Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which controller do you think will work better?

287 replies to this topic

Poll: Which controller do you think will work better? (627 member(s) have cast votes)

Which controller do you think will work better?

1. Xbox 360 (263 votes [45.58%])

Percentage of vote: 45.58%

2. PlayStation 3 (314 votes [54.42%])

Percentage of vote: 54.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote
RoundTrip
  • RoundTrip

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:20 AM

I have had the exact same thought. That if the only difference between Xbox 360 and PS3 would be the prize of console. (because I mainly only ever play GTA games, and watch dvd movies..) Then I'd go with 360. BUT. Then I thought that I never did like the Xbox controls.. Have not tried 360 yet though. I just felt it was too big and difficult to manage.

deep:cover
  • deep:cover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:27 AM

Well the Xbox controller was slightly different in layout to the PS2 one, so controller configurations had to be made.

This time round though, PS3 and 360 both have the same layout, only different shape buttons. This time round, I don't see any reason why the controls won't be exactly the same as the standard GTA games on PS consoles.

And with people saying you can't go at a steady speed with the 360's face buttons, then yes that's true, but neither could the PSP's buttons. Now look at the controls for VCS and LCS. To move, it's still X, even though you can't move at a steady speed.
It's a small price to pay for something as important as decent and easy-to-use controls.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:39 AM Edited by nlitement, 26 May 2007 - 11:43 AM.

http://ask.slashdot....7/05/24/0116234

Go read the comments. Oh, and the general readership of Slashdot are a bunch of whiny anti-"M$" idiots like most of you are.

Sorry, but Sony just cut a semi-decent deal with GTA some time ago, and only that brought you silly PS2 players (PSX owns, because it used to be one of a kind when it came, but PS2 sucked since PCs overwhelm consoles, and neither will PS3 really make any sense to buy given its goddamn juggernaut price tag).

So, just stop. Lots of people use the Xbox 360 controller on their PCs.

Thank me for my awesome link.

By the way, I'm totally with the objective discussion going on here, but some of the silly posts on the first page.. I had no choice but to rush in a reply.

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

Resident of North AlgonquinWorld

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:48 AM Edited by Harlemite, 26 May 2007 - 11:52 AM.

QUOTE (nlitement @ May 26 2007, 11:39)

Go read the comments. Oh, and the general readership of Slashdot are a bunch of whiny anti-"M$" idiots like most of you are.

Sorry, but Sony just cut a semi-decent deal with GTA some time ago, and only that brought you silly PS2 players (PSX owns, because it used to be one of a kind when it came, but PS2 sucked since PCs overwhelm consoles, and neither will PS3 really make any sense to buy given its goddamn juggernaut price tag).

What does that article and your fanboyism (I'm not sure if you're a 360 fanboy, PC fanboy, or both) have to do with people choosing a console. Either way your comments are quite erroneous and irrelevant to millions of peoples' (including a large portion of 360 owners') preference towards playing GTA with a PS controller.

As you can see above, I was inquiring earlier about that adapter, so I could buy myself a 360 and enjoy IV with a PS2 controller. But no dice. I'm going with PS3 this fall because I simply have to have MGS4 and that adapter isn't up to snuff also.

pylb_etajv
  • pylb_etajv

You can call me PY.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

In reply to the thread :
Keyboard + mouse + gamepad.

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:04 PM Edited by Harlemite, 26 May 2007 - 12:19 PM.

i just don't know about y'all harping about 360 controllers in PC's and playing with keyboards+mouses. That's all fine and dandy, but I want to know something. Can I get IV on PC the day it's released? Or will it be like 6 months to a year after that? Because that's what we're here for; IV.

To tell you the truth, if MGS4, GT-5, GTA IV and about three or four other games that I'm planning on getting for PS3 were to be released on PC on day one, I would go that route since I have a 8800GTX and an E6600 Dual Core.

But those games aren't coming to PC, at least some of them not for a LONG while anyway. So, it's PS3 and an authentic GTA experience with the PS3 controller for me come fall. And someone might spitefully say "what about rumble, what r ya gonna du without that?" Well, when you got good evidence that PS3 will get rumble back and you got a kick*ss surround sound system for back-up, the rumble issue just seems to melt away.

I should also point out for those that don't know yet that just yesterday it was confirmed by R* that IV is not being ported to PS3. IV is being independently developed for both systems. Also, R* has confirmed that it will be the same on each console. Look HERE.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

I personally like the 360 control more. I really like the triggers... and I suppose thats about it. Because, as people have said in this topic, they are the same.

ccompiler
  • ccompiler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

I'd say the X360 mainly because of the rumble feature. Rockstar said they wont ad six axis unless it works with the game.

Molotiv
  • Molotiv

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:25 PM Edited by Molotiv, 26 May 2007 - 12:28 PM.

QUOTE (Harlemite @ May 26 2007, 11:48)
QUOTE (nlitement @ May 26 2007, 11:39)

What does that article and your fanboyism (I'm not sure if you're a 360 fanboy, PC fanboy, or both) have to do with people choosing a console. Either way your comments are quite erroneous and irrelevant to millions of peoples' (including a large portion of 360 owners') preference towards playing GTA with a PS controller.

As you can see above, I was inquiring earlier about that adapter, so I could buy myself a 360 and enjoy IV with a PS2 controller. But no dice. I'm going with PS3 this fall because I simply have to have MGS4 and that adapter isn't up to snuff also.

He's probably jerking off to his copy of windows 3.11 by now, so a good conversation isnt gonna happen today. God, PC-fanboys are sometimes the worst. They really think they have the superior console/machine. Why? Cous you have to buy parts every damn 6 months, just to stay updated with the latest "kickass-again-the-same-gameplay-first-person-shooter-2nd-world-war-strategy"???

Don't get me started on the OS's on the pc. f*cking goddamn VISTA...what a piece of crap. The damn thing just won't run propperly on any damn machine. (why the f*ck should I wait 30 sec after I started the comp and everything its running...The whole damn thing just freezes up...and nobody can give me a decent explanation) And the history of our faithfull OS windows isnt that great either.

win3.11 - good job, keep it up
win 95 - better interface----buggy OS--->but nice try
win 98 - now this is some great sjit---> keep it up!!
win millenium - WHAT THE f*ck HAPPENED HERE!!! THIS SJIT IS f*ckED UP!!
win 2000 - hmmmm a bit beter, but I won't forgive you for the above that easy
win xp - @ the start---> a piece of crap /// @ the end : made up for millenium--> good job
win vista - goddammit.....they f*cked up again....

Why... I personaly never liked gta on the pc...It just never felt right. And jey for crappy-ass mods. I must have downloaded 1 million, and they all sucked ass(exept MTA, that was quite fun. But since they are to damn lazy to bring out the deathmatch version already...as if im gonna play that game when IV arrives)

Pc is only good for one thing ; HL2

but nooooo.....everybody keeps playing crappy ass 2nd world war games...f*ck THAT SJIT.

I tell you what, f*ck THE 2ND WORLD WAR. NOBODY CARES, SO QUIT MAKING THOSE STUPID GAMES.

I DO NOT WANT TO RUN AROUND WITH A MEDIEVIL GUN, BLASTING GERMANS...ITS DUMB!!

How can you be more lame..

Bassicly i think the controls suck for the Pc anyway. Gta is meant to be played with allot of friends sitting in the livingroom. and laughing your ass off with a beer in yer hand.

(this is offcourse my opinion.., none are facts...well some of them are)

biggrin.gif sorry about that....this post got a bit long

summ :

I don't want to sit behind my pc and play gta...Its no fun...

biggrin.gif

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:27 PM Edited by Harlemite, 26 May 2007 - 12:36 PM.

@Knife.

Oh no doubt. Did I say the 360 controller was sh*t? "Other" people chose to down PS3, but I held my tongue. But let me tell you. I've played GOW on 360 all the way through the storyline and that game was AWESOME! But you know what? I still didn't like the controller that well. It was okay, but I just didn't like it.

But in summation, I find all too often that 360 people will say that the thumbsticks on their's are better (and that's true). And PS people (and even many 360 owners) will say the d-pad is better on PS's. But what makes it even more interesting, since we're indeed talking about GTA IV here, is that nearly every 360 owner I come across says that PS controllers are better suited for GTA.

And that's me. I'm "Mr.-kind-of-want-a-360", but i know that ps2 adapter for it is sh*T and I also have some game preferences (besides my PS controller preference) on PS3 that I can't live without/wait longer for them to show up on 360. So, again, PS3 for me, and PS controllers for many 360 owners.

Edit: But really it comes down to preference with regards to the "best" controller for IV. Because R* will make both versions awesome for whichever controller you like.

@Molotiv.

I find that funny, but I ain't gonna get involved in that since I'm trying to be objective here. biggrin.gif

Molotiv
  • Molotiv

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Harlemite @ May 26 2007, 12:27)
@Knife.

Oh no doubt. Did I say the 360 controller was sh*t? "Other" people chose to down PS3, but I held my tongue. But let me tell you. I've played GOW on 360 all the way through the storyline and that game was AWESOME! But you know what? I still didn't like the controller that well. It was okay, but I just didn't like it.

But in summation, I find all too often that 360 people will say that the thumbsticks on their's are better (and that's true). And PS people (and even many 360 owners) will say the d-pad is better on PS's. But what makes it even more interesting, since we're indeed talking about GTA IV here, is that nearly every 360 owner I come across says that PS controllers are better suited for GTA.

And that's me. I'm "Mr.-kind-of-want-a-360", but i know that ps2 adapter for it is sh*T and I also have some game preferences (besides my PS controller preference) on PS3 that I can't live without/wait longer for them to show up on 360. So, again, PS3 for me, and PS controllers for many 360 owners.

Edit: But really it comes down to preference with regards to the "best" controller for IV. Because R* will make both versions awesome for whichever controller you like.

@Molotiv.

I find that funny, but I ain't gonna get involved in that since I'm trying to be objective here. biggrin.gif

its probably the wrong topic for it....sorry about that suicidal.gif (sometimes my objectivity is lost...)

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Molotiv @ May 26 2007, 12:38)
its probably the wrong topic for it....sorry about that suicidal.gif (sometimes my objectivity is lost...)

Everyone in the world deals with that same problem man.

Molotiv
  • Molotiv

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Harlemite @ May 26 2007, 12:40)
QUOTE (Molotiv @ May 26 2007, 12:38)
its probably the wrong topic for it....sorry about that suicidal.gif   (sometimes my objectivity is lost...)

Everyone in the world deals with that same problem man.

Offtopic :

I find it hard when yer blasted from each side by fanboys to stay objectively. My rage takes over sometimes.

Ontopic :

I alway like the ps2 controller. Next to the snes controller(brilliant piece of art) its my fav. Hopefully they will get the rumble back in, it sure sounds like it.

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:01 PM

@Molotiv

I see what your saying. No biggie (as long as you let yourself be taught by it, instead of getting angry that is biggrin.gif ).

Oh, and yes, the SNES was a work of art wasn't it? But back on topic. Since Sony worked out their problems with that company which can make the rumble happen for them, I think it's safe to say that PS3 will get rumble back some time. Either way though, i'm still headed in the PS3 direction.

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:44 AM

So with the Xbox, what was the Button Config for SA?

Flebber
  • Flebber

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:21 AM

I voted for the PS3 controller, because i am used to them for years now and i cannot get used to xbox controllers. I'm also quite sure on the PS3 rumble and sixaxis will be used. With an xbox controller you can only dream about that. rolleyes.gif

Molotiv
  • Molotiv

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

So I played witch the 360 controller yesterday.....

The thing looks too big, and too fat. Elegance is something microsoft has yet to discover. Also replacing the pad with the stick...I can understand it...but it doesnt make the look of the thing any better.

Anyway, things take time to get used to, so I started playing. Once yer gaming, its not that bad. The stick is smooth(though I am used too having two in the bottom part of the pad...so I grabbed the wrong controller a few times...). After a few hours gaming it felt natural.

The look of the thing is horrible...but it plays fine. Its like holding a big toad in yer hands..haha(just a joke) The buttons are a bit hard and round..It felt like I had to push them real hard to work..But after a few hours gaming you get the hang of it.

Now compared to the ps2/3 controller....you really can't compare the two actually. I think its a personal issue, one prefers the 360 the other ps2/3..But both are fine instruments to play games. ps2/3 might be a bit more ergonomical and better for the RSI thumbs, cous compared to the 360 controller its almost half-sized.(I said almost, I didnt measure it) Might be good test, too see wich one is healthier for you fingers.

smile.gif

BrummieSteven
  • BrummieSteven

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

The 360 one for me.

1 Because I like the triggers, it's an easy way of controlling.

And 2 because hardly anyone uses the 'd-pad' anymore yet on the Playstation controller the Analogue stick is still down at the bottom out of reach.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:53 AM

Speaking of PS controllers, I have a PC adapter and trying to use my PS2 controller for my PC version of San An, for some damn reason I can't program the D pad or up down left and right of the analog, though you can assign the pushing down of both.
Off topic I know, but anyone try this same thing and have success?
BILL

jake whitehead
  • jake whitehead

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

hey i have a ps3 and my brother has an xbox 360, both him and me agree that the ps3 is better.

id go with that

poiman
  • poiman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

SIXAXIS

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

6-Axis may or may not make it in, they report, but some effect of rumble already mentioned...Strange

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

i think ps3 's controller will work better

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Of course ps3. Playstation controller is small and smexy!

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:31 AM

Now PS3 is winning!

Baher131
  • Baher131

Overhead Assasin

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:18 PM

I'm definately with sixaxis a) because I have a PS3 and b) because I have a strange feeling that R* are gonna use the triggers for the gas and reverse, because of the sensitivty. Plus, didn't a preview somwhere say that "driving will be more fluid" or something like that, so maybe that's what they meant.

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Baher131 @ May 28 2007, 12:18)
I'm definately with sixaxis a) because I have a PS3 and b) because I have a strange feeling that R* are gonna use the triggers for the gas and reverse, because of the sensitivty. Plus, didn't a preview somwhere say that "driving will be more fluid" or something like that, so maybe that's what they meant.

Was the PS2 Controller 'sixaxis'?

MMFF
  • MMFF

Double M Double F

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:48 AM

Depends on if they use the Sixaxis feature in GTA4. If so, then PS3 controller hands down. If they don't use the Sixaxis feature, the there is no comparison, because all MS did was copy the PS design and switch the D-Pad with the left stick.

I voted PS3 because I believe Rockstar will use the tilt control feature. Also, the 360 controller's shoulder buttons cripple my hands.

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:51 AM

The xbox controller is good, comfortable, deavy duty, nice button layout. Buut:

<3 playstation controller

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:17 AM

What do they mean by Sixaxis? Did PS2 have?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users