Photo

GTA3 hangs at first mission art screen

17 replies to this topic
ebm62980
  • ebm62980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

The game seems to play fine up until I get to the point where me and 8ball are going to meet luigi for the first mission...then it just hangs on that screen with the character art that says "Luigi's Girls"

Im rinning Windows Vista on a E6400 2.4ghz core 2 duo with 2 GB ram and a X1950 pro...all with the latest updates and drivers, GTA is also at v1.1

The weird thing is that when the game is stuck at the mission screen it is still running, at least thats what it says in task manager...Ive sat on that screen for at least 5 minutes and it never moves on. Ive also tried windows XP sp2 and windows 98/Me compatibility modes to no avail.

Has anyone had this problem before? Vice City seems to do it sometimes as well but I can usually alt-tab out and back into the game ot get it moving again.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:29 AM

Edit: oops, you already said you tried this...sorry...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:09 AM

The only thing I can think of is: the game was not designed for Windows Vista, as it does not state it on the game package (the one that says what specs. are required to run the game). Hope this helps.

ebm62980
  • ebm62980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ May 14 2007, 09:09)
The only thing I can think of is: the game was not designed for Windows Vista, as it does not state it on the game package (the one that says what specs. are required to run the game). Hope this helps.

I realize that but people have been able to run it fine under windows vista and several gaming sites have said GTA3 works fine in vista.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

So... do what they did, eh?

ebm62980
  • ebm62980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 14 2007, 19:20)
So... do what they did, eh?

Obviously....thats what Im trying to find out sigh.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

So... ask the people that have conquered what THEY did?

ebm62980
  • ebm62980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 15 2007, 01:25)
So... ask the people that have conquered what THEY did?

And thats why Im posting on a forum about GTA3 technical problems...to ask the people who have dealt with this.

Got any more stupid questions? bbq.gif

If you really dont have any information that helps why do you even post?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

You say "I know some people who got it working in Vista."
I say "So do what they did."
You say "Obviously. What did they do?"
I say "Ask THEM."

So if you're that eager to "BBQ" somebody, look in the mirror at the guy that instead of going from point A to point B is taking the longest out of the way route he can. You could've been playing for days by now if you had just looked to the people you claim you know to be running the game. Just because YOU don't want to get your game running doesn't mean the things I'm telling you are unhelpful. That's like yelling at a compass for not actually taking you North sigh.gif

ebm62980
  • ebm62980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:46 PM Edited by ebm62980, 15 May 2007 - 09:16 PM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 15 2007, 16:10)
You say "I know some people who got it working in Vista."
I say "So do what they did."
You say "Obviously. What did they do?"
I say "Ask THEM."

So if you're that eager to "BBQ" somebody, look in the mirror at the guy that instead of going from point A to point B is taking the longest out of the way route he can. You could've been playing for days by now if you had just looked to the people you claim you know to be running the game. Just because YOU don't want to get your game running doesn't mean the things I'm telling you are unhelpful. That's like yelling at a compass for not actually taking you North sigh.gif

-I said I know that people have been able to play it in vista...I dont personally know the people who got it to work so I cant just "ask" them. Im only basing my knowledge of this from a few websites that listed GTA3 as a Vista compatible game and that it worked fine.

-Im on a forum asking people what they did to get it to work, if any of those people are here and seeing that it's a GTA forum, there's probably a good chance.

-Im not really trying to BBQ? anyone, I just put that emote up there because it looked like a stupid question.

You really should take a look at your posts and realize the obviousness of them. Your basically telling me to ask for help when i already am. I appreciate the help from the other two posters...but it seems like you are just trying to be a smartass.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:26 AM

Saying that the distance from A to B is shorter than the distance from A to C is not being a smartass. You say I should look at my posts, but you are the one being repeatedly hostile because you are unable to face your own shortcomings.

If you read it on a site, contact the author of the site. If you simply read it on a site, don't say "people have been able to run it fine." Because when you say that YOU make it look like you know for sure it's been done, which makes things like doing what they did and asking them if you're not sure what it is obvious. If that is incorrect, you are to blame for misleading us with your irresponsible choice of words.

My effort has been to help you help yourself. Clearly you are content with going in circles, so I'm going to leave you to it. Enjoy the consequences of your decision to upgrade your OS when everything you wanted to use it for worked fine in the OS you were once using it with.

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

The Master Of Grand Theft Auto 3

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

Oh shutup, both of you. You guys remind me of Futurama_Freak and myself (he is a freak; of nature).

Anyway, try getting a copy of XP or some other operating system, installing it, and see if GTA3 hangs. You're missing out on a sh*tload of fun!

Also, try reinstalling it.

ebm62980
  • ebm62980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:56 AM Edited by ebm62980, 16 May 2007 - 11:03 AM.

QUOTE (Master-Of-GTA @ May 16 2007, 09:17)
Oh shutup, both of you. You guys remind me of Futurama_Freak and myself (he is a freak; of nature).

Anyway, try getting a copy of XP or some other operating system, installing it, and see if GTA3 hangs. You're missing out on a sh*tload of fun!

Also, try reinstalling it.

Im not dying to play it or anything, as Ive already played it once on the PS2 and then on the PC when it came out (and sold it after I finished it)...I just found it the other day for $10 and felt like messing around with it again, since I have a much better computer since the last time I played it.

I doubt I will go back to XP for it but I will try reinstalling it...thanks for the suggestion.

ebm62980
  • ebm62980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 16 2007, 05:26)
Saying that the distance from A to B is shorter than the distance from A to C is not being a smartass. You say I should look at my posts, but you are the one being repeatedly hostile because you are unable to face your own shortcomings.

If you read it on a site, contact the author of the site. If you simply read it on a site, don't say "people have been able to run it fine." Because when you say that YOU make it look like you know for sure it's been done, which makes things like doing what they did and asking them if you're not sure what it is obvious. If that is incorrect, you are to blame for misleading us with your irresponsible choice of words.

My effort has been to help you help yourself. Clearly you are content with going in circles, so I'm going to leave you to it. Enjoy the consequences of your decision to upgrade your OS when everything you wanted to use it for worked fine in the OS you were once using it with.

Thanks for trying to help me then. Sorry for mistaking your posts for smartass remarks.

Yungblaqs
  • Yungblaqs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

I was looking into thsi and from when I got the error I found that it a virtual mem problem I first set my gta compatibilty to "windows 98" rebootin da machine then setting the virtual mem a little higher from wat vista had it i was able to get to the main menu of gta 3 but i couldn't even start a new game because of the sam e virtual mem prob.

But i think i found a fix and the link for it is here:

http://www.download....4-10040711.html

can't guarantee that it will work but its a start into fixing the prob people are having........ biggrin.gif

Vinnie
  • Vinnie

Slackware Linux

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

Did you have to bump an almost year old thread.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (ebm62980 @ May 13 2007, 14:22)
The game seems to play fine up until I get to the point where me and 8ball are going to meet luigi for the first mission...then it just hangs on that screen with the character art that says "Luigi's Girls"

Im rinning Windows Vista on a E6400 2.4ghz core 2 duo with 2 GB ram and a X1950 pro...all with the latest updates and drivers, GTA is also at v1.1

The weird thing is that when the game is stuck at the mission screen it is still running, at least thats what it says in task manager...Ive sat on that screen for at least 5 minutes and it never moves on. Ive also tried windows XP sp2 and windows 98/Me compatibility modes to no avail.

Has anyone had this problem before? Vice City seems to do it sometimes as well but I can usually alt-tab out and back into the game ot get it moving again.

Turn off the USer Account control in the control panel.

1xDarkWarriorx1
  • 1xDarkWarriorx1

Lurk moar.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Your pc is too weak,It cant run gta 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users