Photo

Cannot complete 'rub out' mission

18 replies to this topic
roberrr
  • roberrr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

I'm trying to complete the 'rub out' mission, but when I get to either the pool or maze doors to the mansion they're blocked off with a yellow wall, whilst I'm playing the mission! Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm playing the ps2 version so can't download any savegame files or anything. Thankyou

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

This shouldn't occur. Did you complete the Colonel Cortez missions? Try to finish off any leftover missions that you have on the minimap, and then come back to the "Rub Out" mission later.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

@rober: Please note the pinned troubleshooting thread. You've given us no information to go by. Of particular importance is whether the game is modded or not.

@ROF: You don't need to complete All Hands on Deck. Not only that, but you can't diagnose problems even when they do give info. So when they don't, you should be encouraging them to share the info we REQUIRE so as to be able to make a difference.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:37 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 24 May 2007 - 05:02 PM.

I could safely assume that it wouldn't be system specs that affects gaming behaviour itself. As for the mod and the save file corruption idea, I can see where you are coming from. Still, I find this doubtful and I am totally lost.

QUOTE (Demarest)
Please note the pinned troubleshooting thread. You've given us no information to go by. Of particular importance is whether the game is modded or not.

But we are troubleshooting a PS2-gaming console, aren't we? Damn, almost got utterly confused. See what I mean? Very doubtful to say it is because of mods still . However, save file or a mission script error as I said before are factors to be aware of. This is why: "This shouldn't occur." Well, you no what they say in a case like this -> start over Vice City!

And Demarest, people who play the same game can post all kind of unexpected problems for us helpers here at GTAForums' to troubleshoot nothing whatsoever. You ain't sure if they are really lying or not. But I won't assume. lol.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Ring_of_Fire @ May 24 2007, 11:37)
I could safely assume that it wouldn't be system specs that affects gaming behaviour itself.
First of all, the required info isn't JUST system specs. It's people like you that perpetuate this myth. Sometimes we need to know that it worked before and doesn't now. Sometimes we need to know it was modded. The point is that if they give us ALL info, WE can decide what's going on since they cannot. Besides, I already pointed out that you can't accurately troubleshoot even when you have the info, so your assumption really means nothing.

As for the mod and the save file corruption idea, I can see where you are coming from.
I never said save file corruption. In fact, you're the only person I know of that doesn't get that save file corruption means the game will not load, not that it will load but freakish things happen. I would never spout such nonsense.

Still, I find this doubtful and I am totally lost.
It doesn't matter if you doubt it or not. Those doors open for that mission, yes? Under what circumstances does ANYTHING touch those doors? The only one I can think of is Timetwister, a mod. And since the game is behaving in a way it's not supposed to... But what you don't seem to get is that this isn't something for us to chew over. We were given no info, so the correct answer is to get some info. If you have a problem with me considering mods, rather than directing your doubts to me, direct them at the person who provided so little info that that was the best idea any rational person could arrive at.

But we are troubleshooting a PS2-gaming console, aren't we?
Even re-reading the thread, I see NOTHING to suggest this. Thank you for making my point.

However, save file or a mission script error as I said before are factors to be aware of.
Save file error would stop it from loading. Since that's not the symptom, that's not the prognosis. Mission script doesn't make errors. It does what you tell it to unless it conflicts with how the engine operates. It works for EVERYBODY, so we know the SCM is accurate... Unless it was modded. How ironic that you voice your doubts to mods so readily, yet provide for the possibility of it being a mod rolleyes.gif

This is why: "This shouldn't occur." Well, you no what they say in a case like this -> start over Vice City!
No, that's what YOU say. The rest of us understand that this is a game on a computer and therefore the sum of its parts. Meaning that there is a cause to this and therefore a solution. Even in the event that we cannot arrive at a conclusion, if he's on PC, I can easily take his save and his SCM and fix it so that what he's looking to accomplish is done properly. I've done it many times, even for custom orders such as this.

And Demarest, people who play the same game can post all kind of unexpected problems for us helpers here at GTAForums' to troubleshoot nothing whatsoever. You ain't sure if they are really lying or not. But I won't assume.  lol.gif
Those of us who approach it from a troubleshooting standpoint enjoy the challenge. In such a situation, it's me vs that person's machine and I'm the superior being. Call it an ego thing; It's the only luxury smart people have. Besides, if you had bothered to partake of the exercise I offered you via PM, we would have addressed the potential of a liar like you seem to wish. But you ignored it, not unlike you've ignore my every effort to help you be good since you clearly have a passion and have already made excellent contributions in various ways other than troubleshooting, regardless of how nurturing it was in the beginning. I'm seriously surprised you have not been formally asked to leave the troubleshooting to those who won't send the user on a wild goose chase.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

Alright too much of a posting conflict here, you want me to make my last advice simpler?

QUOTE (ROF)
This shouldn't occur. Did you complete the Colonel Cortez missions? Try to finish off any leftover missions that you have on the minimap, and then come back to the "Rub Out" mission later.

...to...

This shouldn't occur. You may need to start over a new game though.
What now Demarest (what do you have to criticize/debate/protest at)? muppetmaster_karma.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

Are you even aware of what the Troubleshooting forum is for? It's certainly not for developing grudges and there's certainly not one on this end.

If you are asking what is wrong with those quotes, I guess you'd have to read above when they were responded to. Coming back to the mission is not addressing the symptom. Starting over is not addressing the symptom. We have a symptom here and not an entirely clear one at that. What can cause it? Modding, as far as I know. More to the point, we need more info. So the back and forth and speculation is all but futile. At least what I came up with is both possible and keeps the symptom in mind.

Look at how many people have read this thread as compared to how many have posted. Seems like a bunch of people unaware of the answer and NOT chiming in to let us know they have no idea wink.gif

Pat.
  • Pat.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 24 2007, 18:15)
But we are troubleshooting a PS2-gaming console, aren't we?
Even re-reading the thread, I see NOTHING to suggest this. Thank you for making my point.

QUOTE (roberrr @ May 24 2007, 12:21)
I'm trying to complete the 'rub out' mission, but when I get to either the pool or maze doors to the mansion they're blocked off with a yellow wall, whilst I'm playing the mission! Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm playing the ps2 version so can't download any savegame files or anything. Thankyou

Not to be rude or anything, but.. Yeah..

@Roberrr: Have you used any cheats? Are there any other missions you haven't completed?

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:36 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 24 May 2007 - 08:55 PM.

Demarest, I like how you post and I like how you know what can cause problems upon problems. But please, no one can be sure without the thread starter's help for breadfish_by_Moto.gif sakes! I guess maybe I shouldn't have post at all here in the first place, but to say a simple "This shouldn't occur". The main thing is that we don't have no idea to fix the problem outlined in this thread until the thread starter "fixes" it him/herself, and tell us the result of how it happened or how it was fixed. bored.gif

No more of Time Vault to pass the mission. I once heard it was possible to attach a memory card to an external USB deivce, and then upload saved data from GameFaqs to it... nice. But I would have just started over Vice City in a fresh manner.

QUOTE (roberrr)
I'm trying to complete the 'rub out' mission, but when I get to either the pool or maze doors to the mansion they're blocked off with a yellow wall, whilst I'm playing the mission!

Better yet, I need a screenshot. Also, what version of Vice City are you using and what memory card do you have?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

I have read of this (PS2) glitch before, let me see if I can find if there were ever a solution.

In the mean time, I would try the only thing you really can do on the PS2 to sort of "reset" the game...

Remove your memory card, power down and power up your PS2, let the game start up. When you can take control of tommy... Pause, insert your card and load up the save and try the mission again..... Don't hold your breath thinking this will help.

Give me some time to find this (I am sure I read of this, just not sure if there were a solution)... I believe it was on another board 4+ years ago...

Spuds...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:22 AM

Whoops! Good catch, Pat blush.gif

That's a shame too. I like making custom fixes for PC users.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:34 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 25 May 2007 - 10:27 PM.

Well, I found something:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHMLuvN1WJg Sorry, Google cached some content that was only the comments from other people.

I will try to help you search it up on the GTAForums as well...

This wasn't hard to find at all:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=177236
(Is this the thread you're talking about?)

I have a physical solution to this glitch. It's just one of my ways to get in and out of interiors without doing it the easier way, or without cheatiing..

Info to come soon...

I hope this helps!

NOTE: Lance will always spawn next to you or with you. It's kinda like the pedestrian girls (fannymagnet) who magical pops right in front of you from nowhere. You can't lose Lance if you go far away from him (I think). I am going to test out these glitches below with my save file. Hmm... I think there might be a way to trigger the loading of the mansion as well, if you try to fly under Blue Hell.

• Method 1: Do one of my glitches to get to the West Island.  Grap a heli with Lance, and land right on top of the mansion. There should be an entrance leading to the upper floor, and it shouldn't be closed (I hope). Now go and finish off Diaz!  breadfish_by_Moto.gif

• Method 2: Do the many countless of ways to fly under Vice City into Blue Hell (after getting a heli first) and make your way directly under the mansion. Ascend up and type in the [aspirine] code or the PS2 code used to bring up your health just in case the heli catches fiire. Do some twist and turns to make your way onto the surface of the mansion. Come out and do your thing. For PS2, you can glitch through the mansion interior by going into the pool area and flying up near to a non-solid wall. For PC, what I do is to go near the entrance and you can glitch through the corner there.

• Method 3: Do the "Walk through Walls" trick. Type in faster gameplay code twice, and run alongside next to a vehicle near to a doorway. Trigger the loading of the mansion interior (don't think you even have to), and it's time for the finisher!

If for some reason(s) you need to keep Lance or can't go out too far away from him: then drive inside a car with him first, glitch your way through, and go quickly to the West Island. I doubt this will happen though. You always have the Film Studio Packer trick, but use that method as a last resort. Although I think that you can kill Diaz by yourself alone, and not with Lance's help.

Better yet, park a heli near to the mission marker before starting it, and hope that it doesn't disappear!

And as Spuds said before: a glitch is a glitch. Some glitches do clear up upon the next retry of the mission! xmas.gif

OFFICIAL SOLUTIONS!

1. You don't even need Lance to follow you. Just grab a heli (yes the West Island is opened biggrin.gif ) before or after you start the mission, and go on the entrance at the top floor. Now go kill Diaz!

2. Do the "Walk through Walls" trick to any doorway. What was funny after I did this was that Diaz didn't even move one bit, so I just finished him off. I triggered the death cutscene by going around the opposite side where Diaz was located. This can be also one by flying under Blue Hell, the pool area PS2-only glitch, or even below:

user posted image
The easiest method so far are #1 & 2.

Note: If the pool doors aren't open, then most likely the top floors aren't? And also, please note that Diaz is still inside the mansion without the interior being loaded.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:37 PM

I could have sworn it was on another board-- although I posted in the thread here...

Anyway... if any of the above works, please let us know and I can update the bug list with this solution.

I don't think the flying through blue hell will work as it doesn't load the interiors.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:06 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 26 May 2007 - 04:09 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ May 26 2007, 09:37)
Anyway... if any of the above works, please let us know and I can update the bug list with this solution.

I don't think the flying through blue hell will work as it doesn't load the interiors.

All the above works now and I have tested it. Start reading from "official solutions".

As for the Vice City heaven, the mission can be passed even w/o the interior loaded because all the mission script calls for is the killing of Diaz (IMO). I can send to you guys a screenshot of defeating Diaz in the Vice City heaven, and not in the mansion ghostworld... that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Surprise! cool.gif

user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

Fair enough, however... your screenies are from PC... will have to see if it works on PS2...

Thanks for the screen shots.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:17 PM

See? It's things like this that I LIKE ROF. Going the distance, traveling off the beaten path, and seeing it through...

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

Since PS2 doesn't have a Jetpack mod, you'll need to use the infamous "Walk through Walls" trick back in GTAIII. Or you can try out my Blue Hell-interior gltiches (very hard though; you'll be putting aspirine many times)

Note: I think the easiest method then would be to fly a helicopter onto the other entrance on the top floor. biggrin.gif But you don't need Lance to follow you!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

Lance will get in the heli with you.. I did verify the roof entrance is open on PS2...

I blew up 3 helis trying to do the fly above the pool to enter the mansion trick... have not verified that yet.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:25 AM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 29 May 2007 - 12:30 AM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ May 28 2007, 10:08)
I blew up 3 helis trying to do the fly above the pool to enter the mansion trick... have not verified that yet.

The easier method Spuds is to simply do the "Walk through Walls" trick...faster gameplay + a vehicle...to the doorway (especially for the sake of the thread starter here). Is it because cheating isn't your intention?

OK. It is much harder to do it for PS2 (cannot input cheats at pause menu), and it is much harder to fly under Blue Hell or through the pool area to get to the surface of the unloaded mansion. Try the method you see in the screenshot above! cool.gif

Wait a minute: you did try the method to use the entrance on the top floor, right? If so, then you will experience a properly-loaded mansion with all of Diaz' henchmen to kill.

* Oh boy, where's my guide to do interior glitches without cheating again. I think I just might put it in a thread later sometime. inlove.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users