Paramedic missions

49 replies to this topic
poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

Any help for the paramedic missions?
I know it is said all the time but I cant get through them.
I dont want any cheats or pc tips (Dem!) as I am on ps2.

Hope you can help as I have tried more than 20 times.
Thanks

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (poikly @ May 30 2007, 04:28)
I dont want any cheats or pc tips (Dem!) as I am on ps2.

You must not know me. If you ask around, you'll find that I spend more time pushing for platform-independent answers than anybody else. Besides, you posted this in the Gameplay forum. The gameplay for almost every mission in every GTA is platform independent. Oh, and you'd find out that I've written a walkthrough and you can already find what I'd say online tounge.gif

It's just a matter of planning. Always try to go to the hospital with a full Ambulance, but keep an open mind. For example, on level four, if you have two in one direction and two in another, grab two, drop them off, then hit the other two. From the hospital, you can essentially head north, south, or west. Keep this in mind as you pull in, so that you have an idea of which direction you're heading in. You almost always want to start each level by heading north. There's simply more patients there on average. But keep in mind that the north is split into east and west and starting with St. Mark's south edge, there's essentially a geographical divide between them. So if you see three in the northeast and two in the northwest, don't try to mix and match. If it's level five for example and you have two in one direction and three in another, head in the direction of the three first. Reason being is you'll get more time bonuses faster. Say it's level nine and six are in one direction and three are in another. Head towards the six first. That way when you return with the first batch, you're facing the direction that had three. Then when you're done with that batch, you're already facing the remaining three. Don't wait for patients to crawl in before you head off, but don't take off so soon that you leave them in the dust. GTA3 is the easiest of all GTA's to "lead the patient." Learn the main routes of the city and geographical shortcuts. Always have the siren on to encourage traffic to assist you. And so on.

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Dem!

Ive already checked the walkthrough (tfads.com) and didnt notice it was the same.

I'll have to have another go today.
I hope I do it as Ive already got the Health icon.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:06 AM

Well if you're going for 100%, there are three rewards you need to receive. The first two (the first one being the Health you mentioned) can be had very easily just by making multiple attempts. The third however can only be had by completing all 12 levels in one sitting, without ever leaving the vehicle. Good luck!

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

Aren't we all glad it didn't have to be done on all 3 islands! user posted image to anyone who has completed level 12 in Shoreside Vale, with Wichita Gardens obscurity, Cartel gangs and all!

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Heihachi_73 @ May 30 2007, 14:15)
Aren't we all glad it didn't have to be done on all 3 islands! user posted image to anyone who has completed level 12 in Shoreside Vale, with Wichita Gardens obscurity, Cartel gangs and all!

The best way to do the 12 levels is in the begining in Portland when nobody hates you! I learned that soon and now I sorry that I haven't done it before.

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ May 30 2007, 19:50)
QUOTE (Heihachi_73 @ May 30 2007, 14:15)

The best way to do the 12 levels is in the begining in Portland when nobody hates you! I learned that soon and now I sorry that I haven't done it before.

Thats what I'm doing.
I had a try last night but sadly lost.

At the very end of Level 7, I was letting the final patients out but I thought it registered that they were saved so I reversed to move out the hospital but killed the man who wasnt registered! ****!

I should have a try tonight if I want to go on GTA3 rather than Silent Hill.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

you canm actually stop gangs hating you. that what ive done in portland where i had to get 12th level and those black suits mafia shoots you in 2 shots.

i did 12 levels on the second island but in stats it only said level 7 achieved

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

@poikly: Aww, shame on you! Running over poor defenseless people asking you for help! tounge.gif I warned you to always face the direction you're heading in so you can drive forward. From the dropoff, heading north isn't the easiest, but very doable without damaging the Ambulance. Leaving south is cake as is west by way of the southern opening. Don't forget too that the overhang is supported by bars. It's easy to move in and out through them and I have before just to help me face/head a certain direction.

@... um... the guy with characters for a name: The only time I've seen GTAIII report a different level of accomplishment than the truth was when I used Admin Console to satisfy the mission. Busted! tounge2.gif Also, doing it in Portland before anybody hates you is far superior than Staunton. Staunton ALWAYS has the Cartel, some of which have Uzis. Not to mention that the island is longer and times are too. Portland can be done in about a half hour if you're quick.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

It isn't much better in Staunton later in the game either, the Yardies also have a go at you. It's still the easiest island if you've already wasted Salvatore though.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 31 2007, 17:37)
@poikly: Aww, shame on you! Running over poor defenseless people asking you for help! tounge.gif I warned you to always face the direction you're heading in so you can drive forward. From the dropoff, heading north isn't the easiest, but very doable without damaging the Ambulance. Leaving south is cake as is west by way of the southern opening. Don't forget too that the overhang is supported by bars. It's easy to move in and out through them and I have before just to help me face/head a certain direction.

@... um... the guy with characters for a name: The only time I've seen GTAIII report a different level of accomplishment than the truth was when I used Admin Console to satisfy the mission. Busted! tounge2.gif Also, doing it in Portland before anybody hates you is far superior than Staunton. Staunton ALWAYS has the Cartel, some of which have Uzis. Not to mention that the island is longer and times are too. Portland can be done in about a half hour if you're quick.

LOL you cant spell my name smile.gif

Just to clear it up - i had some experience with SA and VC and thought i only need to reach level 12 in GTA 3 too. So when i was on the second island i managed to get level 12. Then i read that i need to save 70 people to get 2 bonuses and THEN do the 12 levels... And it came out, that the only island left to do it is Portland, where everyone were hating me by then. So i had to edit ped stats to restore them all to an original condition!

BixDugan
  • BixDugan

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

I always remove the passenger and back doors with a hammer or cleaver to (hopefully) reduce the time it takes for the patients to get in / out. I don't have trouble keeping the ambulance in good shape, and damaging the vehicle intentionally may sound a bit insane. But I think it is a sound tactic.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:31 AM

I hate doing these in Portland. The roads are too hilly. It's like trying to do them in San Fierro.

I tried Shoreside, but I couldn't get to anyone on time without the tunnels, and that is suicide.

Staunton was the best bet for me. I waited until the Cartel were busy with the Yakusa, but did it before doing the phone missions for King Cortney. That way anyone who hates me is too busy to bother with me.

The main things to look out for on Staunton, the covered sidewalks and the elevated highway. It can take 30 seconds or more to lure a ped out from the covered sidewalk. The blips the say where the peds are don't indicate up and down, so it can be hit-or-miss if you go on the right highway.

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:02 PM

I Had a go today and got upto Level 11 and accidently ran over the patient in Atlantic Quays. I was so p***** off and was so far.
Oh well, I will try again tomorrow.

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

I'm having a try today. I just finished Level 9 and hope I get it done by today or this week!
Although my ambulance is already in black smoke.

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:45 AM

I was on Level 12 and got to the 2nd to last patient but accidently ran him over!
Well, the last patient looked impossible to get without flipping my ambulance over as he was in the basketball court in chinatown.
I will try again next time.

Lindbergh
  • Lindbergh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

Just keep at it, you'll get it.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

Oh, man! Those levels 11 and 12 failures are the worst! You're not alone. I wanted to sink Portland into the sea the time I was going to pick up apatient on my last truckload on level 12 and he ran to me before I was even near him and even though I was going very slow, the game still put him under my wheels. I was PISSED!

But it's good that you're keeping at it. Perhaps next time will be issue free smile.gif

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jun 5 2007, 17:49)
Oh, man! Those levels 11 and 12 failures are the worst! You're not alone. I wanted to sink Portland into the sea the time I was going to pick up apatient on my last truckload on level 12 and he ran to me before I was even near him and even though I was going very slow, the game still put him under my wheels. I was PISSED!

But it's good that you're keeping at it. Perhaps next time will be issue free smile.gif

i ran some patients over on level 9 and 10 in Vice and San... not the very pleasant moments. die.gif

poikly
  • poikly

Liverpool FC

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

I still cant get it damnit!

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

I think the number one reason that the paramedic missions in GTA 3 are hard is because you're not given a map to plan your course before every mission. Also the handling of the ambulance is hard to get used to.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

While a pausemap CAN assist in planning your route, it's not nearly as important as things like A) through 75% of the game, somebody's shooting at you and there is no way to go back once you're within that 75% and B) the GTAIII Ambulance flips much more easily than those in VC and SA. This is partcularly important when you combine it with point A since that would mean you're doing it in Portland where the ground isn't always even.

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:38 AM

Do the Paramedic missions have to be completed to level 12 on each island? Because if not then doing the missions on Staunton Island won't be a problem because the gunfire from enemy gangs is not as damaging than Portland and SSV.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:08 AM

The answer to all your GTA3 questions. (no, just one time)

LacusDaisuki
  • LacusDaisuki

I adore Lacus

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:33 AM

Yea,too hard.
I've done it in Vice City very easily.But in GTA3 it seems impossible.
And why the cowboys shoot me in the second island?I haven't do anything!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:20 AM

In the very beginning of the game, Catalina tries to kill you while working with the Columbians. If you don't get to STAUNTON until you're supposed to, then you also managed to sink their spank freighter in Portland bay. I think that's reason enough to execute you wink.gif

LacusDaisuki
  • LacusDaisuki

I adore Lacus

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jun 29 2007, 05:20)
In the very beginning of the game, Catalina tries to kill you while working with the Columbians. If you don't get to STAUNTON until you're supposed to, then you also managed to sink their spank freighter in Portland bay. I think that's reason enough to execute you wink.gif

Thanks,I didn't realize it was their freighter.So there won't be any peace time after provoking the Triads?
And is there an easy way to achieve level 12?I only tried several times in VC before success.But in GTA3 I have rescued more than 100 but the top record is only level 4.LOL

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

Nope, no peace. Later in the game, the Yakuza take over the construction yard and there's a lot closer to peace than you have now.

As for Paramedic strategies, um... read this topic? tounge.gif

molloni
  • molloni

Proprietor of Screw This!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

Stupid paramedic mission... angry.gif ...I waited until very late in the game to attempt getting to level 12. Portland is tough because of the Mafia guys shooting and because getting in and out of the hosiptal is tight. Staunton sucks because the hospital nearly as far north on the island as possible and the quickest way in and out is the stairs - year right...Shore Side is bad because the hospital still isn't centrally located and there aren't very may ways across the river. I think the best I had was up to level 11 in SSV when I had to pick up someone in like the park on the other side of the island. It's the only thing keeping me from 100% for GTA3...I feel your pain...

JacobXIV
  • JacobXIV

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

Ok, so im on the second island and i havnt done any missions yet...so...i dont want to do the ambulance missions in portland because the triads and horrible hills...so would it be better for me to do the ambulance now or someone earlier said the yardied and cartel go at eachother after a certain mission...or should i wait for SSV? whats my best option here? viddy_pirate.gif (jst had 2 do it)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users