Photo

After Dark

210 replies to this topic
Topher Ridge
  • Topher Ridge

Hell's Angels LC bad ass!

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, I would love to be going down an alley and meet some like axe murderer and totatly kick his a**.

New B
  • New B

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

there will also be less cops at night.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:29 PM

I don't know about you, but..

user posted image

I <3 NY err.. I mean LC inlove.gif

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 3 2007, 18:29)
I don't know about you, but..

user posted image

I <3 NY inlove.gif

Me too i live right near new york city blush.gif brooklyn and manhattan are my favorite boroughs.....

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:21 AM

Oh new ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Some bridges might be closed and the same with some subway tracks....
2. Possibly Blackouts can happen during the night....
3. Gangs come into your gangs neighborhood (not to take control but to spray graffitti and you'll notice it the next time you walk in that neighborhood)
4. If there are seasons, christmas lights, halloween lights and memorial day lights appear in time square, the empire state building or billboards at night...
5. People dining in restaraunts
6. Niko Witnessing Police Cars blocking off roads so they can investigate a murder that happened....
7. Less Police Officers Out but more cautious (like the previous poster said)
8. 24/7 shops are still open as well as some fast food restaraunts...
9. Night time (darkness) should last from 8:15 P.M. till 6:00 A.m. instead of the past GTA's which was 11:00 P.M. till 4:00 A.M.
10. Clock should be slower and should take 40 - 60 minutes for one full game day......

Well that's all i can think of..

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Eye-Contact, Man.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Jun 2 2007, 23:11)

And, I believe that when you turn 18 you're considered an adult, so you're idea wouldn't be including teenagers.

Eighteen and nineteen year olds are still teenagers.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Aren't you gonna take your skates off?

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jun 3 2007, 22:01)
QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Jun 2 2007, 23:11)

And, I believe that when you turn 18 you're considered an adult, so you're idea wouldn't be including teenagers.

Eighteen and nineteen year olds are still teenagers.

Well, from what I understood, after you turn 18 you're considered an adult.

mtjohnson1977
  • mtjohnson1977

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:20 AM

I think young people (Partying folk) and crime should be more apparent at night.

Gezie
  • Gezie

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:23 AM

Id love to be walking down the street and notice some shadow is following you down the street, and as soon as you turn around there is a deadly moment of silence and you notice something glisten in the figures hand as he comes running towards you.

victim225
  • victim225

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:36 AM

I just hope Rockstar don't overdo it. Even walking around the dirtiest neighborhoods of NY you wouldn't see somebody getting randomly killed, if it were a rare occasion, it would be great.

freshlaundryX
  • freshlaundryX

KindaGamey.com

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

I just want to fly a helicopter at night and look out over the whole city.
Man, what a trip.

el monoro
  • el monoro

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

it would be cool if at night, in a dangerous part of liberty city, you could get mugged or bashed up.

purple_bandana_333
  • purple_bandana_333

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

alright its supposed 2 b realistic have u ppl ever been out at night i mean,its dangerous but not every1 who goes out at night gets mugged ,but i think u should mugg ppl at night like in gta3 i went around portland,witchta gardens or the subway wif a bat and bashed ppl 4 their money i think it will b betta in gta4 like in sa i likes 2 walk through enemy gang turfs(not ballas or vagos as 2 avoid wars i mean like aztecas,locos ect.) wif a ak or a deagle and just pop any1 who f**ks wif me. also sum of us r talkin bout havin monsters like in true crime la thats not gone hapen tounge2.gif i still fink at night u should see punk teenagers graffiting,muggers occasionaly,hookers and dogie blokes/shady characters wif the sunglases and trenchcoats coverin there face like gta3 rampage_ani.gif

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (freshlaundryX @ Jun 4 2007, 08:35)
I just want to fly a helicopter at night and look out over the whole city.
Man, what a trip.

ya that would be a wicked view to see all of those lights it would also be cool that if u were flying low enough that u can see gun shots if there are any while u are flying...haven't really seen that yet...

me323
  • me323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

I can't wait to see the different people who come out at different times
I can just imagine seeing all the shop keepers closing up and going home, then all the thugs come out in some districts and in algonquin with times square lit up and then when morning comes all the shop keeper come out and the hustle and bustle starts again
thats what i am dieing 2 see

JohnnyDrama
  • JohnnyDrama

so much drama

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

My comment is a bit askew from the rest, but still, it's about night time. Besides, I'd rather post here than to hear some crybaby no-life whine about "that topic is somewhere else already!!!!" Anyways, I hope that the weather -- assuming there will be weather -- will be realistic at night. We already know the game engine is capable of casting realistic shadows during the daytime.

Imagine standing alone inside a dark house - thunderstorm brewing outside - then the lightning flashes through the window, immediately throwing your shadow across the floor of the dark house. Sorta like...umm, that Resident Evil remake. With all that we've been told, I say it's possible. I guess we'll soon find out.

Other than that, I'd like to hear some of the sound effects that made up the night-time ambience of The Warriors, for example dogs barking, people yelling at you to quieten down, police sirens in the distance, etc. You get the picture.

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

Liberty City At Night should be like the Discovery Channel At Night--people sucking and f*cking as opposed to the Discovery Channel's animal sex.

Helsinki
  • Helsinki

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

There was a really, really good thread on this same subject a while ago. Here it is: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=276082 inlove.gif

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

Well, some people think that archeology is BAD.

MotjoBoss
  • MotjoBoss

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

More hookers! more ugly hookers with no teeth... nervous.gif now that's scary!

Bryan614
  • Bryan614

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

I gotta say that Broker and Bohan will probably have the most dangerous areas at night.

Brooklyn has a ton of neighborhoods that you wouldn't wanna go to at night, but theres a lot of decent neighborhoods there too.

And except for a few places in the Bronx.....most of its pretty hood if you know what I'm saying.

I hope the Broker Bridge will be lit up at night, cause that'd be a sweet site to see.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

I'm expecting more night shots/video in the next go-round of info to pour out of R*s doors. That Twitchin's Sugar screen has me all riled up...

Broker Gangsta
  • Broker Gangsta

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Bryan614 @ Jun 5 2007, 16:14)
I gotta say that Broker and Bohan will probably have the most dangerous areas at night.

Brooklyn has a ton of neighborhoods that you wouldn't wanna go to at night, but theres a lot of decent neighborhoods there too.

And except for a few places in the Bronx.....most of its pretty hood if you know what I'm saying.

I hope the Broker Bridge will be lit up at night, cause that'd be a sweet site to see.

U forgot Alogoquin becuzz the real Queens has some very bad places such as Queensbridge and SouthSide Queens. I hink nite time is the best time to rob stores like conerstores or bodegas for the money and drugs and stuff and most of all home invasions. Plus I think thats wen u shuld do your more dangerous missins since it a b dark and not alot going around. But in the more seedeier parts of Liberty they'll be more police cars cruising since thats wat they really do at midnight. 4 sum reason I think Stauton might still show up and the other GTA 3 islands because lets not 4got this is Liberty state sigh.gif

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

4 sum reason I think Stauton might still show up and the other GTA 3 islands because lets not 4got this is Liberty state

The game is going to be in a state? The liscense plates did say "Liberty City State" (a mistake), but Rockstar have just said it will be one city, unless Staunton, Portland, and Shorside Vale are in the same city. But I doubt that because in GTA 3's Liberty, there was a Times Square looking place, Flat-Iron looking building, and a Central Park looking park, and GTA IV is having the same landmarks, so it would be weird (it would be like Chicago having two Sears Towers and two Millenium Parks).

gta-ology.com
  • gta-ology.com

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

Would be cool if they have those laser shows on the buildings or fireworks in the skyline. The new years day effect, I'd call it.

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

Being New York, there should be parts of town where at night, prostitutes are actually doing their customers on the sidewalk. I mean, like oral.

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Helsinki @ Jun 4 2007, 20:37)
There was a really, really good thread on this same subject a while ago. Here it is: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=276082 inlove.gif

yeah but mines 3 pages wow.gif

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:06 PM Edited by NYFan23, 13 June 2007 - 01:19 AM.

Yeah i bet 20% of my ideas will be put in the game

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:19 AM

anyway also......

1. Boats will be lit up at night...mosty rich romantic couples
2. The Skyline, even the regular city will be lit up and so will the statue of happiness and harbour
3. If you go into the house early, they'll be eating dinner or relaxing and if you go in too late they'll be sleeping
4. Banks are closed (Good for break in's)
5. Police have night dogs in the parks (if animals are in the game)
6. The moon is lit up at night but there's very few stars in the sky unless you go to the suburban part of Alderney (Alderney will probably have some skyscrapers on the southside near the statue of happiness because that's the case in real life)
7. Tourists go out late at night to take pictures of the city
8. Thousands of People are packed in Time Square especially in front of a Broadway Play entrance trying to call a taxi to get home
9. You see people walk into their homes
10. Robberies
11. Muggings (not just to you)
12. Bars are open and you can play pool, video games and drink (drinking affects the way you see and drive)
13. Some late night deli's and cleaners are still open...
14. Algonquin is the most densley populated, Alderney or Bohan is the least
15. If in the game........Baseball games are in progress at night...you see lights from the stadium and people exiting it to drive back home

Ran out of ideas again

libertycity_fiction
  • libertycity_fiction

Dear brother I do not spread rumours I create them

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:38 AM

Id like it as you said night clubs and alot of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users