Photo

Paramedic missions

49 replies to this topic
jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:50 AM

Do it after you access the 2nd set of Asuka missions but before doing the Yardies' phone missions and then the only people on that island that hate you at the time are busy with the Yakuza.

JacobXIV
  • JacobXIV

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:59 AM

thanks a lot, all i gotta do now is finish my 20 fires for staunton and ill get started with the missions. so finish the "A", and once im done with that im good to go?

JacobXIV
  • JacobXIV

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:30 AM

Yeah, so I finished the paramedic missions(In Staunton Island) yesterday before starting on Asuka's 2nd set of missions and I found it to be quite easy, I just went for the people farthest from the hospital and worked my way up back. I went over the grassy hill or the driveway depending on where I was coming from and found those two to work the best. Also, I went fast but I was VERY cautious around traffic and turning, It helped a lot if I used R1 + square to slow down coming towards traffic and before I took turns. If you go to the farthest peds and work your way back you should have no problem at all. I had about 8 minutes left over when I was on level 12. One last thing, If you have plenty of time left on your last run to the hospital, take your time if you want to because the left-over time doesn't carry onto the next level.

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

I still cant get it!
I havent even started Luigi's missions yet (On my 100% save)!
Its getting annoying as I really want to get on to rampages and then Portland missions.

On my other save, I am nearly done with Asuka's second set of missions. And I dont want that 100% completed anyway.

I once got up to the last patient on Level 12 but ran out of time!
*Me when that happened*

'**** you, you ****ing piece of ****! I'll kill the lot of you you ****ing ****s!'

Lol.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (JacobXIV @ Jul 11 2007, 05:30)
I had about 8 minutes left over when I was on level 12. One last thing, If you have plenty of time left on your last run to the hospital, take your time if you want to because the left-over time doesn't carry onto the next level.

In my experiance, nearly everyone would have about 8 minutes on level 12 when doing these on Staunton. As far as I can tell, in GTA3, every level resets the timer. (It's not cumulative.)

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

I will have ago in about half an hour.
I am praying I get it done. Literally.

So is it quite easy on Staunton, on Asuka's second set of missions?
I dont know if I should wait awhile for them or keep at it on Portland.

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:03 AM

I still cant get it. Well, I havent tried in ages.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

My advice is: Keep trying until you get it,MAKE SURE you do it in portland before pissing any gangs off

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Sep 4 2007, 07:18)
My advice is: Keep trying until you get it,MAKE SURE you do it in portland before pissing any gangs off

Ooh, that reminds me. I haven't done the Paramedic missions (Add on Vigilante and Taxi) yet and I completed the storyline. I have a problem.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (poikly @ Jun 11 2007, 11:49)
I still cant get it damnit!

Look after that ambulance a bit better. If there's black smoke coming out then you're damaging it too much. Always do a handbrake turn around corners. You can do them faster without danger of rolling over. It's better to wait a second or two for a gap in traffic than to just smash through everything. Especially when you've got some passengers already loaded. If you bash it around too much when there are passengers then they can die and you'll fail the mission

I always stop a short way from the wounded ped and then hold the handbrake on until they're in the ambulance. That way there's no danger of running them over. If you're moving at all, even very slowly, and they run into you then they'll often fall over and lay down for a few seconds - sometimes they'll even die.

Steve

LAUGH_INSURANCE
  • LAUGH_INSURANCE

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:56 AM Edited by LAUGH_INSURANCE, 21 November 2007 - 02:00 AM.

QUOTE (brucewayne909 @ Jun 14 2007, 17:21)
I think the number one reason that the paramedic missions in GTA 3 are hard is because you're not given a map to plan your course before every mission. Also the handling of the ambulance is hard to get used to.

That's what I don't like about GTA 3, it has no display map. It's bad enough we can't fly, we can't change the clothes (apart from when we change from the orange jumpsuit at the beginning), enter hardly any buildings, we only have three safe houses, Ammu-nation hardly has anything for sale, there's no motorbikes, we can't go far by boar because of those stupid pipes in the way, we have to do the taxi, ambulance and firefighter missions three times and the weather is always raining or foggy.

ADAMJR67
  • ADAMJR67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

You are not alone as I am also trying these missions in Portland, but cannot get past level 2. i have tried six times already. I hate these missions

LAUGH_INSURANCE
  • LAUGH_INSURANCE

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (ADAMJR67 @ Nov 21 2007, 16:38)
You are not alone as I am also trying these missions in Portland, but cannot get past level 2. i have tried six times already. I hate these missions

I got up to about level 13 in the ambulance mission but I had to get out quit because the bloody ambulance caught fire due to me getting hit by other driver and me hitting them and other things. I like using the alleyway from the Red Light District to Noodles but the cardboard boxes throw the ambulance against the wall at time. I wonder how a heavy vehicle can be thrown by cardboard boxes like how lamp posts can toss Rhino the tank sideways or cause it to stop when the tank should be able to smash anything in it's way and flatten it. We know how tanks can roll over a car in real life but lamp posts seem to have more of a fight. Other GTA games I've also had a motorbike throwing Rhino on it's back where it's upsidedown. It's like knocking Mike Tyson out with a feather and we know he's built like a tank. Daft as a brush what Rockstar added.

I got to level 30 with the firefighter mission but I messed things up, I pressed the wrong key. "Ouch!" I press Enter by accident and got out of the fire engine and cancelled it by accident. I never saw any rewards advertised before hand. When I did the taxi mission I did 100 fares and I never noticed any rewards or changes.

Are you playing GTA 3 as the PC version. If you are, go to: http://www.estetikso...nsole/index.htm and you can download some software to lock the countdown timer. OnePiece kindly helped me with that. The console software is great. If it wasn't for him/her I'd still be struggling with the taxi mission. I have to do the ambulance and firefighter missions agains because I screwed them up.

solo
  • solo

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:17 AM

On more than 1 occasion, I ran over the very last person I needed to pick up to complete level 12 icon13.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (solo @ Nov 22 2007, 10:17)
On more than 1 occasion, I ran over the very last person I needed to pick up to complete level 12 icon13.gif

I expect many of us done that, or a person on the last run at level 12. I certainly have. That's one time when you're definitely allowed to swear biggrin.gif

Steve

LAUGH_INSURANCE
  • LAUGH_INSURANCE

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

I've done that. Sometimes I've got busted at the end and lost all my weapons. I hate it when I spend ages stocking up on weapons with lots of ammo and lose it all.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (LAUGH_INSURANCE @ Nov 22 2007, 13:22)
I've done that. Sometimes I've got busted at the end and lost all my weapons. I hate it when I spend ages stocking up on weapons with lots of ammo and lose it all.

I always go back to my last saved mission if I'm busted or killed.

That is a swine if you're on one of the higher levels of the paramedic mission and a cop runs out in front of you so that you run him over and get 2 wanted stars.
Do you have time to go to the nearest police bribe or will you try to tough it out and put up with them chasing you? You daren't stop very long to pick up a patient if you have wanted stars because any nearby cop will be able to bust you.

Steve

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

For those who care, I finally finished them for the first time in my life earlier hahahaha

4 years well spent eh

q_b
  • q_b

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

It would probably take you 8 years to complete Gripped! then. lol.gif

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (poikly @ Friday, Oct 7 2011, 17:58)
For those who care, I finally finished them for the first time in my life earlier hahahaha

4 years well spent eh

It took me only less than 2 weeks to figure it out,
and 6 tries for Gripped, I am also glad the 4 year topic was bumped,
but it's just cool how you bumped this topic just to shout that you beated it,
Congratulations!
You could have take Portland for easier way tounge.gif , oh well...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users