Quantcast

» «
Photo

When will you buy IV?

80 replies to this topic

Poll: When will you buy IV? (227 member(s) have cast votes)

When will you buy IV?

1. At midnight on release day or earlier if possible (57 votes [26.15%])

Percentage of vote: 26.15%

2. The day of release (via pre-order or from a store) (99 votes [45.41%])

Percentage of vote: 45.41%

3. Within a few weeks or so after release (29 votes [13.30%])

Percentage of vote: 13.30%

4. I'll receive it as a holiday gift (5 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

5. I'm holding out for the PC version (21 votes [9.63%])

Percentage of vote: 9.63%

6. I'm not 100% sure I'll buy the game (7 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

Something I just said on another thread got me thinking...

I am personally planning on getting GTAIV as soon as I can, but I know from things others have said, such as waiting for PC version, that not everyone will. So I thought maybe a nice admin could do us a poll? As long as you think it's a question worth asking anyway...

- Before I even go to bed (i.e. go find somewhere that opens at midnight)

- The day of release (via delivery or going down to the shop and buying it)

- Within a few days or weeks of it coming out

- Christmas gift

- I'm waiting for the (almost inevitable) PC version

- I'm not even 100% sure I'm going to buy it

CrocodileDundee
  • CrocodileDundee

Liverpool FC

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Im pre-ordering so it comes on the day of the release.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

I pre-ordered.

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

I'm really not even sure yet. I might have to try my luck in stores on release since I doubt I'll be able to pre-order it.

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:42 PM Edited by MysteryGamer, 01 June 2007 - 10:44 PM.

I will be getting my copy on release date without a doubt, I have it pre-ordered the regular version on the Playstation 3 but will likely cancel to pre-ordered the Special Edition when the UK game retailers start to take proper orders for them. I am thinking about buying 2 Special Editons 1 for me obviously and the other for Ebay to sell at a later date (when it becomes rare).

I have never gone into town dead early just to buy a game before so I won't be doing it this time either. I prefer buying off the internet no need to leave the house to get it, no crowds or ques usually cheaper and comes on time through the letterbox.

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

I'll pre order the Special Edition when its more widely available on UK websites. I've pre-ordered in the past and they always arrive on time, Vice City even came a day early for me nervous.gif

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (MysteryGamer @ Jun 1 2007, 22:42)
I will be getting on release date without a doubt, I have it pre-ordered on the Playstation 3 but will likely cancel to pre-ordered the Special Edition. I am thinking about buying 2 Special Editons 1 for me obviously and the other for Ebay to sell at a later date (when it becomes rare).

I have never gone into town dead early just to by a game before so I won't be doing it this time either. I prefer buying off the internet no need to leave the house to get it, usually cheaper and comes on time through the letterbox.

The idea of buying two Special Editions has entered my head as well to be honest. The second one I would keep for a year or two probably.

GTA SA is the only game I have ever gone out to buy at midnight, wasn't exactly the biggest stretch for me to do it, just a 10 minute drive. There was a dozen people in line though! I went home, played it for an hour and went to bed. Then had the next day off work to play it. Is that a little sad? whatsthat.gif

gtaIV100
  • gtaIV100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:58 PM

you know I wish I could get the game but M rated games are off limits to me........ bbq.gif rahkstar2.gif rah.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (mattymcs @ Jun 1 2007, 22:47)
QUOTE (MysteryGamer @ Jun 1 2007, 22:42)
I will be getting on release date without a doubt, I have it pre-ordered on the Playstation 3 but will likely cancel to pre-ordered the Special Edition. I am thinking about buying 2 Special Editons 1 for me obviously and the other for Ebay to sell at a later date (when it becomes rare).

I have never gone into town dead early just to by a game before so I won't be doing it this time either. I prefer buying off the internet no need to leave the house to get it, usually cheaper and comes on time through the letterbox.

The idea of buying two Special Editions has entered my head as well to be honest. The second one I would keep for a year or two probably.

GTA SA is the only game I have ever gone out to buy at midnight, wasn't exactly the biggest stretch for me to do it, just a 10 minute drive. There was a dozen people in line though! I went home, played it for an hour and went to bed. Then had the next day off work to play it. Is that a little sad? whatsthat.gif

Yeah I have been thinking about it getting a couple of these Special Editions for future selling. However when you consider they may cost 50.00 each I might be lucky just to get an extra fiver for one. I thought about getting the Halo 3 Limited Editon as well again to sell on in a few years time. I don't know yet though

I do not think it is sad to skip work to play videogames hell I spend often nearly all day playing videogames myself biggrin.gif

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:07 PM

i will buy when it will be out for pc biggrin.gif

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

Resident of North AlgonquinWorld

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

I have both a PS3 GTA and a 360 GTA reserved at gamestop as I write this. Actually, I'm looking right at the tickets for them. Here's the scenario: On the day of release, I'll wake up real early (or not go to sleep at all) and I'll get online and open up about 5 tabs on my firefox browser. One set for this site, and another set for each of the major game sites who regularly do reviews and comparisons. After seeing the comparisons, I will decide which console to buy based on graphics and smoothness of gameplay on either system. I for damn sure am THAT big of a GTA fan to actually judge which console to buy based on those things.

Just had to quote myself from the other thread. But yeah, I'll be getting my copy on the day of it's release. It all depends on how fast the comparison shots/videos pop up on the internet. GTA's big enough for them to show up just a few hours after release so I should have the game in my hands in the wee to early hours of the day. biggrin.gif

rainmaker
  • rainmaker

Don't choke when you stoke!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (gtaIV100 @ Jun 1 2007, 22:58)
you know I wish I could get the game but M rated games are off limits to me........ bbq.gif rahkstar2.gif rah.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif

Haha, just get someone to buy it for you, mayne.

Xire
  • Xire

Its Alive!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

I'll probably get it a day early. Not at midnight but like 3:00 pm the day before it comes out. Happened with VC and SA.

And to the kid saying no m games. Why the hell are you on this site then? You can't play the games.

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

as soon as i get a PS3 which i will proberbly get for my birthday if i trade in my ps2 and a few games and then it will only cost 300 dollars wich wont be a prob considering lastchristmas dad spent 1 grand on me

But i want it
cos itl be mad and you can climb poles to get a better veiw of the city
and you can hope fully talk to people like in bully

but itl be better than bully and bully was better than vcs biggrin.gif

libertycity_fiction
  • libertycity_fiction

Dear brother I do not spread rumours I create them

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

If you pre order the game do you get it on the day of the release or some times times after.

A.M.G
  • A.M.G

Cvlive

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:25 PM

I'm 100% sure I won't get it on D-Day cuz of too many people wanting it. So I'll prolly get 2nd-3rd shipment.

kidnap
  • kidnap

Cash Maki

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

I'm working a midnight shift, so I have it next-day'ed so It arrives the day of it's release at my doorstep. Cost a pretty penny though..

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:28 PM

will by PC version, maybe in the first week since the release.

gtaIV100
  • gtaIV100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:31 PM

you know, I cant fvcking get anyone to buy it for me! bbq.gif die.gif lol.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif anuj_cop.gif moto_whistle.gif nervous.gif music.gif devil.gif blush.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif tounge.gif wow.gif alien.gif biggrin.gif colgate.gif

gtaIV100
  • gtaIV100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:31 PM

roflmao biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif die.gif

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

Resident of North AlgonquinWorld

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:33 PM Edited by Harlemite, 01 June 2007 - 11:40 PM.

@Libertycity_Fiction and A.M.G.

Online pre-ordering is a risk my friends. If you do that you must ask yourself this question -- "Do I have to have it on the day of release?"

The reason why you have to ask yourself that is because there is always a chance that you'll get it a day after (or in the case of a mailing hindrance) you might get it a few days after. cry.gif

That's why i got both versions reserved at a local store and I got a certified guarantee that I'll be able to pick either one up at midnight on D-Day (as A.M.G. put it).

So if you preorder, you might get it a day before like people have said, but there is always a risk that you might get it even a few days after release! that's too much of a risk for me personally. if I were you, I'd go to my local gamestore and reserve it physically, get the physical certification, and physically pick it up at midnight of the release. Yeah! lol

Edit: when I said pre-order, i meant online preorder. suicidal.gif I'll fix it.

Xire
  • Xire

Its Alive!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (gtaIV100 @ Jun 1 2007, 23:31)
roflmao biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif die.gif

Dont double post and please refrain from using 500 smilies.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:47 PM

I remember how everyone happened to get the "SPECIAL EDITION" of GTASA, which just had a fictional San Andreas tourist guide. So much for "special", oh the irony, in case you didn't get it, they just labeled EVERY GTASA on the shelf "special edition" to get buyers. Speaking of special editions, I'll probably buy it even if I don't have a console, and will warez it on PC, or, if there's gonna be a special PC edition, I'll get it.

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Harlemite @ Jun 1 2007, 23:33)
@Libertycity_Fiction and A.M.G.

Online pre-ordering is a risk my friends. If you do that you must ask yourself this question -- "Do I have to have it on the day of release?"

The reason why you have to ask yourself that is because there is always a chance that you'll get it a day after (or in the case of a mailing hindrance) you might get it a few days after. cry.gif

That's why i got both versions reserved at a local store and I got a certified guarantee that I'll be able to pick either one up at midnight on D-Day (as A.M.G. put it).

So if you preorder, you might get it a day before like people have said, but there is always a risk that you might get it even a few days after release! that's too much of a risk for me personally. if I were you, I'd go to my local gamestore and reserve it physically, get the physical certification, and physically pick it up at midnight of the release. Yeah! lol

Edit: when I said pre-order, i meant online preorder. suicidal.gif I'll fix it.

I don't know I have pre-orderd online many times and got my game on the day of release. Infact the last game I pre-ordered was Final Fantasy XII and it came at the begining of the week, 4 days earlier than the official release date.

The instore pre-order system isn't the same here in the UK, if you pre-order the game now in the shop they might put you on a list maybe but they won't hand you a reicpt to guarantee you will get a copy on the release date like in the U.S. At least not now because there is still 4 months until the release date.

It depends completely on where you pre-order online but I think it's perfect safe in having the game arrive on time. cool.gif

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

A poll would be nice admins. cookie.gif cookie.gif

If it wasn't for the fact that I have seen people say it elsewhere, it would have been surprising to me that so many people aren't buying it on the day of release. Nothing will stop me from buying it then lol... but I wont be pre-odering, I'll just go to the shop and get it. Dont know why people are so keen on pre-ordering, get there early enough and there will be loads of copies.

And I dont like taking the risk of ordering online either, you just never know if it will get there on the day or not.

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (gtaIV100 @ Jun 1 2007, 23:31)

WHAT DA PHACK DAT MEAN PLS TELL ME mercie_blink.gif

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:12 AM

poll added

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:13 AM

I want to get it on midnight release and pull a GTA IV all nighter. cool.gif

Kippers
  • Kippers

何歳ですか

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:15 AM

I'll probably preorder the special edition within the next 2 months so hopefully i'll get it on release day. icon14.gif

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:16 AM

When ever I can, prolly the first day its out biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users