Photo

After Dark

210 replies to this topic
NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

What will happen to Liberty City at Night?
1. More of a chance of being mugged
2. Less people and traffic at night but there will be traffic in areas such as expressways and time square
3. subways are less crowded and more dangerous
4. More crime
5. Skyline lights up and so do the bridges
6. Stores are closed but certain restaraunts are open
7. A.I. store robberies
8. More Drug Dealers
9. Different A.I. People (confirmed)
11. Night Clubs are filled with teenagers (if possibly in the game) between 18 - 21...
12. Central Park is more dangerous
13. Niko witnessing random murders
Algonquin will probably be the safest borough and will possibly have more A.I. pedestrians walking around than any other borough. These are just my ideas........what are yours?

Azil2fu
  • Azil2fu

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:06 PM

Pretty cool icon14.gif
I can't say anything cause i never been to NY (i live in Paris).

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

I wouldn't say that Algonquin will be the safest borough (that will probably be Alderney), but it should be the most densely populated, both during day and night. I mean, even at night there's still sh*tloads of people/traffic travelling around Manhattan. Same goes for the rest of the boroughs. There's always a lot of people walking/driving around, hence NY's nickname "The city that never sleeps".

And, I believe that when you turn 18 you're considered an adult, so you're idea wouldn't be including teenagers.

Pretty cool ideas though. Although I'm sure that the skyline/bridges will be lit up at night.

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

Resident of North AlgonquinWorld

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

Well said. Nothing to add.

But hold up! You said Algonquin will be the safest area. You better take that statement over to New Jersey. sneaky2.gif J/K I do however think that Alderney will be the safest area since it will embody the suburbs and Algonquin will always have Harlem and R* has stated what they're doing with parts of Uptown. Yeah.

I'm going be strapped anyway so I'll be taking my happy virtual a** into any and every hood and see what's up. devil.gif

And get Niko straight f**ked up in the process too bwoy. LOL.

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

well Alderney might not be a borough in the game so when i mean boroughs i mean broker, bohan, dukes and algonquin........but if it is than alderneys the safest..

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

Resident of North AlgonquinWorld

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

Gotcha.

And yes, Alderney will pretty much take the place of SI.

MicFeend
  • MicFeend

American Gangster®

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

rated good icon14.gif

anyway, I cant wait to play at night, I wanna see just how dangerous it really is. die.gif

Sabod
  • Sabod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:56 PM

I don't think Alderney would necessarily be the safest area in the game. What if they put a Jersey City area in the region? My brother had an apartment there for 6 months and two people were shot on his block in that amount of time. Some crackhead also walked into a chicken place around the corner from him and tried to rob it by claiming he had a bomb.

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Sabod @ Jun 2 2007, 22:56)
I don't think Alderney would necessarily be the safest area in the game. What if they put a Jersey City area in the region? My brother had an apartment there for 6 months and two people were shot on his block in that amount of time. Some crackhead also walked into a chicken place around the corner from him and tried to rob it by claiming he had a bomb.

Well anything can happen in New York City biggrin.gif
so anything can happen in Liberty City
oh and your right harlemite Alderney will probably take place of S.I. and maybe they'll add the verazano bridge as a bridge leading to southern alderney.

FatSkinnyGuy
  • FatSkinnyGuy

Muslim American Hero

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:04 AM

Topic rated awful...I mean good! icon14.gif

I'd love some screenshots of Liberty City at night. Alleys, inside night clubs, etc. At least 10.

I definitely agree, the AI should be just as interesting as your character.

And a more dangerous central park! AWESOME!

I seriously think there should be at least wolves in this game, or wild dogs, something scary!

It would be cool if they dove a little into the fictional side like True Crime, and added some monsters. Maybe a werewolf.

colgate.gif

deimossaturn
  • deimossaturn

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

I've walked around the borough of Brooklyn in the middle of night.

I can tell you from first hand experience, it is eerily quiet and still.

The only places open in brooklyn are a few bars (and they are hard to find), the bodegas, and the fruit markets. Other than that, no one is out. Not even the killers and rapists.

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:16 AM

That's what I really liked about III. It felt so much more dangerous during night, and just in general. The proceeding GTAs, I think, felt too safe. I mean, it's comforting to feel safe, but it also takes the fun away. I think III really fit the title, "Grand Theft Auto," better than the others.

gTA 4 Rok*
  • gTA 4 Rok*

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (FatSkinnyGuy @ Jun 3 2007, 00:04)

It would be cool if they dove a little into the fictional side like True Crime, and added some monsters. Maybe a werewolf.

colgate.gif

ANd how about flying cookies.

WHen true crime hand deamons n sh*t like that i turned my left testicle up at it...that stuffs boolocks.

Azil2fu
  • Azil2fu

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (FatSkinnyGuy @ Jun 3 2007, 00:04)

Oh no don't say that suicidal.gif ... the new bigfoot, Everyone know it whereas it never existed.. what a sh***y legend.

Donald J Trump
  • Donald J Trump

Make Yoga Great Again

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:05 AM

I like your ideas for nighttine Liberty. Broker and Bohan would be the most dangerous (you'd be held up and/or mugged, random peds getting shot and mugged, peds getting murdered in alleys, and less traffic), Alderney would be kind of dangerous (you and peds still get mugged but less often, people dressed casually, and a bit more traffic). The same goes for Algonquin (the subways would have gangs, muggers, and regular peds getting shot at, mugged, or thrown onto the tracks just as the train was pulling up to the platform; Only once-in-a-while muggings of you and peds in Times Square, Central Park would have muggers, strange people that mumble weird things similar to what the Smilies in "Manhunt" did, and again, normal peds getting harassed)

rampage_ani.gif Claude94 rampage_ani.gif

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:22 AM Edited by NYFan23, 03 June 2007 - 03:51 AM.

Thnx guys for your appreciation of my topic............keep the comments rolling rah.gif

leftylucky
  • leftylucky

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:30 AM

Id like to see schizofrenics in bad neighborhoods late at night that creep up on and actually startle you. I want to go down a dark alley with a persons sillhouette in the corner and be ready for anything. Actually get scared for my characters life. That would be alot scarier than a monster.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:49 AM

A.I. in the night should be way improved. NPC's should stalk you and use parnters to mug you. Imagine it, walking down the street and noticing someone behind you hunched in a hoodie so you can't see their face, you keep walking and turn the corner. Around the corner is his buddy, who precedes to hit you upside the head with a baseball bat knocking you to the ground, then they both precede to beat you up, take you're wallet with the money in it and all you're weapons, and then they run off leaving you for dead.

goraya
  • goraya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

at night roadgirls will possibly appear, yeah, ni.gga

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:58 AM

cool.gif Nice ideas

I've been wondering myself just how different is LC going to be compared day to night. Like most people, the thing that keeps me thinking is the AI. I'm hoping we'll be able to see muggers, robbers and murderers at night. And even better if we get the chance to fight them.

lastmanonearth
  • lastmanonearth

Je suis Drunken Cowboy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:03 AM Edited by bored_killed, 03 June 2007 - 08:05 AM.

I hope they stretch the night to be twice as long to be able to experience more. Some areas should definitely be potentially deadly at night.
I want to see gangs dragging some guy to an allyway and bash him and mug him.

truthspitta
  • truthspitta

OmNeo-Mystic

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:35 AM Edited by truthspitta, 03 June 2007 - 08:39 AM.

I also think that being a career criminal, Niko will prefer to commit crimes at night time.
Although he may come across competition. e.g. you go into a bodegas with the intent to rob it, and while you're scoping the place out a gang of hoods' come in and does it for you...

rebalrouser
  • rebalrouser

Rouser or Arouser????

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

what will happen after dark you ask?
well as the popluar song goes "the freaks come out at night, the freaks come out at night", i hope this answers your question wink.gif

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

I'm looking forward too what will happen at night in GTA IV. I am guessing that there will be more crooks around and that they will try and mug you from time too time. But in the end I am sure you will see a lot of freaks which randomly come up to you saying and doing weird things. I can't wait to walk around the streets of Broker at night with an AK popping anyone who dares too touch me.

j_f_mac
  • j_f_mac

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

Homelike ambience the darkness shall always give to me,
nothing more than myself alone would streets reveal
Much more detailed trash than in my heart, HDR rendering, city layout
Nothing more but that good old gta vibe
Remade and improved I'm expecting this time.

BRiXX
  • BRiXX

Three wise monkeys

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

i wanna see someone get mugged then look at me and say " why didn't you help me." i'll kill them after that and get a good 1.9 second laugh.

Saigon
  • Saigon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, I can't wait to see how the city changes at night, in this game.

Don't get caught without your thing-thing. die.gif

NYFan23
  • NYFan23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:02 PM Edited by NYFan23, 03 June 2007 - 05:04 PM.

I've got some new things to add.......
1. Gang members work together to gang up on other gang neighborhoods
2. Many neighborhoods are quieter unless your in some famous districts with bars, restaraunts and clubs in all the boroughs
3. Hobos go up to people are cars in the middle of the road asking for change...
4. NPC's on dates
5. If able to, broadway plays are accessible mostly at night (hehehe i would go in and kill all the actors)
6. People are walking, driving or taking the subway home from work late at night and you see their affect on liberty city at night.....most of them are scared especially when there taking the subway
7. Gangs riding the subway
8. Carney Island Amusement park is closed (you can possibly sneak in)
9. Time Square is probably the most traffic neighborhood of algonquin
10. Expressways are extremely crowded (I'm hoping rockstar has all the exressway systems and the cars go at normal speed....not speeding like maniacs in San Andreas.)

11.Most important!!!!! Night will be much longer than any other GTA Game....and will last 20 - 30 minutes....Plus sunrise and sunset are at normal times 6:00 A.M. and 8:15 P.M. instead of 4:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M.

That's all folks, post as many comments as you like rahkstar2.gif

gtaIV100
  • gtaIV100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

that is just too motherf*cking real confused.gif

nycfan5
  • nycfan5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Rick88 @ Jun 3 2007, 07:58)
cool.gif Nice ideas

I've been wondering myself just how different is LC going to be compared day to night. Like most people, the thing that keeps me thinking is the AI. I'm hoping we'll be able to see muggers, robbers and murderers at night. And even better if we get the chance to fight them.

bohan or broker are gonna be the most dangerous the bronx aka bohan i suppose they will try to make the big ghetto

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users