Quantcast

» «
Photo

What you think the 'episodes' will be?

46 replies to this topic

Poll: What you think the episodes will be? (157 member(s) have cast votes)

What you think the episodes will be?

1. Missions (88 votes [61.11%])

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

2. Vehicles (8 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Interiors (5 votes [3.47%])

Percentage of vote: 3.47%

4. Maps (24 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. Hotter Coffee (5 votes [3.47%])

Percentage of vote: 3.47%

6. Ability to defecate from skyscrapers (14 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CreebA
  • CreebA

The Creeber

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

i think they will be either new missions and/or veicles because thats all the ones i can think of right now,

can someone add a poll to get people thinking about this biggrin.gif

ooh they could be clothing aswell but they would need something else to go with it like area

cheers smile.gif

Goldrusher
  • Goldrusher

VIP

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

Missions, vehicles, interiors. Maybe a new weapon.

CrocodileDundee
  • CrocodileDundee

Liverpool FC

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

Side-missions, Like driving the subway trains to get people from one station to another in time.
Hidden interiors, Like sewers or old subway stations with hobos in them.

Brian Forbes
  • Brian Forbes

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:11 AM

It would be cool if you could play the game-watching the same events unfold from another character's perspective, with some interesting new missions/pastimes. Elizabeta and Roman's life during the events of IV maybe?

GTA IV X
  • GTA IV X

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:18 AM

In the magazine rockstar said the content would be like no other but i will still expect normal additions like cars etc to be added on...

The way they add it on better be good lol.... like in the BASE GAME i think there should be a rundown shop or something and when you get the extra content that shop then like becomes a CAR OUTLET, where these new cars come from... Unlike saints row, where you buy the new content for new cars and they magically just appear.

Also if new clothes appear i hope the content brings new banners and advertisements around the city to show your new content is actually new to the city as well lol... also if its a new make make a van with that logo ride around the city...

But thats just basic, as for the amazing thing there talking about that brings hours of new gameplay, im guessing a new area to go to, loads of missions there and some new ones in the normal areas. In this area loads of new posiblities like a new gun shop that sells new models of guns and all that...

Supernautus
  • Supernautus

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

I suppose just look for an area you can't get into, and that'll probably be whats comin in the episodes, if they're adding a new area, I have to say, if they're saying it's like no other though, it must be something pretty major, I mean, the Oblivion add on was DLC on the 360 and that was pretty big.

major underscore
  • major underscore

The GTAF Moralist

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

I expect the "episodes" to be mainly new areas and new missions. Those are the two things that can really add hours of more gameplay value to a game like GTA.

Singey
  • Singey

Uzi lover

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (CrocodileDundee @ May 13 2007, 11:07)
Side-missions, Like driving the subway trains to get people from one station to another in time.
Hidden interiors, Like sewers or old subway stations with hobos in them.

If that was the case I would be very happy! But of course I havnt decided which console to purchase yet. If I ended up with a PS3 and things like that were the episodes id be pretty pissed off.

Jackoozy
  • Jackoozy

Spark of sanity

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

Missions, sub-missions, new music, new characters, cars'n'guns, whooohooo!

QUOTE (Mia Wallace @ 1994)
I said God Damn... god damn!

TubbyJ
  • TubbyJ

Happy crack

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Jackoozy @ May 13 2007, 14:02)

All the stuff you said (except maybe scratch new characters) plus a new area or borough like another part of Alderney(New Jersey) or a parody of Staten Island.

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

Well, If I understand this correctly there are suppose to be two "packs" of episodic content; One in 2008 and one in 2009. Correct me if I'm wrong. That is two years, in which this episodic content is suppose to keep the series interesting and selling well, unless they are making other gta games in addition to this. So I think this episodic content will be to GTAIV that vice city and san andreas was to GTAIII. By the ability to download the game instead of buying a disk in a store is cheaper for both the costumers and rockstar them selves. And as internet speeds are becoming faster and faster I see this as a great posibility.

As for the PS3 which appear not to have the "exclusive content" I think the additions will be able to be bought in stores. But then it is not exclusive to the 360?! nervous.gif Well, the GTAIII series was once exclusive to the ps2. see what happened

GTA IV X
  • GTA IV X

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

lol every1 right he did say it would be CONTENT like no other, when that microsoft guy announced it he sed it would have the usual probebly new cars, new guns but it would be like no other adding hours and hours of gameplay, probebly meaning there will be a new system or loads of new sidemissions maybe a new police force or gang ??

TubbyJ
  • TubbyJ

Happy crack

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ May 13 2007, 14:22)
So I think this episodic content will be to GTAIV that vice city and san andreas was to GTAIII.

I don't think so, if you're talking about adding on entirely new cities. First off, it took R* three years to design Liberty City for GTA IV, just because of the scope of one super-detailed city being about the size of San Andreas. Now think of them trying to re-do San Andreas with this scope. Three cities about the size of the original San Andreas plus all that countryside, desert, and water in between. This would take a long time to create another city and an entire state, plus all the missions you have to put in it and such, it's just way to ambitious and a touch unrealistic for just two years in development.

Second, how would Niko's story add up in Vice City? It doesn't seem like a place that R* is trying to go with the story this time around. Same goes with San Andreas.

I do believe, however, that Vice City may be revisited, or another brand new city (my vote an Irish mob-themed Boston). It just wouldn't be downloadable.

Master_Of_Games1
  • Master_Of_Games1

GTA4 = Awesome!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:43 PM

Maybe add abit more land or other islands?

Harlemite
  • Harlemite

Resident of North AlgonquinWorld

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Master_Of_Games1 @ May 13 2007, 14:43)

Nope, it's already been said that it would be basically stupid to add something later on that wasn't there to begin with. It takes away from the realism if new land just pops up you know? Although I would like to see that.

Anyway, my guess is that it will be VCS or LCS-esque type add ons.

What I mean is that for the LCS type add on, the IV main characters and storyline would be neutralized while you are playing and it would be a new storyline with a new set of characters.

and for the VCS-esque add on, they could fulfill the speculation that surrounds that "Vice-City, $300" sign and make the add on a new VC with new characters and a new story.

Just my opinion; hardly factual.

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

I don't think so, if you're talking about adding on entirely new cities. First off, it took R* three years to design Liberty City for GTA IV, just because of the scope of one super-detailed city being about the size of San Andreas. Now think of them trying to re-do San Andreas with this scope. Three cities about the size of the original San Andreas plus all that countryside, desert, and water in between. This would take a long time to create another city and an entire state, plus all the missions you have to put in it and such, it's just way to ambitious and a touch unrealistic for just two years in development.

I totally understand what you mean. But remember what a great improvement vice city was compared to GTA3, and that was produced in a year or so. And if such a detailed, impressive location as liberty city cant be made in a year, how long will it be untill there will be a sequel? A possibility of corse is that the episodic content could keep the franchise "warm" until another gta coming around 2009/2010

[QUOTE]Second, how would Niko's story add up in Vice City? It doesn't seem like a place that R* is trying to go with the story this time around. Same goes with San Andreas.[QUOTE]

Not to try and argue all of your oppininons, lol. But nico doesn't nessisary have to be tha main character in all three games. Besides, san andreas was just one city in GTA1 and it could be so this time around also. That would be all.... hehe

CreebA
  • CreebA

The Creeber

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:08 PM Edited by CreebA, 13 May 2007 - 03:12 PM.

ive just thought that..... they are going to use as much space as they can on the disk, right.

so mabe they are like 2gb of just pure everything that we said on this topic biggrin.gif because they would be able to have about 5gb to give die-hard fans (not bruce wilis smile.gif ) more action, veicles, missions and maybe airplanes in the future because nothing is stopping them adding them later on. i wouldnt delete it off my HD

its a great idea and it offers hours of new gameplay

ooooooor maybe they are the different islands so that we dont speed through the game it all makes sense, what do you guys (very unlikly girls) think biggrin.gif

Master_Of_Games1
  • Master_Of_Games1

GTA4 = Awesome!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Harlemite @ May 13 2007, 14:50)
QUOTE (Master_Of_Games1 @ May 13 2007, 14:43)

Nope, it's already been said that it would be basically stupid to add something later on that wasn't there to begin with. It takes away from the realism if new land just pops up you know? Although I would like to see that.

Anyway, my guess is that it will be VCS or LCS-esque type add ons.

What I mean is that for the LCS type add on, the IV main characters and storyline would be neutralized while you are playing and it would be a new storyline with a new set of characters.

and for the VCS-esque add on, they could fulfill the speculation that surrounds that "Vice-City, $300" sign and make the add on a new VC with new characters and a new story.

Just my opinion; hardly factual.

Yeah, but would have been pretty cool.

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

Added the poll, enjoy

CreebA
  • CreebA

The Creeber

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ May 13 2007, 15:38)
Added the poll, enjoy

thanks biggrin.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

Missions, peds, cars, cloths, and changed buildings.

TubbyJ
  • TubbyJ

Happy crack

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ May 13 2007, 14:54)
Not to try and argue all of your oppininons, lol. But nico doesn't nessisary have to be tha main character in all three games. Besides, san andreas was just one city in GTA1 and it could be so this time around also. That would be all.... hehe

I don't think they're gonna put new characters in the episodes, it was a cool idea, but I don't see it happening. Really at the core I think more missions, and maybe (and hopefully) a brand new borough or area.

FireStyle
  • FireStyle

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

Personally I think that the ep. content will actually be a new area in the game. Mabey an extended portion of jersey ?

I think it'll feature new vehicles, new weapons, new missions, new multiplayer content, new buildings/safe houses, new clothes (mabey some new brands) and mabey some new music.

But personally I hope that they release it on a disk, so that users without dsl can get it. They should relese it on a disk that will install the extra content on your hard drive and then allow you to play it... like an expansion pack.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Jackoozy @ May 13 2007, 14:02)

QUOTE (Mia Wallace @ 1994)
I said God Damn... god damn!

imagine the possibilities cool.gif

Toni.Cipriani
  • Toni.Cipriani

You know I'll be loyal

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (REspawn @ May 13 2007, 15:38)
Added the poll, enjoy

The ability to defecate is the more plausible answer.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:20 AM

Defecation. bored.gif

Lycanthrope
  • Lycanthrope

WRONG BITCH, I'M SICK OF YOU

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:49 AM

I don't think there will be actual missions. Because they can't fit into the storyline if someone has finished it. I think it will be more interiors, more SIDE missions, cars, clothes, etc. ph34r.gif

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:50 AM

steak and defecating. definately

nah, i say missions. they are the easiest to do

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:17 AM

Two things you have to consider with the downloadable content is that its been said it will add hours of gameplay and in one of the magazine interviews when one of the housers was asked whether we would revisit the new liberty city in the future, all he would say is 'downloadable content'. So in my opinion you can say with 100% certainty that there WILL be extra missions.

CreebA
  • CreebA

The Creeber

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (mattymcs @ May 14 2007, 08:17)
Two things you have to consider with the downloadable content is that its been said it will add hours of gameplay and in one of the magazine interviews when one of the housers was asked whether we would revisit the new liberty city in the future, all he would say is 'downloadable content'. So in my opinion you can say with 100% certainty that there WILL be extra missions.

hope they are missions because it would make the game last so much longer if you get bored with it biggrin.gif

or new buildings in the map, but i still like my idea baout it being the locked islands so everyone goes through it together like theres a twait in the story somehow and people will get spoiled by spoilers smile.gif lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users