that sometimes the enemies don't actually have weapons in their hand when they're just chilling at a campfire before I alert, I wonder if you could sneak and steal their weapons before they notice you? I'll have to try that.

Not much else to say so far tho one complaint I have is that aiming the bow with the pro controller sucks ass, the threshold of how much you need to push the thumbstick to move the crosshair at all is way too high and when it moves it moves too fast. I actually found it easier to aim at one point by walking left and right instead of actually turning the bow. I changed the camera sensitivity to very fast earlier and idk if that changes bow aiming speed as well, but if it does then that's pretty sh*tty because the normal 3rd person camera is way too slow on lower settings.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

Replaying Manhunt on Hardcore mode.
  • Payne Killer likes this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:43 PM Edited by toxluv, 16 March 2017 - 11:43 PM.

Replaying Manhunt on Hardcore mode.

Good luck with that, especially if you tryna getting 5 stars rating in all levels.

boyy
  • boyy

Japanese Denim

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GFX]

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Max Payne. It's starting to irritate me. Why does respawning take almost an entire minute? Why am I allowed to skip cutscenes only sometimes? At least give me a free freaking painkiller after my 16th failed attempt. Game design couldn't have been this poor in 2003.

Though the story is worth it I suppose.

• Payne Killer likes this

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:20 PM Edited by m8son, 17 March 2017 - 08:20 PM.

Been replaying through Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld this past week.  These games are so much better than the new Tomb Raiders, the new ones are okay but seem like they copied way too much from Uncharted. Whereas the old games had their own style to the gameplay.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

Jeez Pink, how can you have so many games on the go at one time? I get itchy if I don't finish a game before starting the next one (unless it's pure sh*te and I don't want to bother finishing it). 

I applaud you for sticking to one game to be honest :p

What I play pretty much daily now;

- Mount & Blade: Warband (definitely taking up most of the time)

- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

- Millenium Racer Y2K Fighters

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (finally started this after buying it, starting to enjoy it)

- Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (getting close to the end but my character build f*cked up so I'm not looking forward to this, luckily there's cheats)

- Steep

- For Honor (daily quests only pretty much).

- World of Warcraft

• Fuzzknuckles and Mister Pink like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:18 AM Edited by luisniko, 19 March 2017 - 05:18 AM.

Same. lol

I would feel bad for days literally.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

I S-Ranked End Of The World in Sonic 06 today. Feels good man.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:12 AM

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on 360. This game is f*cking fun, good story and the comic book cutscenes are awesome. Can't believe I shrugged it off.

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

I've played a few more Resident Evil games, so I'll keep each description brief:

* Resident Evil: Revelations: REALLY underrated entry in the series. The story's a little convoluted but pretty interesting, the setting and atmosphere are fantastic, and the enemies, holy sh*t. Some of the freakiest enemies in the series are in this game. So far, my pick for scariest moment of the series is that damn Comms. Officer. Especially when you read his diary. "Maaaaay.... daaaaaaay......."

* Resident Evil 5: Uggggh god what a slog. Like I remember really liking this when it came out, but this time around, so much of it just rubbed me the wrong way. Like a friend of mine on another site said, the game really wants to be Gears of War (especially when it starts introducing enemies with guns), but doesn't play like Gears of War, so it just doesn't work as well as it should. And so many headscratching decisions (making it into a co-op shooter, the Merchant system from RE4 with no merchant, no save rooms), combined with some really annoying enemies and boss battles starting around the middle just sink the f*ck out of it for me. Oh well, it had its moments (I really liked the whole chapter in the swamp, as well as the first two Wesker fights) But I LOVED the Lost in Nightmares DLC. I'm a sucker for nostalgia levels, and that thing was worth the price of admission alone.

* Resident Evil: Revelations 2: I'm not too far into this one, but am really liking it so far. It's got great atmosphere, the protagonist switching mechanic works really well, the story seems interesting, and it's just a fun and spooky adventure. And I f*cking LOVE Moira Burton. She's basically the Chloe Price/Ellie of Resident Evil, and she's awesome.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

I've just downloaded Fallout Shelter on my XB1. Holy crap. I'm not normally into management type games as they usually piss me off, but I thought because this one was free I'd give it a go.

I sucked a bit at first, but once I got the hang of it before I knew it I played it for a couple of hours lol.
  • Fuzzknuckles and Mister Pink like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

I know, I kind of wish it was back when I couldn't afford games and I would just play the sh*t out of one for ages. Seriously though, I think I get bored of one setting too easily. After around 40 hours I go on a break and then when enough time goes by I find myself unexcited by the prospect of returning to it until I really, really miss it. Same happens with TV shows. I wish I was more like you and got bothered by not finishing a game first before moving on to the next. I think that's something I'll try teach myself. I've spent too much on new games that haven't been finished. 

BTW, is Gwent good? I got a code for the beta but didn't use it. 

IlikeLatinaTits
  • IlikeLatinaTits

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Brunei

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:19 PM Edited by IlikeLatinaTits, 27 March 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Tom Clancy's Wildlands, I'm roughly 35 hours in & I'm still absolutely loving it I'm only 55% through the story I have just been so immersed in the beautiful location (Bolivia) this game is open world gaming done right, by a distance the best Ubisoft game I have played thus far. 

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

Tom Clancy's Wildlands, I'm roughly 35 hours in & I'm still absolutely loving it I'm only 55% through the story I have just been so immersed in the beautiful location (Bolivia) this game is open world gaming done right, by a distance the best Ubisoft game I have played thus far. 

Wow, you're flying through it. I got to about 45hrs and only cleared the 3rd province. Although I'm playing on Extreme and I really need to take my sweet time with it, lol. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

Not played the standalone but if it's anything like the one in The Witcher 3, it's crack and therefore craic.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

it's crack and therefore craic.

I see what you did there ;)

Yeah I really need to pick up the game game again. I found myself leveling up quite slowly and overwhelmed by the amount of icons on my map. There's so much to do. 

Gwent, is fun all right but found myself losing quite a lot towards the end and losing interest. Maybe I just suck balls at it. Haven't played the standalone yet either.

• Fuzzknuckles and Corndawg93 like this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

The standalone Gwent game isn't as nice as the in game one IMO.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:10 AM

really?

that's pretty funny. half the reason that I still fire up my Witcher 3 playthrough is just so I can play some ingame Gwent :lol:

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

Downloading Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City and Mafia 3 Faster Baby at the same time.

Internet diarrhea.

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

really?

that's pretty funny. half the reason that I still fire up my Witcher 3 playthrough is just so I can play some ingame Gwent :lol:

I think part of the appeal of the ingame Gwent is that you could always leave and continue the main game. Also, the fact that it is much simpler. Not to say the standalone one isn't bad. But I played my beta copy for about an hour or so and haven't picked it back up. Didn't hook me the same way. And now that Mass Effect: Andromeda is out, I don't think I'll be playing SA Gwent again anytime soon.  :lol:

• El Diablo likes this

Unandin
  • Unandin

We never know the value of water till the well is dry

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:50 PM Edited by Unandin, 29 March 2017 - 11:19 PM.

At the moment my choice fell on the on-line game mega moolah.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:59 PM Edited by Journey_95, 31 March 2017 - 07:01 PM.

Currently playing Mafia 2 again, its really underrated % got too much hate for not being a generic open world game. The story is great and engaging, Vito is a solid protagonist and I love the atmosphere & how it changes after the timeskip.

A shame they ruined the series with Mafia 3 (which was basically not a Mafia game at all, wtf!) because they listened to the whiners. Wish they would have continued Vito's story, I think there was more potential left here.

Also played ME:A for a few hours and damm does it suck, seems like Bioware has lost it for good. Two awful games in a row

• Algonquin Assassin and SchizNitz like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users