Quantcast

» «
Photo

When will you buy IV?

80 replies to this topic

Poll: When will you buy IV? (227 member(s) have cast votes)

When will you buy IV?

1. At midnight on release day or earlier if possible (57 votes [26.15%])

Percentage of vote: 26.15%

2. The day of release (via pre-order or from a store) (99 votes [45.41%])

Percentage of vote: 45.41%

3. Within a few weeks or so after release (29 votes [13.30%])

Percentage of vote: 13.30%

4. I'll receive it as a holiday gift (5 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

5. I'm holding out for the PC version (21 votes [9.63%])

Percentage of vote: 9.63%

6. I'm not 100% sure I'll buy the game (7 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Slim Trashman
  • Slim Trashman

GTAGaming Admin

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:16 AM

Midnight/earlier release. I remember San Andreas had a 7pm release the night before, which I would really prefer here. Don't drive yet, and would take some convincing to get a ride there with school the next morning, as that date grows nearer, I'll see what I can do about skipping that day, for 24 hours of game time smile.gif

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

Resident of North AlgonquinWorld

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (MysteryGamer @ Jun 1 2007, 23:48)
I don't know I have pre-orderd online many times and got my game on the day of release. Infact the last game I pre-ordered was Final Fantasy XII and it came at the begining of the week, 4 days earlier than the official release date.

The instore pre-order system isn't the same here in the UK, if you pre-order the game now in the shop they might put you on a list maybe but they won't hand you a reicpt to guarantee you will get a copy on the release date like in the U.S. At least not now because there is still 4 months until the release date.

It depends completely on where you pre-order online but I think it's perfect safe in having the game arrive on time. cool.gif

Yeah, I agree with you man. I was really just pointing out the risk since I heard from (a few) people that there's a chance it'll come a day or so after release. cry.gif I just think it's better to go the route I did, which is to physically reserve it at a store near you. But yeah, online is (possibly) the best route if you're prepared for the risk and also if you can find a credible site that is.

Preordering FTW!

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:38 AM

About a year after the release. I'm at the mercy of retailers. Plus, I may have to wait for the price on the consoles to deflate a bit. Depending on my savings.

I'm expecting everyone here to saturate YouTube with videos for my benefit.

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Jun 2 2007, 02:38)
I'm expecting everyone here to saturate YouTube with videos for my benefit.

FYI, seeing youtube GTA IV comparisons will make it look like you're watching GTA3 comparisons. Youtube's quality just sucks! i don't know what the hell people are smoking running that site.

If you're like me, go to one of the major game sites that actually put screenshot/video comparisons in HD quality. Hell, I think IGN actually put it where you could see the 360 screens and by moving you mouse over them, you would see the PS3 ones pop up. Now that's quality right there bwoy.

But yeah, I'm in the same boat, as you may have noticed, with my choice of console. More than likely I'll go 360, but I might not be able to get over the fact that MGS4 is not going to come to 360 for at least 6 months (if not ever).

We'll see come October.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

I've already pre-ordered the special edition for the Xbox 360 at Rockstar Warehouse, so I guess I'm getting it on the day the game comes out. Also, I'll be putting LOTS of videos of the game (missions, gameplay, etc.) on YouTube.

rampage_ani.gif Claude94 rampage_ani.gif

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Harlemite @ Jun 2 2007, 02:45)

FYI, seeing youtube GTA IV comparisons will make it look like you're watching GTA3 comparisons. Youtube's quality just sucks! i don't know what the hell people are smoking running that site.

I was going to respond and agree and clarify what I really meant. But honestly, I want the videos in crappy quality. I don't want the actual experience spoiled. But yeah, YouTube reminds me of the olden days of postage stamp sized online streaming video.

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Jun 2 2007, 02:51)
QUOTE (Harlemite @ Jun 2 2007, 02:45)

I was going to respond and agree and clarify what I really meant. But honestly, I want the videos in crappy quality. I don't want the actual experience spoiled. But yeah, YouTube reminds me of the olden days of postage stamp sized online streaming video.

Stop... stop.... lol.gif

Actually I don't truly know if you're joking there because "not having the game experience spoiled" is a common thing I've heard. But if you do mean it as a joke (which is what I'm thinking)... lol.gif But I guess I've ruined it by stating that. suicidal.gif

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:22 AM

I'll try and get it on the day of the release but if I can't I will just get it a few days later.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Jun 2 2007, 02:12)
poll added

Thanks. icon14.gif

Any UK people who are wanting to get it at midnight but are wondering which game shops will be open -

24 hour supermarkets FTW! (Tesco's, Asda)

chegis
  • chegis

Tyler Durden of GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

I wont buy it. I will Illegally download it using bitorrent and burn it to dual layer DVDR

MIKEY GTA
  • MIKEY GTA

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

Ill get mine the same day as American release:D. Because the guy who owns the store always gets them in a day or 2 early i mean i got my PS3 two days before the official UK launch so yea cant wait.

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (mattymcs @ Jun 2 2007, 13:00)
QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Jun 2 2007, 02:12)
poll added

Thanks. icon14.gif

Any UK people who are wanting to get it at midnight but are wondering which game shops will be open -

24 hour supermarkets FTW! (Tesco's, Asda)

ASDA is near me so that might be worth considering shame I can not actually drive though confused.gif

I will probably stick to the pre-order online.

Oh by the way sorry for being an idiot but what does FTW mean? rolleyes.gif

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

I would've voted two if I could;

I'm not 100% sure I'll buy the game
I'm holding out for the PC version

Because I'm waiting for an eventual PC version, and then I'm going to see if it's the same half-assed bug-filled piece of sh*t I've come to expect from Rockstar. If it is, it won't be worth the package it's sold in.

tatu2005
  • tatu2005

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

i'm just hopeing that my local game shop will open at midnight.

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

@ the people who want to buy several for selling a few years later.

GTA4 itself will have severely devaluated by that time. You will not make any profit. People will only want to pay for the duffel bag/cd/case and you won't be able to sell those things at outrageous prices like outsold Xbox units. There may be some fanatics on this board, but demand for a branded duffel bag and a soundtrack disk just won't turn into a rare collector's item you can sell for 200$. In fact, the price they ask now is already outrageous, and you want to sell it for even more when it is all worth even less?

You have to realise, GTA4 just won't be that popular anymore by that time. You are just out to wasting money.

OliG
  • OliG

Joke Cunkie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (gtaIV100 @ Jun 2 2007, 00:31)
you know, I cant fvcking get anyone to buy it for me! bbq.gif die.gif lol.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif anuj_cop.gif moto_whistle.gif nervous.gif music.gif devil.gif blush.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif tounge.gif wow.gif alien.gif biggrin.gif colgate.gif

bloody hell, cut down on the smilies

anyway, i will be getting it asap, hopefully as soon as my local game opens up...

OliG
  • OliG

Joke Cunkie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (MysteryGamer @ Jun 2 2007, 14:15)
Oh by the way sorry for being an idiot but what does FTW mean? rolleyes.gif

smile.gif it means for the win... GTA IV FTW!

Seriously
  • Seriously

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

I'd like to meet these five people who aren't sure if they'll buy it. I mean, even my dead grandma would buy it if she had a console.

gtaIV100
  • gtaIV100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (willgtavcs @ Jun 2 2007, 01:02)
QUOTE (gtaIV100 @ Jun 1 2007, 23:31)
roflmao biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   die.gif

WHAT DA PHACK DAT MEAN PLS TELL ME mercie_blink.gif

prick ........ 0_o monocle.gif

GTA3leading man
  • GTA3leading man

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

yeah ill be getting it on midnight on the 15th because me and my buddy are going to camp there all day long to get it

V1ce C1ty
  • V1ce C1ty

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:57 PM

im a nerd when it comes to gta games from vice city and san andreas i got them on the release date aswell as the 2 psp ones lcs and vcs. so prob midnight ill get it : blush.gif if not some time in the day its out.

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:06 PM

After a real mess up of my pre-order with Virgin Megastores mad.gif (now renamed Zavvi) I pre-ordered the Playstation 3 (Special Edition) on Amazon.co.uk for 60.00. If I find somewhere else is selling it for less I will cancel and order from there.

I have pre-ordered the strategy guide book of Grand Theft Auto IV as well on Amazon.co.uk for just over 10.00.

SBizz6
  • SBizz6

old school

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

Oh man, I'm going to get it as soon as i can possibly get my hands on it. I'll be at the store bright and early to pick up my copy and than play allll day and night. haha, damn I cant wait!

Mathew 47
  • Mathew 47

Dont make me kick your ass dude.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

Im gonna get it before some crazed politician try's to take it off the shelves.

MadKilla
  • MadKilla

Strikly' Buzinez'

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:18 PM

I'm holding out for the PC version

ieatyourface
  • ieatyourface

The plot thickens...

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (V1ce C1ty @ Dec 9 2007, 16:57)
im a nerd when it comes to gta games from vice city and san andreas i got them on the release date aswell as the 2 psp ones lcs and vcs. so prob midnight ill get it : blush.gif if not some time in the day its out.

V1ce C1ty, stop gravedigging old topics.

@topic: I've already preordered my copy, so I'm covered.

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

as soon as it'll be out on pc. moto_whistle.gif

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:24 PM Edited by josh995, 09 December 2007 - 09:41 PM.

I have a pre-order from Best Buy! smile.gif

@ the people buying more than one... you also have to consider that a new GTA comes out virtually every year, so by then, a new GTA will already be out (probably)

Matthias King
  • Matthias King

The Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Unfortunately, I pre-ordered it the day it was available for pre-order from EB games, along with the strategy guide, back when it was expected in October. And unfortunately again, that was long before I knew anything about the game itself. So by the time the game comes out, Rockstore will already have had my money for a year, for a game that I'm no longer really even looking that forward to. Needless to say, I'm not doing that again with the next one.

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:50 AM Edited by mufc, 10 December 2007 - 01:53 AM.

I Ali , got Grand Theft Auto 3 : San Andreas on the day ( October 25, 2004) it came out.

Hopefully it will be the same With Grand Theft Auto IV.

Thank you for reading my post ( i'm presuming you did(if you didn't , please do))

Have a cookie.gif .

GTA : San andreas was the single best PlayStation 2 title I have ever played. It's larger than the biggest RPG, has more story than the heftiest adventure game, and has alnost as many mini-games as Nintendo's Mario Party.

Thank you again.....x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users