Photo

Shakedown

7 replies to this topic
Mandafoo
  • Mandafoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

I am completely lost on how you do the mission "Shakedown" after you kill Diaz. I use a motorcycle or a scooter to shoot out the windows, but I never find all of the shops in time, and the cops are a b*tch, man!

Any tips to make this mission easier, so I can go onto the others? confused.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

Bah, I never bother with getting a vehicle into the mall. Most times I equip myself with an MP5 and just sprint around the entire bottom level in a logical pattern, then jump to the top level and do likewise.

Other times I've utilized heavy weaponry a la the minigun or a rocket launcher to take out the windows rapidly or multiple windows in one shot.

You might want to learn a route - that will come with practice and sticking at it.

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

I tend to do the first tier/floor in a counter clockwise rotation then go upstairs and do Gash, Vinyl Countdown, etc.

I try not to use any big weapons such as rocket launcher as it slows you down while running, I tend to use whatever the drive by weapon is, and you can move it left and right while shooting manually too which helps.

icon14.gif

Mandafoo
  • Mandafoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:48 AM

Tried that, still getting stuck. Another great help suggested to me after I posted this (I love you, Fuzzy. biggrin.gif) was to go by the mall and plan out a route. I'll try your suggestions, too.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:47 AM

First things first, run upstairs. Use the Maverick to fly there and save a little time. I agree with Fuzzy that sometimes small wares will do and other times, go for the heavy stuff. Depends on what you're in the mood for. Where I do NOT agree with him is the MP5. For this mission, I prefer either the Mac10 or Tec9 since you can move while firing it. Otherwise, a Rocket Launcher is a good way to take out multiple windows per shot. Aim at the Gash correctly and you can take out four windows per shot. Don't be afraid to kill cops. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? You'll be wanted? That's happening anyways wink.gif

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

Passed it first time round, a very lovely mission. In my case I used the white Lambo that's parked outside the mansion. Pedal to the metal all the way to the stores and left the car just outside the door. Once inside use the Tec 9 (as Demarest said) and move from shop to shop spraying bullets in all directions. (I have the PC game so it's quite easy to literally spray everywhere, I don't know how the PS system works.) Once you've done the shops on the ground floor sprint up the elevators and finish the rest.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 11 2007, 16:47)
Don't be afraid to kill cops. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? You'll be wanted? That's happening anyways wink.gif

That's a good point for many missions, especially ones like this. Considering the wanted level is cleared upon mission completion, avoiding cops should, well, be avoided. tounge.gif

Mandafoo
  • Mandafoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:39 PM

I got it! I thought all those triangles were actual stores, so I was like wow.gif! How'm I supposed to do all those in under 5-minutes?! But I finally got it, thanks to advice from you guys. Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users