Quantcast

» «
Photo

how do u think car trunks will affect gameplay?

55 replies to this topic
Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (DonJuan @ May 29 2007, 23:59)
You know what i think it's for apart from the obvious? Well you know in the other GTA's where you collect so much hidden packages you get weapons sent to your safe house and they float outside it. Well if rockstar dont want floating weapons then you may have the option of the weapons going to your trunk where you collect them from there. Imagine how cool and how rewarding it would be to just collect a load of packages and you get to go to ant trunk of a car your driving to pick your weapon you've earned

That's a seriously awesome idea.

truthspitta
  • truthspitta

OmNeo-Mystic

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:47 AM Edited by truthspitta, 30 May 2007 - 04:04 AM.

Awesome ideas guys. icon14.gif

One idea I had was perhaps a change of clothes could be stored in the boot to help Niko lose the heat. anuj_cop.gif
I really want Niko to be able to wear a balaclava too.
That would help avoid attention and stop people from remembering you and your actions.
After you commit a crime you leg it down an alley where your car is stashed, chuck your cash heavy duffel bag in the boot and remove your balaclava and then proceed to cruise off as if nothing has happened. moto_whistle.gif

onelilfizzle
  • onelilfizzle

Thats what she said

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:41 AM

kind of what people have said before, with a twist... Imagine this; you are crossing the street and you feel like steeling something, so you walk up to some random car, open the trunk at a stop light grab the contents (jacket, umbrella, suitcase, ect.) then you can sell this stuf via some black marcket type thing. It makes you work hard for your $$$ and gives you something to do other than missions and freerome make a little extra $$$. and, just another thought, what if you opened the trunk of a police car pulled out a shotgun and went Kamikaze an their @$$... just a thought. give your thought on this.

DonJuan
  • DonJuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ May 29 2007, 20:04)
QUOTE (DonJuan @ May 29 2007, 23:59)
You know what i think it's for apart from the obvious? Well you know in the other GTA's where you collect so much hidden packages you get weapons sent to your safe house and they float outside it. Well if rockstar dont want floating weapons then you may have the option of the weapons going to your trunk where you collect them from there. Imagine how cool and how rewarding it would be to just collect a load of packages and you get to go to ant trunk of a car your driving to pick your weapon you've earned

That's a seriously awesome idea.

thanks biggrin.gif

and i agree with truthspitta thats a real good idea too about the change of clothes

Topher Ridge
  • Topher Ridge

Hell's Angels LC bad ass!

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

Yeah, it would be preety cool to pull off some huge crime get to your car and changed your jacket and put on a hat and lose your stars, but it should be like a pan n spray, where you lose your stars as long as you don't do anything else illegal for awhile.

I Smell Like Swag
  • I Smell Like Swag

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

Weapons in the trunk would be so sweet, I just got a chill thinking about it

Say you have a pistol on your waist, or in a stashbox or a regular dashboard in the car, and in the trunk you got a loaded AK or something of the sort

A cop pulls you over for say, damaged vehicle, ran a red light, Niko's immigrant status, or harassing you just like the good ol' NYPD (no police info has been released yet, so I'm just brainstorming)

Even though it's still a GTA styled game, imagine the tension when the cop asks if he can look in the trunk (whether he has a warrant or not)

You could either

a) Put the pedal to the f!ckin metal, causing a chase and the cop to call for backup

b) Co-operate, caught, yelled at, gun drawn on you and a request to step out the car

c) Step outside the vehicle and put one in his head, or even throw him in the trunk while he's searching lol

That'd be awesome on so many levels

bored_killed
  • bored_killed

Eurobeat yeah

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:32 AM Edited by bored_killed, 30 May 2007 - 06:39 AM.

I want to stash money, guns, drugs and people in trunk of any vehicle.

It should be the only way to smuggle bazooke discretely.

Zacb08
  • Zacb08

Wii Play. 360

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:52 AM

Well when I hear about putting dead bodies in the trunk, the first game that comes to mind is Hitman: Blood Money. If they go ahead with dead bodies in trunks what about putting them in Dump trucks, or putting bikes in the bed of a truck? <--Just some thoughts on some mission ideas if it's possible.

Billy.The.Mountain
  • Billy.The.Mountain

Slimey

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ May 29 2007, 18:01)
How about using the trunk as a shop on the black market?

Park your car down an alleyway and soon some low life will come along...

"Hey man, you got a 9 milli?"

Become an entreprenuer on the black market...

I love this idea, along with keeping stuff in the trunk that you can't hold.
Ofcourse I think we should be allowed a stupid amount of weapons at once liek the other games, it's funner that way.
Opinions?

bored_killed
  • bored_killed

Eurobeat yeah

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Zacb08 @ May 30 2007, 06:52)
Well when I hear about putting dead bodies in the trunk, the first game that comes to mind is Hitman: Blood Money. If they go ahead with dead bodies in trunks what about putting them in Dump trucks, or putting bikes in the bed of a truck? <--Just some thoughts on some mission ideas if it's possible.

I really hate how they make some cool things only possible for certain missions and not in open gameplay. You should be able to stack everything in trucks at all times and same with trunks.

How about this wacky idea - you need to smuggle something so you hide it on a train, then you follow that train to it's destination!
Opinions?
No. That would be unrealistic for a modern game.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

I think the trunks of cars will play a very big impact in GTA IV. One of the main things it will be made for I think will be guns. I am guessing that you may not be able too carry rocket launchers in your pocket on GTA IV as for the realistic approach so it may have to be transfered using the trunk of a car. Also the idea of the body in the trunk could also be used.

petergta
  • petergta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

It would be cool if you had a body in your trunk and a cop asked you to pull over and when he looks in your trunk and sees' the dead body you push him in and dump them in a river.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:11 AM

I think you can carry few small guns, and meaby not even ak's, snipers and other 'big' guns. So it's more realistic to carry weapons on car...

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

I dunno. Perhaps what I'm willing to see is more realistic shooting behaviour and more consequences. Like a realistic gun battle, that if you get shot once by a pistol round, you lose like a third of your health. (heck who knows, maybe a health bar/numbers won't even be in IV).

I just wanna stick with the pistol, machine pistol, and small firearms. I do not expect in GTA4 that you can buy a bunch of rocket launchers, fire them pretty much infinitely and make it disappear in thin air. A rocket launcher ought to be fired just once or twice.

For that reason, rocket launchers should be kept in the trunk of your cab. You should be able to have infinite rockets in your trunk but not on you.

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (bored_killed @ May 30 2007, 07:08)
QUOTE (Zacb08 @ May 30 2007, 06:52)

I really hate how they make some cool things only possible for certain missions and not in open gameplay. You should be able to stack everything in trucks at all times and same with trunks.

How about this wacky idea - you need to smuggle something so you hide it on a train, then you follow that train to it's destination!
Opinions?
No. That would be unrealistic for a modern game.

I agree 110% it really ticked me off when I couldn’t carry cars around on the back of the "car transporter thing" or load things into trucks with the fork lift anything we do in missions should be possible All The Time like stealing the 18 wheeler in San Andreas or letting someone else drive while we shoot.

gtaobsession4
  • gtaobsession4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

All good ideas.

I'm thinking that this taxi depot of your brother's is going to play a big part - as a first hideout, garage, spawning taxis for whenever you need one, and as a more essential source of income than taxi missions in previous games.
Luggage idea would be pretty funny too - maybe there will be passengers that automatically put a bag or something in the boot when you pick them up.

I think Rockstar will use this boot option for alot of missions - drug dealing, delivery services, assassinations, weapon storage, car bombs etc.
Was pretty good in True Crime: New York - you can just open peoples boots randomly and see what's in there for you - maybe this could come up in GTA4.

Randomhero157
  • Randomhero157

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (ybakker @ May 29 2007, 14:43)
I was hoping that Niko Bellic could have his own car/taxi that he can keep. What I mean is that a car should be worth more. Rather than just a toy you can pick up from the street. You should actually be able to keep your car on the curb at one place, drive to do a mission, come back and the car is still there on the curb at the exact same place. I wanna be able to park cars.

About the trunk, you should be able to keep weapons and accessories etc. in your trunk. Maybe a spare tire, if your tire gets shot. (that'd be actually pretty cool. Once you're safe, you get out the car, open the trunk, pick up the tire, carry it to the flat tire, press L1 to switch tires. the screen goes black for a second, and it's fixed.) Maybe you can also keep binoculars, a camera, and other accessories in your trunk that you don't necessarily use.

(A very extreme possibility is that you can only conceal small firearms like pistols or machine pistols. Then you gotta go back to the trunk to get an assault rifle, or rocket launcher, whatever. But that may be a bit too far from the traditional GTA we're used to. I dunno)

No I am pretty sure if you have alot of weapons with you you have a bag to carry them in. I know I heard that somewhere

gold_leader
  • gold_leader

sasquatch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:33 AM Edited by gold_leader, 22 January 2008 - 01:39 AM.

this is wat i think ...

weapons like pistols, smgs, some melee weapons like knifes can be concealed and you can walk around thee street with them. but rocket launchers, chainsaws, assult rifles and snipers strapped strapped over the shoulder and if your seen with it the cops will come after you. but you can carry these weapons in acquired equipment such as duffel bags, golf bags, guitar cases etc to store these weapons discretley at the expense of speed and mobility.

so back to the topic, weapons and ammo can be stored in the trunk when you dont wont to trudge them arond the city. also stolen goods can be be sold off at either a pawn shop or via the black markt. aswell as stuffing dead bodies in there for disposal. also when modding your car you should be able add "extra storage" by removing the back seat or something.

tell me if you agrree biggrin.gif

Oldsmobile
  • Oldsmobile

Food?

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:58 AM

Car trunks would be a good place to check for Easter eggs. Imagine popping the trunk on a police car and finding a dead hooker inside!

Gibble
  • Gibble

A Rockstar North Production

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:58 AM

I just want to put explosives in the trunk, maybe a few small, elderly pedestrians, and see where I can go from there.

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

'Doc'

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ May 29 2007, 15:18)
QUOTE (ybakker @ May 29 2007, 15:43)
I was hoping that Niko Bellic could have his own car/taxi that he can keep. What I mean is that a car should be worth more. Rather than just a toy you can pick up from the street. You should actually be able to keep your car on the curb at one place, drive to do a mission, come back and the car is still there on the curb at the exact same place. I wanna be able to park cars.

About the trunk, you should be able to keep weapons and accessories etc. in your trunk. Maybe a spare tire, if your tire gets shot. (that'd be actually pretty cool. Once you're safe, you get out the car, open the trunk, pick up the tire, carry it to the flat tire, press L1 to switch tires. the screen goes black for a second, and it's fixed.) Maybe you can also keep binoculars, a camera, and other accessories in your trunk that you don't necessarily use.

(A very extreme possibility is that you can only conceal small firearms like pistols or machine pistols. Then you gotta go back to the trunk to get an assault rifle, or rocket launcher, whatever. But that may be a bit too far from the traditional GTA we're used to. I dunno)

This is the second post I've seen you make and I love you already!

I've often though about this. Cars should be worth more. Not something you just ditch and find a replacement. I hope to put money into a car and that will be my car. People will associate Niko Bellic as the guy that drives that car. The car I put all my hard earnings into. The car that says 'hey!' 'you scurlatch (scratch) my car, I kill you.

So is the trunk thing confirmed? dontgetit.gif Hell yes if it is! colgate.gif

icon14.gif It is, U will be able to open them icon14.gif

playerhater
  • playerhater

GTA rules

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hey folks, all great ideas, i personally cant wait to see how the trunk will be used during gameplay.

One thing i've noticed is that nobody has considered the use of vans, small trucks or even 18 wheelers for transporting larger items, cant remember the name of the movie with bruce willis where he had a huge remote controlled sniper rifle hidden in the back of a van, i think something similar in IV would be pretty cool.

Or imagine the possibillities for 18 wheelers, maybe transport cars in secret in the back of the trailer, or maybe a mission where you break into a truck while its stopped at red lights and you have to steal something inside, eg. . . weapons, drugs, a rare or expensive car, its gonna be fun finding out though.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

This should be a simply feature, nothing huge.

But I don't mind that they're putting it in.

LCM
  • LCM

o.0

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

I've always wanted to put bodies into boots (trunks) since the early days. smile.gif

LunaticBrandon
  • LunaticBrandon

Psychopath

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

how about if a two cops pull up to join in a fire fight against you one could run to the trunk and pull out the shotgun while the other one covers him. Or you could kill them and take the shotgun for yourself.

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Weapons in trunk will be gr8... mutch better way to find weapons in than previous editions... biggrin.gif hope you can smash them open.. i'd go in a parking lot and smash ppl's trunk open to look after guns devil.gif colgate.gif

wondering what the new stuff tomorrow wil be about inlove.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users