Photo

How Do I Get my xbox 360 controller to work

6 replies to this topic
BARRIOWEST
  • BARRIOWEST

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

Hello I Have GTA San Andreas Second Edition I Want To Know if you can get a xbox 360 controller to work on it I tried it but some controls dont work I even tried to edit them

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

You get it to work by setting it down and picking up your keyboard and mouse smile.gif Seriously, that is one of the many advantages of the PC version.

I'm guessing that if you're using a console controller on PC, then you've got one of those adapters. Did it come with software? Do you have software? I imagine software is needed for any controller, if only to translate the buttons you push into whatever you want it to signify to the game. Your config will be in there.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:01 AM Edited by jnzooger, 29 May 2007 - 02:13 AM.

Demarest: The (USB) 360 controller works nativly with XP and Vista.

Barriowest: Try installing Microsoft's driver software. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906347 I haven't used it yet, but there should be an option to set certain buttons to keyboard keys. That should allow you to map everything. I would end up laying it out like the PS2, but you may want to go for the Xbox layout. I'd be willing to bet the default layout would be way to difficult to get used to if you have played the console versions. Everything will be backwards from normal.

Edit: I just checked and unfortunately, the default software doesn't have any key assign settings. The software may still help though. However, I did find this on another forum...
QUOTE (Blaze_510 @ May 26, 2007 2:19 pm)
get the San Andreas advanced control 1.2 and it work. and on axis test but the
D at 1/3 to the left and S 1/3 to the right for the X, Y, RX, RY(the left and right joy sticks) and Z axis(trigger buttons) both in the middle. So CJ will not move by itself. and mess up in other things like trying to pick a food to eat.

http://www.thegtapla...ion=file&id=574

Description: This tool allows you to use multiple controllers, assign keyboard buttons that you couldn't assign before, use analog Accelerate/Brake, reassign Axis, Dead-zone and Saturation adjustments and Force Feedback.

P.S. i don't think the force work for it.

GentlemanSquid
  • GentlemanSquid

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

this helped me, follow the instructions

http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/

OpticAssassin
  • OpticAssassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

I have SAAC v1.2 and every time I open San Andreas with it open it says error and quits out of the game..what do i do

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (OpticAssassin @ Jan 9 2008, 00:13)
I have SAAC v1.2 and every time I open San Andreas with it open it says error and quits out of the game..what do i do

It would be a lot better if you start a new topic explaining your problem in detail instead of bumping old topics.

DarkvCyclone
  • DarkvCyclone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

Yer dont topic hyjack and for ur answer... visit xbox.com and u will need a windows gaming reciever smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users